Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

When I see a you're error I'm triggered and my rational brain shuts down.

Samesies. It's as automatic as breathing at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
RIP Mike VI

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Oregon’s Cam Hunt: 30-40% of team “don’t care if we win or lose.” Via Eugene Register-Guard.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

pillsburysoldier posted:

Oregon’s Cam Hunt: 30-40% of team “don’t care if we win or lose.” Via Eugene Register-Guard.

I wonder if you'd find similar feelings among any team that's a recent powerhouse coming into tough times or if that's something uniquely wrong with this team.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pakled posted:

I wonder if you'd find similar feelings among any team that's a recent powerhouse coming into tough times or if that's something uniquely wrong with this team.

I'd imagine it's pretty likely, especially among seniors who know they're not going to the pros and are just playing out the year.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Some recruiting people said that a lot of Oregon's pitches to potential recruits the past two years was that they're championship ready and the offense takes care of itself, and supposedly that they actually practice like they believe it and take it easy. So it's really easy to deflate the entire thing with a bad loss

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That sounds like one of those dreaded "Culture Problems" that come along with a coach, so either Helfrich has the kick it up a notch and show his players that they need to take it seriously and that championship ready means going full blast every day or he is going to lose out and be coaching at a flyover state directional school.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Pakled posted:

Michigan's last year under Hoke was like that. From players and coaches.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Regnevelc posted:

Michigan's last year under Hoke was like that. From players and coaches.

What a wild coincidence!

Karmalaa70
Jun 15, 2006
Yep, think it was Devin Funchess that said "wins are losses are just a statistic" in an interview after another poo poo game in 2014.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

When is Spurrier and Mack gonna join forces and become the best announcing crew?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

George H.W. oval office posted:

When is Spurrier and Mack gonna join forces and become the best announcing crew?

I need this in my life

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Seaniqua posted:

I need this in my life

You're going to get Jesse Palmer and you're going to like it.

Third and California!

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Is there a big payout for making the SECCG? Otherwise I don't see why they would forfeit the revenue from their biggest home game of the season to improve their odds at earning the right to take their Purdue reject QB to Atlanta to get blown out by Bama.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spurdawg can't compete with the knowledge of Mr. Football and doesn't want to get shown up.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I'm so sorry, 3/4s of the United States (E: eh you'll all be watching Bama-Tennessee anyway)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 12, 2016

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

pillsburysoldier posted:

But the important question that needs to be answered is "are they having fun?"

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

swickles posted:

They literally just asked this question to Ron Magill, the zoo expert on Lebatard yesterday. Gorillas are herbivores whereas tigers are carnivores and hunt their meals. Carnivores win because they know how to kill, and a tiger would totally take out a gorilla simply because a gorilla doesn't have the skills to defend itself despite its strength.

fukken :biotruths: smdh

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Real Name Grover posted:

I'm so sorry, 3/4s of the United States (E: eh you'll all be watching Bama-Tennessee anyway)

I remember the dark days before they did the reverse mirror and I wouldn't be able to watch Texas-Oklahoma at all because Purdue was playing Illinois on ABC.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I remember the dark days before they did the reverse mirror and I wouldn't be able to watch Texas-Oklahoma at all because Purdue was playing Illinois on ABC.

Nebraska-Purdue has this same slot in ABC/ESPN2 next Saturday. Is this what a top 10 ranking gets you these days?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Noctone posted:

gently caress Notre Dame always and forever

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Real Name Grover posted:

not me i will be watching Big Ten Football on the Big Ten NEtwork

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Real Name Grover posted:

Nebraska-Purdue has this same slot in ABC/ESPN2 next Saturday. Is this what a top 10 ranking gets you these days?

Hey Purdue won that game last year, so you never know!*

*Actually I DO know, and we will hopefully leave Hazell in Lincoln.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Real Name Grover posted:

As long as you don't mind only watching on TV, Hawaii must be the best for college football. You'd have a full day after all the games are finished.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Spacebump posted:

As long as you don't mind only watching on TV, Hawaii must be the best for college football. You'd have a full day after all the games are finished.

err not quite, they're only 3 hours behind the pacific time zone (and that goes down to 2 hours behind in November since Hawai'i doesn't observe DST)

but in a general sense yeah it's cool. i was out there during the nba finals and after game 7 was over i still had time to get in a couple hours of surfing

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Whoa, MissSt. plays on a friday this year too... I'm sure if they weren't awful this year we'd be hearing all kinds of poo poo from PAWL and the like.

DocPsychosis
Apr 5, 2008

Welcome to the anxiety closet.

MourningView posted:

To the best of my knowledge we did not keep a live 19th century woodsman in a cage on campus at any point, to our great detriment.

What about a live Donald Sutherland and/or Alan Alda.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Real Name Grover posted:

Is there a similar map for the noon game? I need to figure out if I need to find a bar open at 10am here in Denver to watch Clemson play on ESPN since I'm still running off an HD antenna and the WatchESPN app is loving dogshit.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
clemson is going to be on abc in denver

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Anals of History posted:

What's the best option for getting tickets at this point? I'm kinda hoping the skid has dropped prices a little bit.

wow I haven't been in this thread for a bit, but I usually go stubhub

poo poo, my wife and I were able to get parking passes for lots 39/40 right on shaw for 100 bucks with how many donors are bailing

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Scarf posted:

Whoa, MissSt. plays on a friday this year too... I'm sure if they weren't awful this year we'd be hearing all kinds of poo poo from PAWL and the like.

Nobody in the SEC gives a poo poo about Moo State.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Noctone posted:

clemson is going to be on abc in denver

Thanks! Now I can actually stay in my PJs and watch :dance:

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

big money big clit posted:

Nobody in the SEC gives a poo poo about Moo State.

Miss State is cool when they upset Ole Miss every once in a while.

But also they get relevant when every few weeks their players get in trouble for purposefully trying to hurt other players but that's just Dan Mullen coaching

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Spintzel posted:

Miss State is cool when they upset Ole Miss every once in a while.

But also they get relevant when every few weeks their players get in trouble for purposefully trying to hurt other players but that's just Dan Mullen coaching

Dan Mullen makes $4,000,000/year. I remember when you had to be a Charlie Weis-tier coach to earn that much money.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Every year someone is guaranteed to make at least $4 million to finish last in the SEC West

Dan Mullen is a really good coach though, it'll be funny if he somehow winds up on the hot seat because Mississippi State decides a bad season doesn't live up to their lofty standards

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 13, 2016

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'd be willing to be the public face of a failed college football team for like, half that.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Thoguh posted:

I'd be willing to be the public face of a failed college football team for like, half that.

You've paid Lowtax at least :10bux: to be it already.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

MourningView posted:

Every year someone is guaranteed to make at least $4 million to finish last in the SEC West

Dan Mullen is a really good coach though, it'll be funny if he somehow winds up on the hot seat because Mississippi State decides a bad season doesn't live up to their lofty standards

At this point the only way he doesn't get fired is if he beats Ole Miss.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV is an 8 point underdog to Hawaii

There really is no hope :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Crotch Bat posted:

Why would you look at conference standings to gauge anything right now? NCSU is also ahead of Louisville in the Atlantic, Oklahoma is 2nd in the Big 12, Iowa is 2nd in the Big 10 West, Wyoming is tied with Boise State for 1st in the MWC, and the Aggies hold 1st place in the SEC West over Bama. Cmon.

I think the ACC is as strong up top as any other conference and they've got good depth to follow. The Big 10 is top heavy(very good at the top but little depth), PAC seems similar but with a bit less depth, SEC has an argument for sure but it's a whole lot of Bama continuing to carry them and the Big 12 is lol.

I don't think it's an indisputable statement but a lot of people still have bad attitudes about the ACC based off where the conference was 10-15 years ago and it's simply not the same anymore. It's a really good, deep conference and with renewed success at stalwart programs like VT and Miami, new success at UNC, Wake, Pitt, Louisville. and continued success from Clemson and FSU it should continue being a good conference.

The ACC has 1 extra good program right now because of Petrino. Miami/FSU/Clemson were always supposed to be good but Miami had been dumpstered for a decade, we can still ignore the basketball schools for the most part. Pitt and UNC are competitive but they get over-hyped because of low expectations, they are both worse than this year's meh Georgia team but get patted on the back for it because they aren't supposed to be any good.

VT I dunno but I imagine the advantage of a great DC who won't leave for a head coaching job combined with a good offensive HC is going to have them playing at near their max potential for a while.

• Locked thread