Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well that was weird. I started the game up and instead of being at the main menu, my party was on the airship deck. At the battles from the beginning of the game. When I beat it it took me back to the world map at the Earth Shrine. Seems like I still have all my stuff and progress, but no idea what happened there.

Happens to the best of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Going to do half price pulls and pray for a Cecil. I alreayd have WoL but I like having options and I'd definitely like having an Excalibur, or two. I don't think I'd have enough for an 11 pull without waiting until the banner's almost done but I'd rather spend as little as I can while saving up for crushing disappointment on Orlandu's banner.

Dark Knight Cecil also has a global exclusive skill according to the one news piece, so maybe Gumi's trying to make him actually worth considering.

Cartoon Man posted:

FFiv dungeons are posted. Oh hey, an elite exploration! :suicide:

As much as I want the lilith rod I am not looking forward to that dungeon at all. A +60 MAG rod though? Hell. Yes.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I'm looking forward to making a "hurt myself to hurt you more" team including, Garland/Gaffgarion/DK.Cecil/Lightning(w/diablos)/ and Agrias.

Tipme fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 12, 2016

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I am so ready to dump like 20 tickets to get Cecil. Hopefully a lot more than just 1 too.
Good thing I didn't put too much work into Agrias' Save the Queen yet.

McSpankWich posted:

Decided that this my last chance to pull Agrias, so I'll spend some tickets and see what happens.. 1/2 Price was Zidane, 1st ticket 3* Terra, then 3* Sabin, then 4* Agriassss holy shittttt... stoked.

So much more jelly of the Zidane honestly.

Washin Tong posted:

sperglords like me

Appreciate this but I think its worth noting that you really want to set up an alternate version that manually targets a monster on each wave. This substantially increases the frequency of LBs, which allows you to get a 3* Cecil's LB to level 10 without using Burst Pots. Then you can use the Burst Pots after awakening him. I think thats worth it.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I can see why you'd rather use burst pots on the more expensive levels, but technically they're exactly as effective if you use them to gain a burst level at 3* as they are at 6*. In fact, I'd say you're better off using them to blast through levels at lower star rankings so you can move up to more useful rankings earlier

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I can see why you'd rather use burst pots on the more expensive levels, but technically they're exactly as effective if you use them to gain a burst level at 3* as they are at 6*. In fact, I'd say you're better off using them to blast through levels at lower star rankings so you can move up to more useful rankings earlier

Good point, I overlooked that.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Trilin posted:

I am so ready to dump like 20 tickets to get Cecil. Hopefully a lot more than just 1 too.
Good thing I didn't put too much work into Agrias' Save the Queen yet.

Keep in mind, it's nice to have a non-elemental weapon too. All these Lightnings with Excaliburs have been popping resists left and right against Wiegraf/Loffrey in this event. All those super high ATK dudes you saw who couldn't solo ELT? That's why.

I'm gonna farm Mustadio's gun for Lightning's offhand. If I do get a Cecil, I'll just slide him into the farm team once I max the Zidane that's sitting at 63.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 12, 2016

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Fenrir posted:

Keep in mind, it's nice to have a non-elemental weapon too. All these Lightnings with Excaliburs have been popping resists left and right against Wiegraf/Loffrey in this event.

Yea, I'm aware, but you can only grind so many TMRs at a time.
Have to go for the best option and pray it doesn't get hosed in too many places.

Oxybeles
Feb 1, 2013
Never having macroed before, but getting sick of doing them manually, how does one make this script run properly? I downloaded AutoHotKey, went to my desktop and created a new AHK script, and pasted the text from the Superfast TMR Macro that you posted earlier on line 5 below the:

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

And when I try running it, the thing errors out with:

Error: A ":" is missing its "?"

Line#
003: SendMode,Input
004:SetWorkingDir,%A_ScriptDir%
---> 005: 459555--VINPUT--MOUSE:818:9

With a bunch more below that.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
So uhh, this chamber of awakening PRO... none of the materials it drops look like they're useful to awaken anyone. Is anyone concerned that they're going to change the materials required to awaken Cecil or DK Cecil to 6*? Otherwise what's the point of this Vortex?

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

McSpankWich posted:

So uhh, this chamber of awakening PRO... none of the materials it drops look like they're useful to awaken anyone. Is anyone concerned that they're going to change the materials required to awaken Cecil or DK Cecil to 6*? Otherwise what's the point of this Vortex?

For awakening Rydia and Kain.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Trilin posted:

For awakening Rydia and Kain.

Ohh. What? I figured they'd just use the same item pool as everyone else so I didn't even look them up.That's dumb

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

McSpankWich posted:

Ohh. What? I figured they'd just use the same item pool as everyone else so I didn't even look them up.That's dumb

Other units will use them as well IIRC, but yeah just those two for the time being. Hope you like buying even more inventory space.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here is the summary of the new banner on Kongbakpao.

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/new-allies-final-fantasy-iv-gang/

The important part:

quote:

Who to pull?

This is a great time for you to pull your Cecil if you still do not have 1 yet. If you’re lucky, you can get the awesome DK Cecil which TM is one of the best Weapon in PVP. Also, Rosa’s TM, Goddess Bow, is the highest damage bow in the game now. TLDR: PULL!

Cecil (If you don’t have one) > DK Cecil > Rosa > Edge

DK Cecil

Highest ATK unit in the game (second in JP).
TM is one of the highest damage weapon for PVP (with Man-Eater).
The skillset for DK Cecil is really bad as it requires to damage himself to deal damage to the enemies. As you know, the enemies from recent events are starting to hit harder it’ll be risky if your HP is not topped up.

Rosa

Curaja
The first Healer that can recover the team’s MP
With Stona, Cleanse and Esuna, Rosa has all your status ailments covered.
Dispelga helps remove any buffs on the enemies
TM – Best ATK Bow in the game.
Lack of “Raise” might be a problem for future fights.

Cecil

Must get(duh)

Edge

Edge may seem useless at first but he does pack a punch for boss fights.

Edge’s skillsets cover all 6 elemental magic.
The Wind Shuriken deals fix 1000 damage which is useful for the Great Daemon Trial.
He covers a wide range of status ailments that can be useful to certain bosses.
His overall stats is pretty low thus you might not want him as your core team.
TM – Meh…

The Upgrades

Kain

With the new 5* abilities, Kain’s ATK is easily one of the highest amongst the 5* units. His new passive and ability (Dragon Dive), can easily deal a ton of damage to the enemy. However, you’ll need to equip him with a good spear to fully utilize his ATK Damage.

Rydia

Easily becomes one of the best 5* Mage with the Meteor Spell. Also, she’s able to boost the damage for espers by 60%. The only problem with Rydia is her low HP pool and not so good Limit Burst.

And their event guide is up too. Stock up on tents and ether, the boss rush is gong to suck hard....

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/the-giant-of-babel/

quote:

Recommended Party

Depending on your roster, you there are multiple ways you can set up your team.

Safe Team: 2 Healers, 1 Tank, 1 Support, 2 Attackers
Mage Team: 1 Healer, 1 Mage with cura, 3 Magic Attackers, 1 Tank

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 13, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh man, this is the worst time to have an unlevelled Garnet. I need to max her out ASAP.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh hey, maybe having a shitload of healers will pay off for a change. i never did level my garnet and i want to raise wol and agrias to 5* but i cant stop grinding elite runs

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Why is fiend of water, Cagnazzo's resists same as Rubicante's, aka strong to fire, weak to water and ice?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Cagnazzo was weak to ice in the original game too, except when he was about to use Tsunami and it changed to absorbing ice and weak to lightning.

No idea why he'd be weak to water.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bring somebody with Raise to one shot the first boss in the rush. I'll be keeping my Lightning with maneater Diablos as leader for this one. Iceblitz ahoy! :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Sounds like Lenna, Tellah, Kefka, Kefka, WoL/Charlotte plus a buddy or Lenna/Roselia(Or Tellah)/WoL/Chizuru/CoD and a Lightning buddy would be the way to go.

Also gotta remove Chirijiraden form Chizuru if you don't want her to be useless against Rubicante.

Don't forget your Tent and Elixirs. Might want to craft some of those new Mega Ethers too.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Tomorrow's the last day of FFT folks! Make it count!

Alright, so I have 2700 Auracite shards. Now I could go and start buying some 6* Cecil mats... or I could try to get to 6K to spend on an ability for my nonexisting Ramza and Delita that I haven't pulled yet but am totally going to pull in the future.
And it's not like I have some dumb OCD tendency to try and fill the Guide page for ability materia. Nope not at all.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

HGH posted:

Alright, so I have 2700 Auracite shards. Now I could go and start buying some 6* Cecil mats... or I could try to get to 6K to spend on an ability for my nonexisting Ramza and Delita that I haven't pulled yet but am totally going to pull in the future.
And it's not like I have some dumb OCD tendency to try and fill the Guide page for ability materia. Nope not at all.

So from what I read of the Japanese FF4 event, the event gives five of each 6* awakening material. so if you get 15 fairy, 5 calamity gem, and 5 prismatic horn right now, you're covered for Cecil Awakening.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm wondering if my 5 Mage Team can do the event. It has Celes and Tellah so I have Focus and Raise.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
From Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/575nnr/orbonne_monastery_vaults_in_a_nutshell/

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Elite seems pretty mean. Do they have the absurd defenses most events have been having?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

this is extremely good

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Someone should do the event with Cecil, Kain, Rydia, Edge and Rosa.

Alternately, Tellah + 4x Golbez.

HGH posted:

Maintenance in 7 hours. Today's it if you still need to farm auracite.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Welp. At least the redemption period for the shards lasts after the event.

Dana Crysalis posted:

So from what I read of the Japanese FF4 event, the event gives five of each 6* awakening material. so if you get 15 fairy, 5 calamity gem, and 5 prismatic horn right now, you're covered for Cecil Awakening.
Looks like I'm covered for it, thanks for the numbers!
This is good stuff.
Also found this:

Thank you, overpowered Lightning owners, for actually allowing me to farm this event in any comfortable way.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Bring somebody with Raise to one shot the first boss in the rush. I'll be keeping my Lightning with maneater Diablos as leader for this one. Iceblitz ahoy! :v:
So basically Lightning/WoL/Tellah/Kefka/Lenna... welp, far from the first time I've used that setup :v:

HGH posted:

Welp. At least the redemption period for the shards lasts after the event.

Looks like I'm covered for it, thanks for the numbers!

This is good stuff.
Also found this:

Thank you, overpowered Lightning owners, for actually allowing me to farm this event in any comfortable way.
Heh, the person who did that comic is on my friend list. Notice "Fenrir" in the OP for that :v:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Shark Tower posted:

Maintenance in 7 hours. Today's it if you still need to farm auracite.

the event is up through tomorrow, after maintenance.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Still looking for more goons to put on my list. I'm still working on the Chirijiraden for my Lightning and I might get enough megacyte for a hero ring by the end of the event.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I am trying to decide if I want to go pick up the recipes for Baraerora and Barblizzara as preparation for FF4 (and just in general). Of course I have the current problem of spending everything I can on finishing up the espers before FFT goes away.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Maybe wait and see if other people recommend it? Event's supposedly a one and done deal, so could even wait till the last day to do it.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Dana Crysalis posted:

I am trying to decide if I want to go pick up the recipes for Baraerora and Barblizzara as preparation for FF4 (and just in general). Of course I have the current problem of spending everything I can on finishing up the espers before FFT goes away.

The only elemental attacks from the bosses during the FFIV event are fire, water, wind, dark, and lightning so no need for the ice resist. At least that's what they were when it happened in JP.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I always chill on the first day of an event because people are bound to figure out a solid strat. Right now I might do my current team, which is Vaan/Lenna/Kefkax2 and Tellah. I could also drop a Kefka for Krile if I need more healing/Bar spells. Pity this poo poo is asking for a tank and both of mine are sitting at base rarity. :colbert:

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Well, if you're right about the event rewarding 5 of each 6* awakening material, I should be able to awaken Cecil after getting those rewards. I never want to see ELT again.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Who's the level 8 Redhead supposed to be?

doomknight66
Jan 25, 2012

Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality

The man called M posted:

Who's the level 8 Redhead supposed to be?

Lid

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Oxybeles posted:

Never having macroed before, but getting sick of doing them manually, how does one make this script run properly? I downloaded AutoHotKey, went to my desktop and created a new AHK script, and pasted the text from the Superfast TMR Macro that you posted earlier on line 5 below the:

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

And when I try running it, the thing errors out with:

Error: A ":" is missing its "?"

Line#
003: SendMode,Input
004:SetWorkingDir,%A_ScriptDir%
---> 005: 459555--VINPUT--MOUSE:818:9

With a bunch more below that.

In case you are: It's a Memu script not an AHK script he posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
6* Cecil is great but...how am I supposed to farm your LB like this, homie? You're supposed to wait and come out after I got to 6* Kefka and Exdeath and poo poo.

• Locked thread