Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Scarf posted:

I dunno man. Looked pretty bad

https://vine.co/v/5gFle31EK9m

They showed it from a bunch of angles in the stadium. He hit below the shoulder pad. head bounce was from getting hit on both sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Who closed the GDT? Charlotte @ Florida Atlantic is still going. :qq:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

D.N. Nation posted:

What's good, national CFB writers? Still think Richt has 2016 UGA headed to the playoffs?

no one ever thought this

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Chichevache posted:

Who closed the GDT? Charlotte @ Florida Atlantic is still going. :qq:

There

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

should those of us who will woefully watch the UGA / SCar game post there or here or just suck it up and make pretend our teams aren't playing, because what you might watch could only loosely be defined as football

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

should those of us who will woefully watch the UGA / SCar game post there or here or just suck it up and make pretend our teams aren't playing, because what you might watch could only loosely be defined as football

I would not recommend watching a rock fight between nick saban's idiot children but this is America and if you want to post about it in the gdt that is your right

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

HooverDam posted:

First perfect fall football weekend in Arizona in 2016! Northern Arizona, the Arizona Cardinals and most importantly Arizona State all won and UofA lost - hooray!

Somehow ASU is 5-1 despite having a horrific secondary, lousy offensive line and likely having to start out 4th string QB on the road next week in Boulder. What a crazy season.

The latest news I heard was that Wilkins was likely to start against UCLA, doesn't that mean he will most likely be healthy for CU? Or did he suffer a setback?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Thoguh posted:

Houston still has a shot but they need to beat Louisville handily, have Oklahoma keeps winning, and have nobody escape the Pac without 2 losses.
Nah, it's dead. Probably wasn't happening anyway. The realistic goal was always the Cotton Bowl, and that now requires two losses by Navy and one each by Boise and Western Michigan. Houston absolutely cannot lose again in conference, and that's gonna take a focus that may not be possible anymore with all the questions about the future.

All stuff I knew would happen sooner or later.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Do the polls come out tomorrow?

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

DrunkPanda posted:

The latest news I heard was that Wilkins was likely to start against UCLA, doesn't that mean he will most likely be healthy for CU? Or did he suffer a setback?

He's a maybe for Colorado.

I haven't seen an update on Kareem Orr yet, which is just as scary. He's the one somewhat competent corner we have. He went out hurt last night. The worst pass defense in college football could get even worse.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

PostNouveau posted:

The real victory here is that you're still able to feel pain over losses. UT's become, like, middling-to-lovely for 6 years and losses are starting to just roll off my back like water off a duck. But Iowa State has sucked for, rough estimate here, the entire existence of the program, and you're still like "Aw gently caress we lost!!!" It's impressive.

When wins come so rarely seeing them slip through the team's fingers like this two weeks in a row stings.

Plus I don't know whether this means we're turning the corner or if this is just another glimpse of false hope like so many times before.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
i'm sure in your heart you know the truth thoguh

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Noctone posted:

i'm sure in your heart you know the truth thoguh

:smith:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

Do the polls come out tomorrow?

I think so yeah. Not today at least, they pushed it back for the delayed games.

Did they push any games back all the way to Monday?

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Wrong thread

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

DrunkPanda posted:

Todd Graham is very secretive about injuries, so who knows. Manny wasn't dressed, he was in a boot. If I had to bet right now I'd say its a 60-70% chance ASU starting QB at CU is true freshman/4th stringer Dilling Sterling Cole.

FreakyMetalKid posted:

He's a maybe for Colorado.

I haven't seen an update on Kareem Orr yet, which is just as scary. He's the one somewhat competent corner we have. He went out hurt last night. The worst pass defense in college football could get even worse.

Kareem said on Twitter that he's fine for whatever that is worth.

It did seem like the defense figured some things out last night. Marcus Ball had a huge game at safety. They gave up a few big stupid plays, but not as many as usual. As silly as it sounds Josh Rosen threw for a 'quiet' 400 yards.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

AP poll comes out tomorrow at 12:30 EST.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MorningView, you having some legal issues?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

OMG that lede

quote:

IOWA CITY, Iowa - Fitting tribute to Iowa football or Hawk-eyesore? That's what a judge must decide.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I am rooting so hard for him to win that case.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I thought we agreed that this guy was MourningView.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Pakled posted:

I thought we agreed that this guy was MourningView.

Hahaha

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

MourningView posted:

I am rooting so hard for him to win that case.

:agreed: 💯

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT posted their worst D ever under Foster last year.

This year through 5 games:

#1 pass efficiency D
#2 pass D
#17 rushing D
#3 total D
#10 scoring D
#1 1st down D
#2 3rd down D

The last time VT's D posted a historically bad year(2003, then the worst under Foster), he retooled his approach and VT went 5 or 6 years a row in the top 10. He's so ridiculously good at adapting to the game around him and now he has an O around him that takes advantage of the gifts his D presents. It must feel like a dream to him.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 9, 2016

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/Gayhooters/status/785186270964101120

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Hey so for some reason Texas fans are talking about Tom Herman a lot lately and I've seen it claimed a couple times that ISU fans were less than thrilled with him as OC. What say you, Thoguh, bullshit or troof?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
:woof: nuff said

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Korranus posted:

Nah, it's dead. Probably wasn't happening anyway. The realistic goal was always the Cotton Bowl, and that now requires two losses by Navy and one each by Boise and Western Michigan. Houston absolutely cannot lose again in conference, and that's gonna take a focus that may not be possible anymore with all the questions about the future.

All stuff I knew would happen sooner or later.

I luckily missed watching the game, but yeah this was the worst possible thing to happen. Navy is in full control of the West, and unless they have two bad days we're not even going to make it to the CCG. No playoffs (wasn't gonna happen anyway) and no NY6 bowl - we're going to be relegated to the Weed Eater Bowl, which Herman made fun of last year.

Good thing for him is he won't have to be there, though.

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

HooverDam posted:

Todd Graham is very secretive about injuries, so who knows. Manny wasn't dressed, he was in a boot. If I had to bet right now I'd say its a 60-70% chance ASU starting QB at CU is true freshman/4th stringer Dilling Sterling Cole.

Kareem said on Twitter that he's fine for whatever that is worth.

It did seem like the defense figured some things out last night. Marcus Ball had a huge game at safety. They gave up a few big stupid plays, but not as many as usual. As silly as it sounds Josh Rosen threw for a 'quiet' 400 yards.

Ah, that's good to hear from Kareem. I agree, the defense looked much better. They still get entirely lost and helpless if an opposing player has the ball in space, but more often than not there was a defender near UCLA's receiving targets. That was new.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
They've been putting Fuente's pre-game and post-game speeches from the past two weeks up on Twitter. Here's the UNC one.

https://twitter.com/HokiesFB/status/785266577889497088

It's really easy to see how his time at TCU and Memphis formed that chip on the shoulder attitude and it's done wonders already in Blacksburg.

It's only 5 games but it seems like such a great hire. Like just beyond the winning, he seems to get "it" at VT.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 10, 2016

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thermos H Christ posted:

Hey so for some reason Texas fans are talking about Tom Herman a lot lately and I've seen it claimed a couple times that ISU fans were less than thrilled with him as OC. What say you, Thoguh, bullshit or troof?

Not an ISU fan obviously, but they definitely poo poo on him after he left for the OSU job and laughed at Meyer for hiring him. I think everything he did before and after ISU shows pretty definitively that his performance there says a lot more about ISU than it does about Herman

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Their playcalling was legit bad in the Pinstripe Bowl.

Goddamn does this weekend suck. Rutgers is trying to run a spread option with power I talent and it shows. They've legit decided to punt on the first two years and do a full rebuild, which I'm super sketchy about watching that fail a ton and turn into a death spiral.The defense is just bad as opposed to tire fire, but when the offense can't stay on the field at all that's what happens. The Illinois game next week will destroy the space time continuum.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thermos H Christ posted:

It's true, though as MourningView pointed out in retrospect a lot of the struggles were probably really Rhoads fault. Though that said he still seemed to do a bad job adjusting to a situation where his players weren't generally more talented than the guys on the other side of the line, a situation he hasn't really faced elsewhere and wouldn't face at Texas.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Thermos H Christ posted:

ISU sucks the talent out of everybody not named Troy Davis

Herman also probably learned a few things from Urbz

Why did Davis never make it in the NFL?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Ah yes, the incredible talent advantages at Rice.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 10, 2016

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

ISU sucks the talent out of everybody not named Troy Davis

Herman also probably learned a few things from Urbz

He did. He got drafted by the Saints, he just wasn't very good. He was a great college back but he wasn't an amazing physical talent. He was on the smaller side and didn't have amazing speed. Lots of great college players have disappointing pro careers. He was good in the CFL

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

He had like 400 carries a year in college. Other than wear and tear he was kind of a grinder that could outrun/overpower college guys but couldn't do the same in the pros I think.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia won, Mark Richt lost (on a special teams fuckup to an inferior team on paper, go figure), GT lost, if only Iowa lost and Florida played (and lost) this would be the perfect weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Aaaaand they already reneged on this deal, reposted it with a max discount of 50%. :haw:

• Locked thread