Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Also, scuz: in case any of you guys were wondering about having it online, I listened to it before saying I'd buy it. It's good, and the track order is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

"Gimme some of them titties up in there!"
- Bride's uncle to her grandmother, over the PA system

This wedding is a poo poo show.

E: the wedding itself is lovely. The uncle is a drunken degenerate and has assumed the MC duties, and half of the family are North Floridians.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 9, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My girlfriend has some friends over last night for a movie/tv night and they made some amazing food and there were a ton of leftovers.

WERE.

Send help.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
How many Klondike bars did you eat

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

Now that you mention it there is one left in the freezer...

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Rocket league update is pretty fun....

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Powershift posted:

both front and rear hits missed the bumpers, it must have been squished between 2 brotrucks.

The most Alberta of accidents.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

loving got the RX7 running for a nice little shakedown. Let it cool down and go to start it back up and one of the vacuum lines buried deep underneath the intake went pop. This loving car :lol:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

BraveUlysses posted:

Thanks for reminding me that my wife bought huckleberry ice cream sandwiches and I haven't eaten all of them yet.
:btroll:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

loving got the RX7 running for a nice little shakedown. Let it cool down and go to start it back up and one of the vacuum lines buried deep underneath the intake went pop. This loving car :lol:

When you gaze into the 13B, the 13B also gazes back at you. It is time for a bit of critical reflection, some real dark night of the soul poo poo.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

ssjonizuka posted:

Rocket league update is pretty fun....

I play PC, same username

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cakefool posted:

Hey! I like seal. I've fond formative memories of it being in rotation with dire straits in my dad's car when I was younger and only got to see him for a week or so every 3-6 months. Brothers in arms wasn't the first CD I bought but it's the one I've replaced immediately every time it got stolen or unplayably scratched.

Best Seal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcPawP_0KM

Song is still obscenely good to this day.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
DO WE HAVE ANY PHOTOGRAPHY GOONS I AM NOT GOOD WITH CAMERA

I bought this camera from a goon. Combined with this lens, total was $140. It's a 45-200 (real talk: 90-400 because 2x crop factor, if I"m understanding this correctly) lens.

I needed a standard lens or two for it, so I got smashed and bought THESE lenses.

Now, what I know so far:

The olympus is a standard, bottom-of-the-good-barrel lens, with a bit of barrel distortion that most four-thirds cameras take care of in internal software anyway. It's wider angle, but an okay "street" lens, and the "17mm" is equivalent to a 35mm, well, 35mm lens, which is what I learned what little photography I know on. So, it's okay, but has no internal image stabilization because olympus puts that in their camera bodies.

The TOKINA lens is special. The seller posts the following about it (warning: verbose)

quote:

Offered is a Micro 4/3 adapted all metal and glass TOKINA Special 28mm f2.8 manual focus wide angle prime lens. This is a sharp and versatile optic with a compact form factor and 52mm filter thread. This lens is an ideal manual focus lens for walking around, as it is scales nicely to the diminutive “mirrorless” Interchangeable Lens Cameras. On a micro 4/3 Olympus Pen, Olympus OM-D, Kodak PixPro S-1, or Panasonic Lumix G with a 2x “crop factor” this optic provides an equivalent focal length of 56mm, or “normal”. At f8-11 it has a very deep “depth-of-field”, always a plus with “mirrorless” focusing. And it has a maximum aperture of f2.8, which provides not only low-light ability, but also a shallow “depth-of-field” when desired.

I walk about a mile to the Java Jungle every morning, as I am a caffeine-based life form. Often I will pick out a lens to adapt to my Olympus Pen E-P2, and this Tokina wide-angle got the call the other day. Frankly, there aren’t a lot of lenses from top makers of this era that don’t make the cut…you either made the grade or fell by the wayside. But then there are a few that exceed your expectations, and this one did for me. I will let you be the judge. I have included a few images from my stroll. They are uploaded to eBay straight from the SD card, no post-production, filters, or cropping. The ISO was set to 200 and the White Balance to “Auto”. I shot in Aperture Priority, so the camera selected shutter speeds from 1/40th to 1/250th of a second. I set the aperture ring on f11 and left it there. The flower shots are usually captured at closest focusing distance…less than a foot. I just focused and shot.

The best way to use one of these lenses on a micro 4/3 ILC is to shoot it in Aperture Priority mode. The ISO can be preset, I generally use ISO100 in full sun, and I set the White Balance in Auto. Then you set the aperture ring for the desired depth of field, manually focus and shoot. The camera will determine the correct shutter speed. Only the newest micro 4/3 cameras have the “focus peaking” aid, so it is advisable to either have the optional detachable electronic viewfinder, or to get an LCD magnifying loupe. I have one, and they work as well as anything I have used.

What I get, other than manual focus (I'm okay with this) is that this is the closest to a 55mm "prime" (in 35mm terms?) lens as I can get for under $100 (it was about $80).

How bad did I gently caress up? If I did, I'll just turn around and flip the things, because lens prices are cray cray, holy poo poo like 2x the value of the camera.

All I want to do is take better pictures of projects, and will probably use auto (panasonic: "iA") mode 99% of the time. I putzed around in photography classes, and actually made eyeglasses (along with doing refractive exams) for six years, so basic, basic concepts like f-stop and aperture and poo poo aren't totally lost on me, but I'm totally not a photographer.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Geirskogul posted:

I play PC, same username

Same. I'll jump on a little later and add you to my frenz list.

Also, on camera chat, I don't think you did too bad if the crop factor is really that much, but I'm no expert as well. At least you have the right attitude, if it's not working out, then move on.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Goodwood Revival is on this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jresu2xAKKk

Mr Bean is driving in the next race.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Currently upgrading my breaker panel so I can accommodate two 30 Amp 240 Volt runs for an IBM Bladecenter.

Send help.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Cameras are like bikes but way more expensive and with even more "standards."

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Hey assholes, new Roadkill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSB2_428P2w

Also what are the wheels they put on that?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Geirskogul posted:

I bought this camera from a goon. Combined with this lens, total was $140. It's a 45-200 (real talk: 90-400 because 2x crop factor, if I"m understanding this correctly) lens.

I needed a standard lens or two for it, so I got smashed and bought THESE lenses.

Now, what I know so far:

The olympus is a standard, bottom-of-the-good-barrel lens, with a bit of barrel distortion that most four-thirds cameras take care of in internal software anyway. It's wider angle, but an okay "street" lens, and the "17mm" is equivalent to a 35mm, well, 35mm lens, which is what I learned what little photography I know on. So, it's okay, but has no internal image stabilization because olympus puts that in their camera bodies.

The TOKINA lens is special. The seller posts the following about it (warning: verbose)

What I get, other than manual focus (I'm okay with this) is that this is the closest to a 55mm "prime" (in 35mm terms?) lens as I can get for under $100 (it was about $80).

How bad did I gently caress up? If I did, I'll just turn around and flip the things, because lens prices are cray cray, holy poo poo like 2x the value of the camera.

All I want to do is take better pictures of projects, and will probably use auto (panasonic: "iA") mode 99% of the time. I putzed around in photography classes, and actually made eyeglasses (along with doing refractive exams) for six years, so basic, basic concepts like f-stop and aperture and poo poo aren't totally lost on me, but I'm totally not a photographer.

Ok, so Micro 4/3 has a crop factor of 2 meaning your 28mm is, yes, basically an equivalent of a 56mm lens on a 35mm camera.

Tokina is a fine brand from what I know.

If you're taking pictures of projects, you have the time to expose it properly rather than use auto mode. I recommend experimenting with manual mode, you'll find it a lot easier to get the exposure you want on the subject.

Micro 4/3 is even smaller than your standard DSLR crop sensor so there is some compromise involved. If you get the photo itch, buy a cheap 35mm camera; you can develop your own B&W for cheap and the pictures come out pretty great.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

88h88 posted:

what are the wheels they put on that?

Looks like American Racing AR767s.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Almost! Now I know I have options for steelies at least, thanks!

Cragar 397s

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

88h88 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSB2_428P2w

Also what are the wheels they put on that?

Truly American muscle has inflated if they paid that dude $2800 for that flagrant lump of poo poo with no transmission fluid, a busted carb, a hosed up driveshaft, and a hosed up front-end. That Valiant (?) at 15:50 looks p. cool though.

Edit: don't forget no title, apparently.

Pham Nuwen fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 9, 2016

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Don't forget Bassett DOT steelies!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

When you're wallowing in the mire and flagellating yourself over perceived failures (real or otherwise) culminating in a recent breakup, I have found few better therapies than splitting wood until your arms start giving out. Got a half-cord done; gently caress I'm out of shape. Felt great afterwards. Caught a nice looking lady giving me the eye at the store this evening, and a group of kids threw wild thumbs-up at me on my motorcycle heading home. The dang world keeps on spinning.
:unsmith:

She seemed like a real rear end in a top hat, good riddance. Not really, she seemed nice, but there are a bunch of nice ladies out there and you'll find the perfect one cuz you're a good dude.

If you ever want to come do some talent scouting in San Diego feel free to come crash at our place!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

:swoon:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Pham Nuwen posted:

Truly American muscle has inflated if they paid that dude $2800 for that flagrant lump of poo poo with no transmission fluid, a busted carb, a hosed up driveshaft, and a hosed up front-end. That Valiant (?) at 15:50 looks p. cool though.

Edit: don't forget no title, apparently.
It's truly sad that you need so much money to get so little car knowing that you need to put so much more money into it to make it driveable. gently caress that noise, I'm going back to F5ing my $2,000-limit craigslistings.
$61.45 for one! That's antihistamine money!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

88h88 posted:

Almost! Now I know I have options for steelies at least, thanks!

Cragar 397s

Man, I wish the Soft 8s came with a stripe. I keep thinking I'm going to have to put one on mine.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

drat, these only come in 15"? I need 16"s.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Man, I wish the Soft 8s came with a stripe. I keep thinking I'm going to have to put one on mine.

I'm going to put a set on a Japanese car because I grew up watching US shows with V8s and wheels like this... Badass as gently caress.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

88h88 posted:

drat, these only come in 15"? I need 16"s.

I'm going to put a set on a Japanese car because I grew up watching US shows with V8s and wheels like this... Badass as gently caress.

USDM YO!

Those Cragars are available all the way up to 17"s. They've got some D-Windows that are similar to those ARs as well. No stripes on either, though. :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I can do stripes easy enough.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Please don't stripe tease.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Geirskogul posted:

Now, what I know so far:

You're a novice, so you can ignore "35mm equivalent" bullshit. Everyone (read: everyone who isn't a professional photographer) has a crop body of some sort. It's useful for some technical discussions, but think of it the same way you see a dude with a BMW 328 reciting Lamborghini stats off of the top of his head at a gas station: cool story, bro.

Buy Understanding Exposure and read it cover-to-cover a few times. https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-3rd-Photographs-Camera/dp/0817439390

Read the user manual for your camera cover-to-cover a few times, as well.

Starting off with manual lenses might be a bit much, so try to get a decent fast prime lens with autofocus so you don't go insane trying to futz with 5 parameters at once.

Welcome to the madness.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Phone posted:

You're a novice, so you can ignore "35mm equivalent" bullshit. Everyone (read: everyone who isn't a professional photographer) has a crop body of some sort. It's useful for some technical discussions, but think of it the same way you see a dude with a BMW 328 reciting Lamborghini stats off of the top of his head at a gas station: cool story, bro.

Buy Understanding Exposure and read it cover-to-cover a few times. https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-3rd-Photographs-Camera/dp/0817439390

Read the user manual for your camera cover-to-cover a few times, as well.

Welcome to the madness.

Knowing the equivalent of a 35mm nifty-fifty is useful because that's a drat useful lens to have.

Also I don't just have a crop body :smuggo:

Medium-format film cameras like the Yashica are a pretty good photographic bang for your buck... $100 for a camera with a "sensor size" of 6x6cm

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I really like US wheels selection. They have some color variations of the D windows, a few different soft 8s as well as the star wheels that you see on trucks. Plus this white striped version which is spiffy: http://www.uswheel.com/collections/truck-4x4/products/white8spoke

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I love how they're 'truck/4x4' wheels. Also I'm sad at how cheap they are in the US. They're double that in £ if I want some. :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
"time attack" red stripes look so dated now

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Those are baller.
Makes me want to powder coat the steelies on my panda, but orange steelies on a panda kind of miss the point.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pham Nuwen posted:

Knowing the equivalent of a 35mm nifty-fifty is useful because that's a drat useful lens to have.

Also I don't just have a crop body :smuggo:

Medium-format film cameras like the Yashica are a pretty good photographic bang for your buck... $100 for a camera with a "sensor size" of 6x6cm

Nifty 50s on Canon is 80mm and on other bodies is 75mm.

I like the 35mm I have which is like a 52mm; however, I get way more use of of my 23mm fixed lens on the X100T.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

88h88 posted:

"Don't want to half rear end that gauge install."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

YAY best time of the month!

Cage posted:

I really like US wheels selection. They have some color variations of the D windows, a few different soft 8s as well as the star wheels that you see on trucks. Plus this white striped version which is spiffy: http://www.uswheel.com/collections/truck-4x4/products/white8spoke

Crap I think that's what wheels are on the Courier except white. Or maybe it's Cragers or Bassett. Either way they actually look pretty decent on it, would be better if I dropped it a couple inches. drat brother's been driving it basically since I bought it since all his cars are garbage and broken all the time. Need to have him over some weekend to install the lowering blocks and chop the springs.

• Locked thread