Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
5* WoL on my half pull. :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016
So I hope someone besides me finds this funny- I'm buying up all the event summon tickets because I want Gaff pretty bad. I've gotten 0 gold crystals in the past 25+ single-pulls. Pop the second to last event ticket, gold crystal comes down. Finally, G... a... l? Darn it, it's freaking 4* Galuf!

Victis posted:

Pulled a Delita and now I have to grind out awakening mats and Crush Armor ugh #sixstarproblems

I've got Delita too, and yeah he's pretty good right now and for nostalgia he's really cool, but trust me you really don't need to farm for Crush Armor. It's inferior to using his built-in -Def/Spr moves and the cost in event mats is really steep- almost an entire second set of 6* awakening mats.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Pulled Gaffgarion on my half-off pull this morning. Not bad. Not sure if I'll use him though.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Fenrir posted:

My envy. It burns with the fires of a thousand angry suns.

e: Well gently caress, I had one more friend spot left for you but you're full :P

Speaking of which, if you happen to free up some extra spots, I've got a few left open.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hey Ninja, I just duo-ed the elite dungeon with both our Lightnings. :getin:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The downside of having enough 5* mages for 2 ELT kill squads is that once I finish making Chirijiraden my only 2 real choices to give it to are Firion or Leo because my physical attacker choices suck.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Evil Badman posted:

What's happening when claiming them? If it's not specific, try claming on message at a time?

Selecting Claim All gives an error that not all items could be claimed, and claiming them individually gives the claimed animated, but after exiting the message the item isn't claimed.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Hey Ninja, I just duo-ed the elite dungeon with both our Lightnings. :getin:

Magnificent!

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
So ninja posted I pulled the 6* FFT guy yesterday. Been way too busy farming since I was half ignoring the event till then.....

However, in my farming madness and search for Pink Friends to help me do such I have noticed something. My problem with not being able to go over 105 Friends? Fixed. Hooray! I can have more Friends.

I just cleared out a bunch of space including 5 goons that haven't played for a month. Sorry Goons. 479 292 591. Got Vaan up right now. Won't help you with current event. But if you're sitting around going "I need a friend" you got a friend in me.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
How is Exdeath's Holy a single target spell? It nukes the entire area...

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
Alright, finally my lightning is woke.

Now to figure out how to level her. Is there really an efficient way to use friend summons and feed her?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

NinjaDebugger posted:

Speaking of which, if you happen to free up some extra spots, I've got a few left open.

Hit me with them digits, bro.

Thanks to a friend list with several max 6* Lightnings and her amazing Ice Blitz thing I can now clear ELT, yay

Maybe I'll finally get mine maxed too~!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I am WAY behind on my grinding for the item of the week. But I haven't given my magic users any real love since the beginning. Currently working on maxing out Tellah before I do any more runs of Orbonne Vaults ELT. Pro apparently has at least one bastard resistant to Blizzaga spam though.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I think I have a lot of you on my friend list already but in case I don't, I just bought my last 30 friend slots. 585 922 642 for max Lightning with maneater from diablos.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mylan posted:

I think I have a lot of you on my friend list already but in case I don't, I just bought my last 30 friend slots. 585 922 642 for max Lightning with maneater from diablos.

Your Lightning kicks rear end and helped me clear ELT, thanks bud :)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

... uh. Managed to watch a blue crystal turn gold... and then I got Lani'd.

This game be a harsh mistress when it comes to half-off pulls.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

widespread posted:

... uh. Managed to watch a blue crystal turn gold... and then I got Lani'd.

This game be a harsh mistress when it comes to half-off pulls.
You just reminded me to do my daily

Guess who just got bedile'd :razz:

e: Also, found you Ninja D. Added now.

drat, I gotta kick some loving pubbies or something because my friend list is a disaster right now

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 2, 2016

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Okay p2w talk. Lets say I wanted to dump 50 bucks cause I'm having a lot of fun with this game and actually want to "support" it. Whats my best option here? In other words: Get the bundle chest?

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Fenrir posted:

Your Lightning kicks rear end and helped me clear ELT, thanks bud :)

goons helping goons, thats what it's all about.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Vax posted:

Okay p2w talk. Lets say I wanted to dump 50 bucks cause I'm having a lot of fun with this game and actually want to "support" it. Whats my best option here? In other words: Get the bundle chest?

If you specifically want lapis for 11 pulls, just buy it straight up. You should get more bang for your buck.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Vax posted:

You could get the Amazon underground version and have a discounted chest. Keep in mind the lapis wallet in that version is separate from any other android and iOS versions.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Vax posted:

Bundle chests are usually a good idea. Just make sure you're getting more than your money's worth or at least your money's worth.

For reference, the $25 chest has 50 energy and 4200 lapis worth of things. $48 would get you 8500 lapis worth of stuff plus 100 energy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

tophet posted:

Alright, finally my lightning is woke.

Now to figure out how to level her. Is there really an efficient way to use friend summons and feed her?

Just feed her everything, I guess?

Mylan posted:

goons helping goons, thats what it's all about.

Soon, I can contribute in this way. Just gotta keep going...

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Cartoon Man posted:

If you specifically want lapis for 11 pulls, just buy it straight up. You should get more bang for your buck.

Not true. The bundle in the shop gives 5000 lapis and 7 tickets (effectively 3500 lapis, making it effectively 8500), plus 100 energy for 48 dollars. If you buy it directly it's 8500 lapis for 50 dollars, two dollars more.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Fenrir posted:

drat, I gotta kick some loving pubbies or something because my friend list is a disaster right now

speaking of which, reminder to goons again: Please make sure you have a reference to SA in your name or profile message so we can tell if your a pubbie or not. I'll accept any goon no matter how terrible your shared unit is, but randoms with lovely characters get the boot.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

Not true. The bundle in the shop gives 5000 lapis and 7 tickets (effectively 3500 lapis, making it effectively 8500), plus 100 energy for 48 dollars. If you buy it directly it's 8500 lapis for 50 dollars, two dollars more.

Yeah, your right. I forgot the bundles changed with the new month.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mylan posted:

speaking of which, reminder to goons again: Please make sure you have a reference to SA in your name or profile message so we can tell if your a pubbie or not. I'll accept any goon no matter how terrible your shared unit is, but randoms with lovely characters get the boot.

I almost want to make Lani my friend unit. But I still have Exdeath. Which is at 846.222.577.

I really want more magic.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeah, your right. I forgot the bundles changed with the new month.

Yeah from what I remember the 75 dollar bundle actually gave you way more pulls than buying lapis directly, though of course the old 48 dollar bundle was a massive ripoff that only gave 5k lapis and one summon ticket (plus energy/keys/Star Quartz but those are pretty inconsequential).

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
I just thought about it and maybe I'll just wait until the next OP banner appears because what I've seen from Gumi so far is that they are really clever with bundle/banner placement. So I'm thinking if by that time I still like it I will whale a bit. Thanks for your oppinions anyway guys.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Vax posted:

I just thought about it and maybe I'll just wait until the next OP banner appears because what I've seen from Gumi so far is that they are really clever with bundle/banner placement. So I'm thinking if by that time I still like it I will whale a bit. Thanks for your oppinions anyway guys.

Just remember that the rates for getting the big pull are loving abysmal. Like holy poo poo.

Just click 10+1 and count how many times you do. I got to 24 before getting a Lightning. And that was with other 5*s like WoL and Medius showing up earlier.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Vax posted:

Yeah, this banner kind of sucks. You want a banner that has 3* that are good because those are the ones you'd actually get.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Dana Crysalis posted:

Man, if you can afford to take a lowbie into the Elite fight, it's silly good for XP. I brought a 4* Exdeath in at like L30, and was just able to Awaken him. Did one Exploration Advanced with just him and a friend character (Thanks Fiss!) to power him to L25, and now back to Elite grinding for a level almost every run.

I've been doing the same thing. So far I've gotten another kefka up to 5* level 50. It also helps that the kefka I'm sharing has doublecast so it's like I have an extra 340+ mag kefka.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
796 080 166 , 6 star Lightning, Not the best one out there, unlike the ones I've seen on my friend list. No excalibur, sakurafubuki, blade mastery, atk 20% materia

but dammit she can get the job done.

I can safely bring 2 units to level up while doing ELT with her

I will delete some China and whatever else to make room for goons. 110/130 at the moment.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Pulled a Vaan from my 1/2 pull today! Hello full break!

Now I need some advice regarding team comp. I'm running 5* CoD, 4* Bartz, 5* Kefka x 2, and 4* Lenna

I also pulled another CoD while going for Lightning. My question is Should I throw the CoD in there to replace bartz? I'm worried that the lack of gear for CoD will only be made worse with two to gear. Do I stick with Bartz or replace him with that Vaan maybe?

Any thoughts?

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Got a Luna from the daily pull. :negative: My first one strangely.
Hoping I get lucky with something cool soon, haven't gotten anything nice in ages. Reeeeally want Gaffgarion and Delita. :(

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

MrLonghair posted:

I got hit by random chain-screwery on my last elite attempt again and I'll just run ADV dungeons instead. I get to kit out espers and get a realistic sane shot at making 8000 stones to get a *6 done in the future.

And after making the Kefka my main my slots filled up with randoms in days, handfuls of Chinese Korea and Japanese ones outta nowhere too.

yeah i get 5-10 friend requests a day from japanese players for some reason

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

yeah i get 5-10 friend requests a day from japanese players for some reason

Ever since I six stared my Lightning, I get 5-10 an hour. Majority being China, Korea, Reddit, or those weird Travalions people, whatever the hell that means. I've still got a few slots left for goons though. 328/351/909

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
What is a Travalion and why do they need to assemble? Are they The Avengers but from France or another French-speaking country?

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
You guys with level 100 lightnings, how did you level her up? I don't mind recharging some energy in the exp vortex or something, I just wonder if there's a better way, seems like it'll take forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

tophet posted:

You guys with level 100 lightnings, how did you level her up? I don't mind recharging some energy in the exp vortex or something, I just wonder if there's a better way, seems like it'll take forever.
Stashed 50 gigantaurs from last weeks maze event in anticipation.

• Locked thread