Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

รขย€ย• Corey Dostoyevsky
i stopped paying attention to the giants game and uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.
I think this is all some grand experiment by someone trying to see if they can make the most miserable team in existence.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Ambassador of Funk posted:

I think this is all some grand experiment by someone trying to see if they can make the most miserable team in existence.

Literally both the best record in baseball before the all-star break and literally the worst record in baseball since the all-star break.

I keep thinking about that one.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Your persona, experiences, triumphs and defeats are nothing but byproducts. The real objective was ensuring that we could generate and manipulate them. It's taken a lot of time and money, but it was well worth it considering the results.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Mister Perky posted:

Literally both the best record in baseball before the all-star break and literally the worst record in baseball since the all-star break.

I keep thinking about that one.

The fact that they're contending makes it sadder.

6 blown saves in a month and it's not even half over. Christ.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Poonerman posted:

i stopped paying attention to the giants game and uh

This is probably the best decision.

Also the Giants need to stop believing in any one person in the 9th no matter how many runs they're up by.

At least until Derek Law is back

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Now, granted, in the big picture this team has provided me with an embarrassment of fan riches and 3 in 5 years and etc. etc. and I made up my mind long ago to basically never speak an ill word about Bochy ever again (and I still won't, it's not really his fault everyone in the bullpen turned back into a pumpkin at once), and I still remember what being a Giants fan felt like prior to 2010. I can still snap myself out of a bad mood back into a good one remembering the giddy glee of any of those World Series wins and reminding myself I live in a continuity where That Really Happened after years of the Giants having the look and feel of Cubs Lite. Now they're Yankees Lite and we are the obnoxiously smug fan base of the team that everybody else is sick of seeing win. I appreciate every moment when I slow down, step back, and remember to think about it. It's fun as hell.

But on the other hand I listened to that top of the 9th and typing things like "AFK Drinking Bleach" because Strickland can throw the ball near 100mph but not anywhere near the strike zone, and the other options manage to be even worse. And that's on the one game per week where they actually kinda hit.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

The fact that they're contending makes it sadder.

6 blown saves in a month and it's not even half over. Christ.

They also bizarrely led baseball in blown saves during the 57-33 first half, too.

I'm not even mad at bringing Okert because Casilla or Romo would've thrown the same meatball and/or Strickland would've just walked enough guys to force in the 6th run anyway.

Okert should get his fair chance to demonstrate he's a gas can too.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Mister Perky posted:

They also bizarrely led baseball in blown saves during the 57-33 first half, too.

I'm not even mad at bringing Okert because Casilla or Romo would've thrown the same meatball and/or Strickland would've just walked enough guys to force in the 6th run anyway.

Okert should get his fair chance to demonstrate he's a gas can too.

Bochy ticked me off by waiting till the last possible second to decide Strickland didn't have it.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

3 in 5.

And here I am wondering whether I should dare to hope four our first playoff appearance in fifteen years.

I don't even dream about having our first franchise world series appearance. I just want playoffs before Felix finishes his decline and we waste the career of another superstar.

I'm sorry you're miserable though.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sorry to sound so morose. This winning streak is great. But do I dare get excited? I know Lucy is just going to yank the football away as soon as I do. I checked the Wild Card standings this morning, now I'm probably doomed.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

MechaFrogzilla posted:

3 in 5.

And here I am wondering whether I should dare to hope four our first playoff appearance in fifteen years.

I don't even dream about having our first franchise world series appearance. I just want playoffs before Felix finishes his decline and we waste the career of another superstar.

I'm sorry you're miserable though.

Sorry, I meant for season performance. The Giants have definitely been blessed this decade, I haven't forgotten that. I'm just commenting on just how unwatchable they are these days. They're a perfect storm of terrible, but in the running so they're failing in games that "matter".

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
This Tampa game seems way early today

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Devon Travis, now there's a guy, that I like.

Black Sabas
Apr 29, 2015

Estrada starts with 5 strikeouts in a row :stare:

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

This Tampa game seems way early today

Jays play in Anaheim tomorrow.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
baseball is awful and i want to die

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
:agreed:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I am a fan of the Chicago Cubs, I hope they win.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
My mood was soured considerably yesterday when, on top of having to work until 10pm cleaning up the messes of fuckups on the other side of the globe, I had to do it while the Cubs flailed meaninglessly for four inning at a pitcher who could not hit the strike zone, and lost because the Cubs are incapable of keeping the Cardinals in the yard for one loving game.

What I'm saying is, please win today Cubs

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Sorry to sound so morose. This winning streak is great. But do I dare get excited? I know Lucy is just going to yank the football away as soon as I do. I checked the Wild Card standings this morning, now I'm probably doomed.

No we are going to the WS, man.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
It took almost two seasons but Marco Estrada has turned back into a pumpkin

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
This Jays team is like watching someone trying and failing to start a car for 3 hours, and not in a hot way.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Every time Len and JD say "[opposing pitcher] is not a big strikeout guy", the AB invariably ends in a strikeout.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
martinez looks like he has all six feet of Bubble Tape in his mouth

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Cubs gonna strike out 27 times today

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
that was really awful.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So it's going to be one of those games, huh?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hahaha that wasn't even close

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Cardinals are very bad at running.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
meat.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Thanks Diaz.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That was such a bad throw and it still wasn't even close

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Lester having the reputation for being bad at holding runners has led to so many caught stealings and pickoffs.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

:siren: A Cub doesn't strike out :siren:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Lester having the reputation for being bad at holding runners has led to so many caught stealings and pickoffs.

I think Lester exposes how risk adverse most MLB teams are to base running. Even with Ross behind the plate guys should be stealing a lot more on Lester. He simply will not throw over no matter how big your lead is. If he does attempt to toss over because you are half way to 2nd then you don't even bother trying to go back to 1st just run to second and you'll likely make it before Rizzo can throw you out. I can't figure out why teams aren't taking massive leads and constantly stealing, it just shows how afraid MLB teams are of the base running game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I assume Miggy will be Lester's personal catcher next season so that should be hilarious.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:siren: A Cub doesn't strike out :siren:

Don't worry, Heyward has your back.

Can't wait for him to be on the post season roster and getting regular starts! :shepface:

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
One hit through 5 innings for the jays. And it was the first batter of the game . 3-8 in September and looking like they're on the way to another loss. They've lost 4 games in the standings to Boston and Baltimore and 4.5 to the Yankees in less than two weeks . Cool!!

E: and donaldson has missed the last 3 games and is going for a hip mri. The starting pitching , really the only thing that kept them in the race all season is starting to fall apart too. I hope they can pull it all together but I wouldn't be surprised with losing the wild card game or even missing the playoffs all together .

LonesomeCrowdedWest fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Sydin posted:

Don't worry, Heyward has your back.

Can't wait for him to be on the post season roster and getting regular starts! :shepface:

Yeah, he's awful.

• Locked thread