Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Puberty Love

The Drink
Vodka Krantt-Berry
1.5 oz vodka
Cranberry juice

Mix ingredients in a tall collins glass full of ice.

The Drinking Game
Drink whenever someone is headbutted or we talk about headbutting

The Episode
Welcome to Tuchanka, the happiest place on earth in the galaxy. We're looking for help with Grunt's problem. Which turns out to be puberty. And OMG IT'S WREX :3:. If things didn't go your way in 1, then it's his brother Wreav. Who still doesn't give a poo poo and lets us do whatever. We blow up some monkeys, feed a fishdog, and get our :rock: on. Along the way we shoot stuff, my game fucks up, and we murder Shai Hulud. Now Grunt is loyal and he gets a new outfit, and presumably his quad dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Wreeeeeex :3:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
So Grunt is Shep's large, angry, drunk teenaged son?

Makes a lot of sense, really.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

grack posted:

So Grunt is Shep's large, angry, drunk teenaged son?

Makes a lot of sense, really.

The son I never had.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Also heavily armed.

Can't forget that.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
:eng101:

Technically everything in space *is* irridiated! However, the amount varies quite a bit. On Earth, the atmosphere/planetary magnetic field deflects most of it. Deep space ships like the Normandy probably store their water supplies in between a double hull to use as a buffer for radiation shielding. There's actually a concentrated layer of radiation above the Earth called the Van Allen belts that's collected by Earth's magnetism (and presumably any other inhabitable planet). The Apollo astronauts had to move through the belts as fast as possible when leaving Earth orbit to minimize their exposure.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
I thought you said you only saw those Plixen things once, but there is a side mission with them (the planet with the greenish atmosphere and lights to guide the way.)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

monster on a stick posted:

I thought you said you only saw those Plixen things once, but there is a side mission with them (the planet with the greenish atmosphere and lights to guide the way.)
Y'know, that's one of those side missions I almost never do. In my dozen + playthroughs I think I've only managed it twice.

Mordin's loyalty is up next, and already recorded. Whose loyalty should we do after that?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Still curious about whatshisname's loyalty mission.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Go on Jason's loyalty mission so we don't have to deal with him ever again.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

this drink choice is quite appropriate for any Canuck watchers (like myself) this weekend because it's our Thanksgiving weekend

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Aces High posted:

this drink choice is quite appropriate for any Canuck watchers (like myself) this weekend because it's our Thanksgiving weekend
Do you guys eat turkey too? Or just 68 different varieties of maple syrup?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

SubponticatePoster posted:

It's probably both, with a side dish of poutine and hockey pucks.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Yes to turkey. As for the maple syrup, at least we have options other than that aunt jemima's crap. Also, ketchup and all-dressed chips.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

in my family there's usually a fair selection of home smoked cheese :3: but yeah turkey and ham are what we usually serve for meat

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next Update's Ingredients
Gin
Lemon juice
Club Soda
Sugar

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

berenzen posted:

Yes to turkey. As for the maple syrup, at least we have options other than that aunt jemima's crap. Also, ketchup and all-dressed chips.

Canada literally has a strategic maple syrup reserve, just fyi here everyone

also trust me, a lot of people in the US know about the good real maple syrup, we just don't want to tell everyone else or they'll buy it all before we can :v:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Doesn't ME3 start in Vancouver?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Torrannor posted:

Doesn't ME3 start in Vancouver?
Yup.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Psion posted:

also trust me, a lot of people in the US know about the good real maple syrup, we just don't want to tell everyone else or they'll buy it all before we can :v:

my maple syrup comes in wine bottle with vintage dates and the like :)

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Psion posted:

Yeah. If the US ever tries to invade, Canada will unleash wave after wave of maple syrup-powered Killbots.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

grack posted:

Yeah. If the US ever tries to invade, Canada will unleash wave after wave of maple syrup-powered Killbots.

I'm thinking a Great Maple Syrup Flood would be more likely. :v:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

zxqv8 posted:

I'm thinking a Great Maple Syrup Flood would be more likely. :v:

Pfft, WMDs are a last resort. We're not monsters.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

UHC Tuchanka style

The Drink
The Ginophage
1.5 oz gin
1 oz lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
Club soda

In a shaker mix gin, juice and sugar. Shake until sugar completely dissolved. Add to collins glass full of ice and top off with club soda.

The Drinking Game
Drink whenever someone says genophage. Hopefully you have a secondary liver!

The Episode
First, a couple of things about this update: I'm sorry about the length of time in between episodes. I'm working a full time job, a part time job, and all of my weekends are full of RL poo poo. That should go away come November (at least the weekends thing) so I can get back on a more regular schedule. Secondly, I got a new wireless headset and thought I'd use that to record commentary with so I didn't have to hunch over my table. Well, turns out it sounds like I'm inside of a shipping container :argh: But I didn't want to put this off any more, so you get me sounding somewhat terrible. I'll go back to my old setup next time.

Wrex welcomes Grunt into Clan Urdnot and everyone talks about how badass we are. Then we take another truck and try to find Mordin's missing colleague from STG. There are lots of angry krogan running around, even more so than usual. They are trying to cure the genophage, rather understandably. And also we yell at Mordin a lot for what he did. Now while salarians aren't always known for their long-term planning he's probably right in this instance. He's also somewhat regretful about the whole thing but honestly believes it was the best thing for everyone, krogan included.

When we finally find Maelon, turns out he wasn't kidnapped at all, but feels way more guilty than Mordin did and tried to fix it, albeit in a very hosed up manner. You can let Mordin blow his head off and then get like 30 renegade points for it. We keep the data because it's a huge factor in 3 and also why wouldn't you because Wrex, you monster.

Next update will be Jason's loyalty.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Oh drat, I don't think I've ever hacked that terminal after the mission ends.

Next update will be Jason's loyalty.

At which point he will be relegated to the armory and not seen again until the final mission.

As it should be.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I forget, can jared be sent through the vents?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Yes, Julius even volunteers for it.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I like how the devs all realized nobody wanted to romance Joey so they made him already have gotten someone else pregnant 6 months after the end of ME2.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Your voice sounds like you're talking through Skype on laptop speakers. :v:

You renegade interrupted the villain's monologue? You rude jerk! :mad:

Poil fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 18, 2016

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Poil posted:

:lol: if you don't always take that specific interrupt, regardless of whether you're playing paragon or renegade, every single time. It's like punching Al-Julani. You just do it.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Poil posted:

I was expecting some audio issues since SP mentioned it in the post but to me it wasn't so much recorded in a shipping container as it was recorded inside a plastic bucket-hat.

Sorry the new equipment didn't work out :sigh:

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

I was trying to think of the best krogan dead baby joke ever, but the salarians beat me to it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

skoolmunkee posted:

I was trying to think of the best krogan dead baby joke ever, but the salarians beat me to it
"And what do you call this act?"

"The Genophage!"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

hard counter posted:

I was expecting some audio issues since SP mentioned it in the post but to me it wasn't so much recorded in a shipping container as it was recorded inside a plastic bucket-hat.

Sorry the new equipment didn't work out :sigh:
It's ok, I just wanted to be extra lazy.

skoolmunkee posted:

:drat:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The "female clans" is always funny because it reminds one how much of ME universe was originally built so that they didn't need to design more than one gender per alien race.

And for some reason I never even knew Fortack existed.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 18, 2016

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Poil posted:

Why would you *not* take that interrupt?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

grack posted:

Why would you *not* take that interrupt?
It's really impolite to interrupt a villain while he is having his evil monologue explaining his scheme and so on. Didn't anyone teach you basic manners? :colbert:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

:lol: if you don't always take that specific interrupt, regardless of whether you're playing paragon or renegade, every single time. It's like punching Al-Julani. You just do it.

The interrupt stays for the entire speech and it's better to let him rant a bit before laying down the smack.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Does this series ever show female krogans walking around? And why does it look like Fortack has tits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

J.theYellow posted:

Does this series ever show female krogans walking around?

In ME3 there's a :black101: cutscene with this.

• Locked thread