Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
It kinda seem like, I can't say nothin to change your minds...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Bird what was the flavor of your ability? Like How did it theoretically work?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Birdstrike posted:

It kinda seem like, I can't say nothin to change your minds...

thats the exact opposite of what is aid

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

although i get that youre scumclaiming instead of playing on

it is honourable how people do that its like all my favourite posters: gulag, flerp, etc

wait a mijnute you didnt do this in soldiers why start now?!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

oh yeah cuz red team is a bunc hof shitheads

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Bird what was the flavor of your ability? Like How did it theoretically work?

Birdstrike posted:

Teodoro... Risolto, Pink Chairman, can investigate party rolls to receive list of 3 players, at least one of whom is scum.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
dongs don't you get to kill max tonight?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

grandi, maybe just assume max and I will protect you moving forward. That work?

Yup, was already making that assumption.

I don't really know what ecco was thinking this game, I can't see how my power is balanced once there is a full claim. I can start confirming people who are scum targets as long as dongs announces his kills after the fact (assuming dongs is town, which is a good assumption in my eyes because otherwise scum would have 2 kills every other night). Or the scum can keep targeting me which, again, with all the cards on the table means I just draw protects.

Unless scum already know my restrictions and know how to set it up for me to fail???

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The other town submitting kills would have claimed already, if there was one.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So I'm comfortable saying dongs is probably town.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
who's you really target last night Grandicap?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

So I'm comfortable saying dongs is probably town.

Unless dongs is scum and an additional kill on top of the scum kill on alternating nights. I don't think this is likely, but theoretically possible. Was it dongs or keane who submitted the 100years kill.?

It was keane, so none of dongs' kill targets (Taste and Max) are confirmed scum. One is confirmed town, but scummy at the time of the kill choice, and the other is unflipped. Super unlikely based on the Taste kill choice, unless he thought he was going to claim it all vig like later? No, I'm pretty comfortable with dongs being town. If dongs is scum, and they get a double kill on a night, is that maybe how they get the kill through on me? Submitting me twice? Hrrrmmmmmmm. No, still pretty comfortable with dongs as town. If I get NK'd I'd look in his direction though.
I mean, I won't look in my direction, because I'd be dead, but you know what I mean.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

who's you really target last night Grandicap?

I got 1 name last night, it was my own name, and I refused to accept the contract.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Grandicap posted:

I got 1 name last night, it was my own name, and I refused to accept the contract.

wuss

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Since it was me and dongs on night 3, I feel like town would have claimed the dongs submission at this point.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

Since it was me and dongs on night 3, I feel like town would have claimed the dongs submission at this point.

You aren't following what I'm saying.
Because I am dumb.
Ok, dongs was the kill choice n3, scum wouldn't want to kill dongs, dongs is super cleared.
My :tinfoil: theory does not hold even the little water I was thinking it held.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
grandi hurry up and vote me I have a post I want to make

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I guess I'm not following. To me, dongs clearly made me the kill choice. If town were the other boss feeding you names, they would have countered by now and we'd have figured this out yesterday. They haven't, so I'm assuming that's because the other person submitting names is scum.

Killing dongs leave you with only one kill option. We obviously don't know how many times you can refuse, but eventually I'm sure you would have to do one.

This setup does seem broken, since somber and I are still alive and can to some extent negate the kills each night that you have to do one, especially with such a small number of players left.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Birdstrike posted:

Making all of scum in the same party would be pretty bad modding.

##vote birb

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i have never played an MGS game btw

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You say that but if there are no investigative roles that can uncover people's party alignment, then it's a moot point. Just claim Fish or Lion, no one can really stop you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, this is an Ecco game, flavor can actually help.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
that's what I loved about my americans setup, flavour could help but not too much and you also didn't know who your allies and enemies were

such a waste

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

baking soda i got baking soda

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

who should i submit to kill and why is it max

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I really don't know why you want me dead so bad, but have at it. I'm protecting Somber again.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

I guess I'm not following. To me, dongs clearly made me the kill choice. If town were the other boss feeding you names, they would have countered by now and we'd have figured this out yesterday. They haven't, so I'm assuming that's because the other person submitting names is scum.

Killing dongs leave you with only one kill option. We obviously don't know how many times you can refuse, but eventually I'm sure you would have to do one.

This setup does seem broken, since somber and I are still alive and can to some extent negate the kills each night that you have to do one, especially with such a small number of players left.

I was saying that if dongs were scum, scum could submit 2 scum that night. But if that were the case, they wouldn't submit his own name. I went down a rabbit hole in my head that didn't need to happen.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the best flavour was JoJo 3, which was also great because I busdrove the NK back into scum who was bulletproof for a reason which escapes me

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the best cover story was when I made scum a baby

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

grandi hurry up and vote me I have a post I want to make

Ok, I guess.
##vote birdstrike
:redhammer:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I already made my post

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i hope we won

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Pink party was finished. From behind the scenes they gutted the entire Senate, but with Birdstrike's execution, all their lies and machinations were exposed. Birdstrike's files damned the entire party: the Pinks released the "leak" that the Fish were Arrentish-backed traitors; they convinced the Lion leaders to conduct lengthy and expensive and time-consuming show trials condemning Fish leaders; they convinced the Fish to use whatever influence they still had in the government (and on the individual sympathetic "Fishy Gulls" in the Senate) to disrupt governmental functions. It's even clear that Birdstrike himself arranged for the murder of Senator Sironetti, hoping to further draw Fish and Lion into their squabbles. Pinks had always been in favor of abolishing the monarchy, but it was always a running gag in the Decapuan political scene. None ever expected Birdstrike's radicalism would go as far as murder.

:s: Birdstrike, Teodoro Deccoro Matteolito de Risolto, Pink Secretary (scum-aligned boss), was executed Day 5. :s:

With Senator de Risolto dead, the Pink party was extinguished, and surely the conflict would now be over at long last. The Senators departed, ready in the morning to vote to end Senatorial martial law, and usher in a new age of healing and unification.

It is now Night 5.
You have 12 hours to submit night actions! :toot:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Come morning, the Senators convened ready to vote to end the conflict. On the rostra, though, was a horrifying sight: Senator d'Omberra had committed suicide during the night. He somehow managed to tie a rope around a rafter above the rostra, looped it around his neck, and kick away a box, slowly strangling himself. His suicide note is a short plea for mercy for his family: he confessed to being a "paid assassin for hire" (sic) who should never have killed fellow Senators to advance his own career. He lists the account of a local bank which he says contains all the profits from his killings for the past five nights of murder, and in the coming days auditors confirm not a coin is missing.

As d'Omberra's body is removed from the rostra, the six surviving Senators vote unanimously to put an end to martial law over themselves - to return normalcy to this august legislative body. Furthermore, they vote that the details of this insulting inquiry be made public. In a joint resolution, Senator Maladapina, new Secretary of the Lion party, stood alongside Secretary de la Riva of the Fishes, urging every citizen in Decapua to remember what happened over these few days.

"Let no one ever question the patriotism of Lion or Fish again: even as we acknowledge our differences, as long as we work together, republicanism on the fair isle of Rene will never die. It may be messy, it may be ugly, it may even be vicious. But it is the price of freedom. Gods bless us, and gods bless the Most Serene Republic of Decapua."

:s: Grandicap, Nero d'Omberra, Independent Contractor (scum-aligned killer), followed orders and died night 5. :s:

ALL SCUM-ALIGNED PLAYERS ARE ELIMINATED

:woop:
THE GAME IS OVER

:911:
THE TOWN HAS WON

:love:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
An Insulting Inquiry

A Game for 15 players

- 4 mafia. GIMMICK: DO NOT KNOW WHO EACH OTHER ARE. CAN ONLY COMMUNICATE PRIVATELY IF RECRUITED INTO THE SAME MASONRY.
--- 1 rolecop, gets full role PM. #3 for the kill. Can choose poisoning or standard nk.
--- 1 "mason" recruiter; recruitment fails on town. #4 for the kill. Only gets standard nk.
--- 1 killer; can perform CONTRACT KILLS, but can only decline all contracts once. Can perform as many kills as CONTRACTS. #1 for the kill, obv. If boss dies, gets to choose assassin or ninja for a side-kill.
--- 1 boss; knows who the other three mafia are. Submits CONTRACT KILLS. #2 for the kill. Only do standard nk.

- 11 town
--- 2 bosses; submit CONTRACT KILLS. Alternates what nights they can submit.
--- 2 weak trackers (only told if targets have a night action)
----- 1 "sane": works as described
----- 1 "naive": told all targets go nowhere. Becomes sane upon sane-tracker's death. Told as such once tapped.
--- 1 doctor
--- 1 bodyguard/backup doctor. Once tapped, player chooses between being a doctor and elite bodyguard.
--- 5 vanillas. Top postcount vanilla becomes Loved upon mafia linkage. (ed: N/A hats died before successfully recruiting)

===========

Player List:

1) Chic Trombone 100YrsofAttitude - Pietra Benedictina Constantina de Legga - Pink Inquisitor (scum-aligned rolecop)
2) The Lord of Hats - Renzia Taretellia Coveltia de Diritta - Pink Deputy (scum-aligned mason recruiter)
3) Grandicap - Nero d'Omberra - Independent Contractor (scum-aligned killer)
4) Birdstrike - Teodoro Deccoro Matteolito de Risolto - Pink Secretary (scum-aligned boss)

5) dongsbot 9000 - Luigi Gramsco de la Riva - Fish Secretary (town-aligned boss)
6) CCKeane - Mario Crispo de la Costa - Lion Secretary (town-aligned boss)
7) kordansk - Fabina Sparvera - Fish Chairwoman (town-aligned tracker)
8) chaoslord - Salvatore Aguila - Gull Chairman (town-aligned tracker)
9) Somberbrero - Benedetto Sciorno de'Amiglio - Fish Chaplain (town-aligned doctor)
10) Max - Lima Ligato - Fish Whip (town-aligned bodyguard)
11) Pinterest Mom - Rafaella Brundi - Lion Senator (town-aligned vanilla)
12) KhyrosFinalCut - Oscar Tupelli - Lion Senator (town-aligned vanilla)
13) Tremendous Taste - Giano Freto de Zugria - Lion Senator (town-aligned vanilla)
14) Atomic Soda - Carla Maladapina - Lion Senator (town-aligned vanilla)
15) BottleKnight Kashuno - Marco dal Falco Amerigio - Lion Senator (town-aligned vanilla)

=============

Day 1:
Town executes kordansk

Night 1:
Birdstrike submits Kashuno
Dongs submits TremTa
Grandi kills TremTa

Hats recruits Somber (FAILS)
100Yrs rolecops Keane
chaos tracks Keane
Somberbrero doctors dongsbot
Max bodyguards Atomic Soda

Day 2:
Town executes Kashuno

Night 2:
Birdstrike submits Keane
Keane submits 100Yrs
Grandi kills them both.

Hats recruits 100Yrs
100Yrs rolecops doesn't matter (ed: also dongsbot)
chaos tracks KFC
Somber doctors someone irrelevant (ed: dongsbot)
Max bodyguards Somber

Day 3:
Town executes Hats

Night 3:
Birdstrike submits dongsbot
dongs submits Max
Grandi kills

chaos tracks AS
Somber doctors Max
Max bodyguards Birdstrike

Day 4:
Town executes Pinterest Mom

Night 4:
Birdstrike submits Grandicap
Grandi kills NO ONE

chaos tracks Max (->Somber)
Somber doctors dongsbot
Max bodyguards Somber

Day 5:
Town executes Birdstrike
Grandi gains independent nightkill

Night 5:
dongs submits Grandicap
Grandicap must accept, welp.

chaos tracks doesn't matter.
Somber doctors someone not Grandicap, game over!
Max bodyguards Somber

GAME OVER

TOWN VICTORY

=============

Role PMs:

Chic Trombone 100YrsofAttitude - Pietra Benedictina Constantina de Legga - Pink Inquisitor (scum-aligned rolecop)
This conflict between the Fishes and the Lions has been perfect for your career goals. As one of the Senate-appointed Inquisitors, ostensibly you're a non-partial judge in the corruption panel, but as a member of the Pink party you've been abusing your power to keep Lion and Fish at war. You even managed to get them to shut down the government until they have finished destroying each other - er, sorry, until "corruption has been rooted out." But something happened, and suddenly one of the Senators has been killed on the rostra. Now the corruption investigation has finished and a murder investigation has started. They're going to go through everyone's records, and upon scrutiny your abuse of the inquisitorial process will not-unfairly condemn you. So be it: if the powers that be have decided to destroy the Senate more directly, you will do what you can to encourage it.
You are a mafioso! You seek the end of republicanism and the restoration of the monarchy, and as such win when only scum-aligned players are alive or nothing can stop the same. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.
However, you're not sure who exactly conducted the murders. You are part of a scumteam, but you do NOT know their identities, and you aren't sure if they know yours either.
Luckily you have a way of finding them. Being a Senate Inquisitor you can conduct your own private investigations to other Senators' identities and activities. During the night you may submit the name of a player in the game (living or dead!), and if successful you will receive that player's entire role PM without any abridging or redaction.
You are a rolecop and you are scum-aligned.

The Lord of Hats - Renzia Taretellia Coveltia de Diritta - Pink Deputy (scum-aligned mason recruiter)
In days of old the island of Rene was ruled by a River King of the Livireen. Things were good back then; there was order, there was authority, culture, respect. Civilization. Decency. Not like the barbaric times in which we currently live. Under this ""republic,"" the island regularly gets picked apart by selfish and arrogant paupers who only want to quickly satisfy their greed and lust at the expense of this beautiful land. All in the name of "freedom." Is not true freedom serving your betters?
That's why you're in the Senate: to bring about, in whatever way you can, the Restoration. You've abused your powers throughout the conflict between Fish and Lion to keep it going as long as possible. As a Senate Deputy, you were in charge of scheduling committee meetings, and you made sure to have them conflict with whichever of the two parties looked to be getting the upper hand that week. Now though there's been a murder and things are getting serious. You're not sure who ordered the kill, but this seems like another opportunity to sow some more conflict and remind the people what "republicanism" really means.

You are a mafioso! You seek the end of republicanism and the restoration of the monarchy, and as such win when only scum-aligned players are alive or nothing can stop the same. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.
However, you're not sure who exactly conducted the murders. You are part of a scumteam, but you do NOT know their identities, and you aren't sure if they know yours either.
You have a way of finding out though. As a Senate Deputy you have the authority to conduct private committee meetings at your discretion. During the night you may request to form a private committee with a player in the game. If that player is part of your scumteam, they will accept your request, and you may then talk to them freely OOT throughout the game. However, if they are NOT part of your scumteam, your recruitment will fail. Note that a failed recruitment will receive the same flavor as if you were roleblocked.
You are a mason recruiter and you are scum-aligned.

Grandicap - Nero d'Omberra - Independent Contractor (scum-aligned killer)
There is an old Metzzi expression: "Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the crossbow." You've never seen the play it's from, but on its face it seems to summarize your attitude toward life. You've been hunting with your balestra since you were a child and as an adult you can end the life of a stag with a bolt through both its eyes from fifty yards away. And you enjoy it so much: the chase, the capture, the satisfaction, the blood. It's something deeply satisfying, and you feel like the modern world, for all its pretentions, ultimately comes down to one question: who's holding the gun.
Coming from a wealthy family you were not destined to be a hunter living in the woods, but a Senator in a luxurious apartment in Busbion. Much to your chagrin. After arriving though and finding the city rife with corruption, greed, decadence, and hatred, you realized something: you wanted to be a hunter but wound up a Senator. And yet, maybe you could be... both.
That was seven years ago. Since secretly advertising your "services," you've been hired to kill sixteen journalists, twelve mistresses, ten urchins, seven maids, three Delegates... and one Senator. That one was a mistake. Now the whole Senate is out for your head, and whoever hired you, too. You keep your crossbow at your ready - you're not about to be prey this day.

You are a mafioso! You win when only scum-aligned players are alive or nothing can stop the same. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.
However you're not sure who exactly ordered the murders, but you're sure you're all in the same boat vis-a-vis this inquisition. You are part of a scumteam, but you do NOT know their identities, and you aren't sure if they know yours either.
As a hired killer, you may receive at night a certain number of CONTRACT KILLS. These are anonymous requests by other players in the game to have their targets eliminated. You may ACCEPT as many contracts as you receive, and you may generally REJECT contracts at your discretion as well. However, you may only reject EVERY contract in a single night ONCE per game. If you receive no contracts, or if you REJECT every contract received, you are not permitted to choose a kill yourself. If you perform one or more CONTRACT KILLS during the night, these kills may be blocked by doctor's protections, and are visible to trackers and watchers as well.
You are a killer and you are scum-aligned.

Birdstrike - Teodoro Deccoro Matteolito de Risolto - Pink Secretary (scum-aligned boss)
Many years ago, Rene was ruled as a colony for the River Kings of the Livireen from across the sea. One family of Kings specifically considered Rene their home: la Famiglia Tartaga. These were times of order and prosperity for the good of the island; the Tartagas, and the nobles under their rule, were all virtuous men of good judgment, proper breeding, pious devotion, and firm authority. Truly it was a golden age: the oceans were bountiful, the farms were lush, and Rene flourished as a beacon of culture and civility in an era of lawlessness and piracy.
It ended when the River Kings were slaughtered by Arrentish whores. Emmanuel Tartaga, the last River King to rule Rene, was dragged from his manor by an angry mob and decapitated. Thus the savage origin for their new nation: Decapua.
You are the Secretary to the Pink party. Your distant ancestors were nobles loyal to the crown, and you continue to support the descendants of the Tartagas however you can. With this recent spat between the Fishes and the Lions, you saw your chance: you arranged for the murder of a Lion party inquisitor, knowing it would be the spark that would ignite the destruction of the entire Parliamentary system. And once republicanism has been thoroughly discredited, the people will demand a return to peace and order at any cost. And thus Rene will be restored anew.

You are the Secretary to the Pink party - the highest ranking monarchist in government. Part of your duties are keeping track of all your party members. As such you know that your scumteam consists of the following players: Chic Trombone, The Lord of Hats, Grandicap, and of course you, Birdstrike. However, you MAY NOT communicate with them OOT. Likewise you are NOT sure if they know you OR your alignment, and it may prove very unwise to hint your status in the thread.
Something may happen that may result in you being able to communicate with the rest of the team at a later date. Until then, no talking!
As a party secretary you know a wide variety of people from many walks of life, including the seedier, criminal elements that are willing to get their hands dirty and keep their mouths shut. During the night you may anonymously submit the name of a player to one of those seedier elements here in this very Senate, forming a CONTRACT KILL; the killer may then perform your kill the same night. The killer may ACCEPT or REJECT your contract. You will not be told which the killer chose. You may submit any living player in the game, and you may submit a name every night. The act of submitting a CONTRACT KILL can be blocked by roleblockers but cannot be tracked or watched.
You are a boss and you are scum-aligned.

dongsbot 9000 - Luigi Gramsco de la Riva - Fish Secretary (town-aligned boss)
Democracy is the lifeblood of this nation. For generations the citizens of the island have fulfilled their civic duty by voting for who among them shall govern on behalf of the nation. And you, as one of those lucky few, have treated your job with the seriousness it deserves. You've spent a lifetime working for Decapua to achieve great things, and your party has rewarded you by declaring you its Secretary in Parliament. You are diligent, prudent, willing to negotiate, but never keeping the good of the people out of your mind.
The same cannot be said of your opponents. The Lions are a party of arrogant populists; they have exhausted the Treasury, driven the nation well into debt to pay for their insane social programs, raised taxes brutalizing the merchants and traders on the island, and their reckless foreign policy threatens Decapua's trade interests throughout the region, which is the only reasonable way to bring the nation back to economic stability. And now they've shut down the government attempting to root out non-existent corruption in your party, hoping to destroy their only opposition through decidedly undemocratic means. Things in the Senate chambers have gotten very tense, and last week a fistfight broke out between two Fish and Lion senators. Still, you hoped you could keep your senators' tempers in control and weather this crisis with dignity.
That changed this morning when a Lion senator, one of your strongest and nastiest opponents, was murdered. You don't know who in your party would do such a thing, but you must do whatever you can to root them out, not just for the sake of your party, but for the sake of justice.

You are a townie! You seek to find and eliminate the murderers in the Senate, and as such win when all scum players have been removed from the game. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.
In addition, though you are an august member of the Senate, that hasn't stopped you from knowing decidedly unseemly people... including an unknown someone who is willing to get their hands dirty and keep their mouths shut. During the night you may anonymously submit the name of a player to one of your criminal contacts, forming a CONTRACT KILL. The killer may then choose to fulfill your contract (i.e. kill your target) the same night. The killer may ACCEPT or REJECT your contract at their leisure. You will not be told which the killer chose. You may submit any living player in the game, but you may only submit a name on odd-numbered nights (night 1, 3, 5, etc.).
You are a boss and you are town-aligned.

CCKeane - Mario Crispo de la Costa - Lion Secretary (town-aligned boss)
Democracy is the lifeblood of this nation. For generations the citizens of the island have fulfilled their civic duty by voting for who among them shall govern on behalf of the nation. And you, as one of those lucky few, have treated your job with the seriousness it deserves. You've spent a lifetime working for Decapua to achieve great things, and your party has rewarded you by declaring you its Secretary in Parliament. You are diligent, prudent, willing to negotiate, but never keeping the good of the people out of your mind.
The same cannot be said of your opponents. The Fish are a party in name only: they represent the interests of wealthy merchants that, if they got their way, would turn the resources and people of this island into their playthings. More seriously, there are legitimate accusations that the Fish party has been coopted by the Empire of Arrentia, which has encroached on Decapua's territory for years. If the party has truly been corrupted, it could even mean treason, as a Fish government could vote to end Decapuan sovereignty and just become another colony ruled by a tyrant queen.
You cannot let that happen. You started corruption proceedings to find any treasonous influences that may lurk within the opposition, and they struck back with such force that they had to be hiding something. Yet, on the eve of one of the most critical hearings in this investigation, your lead Inquisitor was murdered. There are traitors in the Senate who are willing to destroy it to protect their secrets. Luckily, a Lion does not fear the anger of a fish.

You are a townie! You seek to find and eliminate the murderers in the Senate, and as such win when all scum players have been removed from the game. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.
In addition, though you are an august member of the Senate, that hasn't stopped you from knowing decidedly unseemly people... including an unknown someone who is willing to get their hands dirty and keep their mouths shut. During the night you may anonymously submit the name of a player to one of your criminal contacts, forming a CONTRACT KILL. The killer may then choose to fulfill your contract (i.e. kill your target) the same night. The killer may ACCEPT or REJECT your contract at their leisure. You will not be told which the killer chose. You may submit any living player in the game, but you may only submit a name on even-numbered nights (night 2, 4, 6, etc.).
You are a boss and you are town-aligned.

kordansk - Fabina Sparvera - Fish Chairwoman (town-aligned tracker)
chaoslord - Salvatore Aguila - Gull Chairman (town-aligned tracker)
A career in politics can be very trying. First you need to please your constituents enough to have them elect you over the other guys, which can be hard when you live in a district that's reasonably split between every party. You have to know not only the issues, but be able to talk about them such that everyone agrees with you but nobody can tell you've equivocated depending on who's around! But then when you do get into office you have to constantly produce results for your district, something you can point to that says "look, I did this, and if you re-elect me, I'll do it again, too." And it has to be something that everyone likes, which again is next to impossible.
But that's still not impossible. You've been in the Senate now for four election cycles and you have a strong handle on how The Game works. You've seen others' political aspirations and the parties' verbose stars rise and fall, but still you remain. Now the biggest threat to your continued success no longer comes from within your district, but from your fellow Senators - the corruption proceedings have shut down the government, and across the nation everyone is thinking of voting out their incumbents. And now there's been an actual murder! If things don't get back to order soon there'll be more dead bodies piled up on the rostra. And, worst of all, maybe you'll be... out of a job. You've got to do what you can to bring the murderers to justice; maybe it'll keep you in office, too.

You are also Chair of the Senate's scheduling committee. You're a master over where everyone in the Senate goes during sessions. During the night you can read a player in the game's records of movement for the night; if successful you will be told where, if anywhere, they went.
You are a tracker and you are town-aligned.

Somberbrero - Benedetto Sciorno de'Amiglio - Fish Chaplain (town-aligned doctor)
There is a tight balance between religion and state. In a nation like Decapua, there are a wide variety of religious practices, including some who profess no faith whatsovever. However, most people feel that, even if we cannot agree on which diety(ies) are looking over us, if any, we should still solemnify our republican proceedings with prayers at the start and end of every meeting. Even the atheists agree it certainly can't hurt. That's your job: ordinarily you are a Senator representing your district proudly in Parliament, but as a mage trained in white magicks from the finest academy in Arrentia, you've also been tasked with reciting prayers for healing, wisdom, and prudence before and after the Senate meets in its Chambers. The magicks help protect those inside from harm both physical and mental, and are potentially why Decapua has had such social and economic success over the years.
At least until a Senator got stone-cold murdered on the rostra. Now you need to use your training more than ever to protect this august body from danger, and hopefully return peace to these hollowed halls.

You are also a white mage trained in protective and healing magicks. During the night you may approach the office of a player in the game and cast a protective ward over it, protecting its occupant from harm.
You are a doctor and you are town-aligned.

Max - Lima Ligato - Fish Whip (town-aligned bodyguard)
You are loud. You are large. You are clever. These mean you are naturally a very imposing person; even just entering a room, before you even say anything, people feel intimidated, and are willing to do what you say just to keep you placated. So it was natural when you got elected to the Senate that you'd be made your party's whip. Your job is to ensure every one of your Fish companions votes, and more importantly, votes correctly. If someone votes wrongly, well, you haven't had to do anything bad yet, but, you haven't had to - everyone is scared of you enough to fear your unspoken insinuations more than any actual violence.
Speaking of actual violence, someone got murdered last night. The rostra is still stained with their blood, and panic has fallen over the entire Senate. And that's terrible. Now you will use your size and force to find the killers and turn your silent threats into... substantive policy.

Additionally, though you are a Senator, you are actually a very tall and muscular. During the night you can sit watch in front of a player's office and assault anyone who threatens to kill your target. You are unlikely to kill the attacker, and you are certain to die in their place, but at least your target will be protected for another night.
You are a bodyguard and you are town-aligned.

Pinterest Mom - Rafaella Brundi - Lion Senator (town-aligned vanilla)
KhyrosFinalCut - Oscar Tupelli - Lion Senator (town-aligned vanilla)
Tremendous Taste - Giano Freto de Zugria - Lion Senator (town-aligned vanilla)
Atomic Soda - Carla Maladapina - Lion Senator (town-aligned vanilla)
BottleKnight Kashuno - Marco dal Falco Amerigio - Lion Senator (town-aligned vanilla)
The Senate is the most powerful political institution on the island. Through its hallowed halls its members debate the issues affecting this nation, and with those two powerful tools for democracy - negotiation and compromise - the Senate can enact policy, save lives, ensure justice, and bring the blessings of peace and prosperity to all. However, powerful forces within the Senate threaten to corrupt the very foundations of liberty: evidence was presented to Lion leadership that Fish party members have been corrupted by saboteurs and spies paid for by the Empire of Arrentia. In response to corruption inquiries, the Fishes shut down the government. And now, the eve before one of the most crucial hearings in this case, the chief Lion inquisitor was found murdered on the rostra.
The Senate's master-at-arms has declared martial law over the entire building, and authorized mob execution. The traitors in the Senate will be found, and they will be brought to justice.

You have no other exceptional powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
NOTES:

- This game was an adaptation of a previous setup (the Killers of St. Erinyes). The scumteam remained generally the same, but in the first iteration the scum managed to link up entirely by night 3 and steamrolled the town. So in this setup I gave the town a few more power roles thinking it'd balance it out better.

alas!

- I think though the main cause of the scum defeat was their inability to coordinate, not in and of itself town power roles. Had the scum (been able to) communicate, maybe Birdstike would have known not to claim Pink (though I hinted very strongly in his flavor and in the pregame flavor background that that'd probably be a bad idea). Grandicap wouldn't have killed 100yrs and then ruthlessly accidentally bussed Hats. I dunno, maybe even Hats would have played better or something idk I thought he was fine but obviously everyone disagreed :shobon:

- It's a weird setup, I guess.

- idk I had fun

ok woo thank you all for humoring me for another ecco game! woo!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 29, 2016

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mafia: a game pitting an uninformed minority against an uninformed majority.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pinterest Mom posted:

Mafia: a game pitting an uninformed minority against an uninformed majority.

birdstrike knew! he was the informed minority, that makes it count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I thought the others could talk to each other

• Locked thread