Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Crabtree posted:

B-B-But he finds a career as a normal dude, with steady pay and a wife and a kid!

Gohan is the best character.

He realized he was a shonen character and said gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Crabtree posted:

B-B-But he finds a career as a normal dude, with steady pay and a wife and a kid!
I'm just pointing out the absurdity of this series swerving from this point, where Goku says "Well Cell, I can't beat you, but my adolescent son can", to Gohan dropping in combat relevance like a rock

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Crabtree posted:

lookit that yo-yo

that's the way ya do it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CharlestheHammer posted:

"No way, I wanna be a Kamen Rider! Well, that was fun, time to get a tracksuit."

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Throwing kids at mountains always work

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

"No way, I wanna be a Kamen Rider! Well, that was fun, time to get a tracksuit."

he's actually in the russian mob

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JET GATLING

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CharlestheHammer posted:

No, Krillin is, because he realized he had no combat value whatsoever, so becoming a family man was the best use of his potential.

Gohan just decided to double down on an MBA instead of going for the medical doctorate.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Remember this last one against Freeza did nothing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Cell respects a good monologue.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hey Gohan, how come you didn't turn Super Saiyan when Krillin died?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Goku

Dad of the year

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
hey gohan

show me your dick power level

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

JT Jag posted:

I'm just pointing out the absurdity of this series swerving from this point, where Goku says "Well Cell, I can't beat you, but my adolescent son can", to Gohan dropping in combat relevance like a rock

Toriyama wanted to make Gohan the main character and then immediately changed his mind.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Baal posted:

Lotta good all that money and child did him when he fought freeza

And when Black Goku came around, welp! In the end, its always overwhelming strength that matters in Dragon Ball.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Father of the year

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I hope you enjoy this we will be in this phase for a while.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Rhonne posted:

Toriyama wanted to make Gohan the main character and then immediately changed his mind.

Wasn't Gohan eventually in the then new opening too? Something that wasn't changed for a long rear end time?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rhonne posted:

He wanted to do with Gohan what the main character in DQ5 actually managed to do well.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Krillin he just kicked him man

Maybe wait a bit before you get all excited

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Crabtree posted:

And when Black Goku came around, welp! In the end, its always overwhelming strength that matters in Dragon Ball.

He never fought Goku Black. In fact until the last episode he did not even know about him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

God it's so good to see this without the loving Falcouner score.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
"That's right, Cell. Absolutely cave my son's face in and make him swallow his own fractured teeth."

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Funky Valentine posted:

no

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

MonsterEnvy posted:

He never fought Goku Black. In fact until the last episode he did not even know about him.

Is that like a Goku with extra caffeine or something?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everything about this exchange is terrible. Cell talking about getting at him. Goku talking about Cell giving Gohan "the business."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Crabtree posted:

Wasn't Gohan eventually in the then new opening too? Something that wasn't changed for a long rear end time?

Yeah. It's a shame Gohan never really got a chance to be the main character, I really liked him when I was a iid. :(

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Is Piccolos speech this episode?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Goku Afro-American, thank you very much.

Argus Zant posted:

"That's right, Cell. Absolutely cave my son's face in and make him swallow his own fractured teeth."

"Byyyyeeeee, sonnnn!"

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So I forgot, but is Mr. Satan actually a really good fighter, but that he's good by normal human standards and is just outclassed by everyone who can fly and supersonic speeds and shoot energy balls?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

:frogout:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

fit em all up in there posted:

Krillin he just kicked him man

Maybe wait a bit before you get all excited

Next you'll be saying they should wait till the smoke/dust cloud clears before getting hyped

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rhonne posted:

Are we sure this wasn't more editorial meddling, you know, like this entire arc?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SgtSteel91 posted:

So I forgot, but is Mr. Satan actually a really good fighter, but that he's good by normal human standards and is just outclassed by everyone who can fly and supersonic speeds and shoot energy balls?

Mr. Satan is the strongest person in the world who can't do ki stuff.

However he has the strongest heart, so he channels that to be the true hero.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SgtSteel91 posted:

Yes he legit won the tourneys

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It's really weird that Toonami would air an episode of Moral Orel instead of DBZ

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SgtSteel91 posted:

He is Dan Hibiki, yes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Are we sure this wasn't more editorial meddling, you know, like this entire arc?

There was no meddling. A dude made suggestions and he agreed.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

SgtSteel91 posted:

yeah he won the world martial arts tournament during a year where all the super crazy martial artists and aliens were doing other poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Hypothetical: Toonami picks up Turn A

• Locked thread