Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Looking through my list of charges this week I forgot I drunk purchased the dlc for this

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Update: I did play this game last night. It was good gaming.

Also Twilight Hoth is the worst WA map.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

Update: I did play this game last night. It was good gaming.

Also Twilight Hoth is the worst WA map.

The first time I played that map I thought it was awesome. I still do. Its got a great mix of everything.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Ranking the WA maps:

1. Sullust
2. Tatooine
3. Original Hoth
4. Original Endor
5. Fire Endor
6. Night Hoth
7. The desert one from force awakens
8. Cloud city

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Ranking the WA maps:

1. Sullust
2. Tatooine
3. Original Hoth
4. Original Endor
5. Fire Endor
6. Night Hoth
7. The desert one from force awakens
8. Cloud city

I dunno what it's called but the grayscale empire map is the worse

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Actually, it's

1. Day Hoth
2. What, were you expecting this game to be anything else besides a fantastic Battle of Hoth simulator?

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Actually, it's

1. Day Hoth

edit: never mind

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

1. Day Hoth
2. Sullust
3. Night Hoth
4. Fire Endor
5. Tattooing
6. Jakku
7. OG Endor
8. Bespin

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

1. OG Endor (because speeders are fun).
2. Survivors of Endor
3. Sollust
4. Tattooine
5. Night Hoth
6. Bespin
7. Jakku

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish the Royal Guards had their force pike as a weapon.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Spacebump posted:

I wish the Royal Guards had their force pike as a weapon.

Sorry but that would be way too rad.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Bespin should be free to access for non-purchasers this week until the 18th, so everyone can come have a little piss about on Cloud City.

Also, rumoured that the 20th is the possible release date for Death Star pack.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Lol another free weekend for Bespin? Gotta pad those server numbers somehow.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'll probably forget and keep playing Overwatch.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

I just booted up the game and its told me this weekend will be another hero trial weekend so you can play as all the DLC hero's and bounty hunters villains.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Baka-nin posted:

I just booted up the game and its told me this weekend will be another hero trial weekend so you can play as all the DLC hero's and bounty hunters villains.

I unlocked the Bespin DLC specifically as well for everyone.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Skirmish was fun for like two weeks but it's gets pretty lame not being able to play fighter squadron without getting dog-piled by Ai.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lol played the Bespin DLC and now I understand why people say to just ignore DICE passes.

Who wants content delivered this way? It's terrible. Oh yeah let's homogonize the player count for every single mode and put you on a non-stop tour of the same city. The thing is some of the maps are good, and I would enjoy seeing them in the regular rotation. Like if I'm just playing Supremacy and now in between Sullust and Endor (or whatever) is Cloud City. That would be good. But that doesn't fit with their asinine model. So instead my options are to go across the galaxy seeing a bunch of planets, or to repeat the same planet forever unless I want to be hopping servers all the time. I'm gonna go with "the galaxy" I think. What a poo poo system. The only value is the cards and heroes, which are nice I guess but not worth the price when the maps go to waste lock inside stupid closed systems.

Thanks Cloud City free trial for letting me know I don't need the Season Pass!

Still enjoying the base game.

p.s. Sabotage is bad

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 14, 2016

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I tried to log in an play the Bespin WA map but you can't just queue for that or see it in the normal WA rotation, you have to queue for "bespin maps" even though everything that's not WA is bad and poo poo? I mean I tried to directly queue and at 5:00pm EST on a wednesday there were no players to match with.

I played a round of that, a round of some other dumb mode, and went back to Overwatch. This game sucks and is dead.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
There's totes a sneaky button when you mouseover the brspin button to pick a mode. Except I tried that to get WA there on PC like 20 minutes ago and it finally gave up and put me in a lobby by myself lol.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Otisburg posted:

I tried to log in an play the Bespin WA map but you can't just queue for that or see it in the normal WA rotation, you have to queue for "bespin maps" even though everything that's not WA is bad and poo poo? I mean I tried to directly queue and at 5:00pm EST on a wednesday there were no players to match with.

I played a round of that, a round of some other dumb mode, and went back to Overwatch. This game sucks and is dead.

Highlight the Bespin section and press circle to select modes.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You guys might think that is helpful but the Bespin rotation cycles mode every single map change so really it's not. In fact all it probably means is you will continually search until the one or two lobbies you could have joined cycle to WA by chance anyway.

And then once you are in you get a single round before you are on your way to Sabotage or some dumb crap. You can get the mode you want in the normal playlists, but in the DLC playlists there is no real option other than the main queue.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Unless you're playing on console in which case the "select mode" option actually will drop you into a populated lobby, even in a DLC playlist. Did it last night for Bespin WA.

:)

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Got the deets on DS heroes

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/death-star-hero-dive

Interesting that Bossk will have the first power with no cool down. Also wondering how OP that dioxsys grenade will be.

Can't wait to B-down as Donkey Kong "ground slam" as Chewbacca

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Yeah it's still alive on console, but it's hardly massive. I wish it came with more maps to begin with because I really like the shooter core.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Unless you're playing on console in which case the "select mode" option actually will drop you into a populated lobby, even in a DLC playlist. Did it last night for Bespin WA.

:)

Yeah but what I mean is you won't stay in WA. You'll get one match and then whisked away again. And chain joining-quitting lobbies every match just to keep the mode sounds really lovely as well.

So if his objective is "I want to play WA on Bespin and stay that way" he can't really do it without it being such a huge pain in the rear end that it's not worth it.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 15, 2016

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
This poo poo looks doooooooope!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRtNR_1fMv4

Ignorant Hick
Mar 26, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

p.s. Sabotage is bad

Every Sabotage round is a beautiful clusterfuck and I love it.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Yeah, don't write off Sabotage, once you get used to the maps it's good times. Take over and destroy three objectives with the help of 4 heroes, then switch to the defensive to hold one position on a countdown while under assault by 4 villains. Beautiful clusterfuck is a perfect description, poo poo's bananas at times.

Super hype for Death Star. From the trailer you can see rebel pilot uniforms as an unlock, also Imperial officers with the Death Star helmet. Also, pauldrons of various colours for regular Stormtroopers.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Parkingtigers posted:

Super hype for Death Star. From the trailer you can see rebel pilot uniforms as an unlock, also Imperial officers with the Death Star helmet. Also, pauldrons of various colours for regular Stormtroopers.

These should have been the unlocks from the start instead of out-of-uniform troopers. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I bought this tonight for PlayStation 4. Thank you for reading.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Sabotage on the carbonite map is a complete clusterfuck in the tiny extraction room and is kind of a crapshoot. I really like it on the walker assault map though. It's pretty much perfect.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Has anyone on the PC noticed their frames drop significantly on the bespine map? I can usually pull around 100 on normal maps, but bespine kills that down to around 40 or so.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
uhh I was just playing a game where I died within seconds of spawning 20 times in a row. The drat game won't let me find another game

is this normal now?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Pops Mgee posted:

Sabotage on the carbonite map is a complete clusterfuck in the tiny extraction room and is kind of a crapshoot. I really like it on the walker assault map though. It's pretty much perfect.

It feels best on the WA map purely because it has the transport fly in at the end. You actually have something to fall back to. I love it on the other maps too, but defending a random room until a timer counts down isn't as good as actually having a visible "our ride's here" moment. Loved the transports landing on Extraction maps too, just sells the whole game mode so much more to me.

Two more days to Death Star. Everything about this update sounds so good. Vader's TIE Advanced, The Best bounty hunter, Chewie, playable R2, epic space battle runs to take out a Star Destroyer, the goddamn trench run... I'm basically typing this with my engorged penis right now.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Ew, gross

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I did the Mexican proxy server thing to get the season pass for 16 bucks with the Origin50 code cause I heard they were completely redoing customization and I'm a sucker for Death Star poo poo.

The Bespin stuff is ok, but holy gently caress is it easy to spawn camp in those maps. I couldn't find any games for the 40 player mode on Bespin, are they not fun or is the player pop on PC just dead?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
http://swbstats.com/

Currently online players

PC: 4,026 (24h peak: 4,930)

XBOXONE: 8,861 (24h peak: 20,654)

PS4: 18,949 (24h peak: 30,493)

So yeah PC remains quite dead, though not as dead as Hardline. But it's weird that the large game modes would be first to go. Also no Heroes vs Villains, that was the best mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How come the Bespin map can only be played online? Are there plans to add it to the AI modes?

The Deathstar map comes out on Tuesday and hopefully that will attract more players back to the game.

• Locked thread