Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

please do because if she flips town I will have to defend myself for multiple IRL days before getting lynched and that's just an exercise in frustration.

today I learned finding players scummy is scum play

Yeahhhhh I'm starting to come around on a Kash lynch today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Again, if you want to go safe and reasonable, kash is a good choice

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Kashuno posted:

please do because if she flips town I will have to defend myself for multiple IRL days before getting lynched and that's just an exercise in frustration.

today I learned finding players scummy is scum play

It's not your fault but father jekyll said use my powers for peace and prosperity. Not like anyone listens to my arguments anyway [infinitum and MMT are scum bros]

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

I also agree y'all shouldn't take this as gospel that I, or anyone else who comes up with good results for town, is town. Remember there are clearly multiple factions in play so scum teams can all hunt each other earnestly

Kashuno posted:

There is absolutely no world where I am a good second lynch today without seeing the result of Izzhov's flip.

If izzhov is scum are you cleared or no Kash?

Also, if izzhov is town, anyone who votes you for that reason is a DUMBASS.

Why?

BECAUSE IZZHOV ADMITTED THAT SHE VISITED TQ.

C'mon people stop being dumdums.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If izzhov is scum are you cleared or no Kash?

Also, if izzhov is town, anyone who votes you for that reason is a DUMBASS.

Why?

BECAUSE IZZHOV ADMITTED THAT SHE VISITED TQ.

C'mon people stop being dumdums.

Didn't she say her action failed?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Kashuno posted:

Morning friends 300 posts to catch up on so I will just quote the ones I don't like

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Didn't she say her action failed?

She said that, but she still said she attempted to visit TQ.

If Kash is anything other than what he says (Tracker who targeted izzhov), how could he possibly get izzhov to admit her attempted action?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hi I have come across a real life crisis situation that may end up making me miss a bit of this game, so don't be surprised if I don't respond much over the next day up to and including deadline and if you think this is me trying to get out of playing the game because people are questioning me please gently caress off thanks god bless

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Hi I have come across a real life crisis situation that may end up making me miss a bit of this game, so don't be surprised if I don't respond much over the next day up to and including deadline and if you think this is me trying to get out of playing the game because people are questioning me please gently caress off thanks god bless

Hope everything is ok, or at least turns out as good as it can!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

:ohdear: hope all ends well friend

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

Okay

What makes MMT seem scummy to me
A short case by moatillata

Hello friends come with me on a journey.

Chapter One: Chitown

Little background for you all who were not present/don't give af and didn't read
Shine 2. In this game MMT was friendly, non confrontational and sporadic in her appearances. What I mean by this is that she would not post for awhile then come into the thread make some reasonably good reads and disappear.

Things got a little weird when she claimed doc and then jimson counter claimed her and they got into a standoff. In the end we lynched scumson who flipped scum. :hellyeah:

Tobbs who is a claimed reckless night vig (kill backfires if he targets town) leaves an obscure breadcrumb for his target. mmt finds it and posts it and clears a townie. In the end it is me, SSV and MMT. I lynch ssv and scum team wins.

Point being, and this is important, she is very very convincing town as scum.

Objection: irrelevant

Chapter 2: New Orleans

Here come the quotes, here come the quotes

Similar behavior to shine 2 in that she promises effort posts

Gloms onto first effort case (somber v infinitum) with a shallow read citing the # argument and infinitum being defensive/aggressive (p much normal for him)

Cases known town crazy person Mr. F citing multiple teams when she votes for infinitum for the same

Asks for a summary, where are the cases??

She then actually goes after Mr
F for a while nothing too much interesting

This is in response to an attack from BK

The whole weird thing with voodoo and chores. Not sure why

This is a response to the following post by me:

This is what really does it for me. Her response is really non committal and doesn't respond to my claim. She isn't saying "c'mon I'm town" she is challenging me to prove she isn't town. Okay now stick with me, bc (:tinfoil:)

its like a rich person who truly isn't happy surrounded by all the things that should bring happiness saying "im happy look around I have all the things" and trying to lie to themselves.

Now replace happiness with towniness and there you have it.

In conclusion, is it the best case? Nope. But honestly, voodoo children, if mmt is in fact scum then you're not gonna get anything better imo. My hope is that you all understand a bit more my thought process. I can clarify whatever is needed.

THE END
[/quote]

To others who read this case (and I encourage you to click the link and read it), what does it sound like?

(a) an organic opinion that Moat built up through the game
(b) an explanation that he came up with in one sitting after the fact to explain a scum read on me

He used the fact that I came in and said "catching up" at the start of d1 as a bulletpoint in the case against me but had very little to say about my tunneling on chores. It's 100% a scum case.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Kashuno posted:

nice DODGE ##vote kashuno

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I suck, mafia edit

quote:

Chapter 2: New Orleans

Here come the quotes, here come the quotes

Similar behavior to shine 2 in that she promises effort posts

Gloms onto first effort case (somber v infinitum) with a shallow read citing the # argument and infinitum being defensive/aggressive (p much normal for him)

Cases known town crazy person Mr. F citing multiple teams when she votes for infinitum for the same

Asks for a summary, where are the cases??

She then actually goes after Mr
F for a while nothing too much interesting

This is in response to an attack from BK

The whole weird thing with voodoo and chores. Not sure why

This is a response to the following post by me:

This is what really does it for me. Her response is really non committal and doesn't respond to my claim. She isn't saying "c'mon I'm town" she is challenging me to prove she isn't town. Okay now stick with me, bc (:tinfoil:)

its like a rich person who truly isn't happy surrounded by all the things that should bring happiness saying "im happy look around I have all the things" and trying to lie to themselves.

Now replace happiness with towniness and there you have it.

In conclusion, is it the best case? Nope. But honestly, voodoo children, if mmt is in fact scum then you're not gonna get anything better imo. My hope is that you all understand a bit more my thought process. I can clarify whatever is needed.

THE END

To others who read this case (and I encourage you to click the link and read it), what does it sound like?

(b) an explanation that he came up with in one sitting after the fact to explain a scum read on me

He used the fact that I came in and said "catching up" at the start of d1 as a bulletpoint in the case against me but had very little to say about my tunneling on chores. It's 100% a scum case.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MMT trying to spin the argument I see

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I am 100% grass fed organic

Both USDA and oregan tilth

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Kashuno posted:

Your brother is a special needs child and should have been staying with me and my wife instead of out in the wild like some kinda dumb housecat.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

I suck, mafia edit

Also lol mmt

I tell you I think you are scum

You say "prove it, show your work"

I go through and explain my thought process to show why I think you're scum

You say, "looky at moat he made this case with a foregone conclusion that I am scum"

:catdrugs:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Well yeah that was my thought as well except it's page 87 and you're still voting for me / said that I had a reaction that pinged your gut. What was it?

Murmur Twin posted:

I suck, mafia edit

Ok, I kind of see Moat's point. MMT insists that Moat develop a gut read into a case, and then calls Moat scum for developing his gut read into a case.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
its almost like you took all my posts that were scummy and called them scummy who does that??

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How dare you make a case against me and call me scum

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also Jonathan Fisk why are you not in favor of a no lynch anymore?

Also do you even like spoon?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Infinitum is ready to hear kash and it immediately comes out that kash is taking a leave and might be a liability. Almost like they've discussed this in a scumdoc

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

zimbomonkey posted:

Infinitum is ready to hear kash and it immediately comes out that kash is taking a leave and might be a liability. Almost like they've discussed this in a scumdoc

Rude

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

zimbomonkey posted:

bad

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

*hear a case against kash

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

got some chores tonight posted:

...wouldnt you be like "heck yea there are so many posts therell definitely be a scum i can prolly make a p deec case on one of these posters w/ so many posts"...

yeah, thats how it feels before, when you start to get caught up

Mayor Glowku posted:

Holy poo poo that was a lot of useless garbage back and forth to catch up on.
Everyone is scum, ima kms

and thats how it feels after

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kash wouldn't lie about some RL poo poo happening. Poor timing maybe, scum maybe, but I'm not going to call him out on personal stuff

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

three slightly different explanations for why infini should not have been lynched for his non-town-helping claim of jailer without ever actually saying he thinks infi isn't scum, also more 'if i were scum' nonsense

this seems to make sense as a read

Max posted:

Yo for real though, can I get a sanity check. Are people OK with Captain Foo just quoting my responses with dumb smilies and single word responses and saying I'm somehow freaking out?

this sounds like diverting.

Captain Foo posted:

yeah your big reason for not voting him so far has been 'scum wouldn't claim jailor' which isn't a good defense

foo sticks to his guns fine and Max complains about the taunting without addressing Foo's read

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
are we actually going to do anything today? this is a weakass thunderdome and it seems like we're just spinning in circles.

i find the mmt/moat stuff uncompelling. mmt's response is bad but it feels like the moat case is colored by previous games.

i'd dunk infinitum, max, jimmy hats, and that's probably it.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Your Scum game is extremely weak and transparent, and I cannot wait for you to be lynched today.

Somberbrero posted:

you are incapable of making a case against me that doesn't immediately fold to the slightest bit of scrutiny. if you're actually town somehow you are the worst mafia player i have ever seen.

i spent a long rear end time building good arguments and your response to contradict yourself in a five bulletpoint response followed by 'read his post history.'

i'd bet dollars you can't even pretend to have read my max case.

Infinitum posted:

You and me mate. Let's go.
All cards on the table because I'm sick of this bullshit mud flinging match we've had going on that's making GBS threads up the thread.

Someone thunder-fuckin-dome us already

Somberbrero posted:

well i've cased you and i've voted you so

uh

okay?

this sounds like infinitum is rattled and has no real retort
it's alignment-neutral for somberbrero

it doesn't seem to be too popular an idea, but thunderdoming these two isn't bad.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I say we dunk tmm so I can keep all my voting letters the same throughout the entire game

Although I would like to hear from him at some point

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Somberbrero posted:

are we actually going to do anything today? this is a weakass thunderdome and it seems like we're just spinning in circles.

i find the mmt/moat stuff uncompelling. mmt's response is bad but it feels like the moat case is colored by previous games.

i'd dunk infinitum, max, jimmy hats, and that's probably it.

I'm not feeling you or Infinitum.

Not interested in dunking Max.

Arguments have swayed me back towards Jimmy Hats, but I'm still feeling AR and TMM more.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Kashuno posted:

I don't believe you. Take a picture of the dead hooker or I vote you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

zimbomonkey posted:

Now I remember why I cased you before :cripes:

Good ol newbie scumplay.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

##vote Zimbo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm sort of over this day and we need some flips to move the discussion along, because it's all a bunch of he said/she said nonsense atm.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I know what I wanna do. I've been here since yesterday and I'll continue until tomorrow

##vote infinitum

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Now I remember why I cased you before :cripes:

Good ol newbie scumplay.

I'm not really new. Just haven't played in a while.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

zimbomonkey posted:

I know what I wanna do. I've been here since yesterday and I'll continue until tomorrow

##vote infinitum

Then what happens tomorrow?

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Infinitum is dead and I can move on

• Locked thread