Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i fully respect every poster's inalienable right to melt down after a loss like that, how dare all of you, with your callous lmaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

i fully respect every poster's inalienable right to melt down after a loss like that, how dare all of you, with your callous lmaos

Why can't people just punch drywall anymore

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Who would have home field in each potential alcs?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

Well put.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Walrus posted:

Who would have home field in each potential alcs?

Not Toronto.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Dude, it was an amazing season. This isn't the first nor the last time a best League record going into the playoffs got trucked by the Wild Card team and it won't be the last. Grats to the Jays, they pitched well, worked counts, and hit big :dong:s when they needed to.

I never made a forum prediction but after Hamels & Lewis pitched like crap down the stretch and the Jays won the WC game, internally I was thinking they'd win the series in 4 games. Hamels would fail in game 1, Yu would bounce back in and win game 2, then Lewis & Perez would get beat in Toronto in games 3 & 4. Minus Yu winning and not even getting to Perez that's basically what happened.

Grats to the Jays and sup offseason d00ds :coal:

Who wants to trade a #2 starter for a package around Joey Gallo? We promise he won't flame out, honest!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Shinjobi posted:

I disagree.

You had a bajillion articles looking at the Rangers regular season success, saying "that isn't sustainable." I laughed at those claims, and I wasn't the only one. This team convinced me that while it had some warts, top to bottom, they had the tenaciousness to steal victory out of the jaws of defeat. Hell, we had some trades that looked like solid loving gold halfway through the season. Post season arrives, you're supposed to be the best in the American league if seeding is to be believed.

It was not sustainable.

You sprinted into the jaws of defeat.

Those trades accomplished gently caress all in each of your losses.

This team was loving fools gold, and I'm done wasting my time with them if they're just going to find new ways to let me down. They didn't have to win this series, but it would have been loving nice to see them win one game.

I bear no ill will to the Jays aside from Bautista. Donaldson seems like a cool dude. I ain't rooting for ya from here, but I don't give a poo poo what y'all do after this win either.

:rip: Rangers, you accomplished jack poo poo. But hey, you punched a guy once.

what are you doing

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WateryQuarrelsomeAmericanmarten-mobile.mp4

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
How could anyone bear ill will towards joey bats is the real question

cnut
May 3, 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In any case I feel infinitely better after that wall of text, so all is good.

But yeah, I may not be the most consistent poster in SAS, but rest assured I am there if you want kneejerk meltdowns. Happens every season.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Shinjobi posted:

I disagree.

You had a bajillion articles looking at the Rangers regular season success, saying "that isn't sustainable." I laughed at those claims, and I wasn't the only one. This team convinced me that while it had some warts, top to bottom, they had the tenaciousness to steal victory out of the jaws of defeat. Hell, we had some trades that looked like solid loving gold halfway through the season. Post season arrives, you're supposed to be the best in the American league if seeding is to be believed.

It was not sustainable.

You sprinted into the jaws of defeat.

Those trades accomplished gently caress all in each of your losses.

This team was loving fools gold, and I'm done wasting my time with them if they're just going to find new ways to let me down. They didn't have to win this series, but it would have been loving nice to see them win one game.

I bear no ill will to the Jays aside from Bautista. Donaldson seems like a cool dude. I ain't rooting for ya from here, but I don't give a poo poo what y'all do after this win either.

:rip: Rangers, you accomplished jack poo poo. But hey, you punched a guy once.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

DannoMack posted:

How could anyone bear ill will towards joey bats is the real question

I wasn't a big fan of his take out slide on Odor, but Dyson never should have hit anyone after his home run last postseason and everything after that shouldn't have happened.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Why do you have a problem with Bautista?

Edit : do you also have a problem with Odors take out slides?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
"Playoff games are coin flips and it was just luck" hmm or the team with the -5 run differential and a bunch of emotional chokers lost under pressure 3 times in a row when it counted the most, and made bad errors every game :dukedog:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

This a good pre-emptive post for the torrent of Cubs tears when we lose one game to the Giants.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

patonthebach posted:

Why do you have a problem with Bautista?

I do. I ain't a fan of take out slides, period. In general I don't want players trying to hurt each other. Plunking is a part of that, too. I do not care for it.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

patonthebach posted:

Yes, because what Chase Utley did to Tejada should never happen to anyone.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Seriously though. If SAS and its subforums weren't created for emotional, flying by the dick of our pants posting, then what the hell is it good for?

I'll never forgive you, Rahim Moore

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ranger fans ITT seem pretty cool and also watch wrestling so I don't wish them any ill will.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

BWV posted:

Ranger fans ITT seem pretty cool and also watch wrestling so I don't wish them any ill will.

:hfive: Tonight's PPV was pretty good.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ragnarok the Red posted:

:hfive: Tonight's PPV was pretty good.

I just started watching it! Will scan through the PSP thread while I do because I'm cool. Jays/wwe/debate was just too much to do all at once.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I wasn't a big fan of his take out slide on Odor, but Dyson never should have hit anyone after his home run last postseason and everything after that shouldn't have happened.

I agree that it's all Dyson's and by proxy the Rangers fault.

Bat flips 4 life

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Rangers posters were my favourite non-Jays posters until the Rangers sent Matt Bush out to throw at Bautista. Can't we all just get along?

So Jays question. Last year they lost the ALCS so they hung a AL East championship banner for 2015. If they lose the ALCS this year, god of dingers forbid, no banner?

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

shadok posted:

Rangers posters were my favourite non-Jays posters until the Rangers sent Matt Bush out to throw at Bautista. Can't we all just get along?

So Jays question. Last year they lost the ALCS so they hung a AL East championship banner for 2015. If they lose the ALCS this year, god of dingers forbid, no banner?

They will just leave this up

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
V:https://twitter.com/BlueJayHunter/status/785330341946990593

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

shadok posted:

They hung an AL East banner for winning the division.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

They hung an AL East banner for winning the division.

Yeah, which they didn't do this year.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
Give this guy all of the moneys

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I can't believe Russell managed to use his double play powers for good instead of evil.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I'm almost positive the cubs didn't hang anything after last year

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Chexoid posted:

I can't believe Russell managed to use his double play powers for good instead of evil.

that entire game i was complaining (even before the homer) that all he's been doing lately is hitting grounders to the left side of the infield and becoming a double play machine.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Are Cleveland/Red Sox considered tougher matchups for Toronto than the Rangers?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

CubsWoo posted:

That kind of sucks. Getting to the ALCS seems like it should be worth a banner.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

CubsWoo posted:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Suck it, Odor

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Are Cleveland/Red Sox considered tougher matchups for Toronto?

a redsox match up will be inevitably more stressful and push me to heavy drinking and shitposting

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Are Cleveland/Red Sox considered tougher matchups for Toronto?

A little. Jays went 10-9 against Boston and 3-4 against Cleveland this year. On the whole I think I'd rather face Cleveland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Are Cleveland/Red Sox considered tougher matchups for Toronto than the Rangers?

As good baseball teams, yes

• Locked thread