Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The scariest part of root cellars is that they could be anywhere. They could even be IN YOUR HOME RIGHT NOW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Clint Howard was

Our hero is prepared for anything.

I'm going to check my root cellar right now. There better be either my exotic root collection or a bike down there. Any of you guys wanna come over and rock out to some Megadeath?

:allears:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:stonk:

Ok, nm. I'm quarantining my root cellar for the time being. You guys can just come over and we'll have pea soup and eggs. Lot's of eggs. Bring your own suspenders/overalls as I don't have enough for everyone.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

MisterBibs posted:

Don't forget, we also learned that young teens should never possess cellar doors that can murder people for gifts, because they will kill their sisters,even if the narrators said he didn't.

Yeah, that little girl was toast.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I got stickied? :supaburn:

Beginning at 8:30 EST, tonight's features are...

Candyman

and...

John Dies At The End

followed by...

Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

Let me know if you have a favorite episode you'd like to see!

and...

Hammer House of Horror

Be there!

MisterBibs posted:

Don't forget, we also learned that young teens should never possess cellar doors that can murder people for gifts, because they will kill their sisters,even if the narrators said he didn't.

Absolutely. Like I said, the narrator was just trying to comfort the girl he likes.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Niiiiice.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I keep meaning to watch John Dies. Nice. Plus Candyman is dope as hell.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Going to a haunted trail, so I won't make all of Candyman.. will certainly make JDATE, I've never seen that.

Who won the pizza yesterday ? I was in and out, of both the room and sleep

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dr.Caligari posted:

Going to a haunted trail, so I won't make all of Candyman.. will certainly make JDATE, I've never seen that.

Who won the pizza yesterday ? I was in and out, of both the room and sleep

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

PIZZA KING FOR A DAY

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Packer game starts at 7:30 central. Streets here are already starting to look barren.

Still have to make the Scream Stream.

In Howard We Trust.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Choco1980 posted:

I keep meaning to watch John Dies.

Same here. Does the stream get VODed? It'll be 2am UK before it starts and I have work.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jedit posted:

Same here. Does the stream get VODed? It'll be 2am UK before it starts and I have work.

That would definitely be tempting fate, sorry.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

We are live in 10!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Lurduakk we neeeeeeeed a a stream tonight.. its my birthday I can't deal.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I've been streaming for an hour and a half what are you talking about.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's right here, everyone is watching it except you.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I am legit sad I missed it I wanted to watch another Hammer Horror. Instead I drank and watched the debates while attempting Econ homework which was a terrible decision overall.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea I unfortunately had way too much going on last night with the debate and football, etc. I don't really contribute much anyway, I find it difficult to keep up with the speed of the chat while also watching the movie.

Were there any first-time Candyman watchers? Hopefully it won at least one person over.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Candyman was universally loved in the stream by first timers and rewatchers alike.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah I don't think anyone had a bad word to say about it, it's a straight gem of a film.

Man, I love doing the Scream Stream every year but I gotta say I'm glad I only do it 3 nights a week, setting aside like 7 hours of my day to stream internet movies is a little demanding.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah I don't think anyone had a bad word to say about it, it's a straight gem of a film.

Growing up, I knew kids that thought the legend of Candyman was real. I remember a group getting in trouble at school for hiding in the bathroom with the lights out in an attempt to summon him.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm actually surprised you feel its worth it for Sunday nights. Do you get enough people in there to make it worthwhile? I'd never be able to stay for both movies because I can't function at work without a full nights sleep(I say as I post on SA from work).

The more I think about it, the more I'm annoyed at myself for missing Candyman. So many scenes that I'd love to witness a live reaction to. The hook through the bathroom mirror scene, the doctor getting killed out of nowhere in the asylum, Helen's husband saying her name 5 times at the end, Helen stepping through the wall to reveal the huge mural, I could go on and on.

I guess Candyman is probably my favorite horror movie of the 90's.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Hollismason posted:

I am legit sad I missed it I wanted to watch another Hammer Horror. Instead I drank and watched the debates while attempting Econ homework which was a terrible decision overall.

Happy belated birthday, for what it's worth.

Basebf555 posted:

I'm actually surprised you feel its worth it for Sunday nights. Do you get enough people in there to make it worthwhile? I'd never be able to stay for both movies because I can't function at work without a full nights sleep(I say as I post on SA from work).

You strongly underestimate how many students/unemployed people post on these forums. :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Canada gets a three-day weekend in October, so there's that. Also, time zones!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I get up for work at 445/5am and I made it through the second movie dawwge

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Well, there was some joking about the bad 90s sensibilities in the first half of the film, but then Tony Todd showed up and everything got delicious.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Happy belated birthday, for what it's worth.

You strongly underestimate how many students/unemployed people post on these forums. :v:

I'm a dirty unwashed cripple myself! (also for some, today is a Federal Holiday in the US)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Choco1980 posted:

Well, there was some joking about the bad 90s sensibilities in the first half of the film, but then Tony Todd showed up and everything got delicious.

I actually already watched Candyman for my October challenge, and I definitely remember all that 90's stuff. The hot young coed that Helen's husband is cheating with wears ridiculous mom jeans in her first scene for example.

And I'm not sure if its a 90's movie thing, but the academic seriousness that the characters approach urban legends with is great. For some reason Helen is convinced that she'll be totally set career wise if she can just write this amazing thesis on Candyman.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Candyman's great, I'd go as far as saying it's all perfect through the bathroom attack scene. Tony Todd sells the hell out of his role for sure, though.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yup, in the 90s, every piece of media taught you that college was the key to success, and what your subject was wasn't the point. That's why everyone in that Oregon Trail bumper crop where Gen X and Millennial rubs together were all totally hosed by the time they were done with their higher education. ie before college: Follow your dreams! Anything can happen if you do! After college: Wow, that was a dumb dream. You're dumb. Here's a mountain of debt you can't afford.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Thanks for doing the stream again this year, I always find a few new favorites whenever I tune in, lots of stuff I wouldn't never have expected to like either.

Basebf555 posted:

Were there any first-time Candyman watchers? Hopefully it won at least one person over.

It was my first watch and it was fantastic. Might be my favorite movie of the bunch this year, but it's got some serious competition with Life Force (which I had never seen not-edited for TV) and Christine (new to me).

BTW, was it Scream Stream last year you showed some sort of Werewolf murder mystery movie? I only caught the very end of it and non of the posters in the OP are ringing any bells for me.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Choco1980 posted:

Yup, in the 90s, every piece of media taught you that college was the key to success, and what your subject was wasn't the point. That's why everyone in that Oregon Trail bumper crop where Gen X and Millennial rubs together were all totally hosed by the time they were done with their higher education. ie before college: Follow your dreams! Anything can happen if you do! After college: Wow, that was a dumb dream. You're dumb. Here's a mountain of debt you can't afford.

I definitely fall into that group and yea it was a major problem. A big part of it was that, at least in the middle class suburbs, there was very little emphasis on figuring out what you wanted to do for a career, even all the way through high school. Even first and second year of college, there was a lot of advice being given along the lines of "just stay undecided on a major until you magically hit on something you love and then go that route."

Hell, I'm over 30 and although I've been consistently employed, I don't have great career prospects, and I still get people saying stuff to me like "eh, don't worry you're still young. You have time to figure it out." I feel lucky that I at least got used to the idea of working when I was very young, I know plenty people in my age group that have difficulty just getting up every morning and working for 40 hours a week.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Thanks for doing the stream again this year, I always find a few new favorites whenever I tune in, lots of stuff I wouldn't never have expected to like either.

It was my first watch and it was fantastic. Might be my favorite movie of the bunch this year, but it's got some serious competition with Life Force (which I had never seen not-edited for TV) and Christine (new to me).

BTW, was it Scream Stream last year you showed some sort of Werewolf murder mystery movie? I only caught the very end of it and non of the posters in the OP are ringing any bells for me.

Werewolf murder mystery makes me think either Howling 5, or The Beast Must Die! They're pretty much the same plot: Ten Little Indians, only the killer is a wolfman.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
The theme two years ago was sequels, so good chance it was Howling 5.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I showed Howling 5 in the Sequel Stream, but it's a terrible film. I recommend The Beast Must Die! though, it's really fun and despite some obvious low budget drawbacks and cheesy acting, I really think it holds up. And hey, props for having a black lead in the early 70s who's not a jive-talker from the streets.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yes, it was The Beast Must Die! I should have clarified that I remembered it having a black lead and that it was pretty good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Woah, you must have wandered in during the private stream where I viewed that with two friends.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Beginning at 8:30 EST, tonight's features are...

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

and...

Horror of Dracula

followed by...

Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

Let me know if you have a favorite episode you'd like to see!

and...

Hammer House of Horror

Tonight's also your chance to win

Be there!

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 14, 2016

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Goddamn that is quite a lineup, quite possibly the best ever for the Scream Stream!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh cool, I think I've only ever seen the '56 version of Invasion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

yo I've seriously been trying to watch the 70's Body Snatchers for forevvaaaa

• Locked thread