Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I want to carry a smaller, but girthier, knife, in my rear end and two large knives in my head and heart respectively, in such a way as for me to be dead. A corpse, if you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I want to carry a knife in my pocket, but I'm worried I'll puncture my scrotum.

naem
May 29, 2011

Did you hand grind an extra stabby part because that's kind of serial murder-y

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

I only see one sharp bit

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

naem posted:

Hand sharpen it with the graphite stick things one of my friends has (he sharpens tools, knives, scissors and lawn mower blades as a side business). Knife is only like 6 inches long total, so it'd be a poo poo murder weapon, mostly just use it to open boxes, cut weed eater line when I'm doing yard work and cleaning my nails

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

can anyone recommend a pocket knife please

Step 1: Find out what the laws are in your area re: knives.
Step 2: Get the most barely legal knife you can find.

Here's a good one if you regularly stab through 1/8 inch steel plates

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Lol at all these knives. Get a Victorinox Compact. Simple, elegant, incredibly useful without making you look like you're carrying an allegory for.your desire yo take your dick out in public.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

symbolic posted:

someone was never a Boy Scout

you have two options when you're bored as gently caress at summer camp: light poo poo on fire, or whittle, and whittling probably never started a wildfire
When I was camping with my in-laws, I whittled a spoon and a fork to avoid talking to my in-laws.

Today I worked in a warehouse. I carried the Ka-Bar Mini Dozier, and used it once to open a box.

It weights less than an ounce and clips to anything you're wearing. It's also small enough that I often forget it's in my pocket when I do laundry. That's my story, thanks for listening.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I compensate for my small penis with a Kershaw Camber from amazon

Got some kind of fancy powder steel blade or some other bullshit, I don't know why I have it or carry it everywhere, I just felt like I should carry around a nice knife.

It's spring assisted and has the little flipper nub I like.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

support the party, buy sanrenmu

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Victorinox Compact.

Yes. Don't carry allegories, carry Altoids:

http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/how-to-build-your-own-altoids-tin-survival-kit-1609107708

(Unless you're flying, in the UK where there are no imaginary cowboys or emergencies, always within arm's length of a knife drawer, or so broken that literally every oblong shape becomes a phallic object).

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
one of my drunk friends left his knife in my car a while back and but i didnt give it back to him bc i ended up breaking it bc it looked like it was meant to be thrown (it was not meant to be thrown) please yall do not buy fake rear end ninja poo poo it ends up disappointing more folks than you realize

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Bum the Sad posted:

I compensate for my small penis with a Kershaw Camber from amazon
Got some kind of fancy powder steel blade or some other bullshit, I don't know why I have it or carry it everywhere, I just felt like I should carry around a nice knife.
It's spring assisted and has the little flipper nub I like.

Holy poo poo I have this same knife except with the tanto point. I mostly use it for cigar splitting though. My small penis compensation knife is one of these bad boys.

Six bucks at the truck stop, and worth every penny. The saw is actually pretty decent.

whoflungpoop posted:

one of my drunk friends left his knife in my car a while back and but i didnt give it back to him bc i ended up breaking it bc it looked like it was meant to be thrown (it was not meant to be thrown) please yall do not buy fake rear end ninja poo poo it ends up disappointing more folks than you realize

Eleven Oh One Eighteen Sixteen is the item number on this one.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Murphy Brownback posted:

The only time I've ever had to use a screwdriver at work, ever, was when I got a new monitor delivered. Yes I could have saved like 30 seconds of asking the secretary "hey, you got a screwdriver?" and getting it, but I consider it worth it to not have to worry about yet another bulky thing to make sure I have in my pockets before I leave the apartment.

As for scissors, there's a supply closet about 10 feet from me with a near endless supply of them, and for the life of me I can't imagine one situation I've been in at work where I thought "hey, I could really use a pair of pliers right about now".

You don't get out much, huh?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

What kind of OCD hell do people live in where they're never more than six feet from a gully stocked knife and scissor and bottle opener closet or drawer?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Robotnik Nudes posted:

What kind of OCD hell do people live in where they're never more than six feet from a gully stocked knife and scissor and bottle opener closet or drawer?

I'm assuming you're joking, but when you're not at home.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Lol at all these knives. Get a Victorinox Compact. Simple, elegant, incredibly useful without making you look like you're carrying an allegory for.your desire yo take your dick out in public.

Victorinox knives are great but I really wish that they'd add a pocket clip. The common 91mm models are just large enough to be uncomfortable to have floating around loose in your pocket, and I'm sure as poo poo not wearing a belt pouch in public. I carried a Victorinox Tinker for a good while but I found that it's a lot more comfortable to carry a Leatherman Micra in my watch pocket along with a separate knife.

Right now it's a Spyderco Native. Good and short, but the blade is still broad enough to give you a lot of control when you choke up on it.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
After reading eight pages of this I've become increasingly convinced that these forums in TYOOL 2016 consitutes mainly of Finns, American rednecks and the cast of Kevin Smith's 1994 movie "Clerks".

Fastidious Toes
Apr 10, 2009

so much blood....
Every self respecting human should never be found in public without a blade of some sort and the ability to create fire. People have been doing it for thousands of years. Don't be a disgrace to your ancestors.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
peepin them drawers :haw:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
my knife is pretty good, it's a 1939 Nazi bayonet. this is just my standard "walking around" all-purpose go to tool. its great for carving wood, or skinning animals, or cutting ropes, etc. it's all one solid piece of metal, so it's pretty indestructible. was it used for war crimes? :shrug: i donno my grandfather gave it to me and i didnt ask:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Speaking of Micras and such, here's the other thing I carry 24/7 and love so much a+ would recommend if you're some sort of wire using nerd

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

GRANNYS PEACH TEA posted:

Six bucks at the truck stop, and worth every penny. The saw is actually pretty decent.

Good God granny, you're going to lose a digit or several

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

"A man should always carry a knife, lighter and handkerchief. There's not much life can throw at you that you can't cut, burn or put a tourniquet around well enough to at least get you home." - My Dad

So far he's been right.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I used a knife to remove a laptop from a remote dead african AMA

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

every time i forget to bring my knife to work i wind up asking to borrow one on the jobsite. can't imagine being so effeminate and insecure that i wouldn't carry such a useful tool

Murphy Brownback posted:

The only time I've ever had to use a screwdriver at work, ever, was when I got a new monitor delivered. Yes I could have saved like 30 seconds of asking the secretary "hey, you got a screwdriver?" and getting it, but I consider it worth it to not have to worry about yet another bulky thing to make sure I have in my pockets before I leave the apartment.

As for scissors, there's a supply closet about 10 feet from me with a near endless supply of them, and for the life of me I can't imagine one situation I've been in at work where I thought "hey, I could really use a pair of pliers right about now".

lol

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Knofe

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

autoaim.cfg posted:

After reading eight pages of this I've become increasingly convinced that these forums in TYOOL 2016 consitutes mainly of Finns, American rednecks and the cast of Kevin Smith's 1994 movie "Clerks".

It's a few years late, but better than no epiphany at all I suppose.

Now Wrangle for me.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Murphy Brownback posted:

This is really sad.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Knives are bad rear end

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

8 track betamax posted:

This is really sad.

I bet this guy takes his car to Jiffy Lube instead of changing his own oil.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How does anyone change their oil without a pocket knife?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

sassassin posted:

A centerpunch and a 3 lb. mallet.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sassassin posted:

What the hell are you using a knife for when changing oil?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

You hold the knife in one hand and poutr the oil with the other ffs.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
stab the filter to wrench it off

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Jerry Cotton posted:

you cut off the supply lines when you change the oil :rolleyes:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Airborne Viking posted:

you cut off the supply lines when you change the oil :rolleyes:

I thought you only did that when you're defending the motherland against invading Nazi hordes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
To all the box-opening goons, do you ignore the pull tabs on your amazon packages of anime dvds just to pull out your knife?

Or is it strictly something you only use on your part-time warehouse job because the boss doesn't trust you with a site box cutter?

• Locked thread