Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

rolling up salad joints of og kush and blue cheese & working on tunes all day in this insufferable heat and taking occasional bloodborne breaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It's time for some Buddha blessing.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
let's smoke until we're all retarded

Allah is righteous

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
was just cleaning my favorite pipe (stand-up bubbler, completely clear like the professional lab equipment that it is; none of that drippy hippy colorful bullshit). just wanted to save that i hate resin. god drat resin :argh: it's so sticky and it gets on everything and it's so hard to clean off and it smells loving terrible.

in short: gently caress resin

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

if you clean your pipe daily or weekly (depending on how much you smoke) with alcohol you will never have resin buildup to deal with and the cleaning will be very fast.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
that is really asking a lot of me

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Earwicker posted:

if you clean your pipe daily or weekly (depending on how much you smoke) with alcohol you will never have resin buildup to deal with and the cleaning will be very fast.

Yeah but what will I smoke when the weed is all gone?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
smoking resin is disgusting hobo behavior, like picking other peoples used cigarette butts out of the gutter

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yeah. i smoked resin a lot when i was a poor college student in a city that would go dry from time to time, but have not had to resort to that in years. its gross. tho i still do a 2nd generation joint sometimes.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
is dabbing count as weed or is it a totally new thing now like crack?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Cordon bleu posted:

its cannabis but its not weed. see also hash, wax, oil, etc. basically different forms of extraction from weed

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Cordon bleu posted:

You know how cocaine is basically weaponized coca leaf? Dabs are kind of the equivalent of the cannabis plant.

Cosmik Slop fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 11, 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
dabbing is just vaporizing cannabis resin and carries all the idiocy of the vaping scene with it with big ridiculous rigs

it's not my thing but i'm probably still tainted by memories of dirty lovely weed oils people used to make out of garbage when I was a kid, a lot of it nearly as gross as smoking resin

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

The Tao Jones posted:

You know how cocaine is badically weaponized coca leaf? Dabs are kind of the equivalent of the cannabis plant.

not even close at all

like, this is some D.A.R.E propoganda poo poo, lmao

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

reallivedinosaur posted:

dabbing is just vaporizing cannabis resin and carries all the idiocy of the vaping scene with it with big ridiculous rigs

it's not my thing but i'm probably still tainted by memories of dirty lovely weed oils people used to make out of garbage when I was a kid, a lot of it nearly as gross as smoking resin

Dunno man they got these things called Pheonix Tears now?? IT's basically some black tar u put on your tongue for terminal cancer patients. It makes me black out and wake up days later hehehah

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

reallivedinosaur posted:

nah there are a lot of popular wax/oil vape pens that are intentionally very small and discreet. and the vapor doesn't make nearly as much of a smell as actual smoke, so its useful in many situations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i recently got a tiny robot dick for extracts and it is amazing. One bowlpack of wax and a full battery lasts me a couple of days or more of heavy use and it's super discreet and unsmelly. Here where weed is still illegal it's a worthy successor to the venerable dugout/bat and i feel much better carrying and using it out in the world compared to anything involving bud.

Just lol though if you have a bunch of ridiculous dabbing hardware at home where you could just be vaping/smoking full flavored bud instead

e: its this lil guy

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 11, 2016

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

reallivedinosaur posted:

not even close at all

like, this is some D.A.R.E propoganda poo poo, lmao

quote:

What are Dabs and How are They Made?
Dabs are concentrated doses of cannabis that are made by extracting THC and other cannabinoids using a solvent like butane or carbon dioxide, resulting in sticky oils also commonly referred to as wax, shatter, budder, and butane hash oil (BHO).

like, eat poo poo lmao

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Earwicker posted:

nah there are a lot of popular wax/oil vape pens that are intentionally very small and discreet. and the vapor doesn't make nearly as much of a smell as actual smoke, so its useful in many situations.

ya, i've used them, i'm not a big fan of vapes in general, i like the instant high you get when smoking. with those little pipes i'd waste the whole thing not knowing if i was high yet.

i dont care so much about smell anymore since i am grown up and dont need to hide the fact that i smoke, would have been handy in university days though

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

The Tao Jones posted:

like, eat poo poo lmao

now google what cocaine is

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
here's a start

https://erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/coca2cocaine.html

a lot more going on chemically than "use alcohol wash to seperate the kief from the leaf"

e: nothing is "converted" into anything else when you make weed oil. you are just separating the part of the plant with the thc from the part without

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the coca:cocaine :: weed:extracts analogy is technically accurate but it only extends to cocaine paste which then has to be converted to cocaine HCl via chemical reaction before it's ready to snort

coke to crack is another chemical reaction and thus not really comparable to a simple extraction

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 11, 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
we might as well say hash oil is the same as heroin

i these are the same arguments that the DEA uses to call it a "manufactured product" and give you bigger sentences for crack, than they would for cocaine.

people still believe homemade moonshine will make you go blind, so good was the propaganda during prohibition.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

reallivedinosaur posted:

i these are the same arguments that the DEA uses to call it a "manufactured product" and give you bigger sentences for crack, than they would for cocaine.

people still believe homemade moonshine will make you go blind, so good was the propaganda during prohibition.

Good extract dabs really are amazing these days lol

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the propaganda exaggerated it but it is possible for some types of alcohol to cause blindness

of course people die from drinking too much regular old name brand alcohol all the time..

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

reallivedinosaur posted:

The government actually did intentionally poison and kill like 10,000 so it wasn't just propaganda.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Earwicker posted:

the propaganda exaggerated it but it is possible for some types of alcohol to cause blindness

of course people die from drinking too much regular old name brand alcohol all the time..

you need to drink a decent amount of methanol (aka wood alcohol) to go blind or die

when you distill grains like corn or barley, you make ethanol (grain alcohol), you don't make methanol in any significant amount.

there aren't really any records of anybody out there dying and going blind from drinking homemade moonshine, and there are a whole lot of people out there doing it just for fun - I was surprised how popular a hobby this is when I lived in the south.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

reallivedinosaur posted:

you need to drink a decent amount of methanol (aka wood alcohol) to go blind or die

when you distill grains like corn or barley, you make ethanol (grain alcohol), you don't make methanol in any significant amount.

there aren't really any records of anybody out there dying and going blind from drinking homemade moonshine, and there are a whole lot of people out there doing it just for fun - I was surprised how popular a hobby this is when I lived in the south.

lol no dude people have been selling moonshine with methanol and far worse chemicals in it for a long time and people still go blind and die from it all the time in many parts of the world

http://bmcclinpharma.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1472-6904-9-5

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/22/asia/india-moonshine-deaths-mumbai/

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/the-deadly-side-of-moonshine-41629081/?no-ist

you arent as likely to see this happening with backyard hobbyists in first world countries for obvious reasons, but when moonshine is made and sold on a larger scales for profit then yeah theres sometimes going to be methanol and who knows what else involved

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Earwicker posted:

lol no dude people have been selling moonshine with methanol and far worse chemicals in it for a long time and people still go blind and die from it all the time in many parts of the world

http://bmcclinpharma.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1472-6904-9-5

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/22/asia/india-moonshine-deaths-mumbai/

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/the-deadly-side-of-moonshine-41629081/?no-ist

you arent as likely to see this happening with backyard hobbyists in first world countries for obvious reasons, but when moonshine is made and sold on a larger scales for profit then yeah theres sometimes going to be methanol and who knows what else involved

yes, you can deliberately add poison to a beverage and make it a poisonous beverage

but it has nothing to do with the process of making moonshine or it being at all dangerous to make your own

you could, in theory, put a bomb inside a hamburger. that doesn't mean there is any danger that if you try to make your own burgers at home you might accidentally blow yourself up - and that therefore we should only be allowed to buy burgers from mcdonalds

the truth is it's safest to make your own burgers, distill your own booze, and grow your own weed

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

reallivedinosaur posted:

yes, you can deliberately add poison to a beverage and make it a poisonous beverage

but it has nothing to do with the process of making moonshine or it being at all dangerous to make your own

you could, in theory, put a bomb inside a hamburger. that doesn't mean there is any danger that if you try to make your own burgers at home you might accidentally blow yourself up - and that therefore we should only be allowed to buy burgers from mcdonalds

the truth is it's safest to make your own burgers, distill your own booze, and grow your own weed

its good that industrial coke dealers like you use such figurative language these days. soothing really.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Cordon bleu posted:

its good that industrial coke dealers like you use such figurative language these days. soothing really.

industrial coke dealer lol

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
my hands are super shaky and i cant roll a proper joint. friends laugh at me. what can i do

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Skilleddk posted:

my hands are super shaky and i cant roll a proper joint. friends laugh at me. what can i do

roll more joints and make 1000 paper cranes then ur wish will come true

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Skilleddk posted:

buy a joint rolling machine

e: also, if you say "you don't have to smoke it if they don't like the way im rolling it" people will stop making fun of you. they'd smoke it even if you duct taped it shut

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Weed is a good anti psychotic if you are a hotheaded person.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Why are you idiots arguing about methanol in the weed thread

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

The Goatfather posted:

Why are you idiots arguing about methanol in the weed thread

We haven't got any weed and have turned on each other in fits of irritability

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
goddamn it's great smoking a bowl and listening to run the jewels

Skilleddk posted:

yeah just get a rolling machine for like $2-5

Used one for a long time and no one ever really talked poo poo on me, esp not when the perfectly rolled J popped out. Looks like a cigarette. They've got the extra long rollers too which are dope.

Smoked one of the long ones in front of a restaurant while waiting for food and people just thought it was a clove cigarette bc people are stupid assholes lmao

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Eazy E is dope as gently caress in 2016 too

quote:

Laid back as I blow a fat sack
Hittin switches for them bitches, hittin corners in a Cadillac
So take a ride on tha ruthless side
with the E to the A-Z-why

could release this poo poo today and it'd be better than 95% of the garbage on the radio

quote:

And it's been like that since I was a BG
"It's the E, " that's what they scream when they see me
Mama said it'd be days like this
Fools screamin that I put em in a twist
Thought you had it bad, is really all good
If the homies only knew in the hood
That you was gettin done like a two dollar hoe
It's just a lil something from the E tah let you know...

quote:

It's still the C-P-T, nuthin more, nuthin less
On a quest to put that bomb in my chest

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

lol :rip: