Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Hello I am sorry that I have not been in the thread. I wound up away for the weekend visiting family, and on Monday my cat was sick (he is still unwell :(). Anything that I need to be on the lookout for as I catch up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

BottleKnight posted:

I agree that Cpig has done nothing, that's just sort of... normal for him! Stubbornly voting me for like 3 days without actually replying to posts about why not to lynch me, just saying his own reasoning over and over again, was something I found very classic Cpig.

Oh. This is where the lack of a meta-game probably fucks me.

I don't really have much else to say. Again, CCKeane made his case against me, and honestly most of his points are fair. I have said a lot without making proclamations or commitments, but that's because I think being overconfident is typically unhelpful. My lynching is a solid example of this. CCKeane makes his case confidently and doesn't use any conditional statements, and obviously, it works. Unfortunately, it's going to lead to another Town lynch.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Aggro posted:

With two people in a Masonry, a claimed 3P survivor, myself, and PMush who I feel pretty confidently is Town at this point, that leaves 6 people who could be scum. One of them is Lord of Hats, who hasn't posted in almost a week, so, nix that.

My best guess at this point is CPig.

He was incredibly quick to believe Ecco and throw a vote onto Krell day #1 (as in, within 2 minutes). He then unvoted hastily and finished the day without a vote.

Since then, he has done literally nothing but push for the lynch of BottleKnight, vehemently arguing that a third party is against the Town's interests. He has acknowledged that we would have to lynch him twice in order to remove him from the game, but he's kept his vote. This seems like the easiest way for a scum player to lay low and ensure that his vote is never against a Town player. Further, he hasn't given any input on any of today's developments.

##vote CapitalistPig

You are trying to use his joke phase vote against him. CPig isn't wrong in that a 3p survivor is bad for town and the only reason I haven't advocated lynching him is because everyone else believes what BK claimed....so your case on him is what..he hasn't hunted scum? I'm sure he is unique in that aspect.

I think CPig putting himself out there pushing an unpopular lynch against BK is not something a scum would do. It seems like something a town would do.

Unlike your weak case against him, which I find scummy.

##vote Aggro

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Well, at least y'all will actually have some information to work with tomorrow.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Aggro posted:

Well, at least y'all will actually have some information to work with tomorrow.

You want to claim some poo poo before you get hammered?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

I can prevent all actions from happening for one night.

I haven't used the power yet since it gives us less information. I could use it tonight to prevent a death, but we'd lose any tracking information or mason recruitment. I was hoping to save it for when the town was smaller.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Aggro posted:

I can prevent all actions from happening for one night.

I haven't used the power yet since it gives us less information. I could use it tonight to prevent a death, but we'd lose any tracking information or mason recruitment. I was hoping to save it for when the town was smaller.

Lmfao literally one day away from lynch right or lose and they were

"waiting for town to be smaller"

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

mirotrem posted:

I think CPig putting himself out there pushing an unpopular lynch against BK is not something a scum would do. It seems like something a town would do.

Actually, not posting opinions about potential townies and instead 3P hunting is incredibly scummy. Cpig is just lurking and should probably replace out so it's hard to get a real read on him. vOv

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I was thinking the same thing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

When did we get the number of scum?

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Actually, not posting opinions about townies and instead 3P hunting is incredibly scummy. Cpig is just lurking and should probably replace out so it's hard to get a real read on him. vOv

I would lynch you today if other people were on board. So I have a hard time faulting CPig for it. The other parts of his play, I can't defend.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

CCKeane posted:

He did some Jimson math a few pages back.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

mirotrem posted:

I would lynch you today if other people were on board. So I have a hard time faulting CPig for it. The other parts of his play, I can't defend.

Yeah but you're also posting opinions about other people, not just the claimed 3P. Do you see what I mean? I made a pretty clear distinction.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Aggro being sure about the # of scum is what made me wary in the first place. I don't like all the setup spec happening in this game lol. I guess some of it is happening re:claims but still.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

I think the benefit of potentially have another mason, or having the tracker follow scum, is more beneficial than a night of not losing a Town player. Adding a mason is a permanent benefit that can easily swing the game in the Town's favor -- if there are 9 players left and 3 are in the Masonry, the likelihood of lynching scum is high. If the tracker follows scum, that's as good as having a cop.

If I use the power now, yes, it buys us a little more time, but that's it. If I were to use it when there are only 9, or even 7 players, it becomes incredibly helpful because we've maximized the amount of night information we can receive and avoided a kill.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

mirotrem posted:

I just realized your quote in this post caught my ninja. I just want to clarify that I added the word "potential" before townies because I was using the word townies to label everyone that is not the claimed 3P, as I do not want it to be misconstrued as "I know who the townies are b/c I am scum" because that is not the case.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

Aggro being sure about the # of scum is what made me wary in the first place. I don't like all the setup spec happening in this game lol. I guess some of it is happening re:claims but still.

I am not sure about the number of scum. I was speculating, because it is useful to know how much time is left in the game and to make potential connections between players.

Why would scum intentionally give that information away?

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Aggro posted:

I think the benefit of potentially have another mason, or having the tracker follow scum, is more beneficial than a night of not losing a Town player. Adding a mason is a permanent benefit that can easily swing the game in the Town's favor -- if there are 9 players left and 3 are in the Masonry, the likelihood of lynching scum is high. If the tracker follows scum, that's as good as having a cop.

If I use the power now, yes, it buys us a little more time, but that's it. If I were to use it when there are only 9, or even 7 players, it becomes incredibly helpful because we've maximized the amount of night information we can receive and avoided a kill.

If you had used your power, you clear yourself as essentially confirmed town and we don't lose anyone else that night? Your argument isn't making much sense. Not to mention we know scum have a RB of some sort and already blocked the tracker once...so what kind of information were you wanting to get?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Still catching up--is our masonry a confirmed masonry?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Aggro posted:

I also don't think we should lynch BottleKnight today. With 11 players left, I would guess that 3 are scum. This would make the initial set up 3 scum, 1 traitor, and 1 third party, which seems reasonably fair. If we lynch BK, we have a 0% chance of finding scum.

This is the post in question. I have no idea what the problem with this is.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Still catching up--is our masonry a confirmed masonry?

unconfirmed

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

mirotrem posted:

If you had used your power, you clear yourself as essentially confirmed town and we don't lose anyone else that night? Your argument isn't making much sense. Not to mention we know scum have a RB of some sort and already blocked the tracker once...so what kind of information were you wanting to get?

I think the argument makes perfect sense, and you are being obtuse.

Assuming that there's one one roleblocker, he can't block the Masonizer and the Tracker.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Or they could kill one and block the other. gently caress.

I will use the power tonight.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I get that your cover was that you were speculating. I'm not saying you scumslipped. Just that your speculation pinged me, like it was cover for your opinions instead of just posting yoir opinions. It's a means to a hedge.

It in itself wasn't worth a vote but Keane knocked it out of the park in my head with his reasoning.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

CCKeane posted:

For all we know we could be lrol today and not even know it. Thats what's so scary. I'm not faulting them for not using the power (if it exists) the day we lost 3 town. Or the following night. I'm faulting them for using it as an excuse for why we shouldn't lynch them.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

It's a role madness game so I'm not particularly moved by a universal role block.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

For all we know we could be lrol today and not even know it.

Speculating on whether we're at LYSOL is total WAMPUM.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
lol aggro scum.

##vote aggro

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hey, that's a hammer for Aggro!

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

:ghost: I shouldn't have expected any better from the town that voluntarily lynched its cop. Good luck. :ghost:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Somehow, I feel like we might deserve this loss. :ohdear:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Totally bogue dude! Aggro, Vigilante-Aligned Denier, was killed day three!

quote:

You are John Torque, a gambler who drove off to live with your love in Mexico after taking care of OMAR. Good things never last for a gambler though, and when the cash ran dry you decided to join back up with the Vigilantes to take down OMAR once again and collect a hefty reward for it.

You are a Denier. Once per game, you can prevent all night actions from occurring. You are Vigilante aligned and win when all threats to the Vigilantes are eliminated.

Votecount for Day 3

Aggro (6): Krunge, JimsonTheBetrayer, CCKeane, BottleKnight, mirotrem, CapitalistPig
CapitalistPig (1): Aggro
CCKeane (1): Poison Mushroom
mirotrem (0): JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
BottleKnight (0): CapitalistPig, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, CapitalistPig
Poison Mushroom (0): CCKeane, DickBastardly, JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, CCKeane, DickBastardly
The Lord of Hats (0): mirotrem, mirotrem

Not Voting (3): AnonymousNarcotics, DickBastardly, The Lord of Hats

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 04th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 hours, 24 minutes.

Night 3

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Totally bogue dude! CCKeane, Vigilante-Aligned Vigilante, was killed night three!

quote:

You are Convoy, the leader of the Vigilantes. After some crazy adventures, you were finally looking forward to retirement. Work never ends for a cowboy, though, and with OMAR back on the scene it is time to take them all down once and for all.

You are a 2X Vigilante. You may PM me at night with a target to kill. You are Vigilante aligned and win when all threats to the Vigilantes are eliminated.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (9): AnonymousNarcotics, BottleKnight, CapitalistPig, DickBastardly, JimsonTheBetrayer, Krunge, mirotrem, Poison Mushroom, The Lord of Hats

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 06th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm assuming Keane vigged me last night. I'm no longer deathproof.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

If you want to lynch me you can, though the scum will NK someone and town will be just as close to a loss as it was.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

If you want to lynch me you can, though the scum will NK someone and town will be just as close to a loss as it was.

I don't think we should lynch you at all. Right now you might be the only one keeping us alive.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I don't think we should lynch you at all. Right now you might be the only one keeping us alive.

Found the scum. ##vote jimson

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Found the scum. ##vote jimson

Good job finding the scum buddy.

Nothing says scum like the one town player not wanting to rush a vote on the survivor after we are down like 5 people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Good job finding the scum buddy.

Nothing says scum like the one town player not wanting to rush a vote on the survivor after we are down like 5 people.

Again, just like with Aggro, that is not why I am voting you. It is very sensible for both town and scum to leave me alive. But your weird analysis of the game in that post coupled with your bad AR vote and just sort of general lack of content make me believe you are scum.

• Locked thread