Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Did you use the app to buy? The app offered me Apple Upgrade, Apple installments (no upgrade) and ATT Next as options right after picking the phone. If you didn't scroll down you might have only seen the Apple option.

Also, Jet Lag pays off... I got up early and was able to reserve a phone for pickup today. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

No I went online and used the link. Didn't see any options at all.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ok then I guess you will be able to pick at the store.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
WTF let's trace my iphone
code:
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 	09/23/2016 	1:55 P.M. 	Arrival Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 	09/23/2016 	11:00 A.M. 	Departure Scan
	09/23/2016 	5:55 A.M. 	Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery.
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 	09/21/2016 	8:01 P.M. 	Arrival Scan
ZhengZhou, China 	09/21/2016 	4:36 P.M. 	Departure Scan
	09/21/2016 	4:04 P.M. 	Your package is in transit. We're updating plans to schedule your delivery. / The package will be forwarded to a UPS facility in the destination city.
	09/21/2016 	2:43 P.M. 	Your package is in transit. We're updating plans to schedule your delivery.
	09/19/2016 	1:15 P.M. 	A delivery change for this package is in progress. / The receiver arranged to pick up the package at a UPS facility.
ZhengZhou, China 	09/19/2016 	11:30 P.M. 	Arrival Scan
	09/19/2016 	10:57 P.M. 	Departure Scan
	09/19/2016 	6:52 P.M. 	Location Scan
	09/19/2016 	4:27 P.M. 	Origin Scan
China 	09/19/2016 	10:17 A.M. 	Order Processed: Ready for UPS 

I do not understand the ways of the inscrutable oriental.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
How does the apple stocking system even work? Using istocknow and the apple website shows that they add stock at really arbitrary times of the day. Do they just get a bunch of stock delivered in the morning and trickle it out over the course of the day?

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Linx posted:

How does the apple stocking system even work? Using istocknow and the apple website shows that they add stock at really arbitrary times of the day. Do they just get a bunch of stock delivered in the morning and trickle it out over the course of the day?

I would guess they put all their stock up in the morning, and any stock you see after that is from people who don't show up or aren't able to purchase.

Also it's possible they get more than one shipment a day?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I can get a rose gold right now :v:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Any ideas on how long apple will hold your reserved device? I can't get to the store until tomorrow or Sunday for my wife's watch.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Reserved an iPhone. Apple Store Columbia let me use Next instead of the iUP. Good day.

See ya guys.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bum the Sad posted:

WTF let's trace my iphone
code:
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 	09/23/2016 	1:55 P.M. 	Arrival Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 	09/23/2016 	11:00 A.M. 	Departure Scan
	09/23/2016 	5:55 A.M. 	Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery.
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 	09/21/2016 	8:01 P.M. 	Arrival Scan
ZhengZhou, China 	09/21/2016 	4:36 P.M. 	Departure Scan
	09/21/2016 	4:04 P.M. 	Your package is in transit. We're updating plans to schedule your delivery. / The package will be forwarded to a UPS facility in the destination city.
	09/21/2016 	2:43 P.M. 	Your package is in transit. We're updating plans to schedule your delivery.
	09/19/2016 	1:15 P.M. 	A delivery change for this package is in progress. / The receiver arranged to pick up the package at a UPS facility.
ZhengZhou, China 	09/19/2016 	11:30 P.M. 	Arrival Scan
	09/19/2016 	10:57 P.M. 	Departure Scan
	09/19/2016 	6:52 P.M. 	Location Scan
	09/19/2016 	4:27 P.M. 	Origin Scan
China 	09/19/2016 	10:17 A.M. 	Order Processed: Ready for UPS 

I do not understand the ways of the inscrutable oriental.

Shipping is all about logistics, they probably had more open space an a flight from Incheon and Hong Kong and then to the US than they had on a direct flight to the US from Incheon. This isn't like your local package delivery, UPS operates frequent and regularly scheduled cargo flights between all of the major cities in the world, the cost of sticking it on a plane that makes an extra stop is marginal compared to sticking a crate that someone is paying a shitload of money to overnight across the world.

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com
Anyone else get the text from AT&T saying their phone was on the way, when it reality your ship date hasn't changed? I got another text a few days later saying "oh, yeah, that phone really isn't on it's way yet, but hey, trade in your old phone for account credit!"

loving AT&T.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Three Olives posted:

Shipping is all about logistics, they probably had more open space an a flight from Incheon and Hong Kong and then to the US than they had on a direct flight to the US from Incheon. This isn't like your local package delivery, UPS operates frequent and regularly scheduled cargo flights between all of the major cities in the world, the cost of sticking it on a plane that makes an extra stop is marginal compared to sticking a crate that someone is paying a shitload of money to overnight across the world.

Yeah, I didn't think that shipping is about logistics and also the compound wisdom if machine learning that equates 5000 man-years and is not even graspable by mere humans is in the fact that a delivery bounces through 35 places and then ends up being in a "Sorry we can't give you an estimate, also mechanical failure, oh and also inclement weather at 70 degrees and fair" state. FedEx never had this, ever, but they're using the WRONG algorithm. It would have gotten delivered, but in the WRONG way! Because it's not this sophisticated!

All joking aside, I got the iPhone a day later, and yesterday I was busy doing different things anyway. So its all good, I understand what you mean, but it comes across as being a little to respectful of their BS.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
My October 5-12 jet black 7+ 128 just changed from processing to preparing, so some of you may see movement.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

My November 2nd is still processing. :(

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Piquai Souban posted:

My October 5-12 jet black 7+ 128 just changed from processing to preparing, so some of you may see movement.

What vendor?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

skooma512 posted:

What vendor?

Apple Canada.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Piquai Souban posted:

My October 5 Jet Black 7 128 just shipped from Verizon.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Still sitting at processing but I got an auth for the first month's payment and MY delivers by date jumped up by 2 days so I am thinking it is about to ship. Kinda glad it didn't ship earlier since we have been at the hospital with the new baby but are coming home tomorrow.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Verizon people may want to check their ship dates. my 7+ jet black 128 was due to ship 11/06 but got updated to 10/12.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Still 11/2, but you are giving me hope.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Taima posted:

Verizon people may want to check their ship dates. my 7+ jet black 128 was due to ship 11/06 but got updated to 10/12.

Mine was already 10/12, but it's nice to see some movement.

Maybe they'll bump mine up too eventually :getin:

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

At this point, I don't know why people aren't canceling and just reserving at their local Apple Store.

e: Actually, if they're not cool and won't let you use your carrier financing or far away, I get it

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

LODGE NORTH posted:

At this point, I don't know why people aren't canceling and just reserving at their local Apple Store.

e: Actually, if they're not cool and won't let you use your carrier financing or far away, I get it

No store within 200 miles has a 128 7+?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Snowmankilla posted:

No store within 200 miles has a 128 7+?

Pretty much. Also I'm not staying up to make a phone when shipping says it's 9 days away. I'll live.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

or far away, I get it

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I guess the secret is to post chill things about your preorder because my morning after order of Oct 10th just shipped.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

I guess the secret is to post chill things about your preorder because my morning after order of Oct 10th just shipped.

Well I went into full rage mode about availability and backorders on the watch on twitter and then my watch shipped an hour later so I guess it works both ways.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
I got a shipping notification for my 256GB Gold 7+, and it blows my mind that it's only taking slightly more than 24 hours to get from the factory to my front door on the east coast of the US.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Martytoof posted:

Well I went into full rage mode about availability and backorders on the watch on twitter and then my watch shipped an hour later so I guess it works both ways.

Must be different for the watch.

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com

skooma512 posted:

Mine was already 10/12, but it's nice to see some movement.

Maybe they'll bump mine up too eventually :getin:

My date for the flat black is 10/20... Maybe they will bump mine up too?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Join the masses and cancel that poo poo and go pick it up in store it's what I did and I couldn't be happier!!!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

lol what carrier financing? They don't do that poo poo anymore. I don't even know why Apple needed all my Verizon info to even try to take my order or what upgrade eligibility has to do with anything in a world of full price phones.

Should go: I want a CDMA phone. Don't have it now? Ok give me a date when I can pick it up.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

skooma512 posted:

lol what carrier financing? They don't do that poo poo anymore.
The $650 trade-in credit I got for a 2-year-old phone and $400 trade-in credit I got on two 4-year-old phones disagree with you. I think it's dumb too and would rather pay for my phones in full right now, but if Verizon's going to require me to use their interest-free financing in order to get absurd trade-in credits, I'll play ball.

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 30, 2016

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

skooma512 posted:

lol what carrier financing? They don't do that poo poo anymore. I don't even know why Apple needed all my Verizon info to even try to take my order or what upgrade eligibility has to do with anything in a world of full price phones.

Should go: I want a CDMA phone. Don't have it now? Ok give me a date when I can pick it up.

AT&T Next, Verizon Edge, and T-Mobile JUMP. they don't do JUMP in store but they definitely still do the other two.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

If I missed delivery, should I be expecting a retry tomorrow? Deliveries is saying Monday but I'm not seeing that on the UPS site anywhere. P sure UPS delivers on saturdays.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

If I missed delivery, should I be expecting a retry tomorrow? Deliveries is saying Monday but I'm not seeing that on the UPS site anywhere. P sure UPS delivers on saturdays.

Only if you specifically paid for Saturday deliver.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

Do you have a car? Just call them and go pick it up at the warehouse. Tonight.

Otherwise UPS will retry on the next business day IIRC. Didn't even know weekend delivery was a thing, you Americans are spoiled.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Pivo posted:

Otherwise UPS will retry on the next business day IIRC. Didn't even know weekend delivery was a thing, you Americans are spoiled.

USPS will even deliver on sunday! :)

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

mattfl posted:

Only if you specifically paid for Saturday deliver.

And I don't think Apple pays for Sat delivery. Your options are to try and get it tonight or probably wait until Monday. I've been turned away from getting a non-Saturday delivery package on Saturday at the depot before because "it's already packed on the truck for delivery on Monday."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Pivo posted:

Yeah I'll drive over and grab it. I'm spoiled by USPS hence the Saturday question.

• Locked thread