Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Hostile V posted:

In searching for the homoerotic trucker tract, I found out that The Last Generation actually had a rewrite and that's the version I know. The one I know came out in 1992 and the original version was in 1972.

http://www.boolean-union.com/Chick/LastGeneration/LastGeneration.htm

You can mouse-over the pictures here and it'll show you the original 1972 panels so you can compare them. It's silly but I actually like the art style of the original a lot more, it's got more of a solid composition to it and has more backgrounds and shading.

I love that "The Last Generation" has to be rewritten for a new generation. It's like "The Late, Great Planet Earth" getting an anniversary rerelease.

Met posted:

I don't think anyone posted today's Kelly.

Having the address of the neighbors is what makes this one. So deliciously petty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

FaradayCage posted:

Wait, so Gary Johnson earned his vote by virtue of ______?

Not being a woman or Trump.

loving liberals and their notorious hatred and fear of refugees.

Not sure if the DASGDC accusation works when it's an accurate description of Trump.

Why do we like baseball anyway?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

Beeler also drew a cartoon blaming the Flint water crisis on....Obama's EPA, so I'm not terribly surprised here.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jurgan posted:

Having the address of the neighbors is what makes this one. So deliciously petty.

My favourite part is how humongous Kelly's candy sack is compared to the pouches of today's mixed-up kids, and it's already filled to the top.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone made a cartoon comparing Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising and Trump?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

Has anyone made a cartoon comparing Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising and Trump?

He even says he wants to Make America Great Again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEM5hW6BMJA

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

That last panel is av material if I've ever seen it. I'm too in love with my current av to switch, however. But the artwork is perfect.

Donald and John: the best election cartoon? I say yes.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 38 minutes!

WampaLord posted:

He even says he wants to Make America Great Again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEM5hW6BMJA

This is fantastic, it's so on-the-nose that you want to roll your eyes and complain about how heavy-handed it is ("Only Sith deal in absolutes!") if you don't know what the time-frame was

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Nenonen posted:

It was an amount of gold worth US$666mil at the time, but it was put into a trust fund so that as dollar inflated in comparison to gold the excess gold has been given to commies so that the gold stash is even today worth $666 million.

Damned (((Globalist Bankers))), I knew it :colbert:

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Internet Webguy posted:

Not sure if the DASGDC accusation works when it's an accurate description of Trump.

That's Sorensen's point, though. People are saying that both candidates are equally terrible, but Trump is the only one who really is.

I'm glad somebody did a strip on the false equivalency. It's just so obnoxious and is a sign that they're not really paying attention.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Mister Beeg posted:

That's Sorensen's point, though. People are saying that both candidates are equally terrible, but Trump is the only one who really is.

I'm glad somebody did a strip on the false equivalency. It's just so obnoxious and is a sign that they're not really paying attention.

Not really paying attention, too lazy to form their own opinion, or too immature to understand what they are seeing, the last being the one I find most obnoxious. Colbert used a granola bar and a bile filled rotten tangerine to compare Hillary and Trump. Obviously while not ideal a granola bar is filling and nutritious but to a 5 year old (or someone with the mentality of one) everything they don't want to eat is terrible and inedible, regaurdless of the actual qualities of the items being offered.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

CapnAndy posted:

Really, really common theme in Chick Tracts, actually. Basically every conversion in them happens because the recipient has literally never heard of Jesus Christ or Christianity before and immediately converts upon learning that it's an option.

The flip side of that coin is that everyone else -- Jews, Mormons, Catholics, Satanists, Muslims, the-wrong-kind-of-Protestants, Atheists, etc. -- knows full well what the One, True Religion is and has just rejected it because reasons. Which is, at least, logically consistent, because if you start with "my brand of religion is self-evident truth" as a postulate, you really can't explain people believing something else in good faith.

Both Chick Tracts (understandably) and imgur are getting hammered right now, so you only get one example of each, but they're seriously omnipresent. You also get great examples of how Real True Christians are ubermenschen and non-believers are hideous, that's pretty much always there too.

Simply believe on him.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Boy, First Dog's really gone downhill

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

*dies*

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Internet Webguy posted:

Well this cartoon's not about refugees, it's calling for America to stage a war or police intervention or what have you and start bombing Syria too.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

NOW is the time to FIGHT BACK against the BDS attempt to takeover and rewrite history!
We offer you two possibilities:
1. Please become one of “our Dry Bones 36” (Lamed Vavnikim); A group of righteous people who each give us $3,000 a year to help us defeat the danger we face.
2. If you are unable to join the 36, please give what you can

Labels: BDS, Campus Life, Islamophobia, rewriting history
Uncle Zion wants your money

Stiglich posted:

Hillary Clinton's 'Scary Grandma' smile

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

No MAGA hunting hat. No use of "wascally" or "voda fwuad". 2/10

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Stefu posted:

Actually the entire history of Europe is a history of trains carrying gold under Pope's orders.

Things you need to know about the real Spanish Blue Division that is contradicted by this nonsense:

-There was nothing famous or uniquely Basque about the Blue Division before the war, they were just a bunch of soldiers in the Spanish army, mostly Civil War veterans

-Franco wanted to stay neutral in the war, but he also had a bunch of soldiers who were proud fascists (They did fight for Franco after all) and wanted to go murder some Communists. So his agreement with Nazi Germany was that they only be used in attacks on the Soviets. This promise was not entirely kept, but no one seemed to mind

-They were deployed from 1941 to 1943, meaning the trains that took them from Spain to Germany did not pass through any part of "Allied Territory" at any time, so the idea that they had Vatican flags to make themselves look like priests and nuns is complete bullshit on every level

-Franco read the tea leaves in October of 1943 and gave the order for them to withdraw back to Spain, not wanting to be on the losing side. Most of the 43,000 strong army obeyed and left with about 3,000 staying because their bloodlust had not been slaked

-Those 3,000 are the men who were "Betrayed" by choosing to cut ties with their own government and being on the losing side of a war everyone knew was lost by that point.

-Admittedly, they were captured by the Soviets at the end of the war and that really didn't end well for them

-However many Blue Division veterans survived and a few had prominent places in the Spanish Government well into the 1980's. I think there's a few still kicking around and an enterprising historian can look them up and talk to them if they want.

But hey, I'm a Stealth Catholic so you can't trust me :smug:

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 25, 2016

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yes, Americans For Limited Government is very skeptical of Wall Street...

quote:

“The Wall Street protestors need to open their eyes to the fact that they are being used as pawns to promote a radical class warfare agenda. They are nothing more than tools for big labor organizations like SEIU, Marxist groups, radical environmentalists, MoveOn.org, and others. These are the professional left.

“In many ways, the frustration being vented against Wall Street is a natural consequence of Barack Obama’s class warfare rhetoric. They are following his lead. But what protestors should realize is that Wall Street’s investment banks are merely bit players in the financial mess we are in. They are only scratching the surface.

“It was government policies that loosened lending, weakened underwriting standards, pushed loans on those it turned out could not afford them, and allowed the obscene levels of leverage to creep into the system. It will be impossible to address the weakened state of the economy today without addressing these government-directed policies.”

In short, STFU Branco.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

DarklyDreaming posted:

Things you need to know about the real Spanish Blue Division hat is contradicted by this conspiratorial nonsense:
[facts]
:cawg:
lol look at this Popeaboo who can't even tell the difference between Blue Division and Blue Army! FYI an army is 10x larger than a division.

It was a big train that the Allies let pass from Spain to Germany, Roman church was lucky that they never thought to check if the cars were really empty.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
'Member berry jokes already?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Farking Bastage posted:

This should get a Mike Ramierez award for loving up a metaphor.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Voting for trump would almost be worth it to never again have to see Stiglich's one drawing of Hillary Clinton

Twelve by Pies posted:

The original is also a lot more interesting in that Chick seemed pretty confident that the Second Coming really was imminent. There's a lot of specific years mentioned in the original, such as his interpretation that Israel being founded in 1948 was the "budding of the fig tree" Jesus talked about and that the world would end within 40 years of that. The original also had some weird choices such as saying that dogs and cats were extinct, having all been eaten for food at some point before the comic happened. The newer one just turns it into a "Here's a picture of the dog and cat we're going to sacrifice on Halloween!"

I note in the footnote he allows for the possibility of up to 70 years after, so we've still got until 2018. Get your rapture on!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

AT&T and TWC look a lot more pleasant in this drawing than they sound on the phone when I call them to fix their broke-rear end service.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Now this one I like.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Farking Bastage posted:

Man, Alolan Exeggcute looks weird.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ratzap posted:

Now this one I like.

I'm irrationally happy he didn't write "Donald, I am your father."

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
This is all I can see with some of those Trumps

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Brexit and state of the union – The first meeting between leaders of the devolved administrations and Theresa May was not a good start, with Nicola Sturgeon calling the talks ‘deeply frustrating’"

Telegraph:

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to get 'direct line' on Brexit strategy

Independent:

Jimmy Perry dies: 'Amazing' Dad's Army creator remembered

Times:

NHS spends £2bn a year on 'useless or harmful' treatments, doctors warn

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I hate it when people lie through song!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Of all the things to Bill Day! This tasteless 9/11 cartoon is not a well you went to return to.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

...so Trump sez to the doctor, he sez "Yeah, could you remove dis elephant from my rear end"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I really hope the Cubs lose now if nothing for Stantis :qq:

That and I'm glad he brought up Bartman, you know the man whose life was completely ruined by Cubs fans.

Shame I have to root for a team with a racist logo though.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Between this stuff and the Haggadah stuff, how many days a year do you think Kirschen spends shilling for his own enrichment?

Why does the Jerusalem post put up with his poo poo? This is like Trump using his campaign funds to hire out his hotels.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

achillesforever6 posted:

I really hope the Cubs lose now if nothing for Stantis :qq:

That and I'm glad he brought up Bartman, you know the man whose life was completely ruined by Cubs fans.

Shame I have to root for a team with a racist logo though.

I hate the Cubs and want nothing but misery for them especially since Cubs fans made the MLB thread unreadable, but then again, these are Cleveland fans:

https://twitter.com/PWSullivan/status/790999334720573448/photo/1

edit: in all fairness to Steve Bartman, he's been offered a lot of money to appear in commercials. But he's always turned them down to stay out of the public eye.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 26, 2016

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
A space battleship yamato 2199 cartoon

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jurgan posted:

I just love how consistent Kelly is, makes me wonder how much of a writer's Bible he has on him, or if he just wings it all :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Internet Webguy posted:

Trump for the Turbografix 16 was a weird platformer

• Locked thread