Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Someone on my Facebook genuinely shared the cyber humans video

Why are you friends with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Lockback posted:

If you're my age, your Facebook newsfeed is 99% people you went to high school with and haven't talked to since

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lockback posted:

She's never outwardly expressed any kind of Whitlockish opinions and doesn't even like sports. Mostly she just posts dumb nerd poo poo and archaeology memes.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Henchman of Santa posted:

archaeology memes.

This is a thing?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ChickenMedium posted:

This is a thing?
You can make a meme out pretty much everything now. We are in the glorious future our forefathers wrote about.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ChickenMedium posted:

This is a thing?
Can you dig it?

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

ChickenMedium posted:

This is a thing?

type anything into google followed by "meme" and you will get hundreds of thousands of hits.

http://i.imgur.com/g9po7E9.jpg

I dunno.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

For gently caress's sake there's literally a "Dice Shaming" website dedicated to people making memes out of their bad d20 rolls in Dungeons & Dragons.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Badfinger posted:

type anything into google followed by "meme" and you will get hundreds of thousands of hits.

http://i.imgur.com/g9po7E9.jpg

I dunno.

alright historians have the most 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 memes

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The most scorching golf take of all time
https://twitter.com/ryanlavnergc/status/781115022927769600

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo that's amazing

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I am not 75 years old so I don't actually watch golf but I assume he is correct

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

He is but it's really rich when Europeans or Canadians try to pretend there aren't boorish, racist fans in their countries either

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

I am not 75 years old so I don't actually watch golf but I assume he is correct

Yeah he's not wrong that drunks shouting "Babba booey!" and "GET INNA HOOOLE" after every drat shot get really annoying really fast.

He's mostly taking the piss though, he was drunk as hell and tweeting all sorts of great poo poo when his brother won the Masters this year.

https://twitter.com/P_J_Willett/status/719286206153011200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

DJExile fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 28, 2016

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
A British guy would definitely be the person to know about drunk and obnoxiously stupid sports fans, so I'll trust his judgment on this one

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

So ESPN started an analytics section today

http://www.espn.com/analytics/

Obviously there's a lot of QBR

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

My favorite part is the implicit admission that Americans have better teeth than Europeans.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Brit hates dentists. Big shocker there.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Some of the comments on that article are :stare:

Of course someone pulled out the "You Brits would be speaking German if not for us HURRRRR" and some Brit responded with "Well if it wasn't for us you Americans would still be savages who live in teepees and hunt buffalo for survival".

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
tipis are pretty badass and Bill Walton has one so I think I'd be okay with that

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Crazy Ted posted:

some Brit responded with "Well if it wasn't for us you Americans would still be savages who live in teepees and hunt buffalo for survival".

I don't know if this is more or less wrong than the time someone said to me "Germans aren't white."

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"Dentists' Big Game Hunt Society" is a pretty useful shorthand for that type of person, good take

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
My ESPN radio app has suddenly begun to give me push notifications that there are new Grantland podcasts. Anyone else or is my phone haunted?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

Of course someone pulled out the "You Brits would be speaking German if not for us HURRRRR"

It's good to know that one of the few things that *is* actually covered in American History classes still isn't really covered that well

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Unable to soundly defeat Germany without American backing in WW1, the stalemate drags on in the trenches until a negotiated peace is signed. The Allies, in a weaker position, are unable to bury Germany with brutal reparations and blame, and this leads to a lasting peace.

But no. American troops blast through and Germany is forced to the peace table on their knees. Somewhere, Adolf Hitler is filled with rage

America=Hitler

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

IMB posted:

My ESPN radio app has suddenly begun to give me push notifications that there are new Grantland podcasts. Anyone else or is my phone haunted?

Is it for the Zach Lowe show? They may have just never switched the feed

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Unable to soundly defeat Germany without American backing in WW1, the stalemate drags on in the trenches until a negotiated peace is signed. The Allies, in a weaker position, are unable to bury Germany with brutal reparations and blame, and this leads to a lasting peace.

But no. American troops blast through and Germany is forced to the peace table on their knees. Somewhere, Adolf Hitler is filled with rage

America=Hitler

American exceptionalism means this possibly true fact caused my head to explode.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

milk milk lemonade posted:

American exceptionalism means this possibly true fact caused my head to explode.

We even create the best foreign dictators! EXCEPTIONALISM INTACT.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Marquis de Pyro posted:

America=Hitler

It's not that we went too far, it's that we didn't go far enough imo.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ElwoodCuse posted:

It's good to know that one of the few things that *is* actually covered in American History classes still isn't really covered that well

The only reason I ever found out and then learned more about Finland fighting Russia was from listening to metal in HS.

It really does teach basically "a war started, then America joined and ended it."

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

General Dog posted:

It's not that we went too far, it's that we didn't go far enough imo.
It's kind of like how General MacArthur wanted to nuke China off the face of the map in order to tell the Commies to slow their roll.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fansided is executing a laughably bad PR stunt, summed up as:

AA posted:

1) Former adult film actress Mia Khalifa is now writing for FanSided.
2) Today she engaged in a Twitter War with a FanSided colleague who claims to have 54 years of sportswriting experience with no trace of his actual existence anywhere outside FanSided.
3) FanSided insists this is all legitimate and not some kind of weird attempt at parody.

The whole thing is worth a read. Someone there honestly thought this was a good idea.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Update on this: Danny Willett has been dropped from the Friday foursomes and apparently Darren Clarke forced Danny to personally go and apologize to the entire American team for Peter's article.

The Willett Family Christmas is about to get 400% more awkward!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Golf is strange.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crazy Ted posted:

Update on this: Danny Willett has been dropped from the Friday foursomes and apparently Darren Clarke forced Danny to personally go and apologize to the entire American team for Peter's article.

The Willett Family Christmas is about to get 400% more awkward!

this seems very dumb

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Good on Molly Qerim for telling Max Kellerman to pump the drat brakes before telling women it was their fault for getting raped

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I've had a stupid celeb crush on Max Kellerman since I was 11 years old and I'm super glad he backed off from the horrible road he was about to go down.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SI has details on this sorta-merger thing with Fox Sports

quote:

To be clear, this is a partnership between two digital properties and not a television one. There are no plans for, say, a Richard Deitsch-Clay Travis talk show, but we will bring together top talent for digital collaborations around Fox’s biggest TV events. Tomorrow, for example, Tom Verducci and Ken Rosenthal will preview the MLB playoffs in a special live MLB postseason edition of SI Now (Airing at 1 p.m. ET on SI.com). It won’t be the last conversation between arguably baseball’s most two connected voices, as Verducci and Rosenthal—friends for more than two decades—will be manning opposite dugouts as reporters for the NLCS and World Series. Beginning with the NLCS, which will be carried by Fox/FS1, Verducci and Rosenthal will be part of a Fox/SI co-produced pre- pregame show that will be hosted by Kevin Burkhardt. On Friday, SI’s Andy Staples join Joel Klatt’s college football live show from the grounds of the Texas State Fair in Dallas, previewing the Red River Rivalry and all of college football’s big Saturday games. The show will be streamed on Facebook, and will also feature former Texas and Oklahoma greats Vince Young and Brian Bosworth.

well thank gently caress for that

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's a joke. Diestch (justifiably) hates Travis and trashes him all the time (or at least did pre-merger)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

It's a joke. Diestch (justifiably) hates Travis and trashes him all the time.

Ah, fair enough then.