Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

this is a stickup posted:

People were hyping you up as this excellent player in the Shine 3 thread, and this is your big contribution to day one in this thread? I make joke posts and you latch on to them. Mr F claims, I make a serious post and you latch on to it.

seems reasonable

And this reads as a deeply fake response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Seriously calling out a player you don't know based on his reputation as compared to a game he didn't parficipate in at all? Hella dumb. That can't be your actual opinion

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

got some chores tonight posted:

other ppl who dont play mafia are harold krell and peramene and quidnose in half of the games he signs up for and absurd revolver recently so this game will be difficult for town

Yeah, I've been pretty awful lately.

I do intend to play this game fully and completely, as well as the others I'm in, but right now I'm caught up in a lot of stuff, and I joined because I said I would and also I got a great role so I'm not going to just drop out.

I have some reads, but they're not great, and I need some time to write them up, time I don't have at this very moment.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Mr. F, but it's "most" out of some meh. I don't know why someone wanting to be lynched would a scum move, but it's just a weird thing to do on day 1.

Anaconda Rifle posted:

And Infinitum based on their vote. The levels of suspicion are just so low right now that they might as well be noise.

This is a bad pair, especially since he was giving Infinitum a pass for voting for Mr. F out the gate. Anaconda is hardcore playing both sides of the argument to see which gains traction right now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This is a fairly content-lite thread, largely due to Shine as others have mentioned. Also, people are hinting at having fairly neat abilities so they might be playing more cautiously in hopes of getting a chance to use them.

This may turn into a game of "night-action mafia" but we still have to do our best to judge everyone's play and pick the best lynch, given that the deadline is tonight.

Getting scum Tobbs vibes from this but I can't remember which game it was he played like a play-by-play broadcaster for the mafia game. Was that one where I pushed him as scum when he was town or was he actually scum?

I play too much mafia.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

for lack of anything better I guess I'd go with moat and vote for imgay as it's highly unlikely imgay will contribute in any way

Comes out hard saying my case is crap, drops his suspicion of me immediately for lurkers. Explain why I'm suddenly off your list, stickup.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Town or scum, it's low participation across the board. It may not help as in "scum hunting", but it will eliminate any later doubts about imgay's alignment if we wind up in lylo with imgay alive.

unless you can come up with something better (I'm all ears, seriously), I'll probably vote imgay before going to bed. otherwise reference gotta go fast, where imgay's defining post was "killll meee"

This argument is insufferable and fake fake fake fake fake.

I can't understand "unless you come up with something better" when you literally called me out for creating fake content. Wouldn't that be at the top of your list rather than some apathy "meh" case? What the actual gently caress?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I did more reading of imgay in other threads, and he declares night action results and he votes. Yeah, he's not very verbose, but lynching someone because "He's generally not very engaged when he plays" doesn't seem like a very good reason.

If he's town, isn't there a chance he'll soak a night kill? I shouldn't ride people too hard for making meta cases because I fall into that trap myself, but I generally do it based on how people are playing, not the kind of player someone is.

I agree on some points, in that imgay is practically impossible to read because of his low-content posts, but is he our best D1 lynch?

This is a very hedgey post that says nothing and as a conclusion puts the onus of a decision on literally anyone but himself.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

other ppl who dont play mafia are harold krell and peramene and quidnose in half of the games he signs up for and absurd revolver recently so this game will be difficult for town

Did you just name everyone who isn't on your scumteam? This is a hella weird post.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This is a stickup the most scummy, Tobbs being weird, dongs being insufferably annoying.

Podima probably town although he always pings me as scum for some reason :v:

Anaconda is a little weird but I think that's newbie-ness not scumminess.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Quidthulhu posted:

Did you just name everyone who isn't on your scumteam? This is a hella weird post.

iunno did i

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

insanely bad post quit while youre ahead

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

This is a bad pair, especially since he was giving Infinitum a pass for voting for Mr. F out the gate. Anaconda is hardcore playing both sides of the argument to see which gains traction right now.

It's good to have you back Quid :)

I think stickup is Australian or something (was scum with him in pmush's game) so checking out is legit, but I'm not buying the imgay push/reasoning at all.

It's rough having suspicion of Australians with an evening deadline though, a lot of action might go down while they are legit asleep. I'll have to re-read these guys (not a lot of work) but keep that in mind and don't turbo.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The options for Mr. F, in likelihood of their happening:

1. Mags being bored town and claiming a fake role to get crap going
2. Mags being bored town and claiming his actual role
3. Mags being bored scum and pulling a gambit that will get him dunked D2.

Inf should know this so I do agree it's odd that he went after him out the bat.

Which makes it even more odd that in the face of:

1. Inf being strange
2. My presenting an argument that Stick finds to be totally fake

Stick goes for imgay. ??????

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

insanely bad post quit while youre ahead

i liked you better when you were playing mafia instead of just crapping in threads you are and aren't playing in

someone do everyone a favor and use a vig on this idiot

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Quidthulhu posted:

How you get that I'm hardcore anything is beyond me. I'm definitely hedging because I don't want to make any mistakes, and there's no concrete information yet.

I've played mafia 3 or 4 times in the last 7 years. I do play Secret Hitler and One Night Ultimate with my gaming groups, and that's probably what's influencing my play here right now. I tend to go all in early in those games (with poor results), but now I have a chance in a game I almost never play to be more careful.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i liked you never cuz youre garbage

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's good to have you back Quid :)

I think stickup is Australian or something (was scum with him in pmush's game) so checking out is legit, but I'm not buying the imgay push/reasoning at all.

It's rough having suspicion of Australians with an evening deadline though, a lot of action might go down while they are legit asleep. I'll have to re-read these guys (not a lot of work) but keep that in mind and don't turbo.

Tobbs this is yet another post you are making that says absolutely nothing, bruh.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Anaconda Rifle posted:

How you get that I'm hardcore anything is beyond me. I'm definitely hedging because I don't want to make any mistakes, and there's no concrete information yet.

I've played mafia 3 or 4 times in the last 7 years. I do play Secret Hitler and One Night Ultimate with my gaming groups, and that's probably what's influencing my play here right now. I tend to go all in early in those games (with poor results), but now I have a chance in a game I almost never play to be more careful.

And that's why I think you're town, not scum. You seem more concerned with being considered not crap rather than not scum, and that speaks to a town mindset more than someone playing close to their sleeve to keep information from us. You're being very free with your opinion about crap even if it is hedgey, reads town to me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Read stickup, has no read on any player but throws a vote on imgay not really caring about his alignment, but rather due to a meta read based on his play across games.

Like I said, he is Australian so we shouldn't turbo if others think it's a good case, but this is where my vote is going.

##vote stickup

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Tobbs

NOPE.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Tobbs

NOPE.

Lol, I really did miss playing with you Quid.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I did more reading of imgay in other threads, and he declares night action results and he votes. Yeah, he's not very verbose, but lynching someone because "He's generally not very engaged when he plays" doesn't seem like a very good reason.

If he's town, isn't there a chance he'll soak a night kill? I shouldn't ride people too hard for making meta cases because I fall into that trap myself, but I generally do it based on how people are playing, not the kind of player someone is.

I agree on some points, in that imgay is practically impossible to read because of his low-content posts, but is he our best D1 lynch?

Notice how this post is a softcallout on Stickup but never addresses him by name and at the same time doesn't present an opinion at all on one side or the other of this issue. It seems like it is, but it isn't.

Even more strangely, it's also addressed to Podima, not stickup, but seems to be throwing shade at the poster of the quote, when Podima is actually calling out the imgay vote as being bad. It's a weird freaking post.

Then he is making a huge deal out of not turboing people as if that's something that's going to happen with him being the what, third vote on Stickup?

The entire thing is incredibly weird and definitely not town Tobbs.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i like that case Quid.

sorry i haven't done more, my posting qi is totally depleted

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

Notice how this post is a softcallout on Stickup but never addresses him by name and at the same time doesn't present an opinion at all on one side or the other of this issue. It seems like it is, but it isn't.

Even more strangely, it's also addressed to Podima, not stickup, but seems to be throwing shade at the poster of the quote, when Podima is actually calling out the imgay vote as being bad. It's a weird freaking post.

Then he is making a huge deal out of not turboing people as if that's something that's going to happen with him being the what, third vote on Stickup?

The entire thing is incredibly weird and definitely not town Tobbs.

Like you, I agree that Podima is at the very least playing a smart game. I find myself agreeing with him on some of the points he's making.

I decided to give stickup a chance to re-think his lovely, scummy case. And yeah, I was quoting Podima while referencing stickup's statements.

What did stickup do? Ignored the fact that imgay could be an active, voting participant and threw down his lovely vote regardless.

Podima gave stickup poo poo for "disappearing" and I felt that stickup being Australian was relevant despite me thinking he's scum. He should still get a chance to defend himself.

I find it odd that you couldn't tease that out Quid. This looks like your town game to me and you're usually pretty perceptive.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Like you, I agree that Podima is at the very least playing a smart game. I find myself agreeing with him on some of the points he's making.

Buddying.

quote:

I decided to give stickup a chance to re-think his lovely, scummy case. And yeah, I was quoting Podima while referencing stickup's statements.

What did stickup do? Ignored the fact that imgay could be an active, voting participant and threw down his lovely vote regardless.

This is a retroactive justification for a fuckup. There is no way you think in the moment "I will respond to Podima in order to case stickup, and he will realize the error of his ways without me addressing him directly." That's backwards as hell.

quote:

Podima gave stickup poo poo for "disappearing" and I felt that stickup being Australian was relevant despite me thinking he's scum. He should still get a chance to defend himself.

Hedging.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Dude, I know you really, really like to believe that you're right once you have an idea. I get it.

But I don't want to lynch town. There are people like infinitum who recklessly cast lovely votes and you can say yeah, that was a scummy vote.

Stickup wasn't there yet. But, after people telling him why his idea was bad, he still wants imgay dead for all the wrong reasons. He's scum, Quid.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Show me where I did this.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

if no one else has anything to say for now then I'll ##vote imgay

I'll check the thread again right before I sleep (probably) and when I wake up

Podima posted:

This is weak and scummy as hell. All this discussion and that's the most you can put out? ##vote this is a stickup

Sorry if this was a misinterpretation, you quoted the whole post.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Dude, I know you really, really like to believe that you're right once you have an idea. I get it.

But I don't want to lynch town. There are people like infinitum who recklessly cast lovely votes and you can say yeah, that was a scummy vote.

Stickup wasn't there yet. But, after people telling him why his idea was bad, he still wants imgay dead for all the wrong reasons. He's scum, Quid.

Oh I definitely think he's still scum. I think you hosed up a light bus.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

Oh I definitely think he's still scum. I think you hosed up a light bus.

You're an odd duck, Quid.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Sorry if this was a misinterpretation, you quoted the whole post.

Fair enough, but I mean I even said this very soon after:

Podima posted:

Nice re-framing. I don't care that you're going to sleep, I care that the best you can apparently settle on is a lurker policy vote based on one game. If anything, you come off looking worse because you're not using this game for your frame of reference - so you don't actually care what imgay's alignment is here.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I kinda get the logic why Stickup might be maf but I don't see why a maf would do something so risky, bringing themselves attention like this. I'm more suspicious of people who are lurking right now, in my opinion, aka AR, AR2, AA, HK etc.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ah, good point. Yeah, I still had the original reply in my head when I made that comment. Not fair to you given the subsequent statement, really.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Catching up (Wow a whole 50 posts. Slow down there fellas. We're approaching Shine 3 speed :v:)

I would vote for inf due to these two posts. Inf doesn't strike me as someone who would need to ask about procedure for jesters, that just feels fake imo.

I have never played in a game with a Jester, thus do not know the procedure.
Asking a question =/= scummy behaviour.

-------------------------------------------

As many have also picked up on, Stickup is pinging me somewhat as trying to find a foothold to latch onto with the way he is posing questions and making assumptions.

-------------------------------------------

Latest page between Quid, Tobbs and Pod is interesting.
I'd say Tobbs comes out looking the worst for it.

If push came to shove I would lean scum on Tobbs.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quidnose participating for once? What is the world coming to..

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Quidnose participating for once? What is the world coming to..

This is the Quid I remember :)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I play all the time, you guys are dumb. I just had a great game as scum in Somber's last game.

I can be really hit or miss in big games because they move way too fast for me to do my rereads and I get pretty meh about re-engaging if I miss early game, which I frequently do.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yeah i think attempts to meta quid are silly. he's a solid player, end of story.

i'm trying to read this thread but i had a pretty bad asthmatic episode last night and i'm loopy at work from lack of sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

I play all the time, you guys are dumb. I just had a great game as scum in Somber's last game.

I can be really hit or miss in big games because they move way too fast for me to do my rereads and I get pretty meh about re-engaging if I miss early game, which I frequently do.

Don't want to comment too much about ongoing games, but I was disappointed that I didn't get to see you post in Shine.

• Locked thread