Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

MOTYC: NJPW Road to Power Struggle 10/21 The Young Bucks vs ACH & Ishimori.
Felt it was a step above an HM. God drat that match ruled.

I'll say HM, just because the Bucks have had a few better matches this year. It was insanely good tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate: Gate of Victory 10/2
HM: Akira Tozawa, BxB Hulk, YAMATO vs Shingo Takagi, Naruki Doi, "brother" YASHI
Another Dragon Gate trios match that if it had been PWG or WWE or New Japan would have 20 people claiming MOTYC. HM only because it wasn't a big stakes match and was more of a set-up for the Gate of Destiny main event.

MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship - Eita & Dragon Kid vs Jimmy Susumu an Jimmy KAGETORA
Fully realized the potential shown in their match at the Summer Adventure Tag League semi-finals.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate: Gate of Victory 10/12

MOTYC: Monster Express vs. Verserk, 5 vs. 4 Loser Revives Captains Fall Elimination Unit Disbands Match - Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa, Big R Shimizu, Shachihoko BOY vs. Shingo Takagi, Naruki Doi, “brother” YASSHI, T-Hawk, Cyber Kong

In the first ten minutes i was wondering why this wasnt just an elimination match, but they drew me into the back and forth ebb and flow of the match rules and the 37 minutes just flew by. Add in The Passion of the Tozawa, top notch heeling from Shingo and T-Hawk, the post match shenninagans and emotions, and the fact that the crowd was eating every single thing up and this honestly surpasses both the Dia.HEARTS disbands match and the DoA cage match for my favorite match of 2016 so far.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
MOTYC: Daisuke Sasaki (c) vs Konosuke Takeshita, KO-D Openweight Title 5/29/16

Really good heeling by Sasaki in this, and Takeshita did a great job selling, as well as some cool offence. Great finishing sequence, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMRHGT7jsig

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 25, 2016

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Some more old-rear end indy picks.

HM: The Young Bucks vs. Death by Elbow - PWG 7/29
HM: Team Fire Ant vs. Team Hallowicked (there are 14 guys in this match I'm not writing it all out) -CHIKARA 8/21
MOTYC: Kimber Lee vs. Heidi Lovelace - CHIKARA 8/21

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

HM: Roman Reigns vs. Rusev (Hell In A Cell), WWE Hell In A Cell 10/30

This was a fun match. Rusev carried Roman for a lot of it, but at least they told a nice story.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i agree with the hm but i dont think Four Star Roman needs any carrying tyvm

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Seconded but these matches have been below Roman's PPV average so Rusev needs to stop dragging Roman to his level.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

HM: Kevin Owens vs Seth Rollins - 10/30 WWE Hell in a Cell

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Venomous posted:

HM: Roman Reigns vs. Rusev (Hell In A Cell), WWE Hell In A Cell 10/30

This was a fun match. Rusev carried Roman for a lot of it, but at least they told a nice story.

Cardboard Box posted:

HM: Kevin Owens vs Seth Rollins - 10/30 WWE Hell in a Cell

Yes

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
MOTY Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks Hell in a Cell 2016

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

it was probably the worst hiac match on the show

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cardboard Box posted:

it was probably the worst hiac match on the show

No probablies about it. The first 20 minutes were meandering and flat out boring at times and the finish got hosed up.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

No probablies about it. The first 20 minutes were meandering and flat out boring at times and the finish got hosed up.

DID it? What was supposed to happen?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What else could have happened?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'll move for an HM. The start was poorly booked and the finish rushed, but I can't not recognize the work both women did. That looked like a fight, like a brutal confrontation between two people who utterly despise each other. It was what a HIAC match should be.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I assume they wanted to break the table but maybe they just wanted to roll her on the table twice and have Charlotte do her move. I'm willing to go with it either being botched or bad.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

they should have done a powerbomb to tie back to the earlier spot in the match and also because they teased doing one moments earlier

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'd imagine it was a botch and I'm sure they were both scared shitless to audible the finish given the circumstances.

Charlotte should've reset the table after the first toss to do what I assume was the planned finish.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HM: Tetsuya Endo vs HARASHIMA, DDT Pro Dramatic Special, 10/23

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

NienNunb posted:

HM: Tetsuya Endo vs HARASHIMA, DDT Pro Dramatic Special, 10/23

Second

HM: Shuji Ishikawa vs Danshoku Dino - DDT Dramatic Special 10/23

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Second

HM: Shuji Ishikawa vs Danshoku Dino - DDT Dramatic Special 10/23

Nth

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The crowd could have reacted at all to Charlotte winning.

That would have been a start.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

The crowd could have reacted at all to Charlotte winning.

That would have been a start.

Why on Earth would they?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Why on Earth would they?

Because it was the main event and Sasha was the hometown girl.

The didn't even bother to boo Charlotte because it was just tediously predictable she'd win.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

spudsbuckley posted:

The didn't even bother to boo Charlotte because it was just tediously predictable she'd win.

They didn't bother to boo Charlotte because the first 2/3rds of the match was awful, boring overselling of a back injury that killed all the heat that had been overflowing mere minutes earlier, and because the ending was a sudden anti-climatic joke.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

I guess they didn't read their notes?

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
HM: Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs. Kazuchika Okada, Will Ospreay & Gedo (NJPW 10/30)

Upon reflection, I enjoyed this throwaway six-man on a NJPW Korakuen show more than any of the HiaC matches.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

HM: Mike Bailey and Dick Togo vs Tetsuya Endo and Daisuke Sasaki - DDT Peter Pan 8/28
HM: Konosuke Takeshita vs Shuji Ishikawa - DDT Peter Pan 8/28

From forever ago but I remembered I loved these matches and was sad to see them not get their due, so Nth

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Woah how did i miss that dick togo/ speedball tag match.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

oatgan posted:

HM: Mike Bailey and Dick Togo vs Tetsuya Endo and Daisuke Sasaki - DDT Peter Pan 8/28

nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dick Togo is still really great.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

HM: Akira Tozawa, BxB Hulk, YAMATO vs Shingo Takagi, Naruki Doi, "brother" YASHI

MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship - Eita & Dragon Kid vs Jimmy Susumu an Jimmy KAGETORA

MOTYC: Monster Express vs. Verserk, 5 vs. 4 Loser Revives Captains Fall Elimination Unit Disbands Match - Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa, Big R Shimizu, Shachihoko BOY vs. Shingo Takagi, Naruki Doi, “brother” YASSHI, T-Hawk, Cyber Kong
Catching up with the last month. Nth all 3 of these, and I'll also add:

HM: Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO/BxB Hulk/Flamita) vs Jimmyz (Saito/Kagetora/Susumu) - Dragon Gate: Gate of Victory 10/12

6 really talented guys just wrestling circles around each other nonstop for nearly 20 minutes. For a while after his injury Hulk was working a slower style, but he's clearly 100% again. Hilarious running gag early in the match with biting someone's hand through multiple tags, and a great finishing sequence.

Haven't watched the 11/3 Gate of Destiny yet but the card looks stacked as hell, so I'll probably have a bunch for that one too.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Nominations from NJPW Power Struggle on 11/5

HM - GoD vs. Ishii & Yoshi-Hashi - Excellent crowd heat with some really fun moments. Can't remember that last time an IWGP Heavyweight Tag Title match was my favorite match on a show.
HM - Tanahashi vs. Sanada - Built really well to a hot finish. Kind of a "never in doubt" match but still nicely worked.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Catching up with the last month. Nth all 3 of these, and I'll also add:

HM: Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO/BxB Hulk/Flamita) vs Jimmyz (Saito/Kagetora/Susumu) - Dragon Gate: Gate of Victory 10/12

6 really talented guys just wrestling circles around each other nonstop for nearly 20 minutes. For a while after his injury Hulk was working a slower style, but he's clearly 100% again. Hilarious running gag early in the match with biting someone's hand through multiple tags, and a great finishing sequence.

Haven't watched the 11/3 Gate of Destiny yet but the card looks stacked as hell, so I'll probably have a bunch for that one too.

Speaking of!

Dragon Gate: Gate of Destiny, 11/3

MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship - CIMA and Dragon Kid vs. Jimmy Susumu and Jimmy KAGETORA

Might be the best tag match I've seen all year. Dragon Kid has been straight fire since the Summer Adventure Tag League, and basically steals the entire night with his performance in this match. loving wonderful. Also this match made Senor Lariato mad on twitter so that's pretty funny.

HM: Team Tozawa Akira Final Special 6 Man Tag Team Match - Shingo Takagi, YAMATO, BxB Hulk vs. Akira Tozawa, Masato Yoshino, Naruki Doi

Debating between HM and MOTYC, but I went with an HM because the actual work of the match was mostly just guys getting their poo poo in and hitting their spots. But the character work was top notch, with all six men putting in great work and advancing storylines for a post-Tozawa Dragon Gate. Shingo proved he was the best heel in the world in this match.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

HM: Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch, Smackdown 11/8/16

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

TV Zombie posted:

Second

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

TV Zombie posted:

Third

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Come on, really? It was a fine match but wasn't anywhere near "just shy of a MOTYC"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
HM: Mil Muertes vs Prince Puma, Grave Consequences (Lucha Underground 11/09/2016) - goofy, violent fun.

• Locked thread