Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.

kayakyakr posted:

I like the 2/week idea, though I wonder if Fantrax would even support that.

They can, a keeper league that I am in has it set up that way through Fantrax - granted I have no idea how to make the settings do that. I can ask them if we decide to go that route though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
My entire gimmick is that I keep winning because USFs quarterback gets my 100points in a game that no one knows is happening, and then Bama defense gets three touchdowns and 5 sacks.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Taxes posted:

They can, a keeper league that I am in has it set up that way through Fantrax - granted I have no idea how to make the settings do that. I can ask them if we decide to go that route though.

This sounds really fun.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
My team is....good again?

I figured poo poo was over after i started 1-4

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

My team is....good again?

I figured poo poo was over after i started 1-4

tell that to kirby smart

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Webbeh posted:

tell that to kirby smart

or georgia tech

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
You guys are bad at trading. Someone counter-offer me.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

My bye week roster is straight up GARBAGE

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
NM, someone actually accepted a trade!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
daggum we have a loving trade

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
If anyone is looking for one, there's currently a kicker up for grabs that is averaging infinite points per game!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I'm feeling real good about my team depth, looking for 1 or maybe 2 trades to finish off the year. Looking to trade 2 mid-upper guys for 1 elite.

Ninja Bob, you tired of trade offers yet? :parrot:

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I should probably sell high on Dede Westbrook. But my only team need right now is a stud QB which don't exactly grow on trees.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Piper posted:

I should probably sell high on Dede Westbrook. But my only team need right now is a stud QB which don't exactly grow on trees.

You missed your chance. That was one of the offers I made with Davis Webb, I think.

e: I'll come up with something to offer you. Gotta figure out how to approach it. Also let Ninja Bob turn me down (or accept, or counter, oh please accept/counter) because the two players I'd offer you wouldn't be the same two I offered him.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 18, 2016

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Webb is possibly injured, has a bye left, and faces much tougher defenses in the coming weeks. I felt like his upgrade over my current QB was not worth the recent best WR in the nation.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Piper posted:

Webb is possibly injured, has a bye left, and faces much tougher defenses in the coming weeks. I felt like his upgrade over my current QB was not worth the recent best WR in the nation.

He's past his bye (was last week), the injury was a 1 game thing, and I've found that proper Air Raid QB's still put up points against good defenses.

Plus, you could have easily countered for something to sweeten. I've got a deep roster and would have entertained a lot.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

kayakyakr posted:

Also let Ninja Bob turn me down (or accept, or counter, oh please accept/counter) because the two players I'd offer you wouldn't be the same two I offered him.

I'm thinking about it, but you've offended my Arizona homer honor by calling Nick Wilson "a dude". Also I'm not certain it's strategically wise to let you upgrade your team into the stratosphere, but whatever. Let me look at possible counters.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Ninja Bob posted:

I'm thinking about it, but you've offended my Arizona homer honor by calling Nick Wilson "a dude". Also I'm not certain it's strategically wise to let you upgrade your team into the stratosphere, but whatever. Let me look at possible counters.

>_<

Sorry. I picked the one sub-20 PPG guy on your roster that I thought had the most potential to turn into a contributor later if I decided to keep him, provided he comes back from injury OK. The "just a dude" label was to encourage you to counter with a different dude if you wanted to. Feel free to counter with whoever. Same with my team, Pumphrey and maybe Hansen are really the only skill players that I won't consider trading.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Yak, you are an extremely depressing opponent.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Shoulda taken that trade. ;). May be close to 400 again today with 5 players left to play unless every one of them fails to show out.

Y'all are in trouble when Hansen and Turpin are both full speed.

I mean, not that you aren't in trouble without them...

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Metapod you better hurry up and start some players. I don't want to win because you started 5 players

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Why do me, Yak and Taxes have the best 3 teams every year?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Piper posted:

Why do me, Yak and Taxes have the best 3 teams every year?

Hey, gently caress you too buddy. I had one down year but I'm always competitive.

And speaking of competitive, how about Patrick Mahomes II?

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Well, Joe Williams was a really good pickup for this week... but someone decided to put up 400 points on me.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Ninja Bob posted:

Well, Joe Williams was a really good pickup for this week... but someone decided to put up 400 points on me.

That dick.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
5-3 with 5 straight wins, and 2 losses by a combined 3.5 points. i can work with that, especially given I think i won 5 games the last teo years combined.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

kayakyakr posted:

That dick.

It's fine, I'm not bitter.

:mad:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
College fantasy football is stupid

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Yea

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. This season's been pretty great.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Any idea what the division tiebreaker is? head-to-head or total points?

If it's total points I could feasibly lock up my division this week and make my showdown with Rich Rod's Rage Face the following weekend meaningless.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

The Piper posted:

Any idea what the division tiebreaker is? head-to-head or total points?

If it's total points I could feasibly lock up my division this week and make my showdown with Rich Rod's Rage Face the following weekend meaningless.

I think it's total points. And I think that you will find that all life is meaningless.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Ninja Bob posted:

I think it's total points. And I think that you will find that all life is meaningless.

Yep, it's head-to-head and then points.

holy poo poo i've sucked the last few weeks

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Are we only doing a 4 team playoff? I just realized that week 11 is set up as a regular season week.

That means you've gotta win your division to get in.

Right now, all 4 divisions are still in question with 3 weeks to go.

Webbeh posted:

Yep, it's head-to-head and then points.

holy poo poo i've sucked the last few weeks

league settings are:

1. most fantasy points
2. most fantasy points
3. random.

(and while I love most fantasy points being the tiebreaker, that's not h2h)

e: Also, with 8 games in the books, I would have placed 4th in total points last year (35 points back, 10 games), 4th in total points in 2014 (350 points back, 11 games), 3rd in total points in 2013 (370 points back, 11 games). I'm truly sorry guys >_<

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 25, 2016

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

College fantasy football is stupid

College quarterbacks are stupid

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

Are we only doing a 4 team playoff? I just realized that week 11 is set up as a regular season week.

That means you've gotta win your division to get in.

Right now, all 4 divisions are still in question with 3 weeks to go.

league settings are:

1. most fantasy points
2. most fantasy points
3. random.

(and while I love most fantasy points being the tiebreaker, that's not h2h)

e: Also, with 8 games in the books, I would have placed 4th in total points last year (35 points back, 10 games), 4th in total points in 2014 (350 points back, 11 games), 3rd in total points in 2013 (370 points back, 11 games). I'm truly sorry guys >_<

We traditionally do weeks 12 and 13 for playoffs.

I don't know where the hell Fantrax is getting that setting from - there's no way to set that in League Settings. I set up playoffs manually by ranking in division, then by most fantasy points.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

We traditionally do weeks 12 and 13 for playoffs.

I don't know where the hell Fantrax is getting that setting from - there's no way to set that in League Settings. I set up playoffs manually by ranking in division, then by most fantasy points.

Past seasons we've done the last 3 weeks as playoffs, 8 teams, 2 from each division. With 2 weeks, we're only going to be doing 4 teams, only division champ.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

Past seasons we've done the last 3 weeks as playoffs, 8 teams, 2 from each division. With 2 weeks, we're only going to be doing 4 teams, only division champ.

You know what, you're right. Which begs the question on why the gently caress Fantrax didn't bring that over this year.

Okay, this is being switched, so cover your bums.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

You know what, you're right. Which begs the question on why the gently caress Fantrax didn't bring that over this year.

Okay, this is being switched, so cover your bums.

We're short a weekend this year (as we were last year).

I mean, this does not play in my favor. My week 11 matchups are perfectly aligned for the #8 seed to knock me out in the first round again this year >_<

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
So, I went to change and realized how loving late we are in the season.

That being said, I feel like it'd be loving stupid to change it this late. For some reason I thought we had more weeks :(

For 2016, unless anyone can make a good case, we'll stick with 2 week playoffs. It sucks, but it's better than nothing.

• Locked thread