Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

QB: Newton
RB: Forte, David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Isaiah Crowell, Matt Jones
WR: Dez Bryant, Stefon Diggs, Marvin Jones, Randall Cobb, Will Fuller, Tyrell Williams, Mike Wallace
TE: Pitta

Question 1: In order of dropping, who do you consider most expendable? Randall Cobb, Matt Jones, Mike Wallace.
Question 2: In order of picking up, who do you consider the best to pick up? Bilal Powell, Terrelle Pryor, Jamison Crowder, Michael Thomas, Cole Beasley, John Brown

Currently leaning towards dropping Randall Cobb for Bilal Powell, but also considering John Brown as a high upside pickup. Thoughts?

If this is 2RB/2WR/1Flex PPR, I would probably drop Wallace for Brown or Crowder and Jones for Bilal. More limited starters means that Wallace and Jones are both likely to stay glued to your bench - might as well take out insurance on Forte given the value there (if Forte gets hurt you want to be starting Bilal over Jones anyways) and swing for the fences with your WR bench spots (e.g. if Floyd misses extended time or something). Note: this is a very specific approach just for your team.

League with more starts gets a little harder to call. Large-start non-ppr I might stand pat or consider swapping Wallace for any of Brown, Pryor, or Crowder (probably in that order).

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JojoTheGoat
Mar 5, 2002
10 person standard scoring. 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex. Offered his Larry Fitz for my Cmike.

For WR I have Dez, Landry, T.Y., Hurns, and Tevin Williams. I'm pretty unexcited about my WR.
For RBs I have Miller, Gurley, Demarco Murray, Cmike, Crowell, McKinnon, and Dwayne Washington.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Standard non-PPR: Would you rather have Asiata or Darkwa right now? (I'm assuming both of them will remain generally available ROS, right?)

EDIT: Actually, I should probably just drop Foster and/or Tate at this point, shouldn't I.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 28, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Nobody can really say whether or not a TE won't hold spot-start value. Everybody outside of Gronk/Olsen/Reed/Kelce/Walker is an absolute crapshoot. Jack Doyle and Cameron Brate are top 10 right now in one of my leagues.

Personally, I'd probably rather have Pitta/Rudolph/Clay of the lesser-owned TEs.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

JojoTheGoat posted:

10 person standard scoring. 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex. Offered his Larry Fitz for my Cmike.

For WR I have Dez, Landry, T.Y., Hurns, and Tevin Williams. I'm pretty unexcited about my WR.
For RBs I have Miller, Gurley, Demarco Murray, Cmike, Crowell, McKinnon, and Dwayne Washington.

I'd accept. You need the WR for byes and are loaded at RBs that you can't start.

quote:

Standard non-PPR: Would you rather have Asiata or Darkwa right now? (I'm assuming both of them will remain generally available ROS, right?)

EDIT: Actually, I should probably just drop Foster and/or Tate at this point, shouldn't I.

Rather have Asiata (ugh), don't drop either of Foster or Tate.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

JojoTheGoat posted:

Your WR aren't terrible, they're just unexciting as you said. I'd rather try and trade Crowell first.

Who is Tevin Williams?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Forever_Peace posted:

If this is 2RB/2WR/1Flex PPR, I would probably drop Wallace for Brown or Crowder and Jones for Bilal. More limited starters means that Wallace and Jones are both likely to stay glued to your bench - might as well take out insurance on Forte given the value there (if Forte gets hurt you want to be starting Bilal over Jones anyways) and swing for the fences with your WR bench spots (e.g. if Floyd misses extended time or something). Note: this is a very specific approach just for your team.

League with more starts gets a little harder to call. Large-start non-ppr I might stand pat or consider swapping Wallace for any of Brown, Pryor, or Crowder (probably in that order).

I should have clarified it's half PPR with 3WR and a flex. Leaning towards dropping Wallace and Cobb for Powell and Brown.

Jones may pick up with more usage. Front office is insanely high on him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Forever_Peace posted:

Rather have Asiata (ugh), don't drop either of Foster or Tate.

Realized I also have Sharpe on that team, should I hold on to him too? Potential replacements would be Darkwa, Pryor, or Crowder.

My roster is thin as hell and I'm 0-3 with this team so I'm really hunting for any type of upside I can here.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 28, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Nobody can really say whether or not a TE won't hold spot-start value. Everybody outside of Gronk/Olsen/Reed/Kelce/Walker is an absolute crapshoot. Jack Doyle and Cameron Brate are top 10 right now in one of my leagues.

Personally, I'd probably rather have Pitta/Rudolph/Clay of the lesser-owned TEs.

Hmm, Clay is out there, but he's against NE this week, seems like a bad matchup.

What's on the waiver, in order by points earned so far this season (I just dropped Gates):

Cameron Brate
Marcedes Lewis
Trey Burton
Larry Donnell
Ryan Griffin
Demetrius Harris
C.J. Uzomah
Richard Rodgers
Antonio Gates
Virgil Green
Austin Hooper
Charles Clay
Lance Kendricks
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Hunter Henry
Vernon Davis
Will Tye
Dion Sims
Brent Celek
Darren Fells
Xavier Grimble
Garrett Celek

It goes down from there. In the past I'd have grabbed Donnell, but he seems to be in a full time-share with Tye. There's a few other names on there but nothing stands out to me as being a definite upgrade on Jordan Cameron @ Cin. Richard Rodgers and Trey Burton are on bye, I've lost faith in Old Man Gates, and I don't see anyone else that really stands out, but then again I don't exactly study the wide world of garbage tight ends. Marcedes Lewis at home vs. IND?

JojoTheGoat
Mar 5, 2002

Forever_Peace posted:

I'd accept. You need the WR for byes and are loaded at RBs that you can't start.

Thanks, that was what I was thinking as well. I think Cmike will likely do really well while Rawls is out (and probably past his return as well) but man I would love to have a WR I could at least feel better about starting.

coronaball posted:

Your WR aren't terrible, they're just unexciting as you said. I'd rather try and trade Crowell first.

Who is Tevin Williams?

Sorry, Tyrell Williams. I tried to offer Crowell first and he only offered Michael Floyd. I also tried Crowell first to a bunch of other people in the league for (at least, what I thought were) reasonable trades but we're all pretty new to fantasy football and everyone is being real shy in trades.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I should have clarified it's half PPR with 3WR and a flex. Leaning towards dropping Wallace and Cobb for Powell and Brown.

Jones may pick up with more usage. Front office is insanely high on him.

Wallace for Brown seems like a solid move if you're high on Jones, but it seems a bit early to cut bait on Cobb.

quote:

Realized I also have Sharpe on that team, should I hold on to him too? Potential replacements would be Darkwa or Pryor.

My roster is thin as hell and I'm 0-3 with this team so I'm really hunting for any type of upside I can here.

If you need a high variance play in standard at WR, I guess Pryor for Sharpe could work. I think Sharpe is more likely to be good but Pryor gets a lot of high-value targets and weird gimmicky stuff that can let him blow up (see: this past week). Darkwa is not really an upside play (see my WW post for my preferred long-term adds).

quote:

Hmm, Clay is out there, but he's against NE this week, seems like a bad matchup.

What's on the waiver, in order by points earned so far this season (I just dropped Gates):

I agree it's a bad matchup for Clay. Sorry, I answered with an "over the next few weeks" frame rather than a "streaming this week only" frame.

Streaming questions are basically sit-start questions - is there a thread for you folks yet this week?

I don't really "do" sit/start recommendations, but it seems like you could do worse than Henry vs NO.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Forever_Peace posted:

Wallace for Brown seems like a solid move if you're high on Jones, but it seems a bit early to cut bait on Cobb.

I like it. Thanks.

The more I think about it the more I think cutting Cobb loose isn't a bad idea. He's basically competing with a resurgent Adams for looks and there's little to suggest he wouldn't be boom/bust.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

I agree it's a bad matchup for Clay. Sorry, I answered with an "over the next few weeks" frame rather than a "streaming this week only" frame.

Streaming questions are basically sit-start questions - is there a thread for you folks yet this week?

I don't really "do" sit/start recommendations, but it seems like you could do worse than Henry vs NO.

Ah that's a good point, yeah. I'll check in with sit/start. I asked here because I sort of see it as a "what to do on Tuesday waivers" rather than "who to start on Sunday" but I suppose the latter begets the former in this case.

Goodtime Pancreas
May 31, 2007
Need some roster advice. 12 team 0.5 ppr nfl.Com

Qb:bortles, brady
Rb: L. Murray, dwill, rawls, langford, forsett
Wr: cooks, arob, diggs, t. Williams, fitzgerald
Te: pitta, barnidge.

Ok my rbs are loving trash, and i was late to the draft so cooks was my 1 round autodraft so im pretty unhappy with this team. Darren sproles is the top rb waiver, worth an add? After him its a steep dropoff to jalen richard, fozzy, cadet, turbin, darkwa etc. Most of the lottery tickets were drafted and are sitting on benches in my league that doesnt seem to like trading. Also crowder, fuller and pryor are on the waiver, worth dropping anyone for them?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hey so uh I'm running some numbers and Trevor Siemian is going to be in an embarrassing number of my DFS lineups this weekend I think.

The Bucs through three games are allowing a 4416/37/5 pace. That's roughly 2014 ARoj.

Edit: outside that matchup those same QBs are on a 4168/18/18 pace. That's roughly 1996 Mark Brunell

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 28, 2016

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Am I stupid for wanting to drop either Bortles or Dalton for someone else? I'd really rather not start streaming QBs but I'm frustrated with mine. Here's the top QBs available:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

TheManWithNoName posted:

Am I stupid for wanting to drop either Bortles or Dalton for someone else? I'd really rather not start streaming QBs but I'm frustrated with mine. Here's the top QBs available:

Yes you're being stupid. Dak is the only person is consider and the Cowboys are rushing Romo back anyway so his value is conditional on Romo staying hurt during one of your starters bye weeks.

Hang in there champ the Jags will fire this coach soon and things will be fine.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is it bad that I could probably get Aaron Rodgers to upgrade from Palmer via trading Coleman....but I think I'd rather keep him cause Rodgers hasn't been Aaron Rodgers in a year and a half?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
idk he looked pretty rodgers the other day

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
this is a fun feature, thanks for sharing whoever first found it (fp?)

Rawls, Russell Wilson, ASJ, Langford
for
Olsen, Cam, Leveon and Zeke :wtc:

Would Rawls for Jordan Howard be too low? I need RB help NOW (started Vereen and CAP last week, relying on whichever of Ajayi/Deandre Washington/Terrance West makes it to me on the WW to replace Vereen), but can't afford to give up the one long-term RB anybody actually wants in a trade (Doug Martin)

I felt so good about DFreeman for Gronk last week, now I don't know wtf I was thinking with my backup RBs

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

should i keep going with barnidge at 1 ppr or go for graham or miller in FA

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My linebackers are Kwon Alexander and KJ Wright. I only have one more waiver add for the week (yeah, yeah). Is it worth it to drop KJ Wright for:

Vontze Burfict
Benardrick McKinney
Jatavis Brown
Craig Robertson
Shane Ray

I'm thinking about rolling with KJ since his Jets matchup is nice. But, if one of those guys are OMGWTFBBQ GRAB THEM NOW, then here I am.

My only worries is that if some freak thing happens to Forte in practice this week, my backup RBs are only Rashad Jennings and Jonathan Stewart (OUT). And if Russell Wilson doesn't play, Wentz is on bye and I'd have to roll with Flacco or Tannehil on the waiver wire. I'm a little uneasy about starting Russell with the circumstances going into this game with his MCL and my thoughts that the Jets are gonna tame Russell's points.

This would be made easier had I not used a pick on Terrelle Pryor....who I'm thinking about starting against Washington OVER (yes, I know) Maclin (PIT) and Brandon Marshall (SEA)..

89 fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Sep 28, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Burfict is a fantasy monster (most pts. per snap played for LBs last year depending on scoring) and definitely an upgrade over Wright, but I would not waste a high waiver claim on him. If that is not an issue then I am making that move. It is not tragic to keep Wright for now as it may take Burfict a week or two to get back to speed, but of the two Burfict is the better fantasy play IMO

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I just picked up KC defense to stream not paying attention that they're in Pittsburgh this week. Roll with that or dump em for Det @ Chi? I don't really care about burning the waiver spot, the cupboard is bare.

KC obviously has more talent and the schedule after the bye isn't bad at all, maybe minus NO, but it's at home.

Should I drop a Kenyon Drake/Alf Morris/Nelson Agholor/Jeremy Langford to roll with 2 defenses for a couple of weeks?

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Sep 28, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Chen Kenichi posted:

Burfict is a fantasy monster (most pts. per snap played for LBs last year depending on scoring) and definitely an upgrade over Wright, but I would not waste a high waiver claim on him. If that is not an issue then I am making that move. It is not tragic to keep Wright for now as it may take Burfict a week or two to get back to speed, but of the two Burfict is the better fantasy play IMO

With my league's scoring, he was just the 45th best LB.

EDIT: He missed 6 games last year. Extrapolating what he did in the games he did play, he would have probably finished as a Top 5 LB.

poo poo. JJ Watt is done right? I finally had him on my team and now his back is dead.

89 fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Sep 28, 2016

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Are the Jets a sneaky play on defense this week. They have a good defensive line on paper and a Wilson is likely playing hurt. Plus they're at home.

Nothing else looks like a great option. I don't think I trust Washington against Cleveland as much as some would tell me to...

My plan to grab Minnesota was foiled by someone using a waiver on a defense.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Is offering my Alshon Jeffery for Doug Martin/Wendell Smallwood an insulting offer in PPR? It's 4 am and I'm half asleep but I just found a team starting John Brown and Kamar Aiken and I just have make some kind of trade offer for Doug Martin.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Finally gave up my #1 waiver spot to pick up Jamison Crowder. Here are my arguments for doing so:

https://streamable.com/hosb

https://streamable.com/y4x4

https://streamable.com/2apy

https://streamable.com/djq7

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Should I burn my number 2 waiver spot on Matt Ryan?

Someone dropped him and I currently have Winston who is serviceable but has a brutal schedule and I am 0-3 despite putting up the 3rd most points in the league so I need to start winning sooner rather than later.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

BigFactory posted:

I just picked up KC defense to stream not paying attention that they're in Pittsburgh this week. Roll with that or dump em for Det @ Chi? I don't really care about burning the waiver spot, the cupboard is bare.

KC obviously has more talent and the schedule after the bye isn't bad at all, maybe minus NO, but it's at home.

Should I drop a Kenyon Drake/Alf Morris/Nelson Agholor/Jeremy Langford to roll with 2 defenses for a couple of weeks?

Not that you can just go by one game, but the Steelers looked sloppy af against the Eagles last week. I don't think the going to have another 3-point game but they're not unbeatable. Then again, Bell is back this week. My worry with Detroit is that they're not a very good defense but then Chicago is a terible offense. I could still them.giving up 20+ points, especially if there's a ton of garbage time, which there easily could be against the Bears bend-then-break defense.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Tiptoes posted:

Is offering my Alshon Jeffery for Doug Martin/Wendell Smallwood an insulting offer in PPR? It's 4 am and I'm half asleep but I just found a team starting John Brown and Kamar Aiken and I just have make some kind of trade offer for Doug Martin.
Hahaha the other guy made me work for it but I just wound up moving Alshon and Tyrell Williams for Doug Martin and Corey Coleman. I have two IR spots to use on them and my WR depth is now ODB, Demaryius Thomas, Michael Thomas, Jamison Crowder. I kinda badly needed an RB2 right now... but it was just too tempting to grab Martin and figure poo poo out until he gets back. Then it's Matt Forte/Doug Martin as my starters and that'll do me some good.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Asiata has more RoS value but I would not drop Foster or Tate for those two.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Who do I drop to take Delanie Walker out of my IR spot?

John Brown? Duke? Ryan Mathews? There's no good answer.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Who do I drop to take Delanie Walker out of my IR spot?

John Brown? Duke? Ryan Mathews? There's no good answer.

Brown, especially in ppr. Your WRs are way better than your RBs.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

With my league's scoring, he was just the 45th best LB.

EDIT: He missed 6 games last year. Extrapolating what he did in the games he did play, he would have probably finished as a Top 5 LB.

poo poo. JJ Watt is done right? I finally had him on my team and now his back is dead.

Sounds like Watt is done for the year, yeah.

BigFactory posted:

Drake is pretty droppable. I'd definitely hold Morris, Agholor seems like a decent stash especially if the wire is bare, and Langford hasn't definitively lost the job yet despite looking poor and being injured so don't drop just yet.

Tiptoes posted:

Hahaha the other guy made me work for it but I just wound up moving Alshon and Tyrell Williams for Doug Martin and Corey Coleman. I have two IR spots to use on them and my WR depth is now ODB, Demaryius Thomas, Michael Thomas, Jamison Crowder. I kinda badly needed an RB2 right now... but it was just too tempting to grab Martin and figure poo poo out until he gets back. Then it's Matt Forte/Doug Martin as my starters and that'll do me some good.

I don't know how I feel about this, but I don't think I like it much. On the one hand, Dougie could come back and be awesome. On the other hand, he's still going to miss at least another couple weeks, and maybe longer if his recovery doesn't go well or he reaggravates it after coming back. Coleman is going to be out another month at least and who knows what situation he's going to return to, with Josh Gordon set to return and Pryor looking possibly decent in the meantime.

Jeffery is at least a fringe WR1 or high end WR2, and has been really productive on limited volume. If that volume ticks up even a little towards closer to what he's seen in his career, he's a solid lock for WR1 production. He averaged 90 yards a game last year and this one so far (on just under 7 targets a game!). I think Tyrell Williams is a bit of an underdog to beat out Benjamin as Rivers' new WR1, but he looks like he'll be a nice NFL WR2 at worst, with enough volume in that offense to be a fantasy WR3. I think Coleman is a clear downgrade from him, even if Coleman weren't our for another 4 games.

Just looks like you've made a really hard road for yourself for the next 4-5 weeks, assuming best case scenario on the recovery times of Martin and Coleman.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Is it time to drop Arian Foster? I need a backup QB and I honestly think other RBs on my bench (Crowell, Jordan Howard) have significantly more upside for the rest of the year than Foster. Am I crazy?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

I would not drop Foster.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Thought we all deserved a CWoke gif.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

I don't know how I feel about this, but I don't think I like it much. On the one hand, Dougie could come back and be awesome. On the other hand, he's still going to miss at least another couple weeks, and maybe longer if his recovery doesn't go well or he reaggravates it after coming back. Coleman is going to be out another month at least and who knows what situation he's going to return to, with Josh Gordon set to return and Pryor looking possibly decent in the meantime.

Jeffery is at least a fringe WR1 or high end WR2, and has been really productive on limited volume. If that volume ticks up even a little towards closer to what he's seen in his career, he's a solid lock for WR1 production. He averaged 90 yards a game last year and this one so far (on just under 7 targets a game!). I think Tyrell Williams is a bit of an underdog to beat out Benjamin as Rivers' new WR1, but he looks like he'll be a nice NFL WR2 at worst, with enough volume in that offense to be a fantasy WR3. I think Coleman is a clear downgrade from him, even if Coleman weren't our for another 4 games.

Just looks like you've made a really hard road for yourself for the next 4-5 weeks, assuming best case scenario on the recovery times of Martin and Coleman.
We'll see but I needed to find a difference-making back for my roster from somewhere and this is a very competitive league so the wire is pretty barren. I wasn't going to find someone as good as Martin there so I figured I can cash in my extra WR chips right now. My top WRs don't have byes for several weeks and extra WRs are easier to find on the wire mid-season. It's a gamble but I also figure this is going to be another frustrating year for Alshon owners. He was clearly less than 100% in the last game and I think the Bears QB play is going to be inconsistent to say the least this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Haha I just realized my work league's waiver setting is "Continual rolling list" and my 0-3, 80 points/week team currently has 9th out of 12 teams thanks to my dropping AP for Whittaker last week :suicide:

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 28, 2016

• Locked thread