Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Well another time vortex and now here's the high priest of stilt just chilling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

resistentialism posted:

Well another time vortex and now here's the high priest of stilt just chilling.

Move him over a campfire and take his stuff.

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006
New player Q's:

-Is there a way to see the remaining duration of a salve/tonic?

-Why is every weapon in my inventory rusting?! Is it the Qudzu?
edit: yea, it's the loving qudzu.

Pr0phecy fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 26, 2016

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Pr0phecy posted:

New player Q's:

-Is there a way to see the remaining duration of a salve/tonic?

-Why is every weapon in my inventory rusting?! Is it the Qudzu?
edit: yea, it's the loving qudzu.

I started playing CoQ back when the qudzu was bugged not to rust things and never understood the fuss about them - they were annoying, sure, but they weren't that annoying...

Then a bugfix hit. And all of my daggers were rusted before my very eyes. :negative:

MostlyLucid
Mar 1, 2007
I must have missed the class on safe-handling of Neutron Flux in oxygen rich environments.
Apparently beguiling or attacking alchemist carrying neutron flux causes it to detonate, annihilating everything in sight and resulting in this:

World Seed EAF4A0E6 on level 8 of bethesda susa

On further investigation, I'm now concerned I was killed by a phial of explosive ejaculate.

At least it is a change from dying to lurking beths

MostlyLucid fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 27, 2016

Breadbox
Nov 8, 2007

I support party wipes.

MostlyLucid posted:

I must have missed the class on safe-handling of Neutron Flux in oxygen rich environments.
Apparently beguiling or attacking alchemist carrying neutron flux causes it to detonate, annihilating everything in sight and resulting in this:

On further investigation, I'm now concerned I was killed by a phial of explosive ejaculate.

Haha, you got hosed. That death message + the Qud setting made me think of Book of the New Sun. It is really cool book.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that, though. I don't think I've had anything in my inventory detonate, yet. Just things ruined by wading through various pools of ooze.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

MostlyLucid posted:

Wow. I remember seeing the alchemist randomly explode when I was there too, but I guess I was far enough away to not die horribly.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

when the array of fabulous critters attack the alchemist, he will drop a dram of fluid of what he was holding at the time, and yes, neutron flux is one of those!

I had to wait for the other side of the floor to finish exploding for 5 minutes when I saw that happen, thank goodness for 2D physics models, I'd hate to see how long it'd take to accurately model what's essentially a localized reverse black hole between multiple floors.

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 28, 2016

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I think wine slimes crash the game or something? Can't get very far into the new quest.

Pages and pages of this in the output log

quote:

ERROR:Exception during turn it's also automatically on clipboard so just paste into IM or e-mail to support@freeholdentertainment.com: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,XRL.World.Statistic].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.Liquids.LiquidWine.Drank (XRL.World.Parts.LiquidVolume Liquid, Int32 Volume, XRL.World.GameObject Target, System.Text.StringBuilder Message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.World.Parts.DrunkOnHit.FireEvent (XRL.World.Event E) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.World.GameObject.FireEvent (XRL.World.Event E) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.World.Parts.Combat.FireEvent (XRL.World.Event E) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.World.GameObject.FireEvent (XRL.World.Event E) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.World.Parts.Combat.FireEvent (XRL.World.Event E) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.World.AI.GoalHandlers.Kill.TakeAction () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.World.Parts.Brain.FireEvent (XRL.World.Event E) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at XRL.Core.ActionManager.RunSegment () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

resistentialism posted:

I think wine slimes crash the game or something? Can't get very far into the new quest.

Pages and pages of this in the output log

Ah thanks for the report I'll fix it for Friday.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
  • We refactored the population of ruins maps.
    • Tweaked the baseline populations of underground ruins to be slightly more challenging.
    • Ruins now include a variety of special encounters found in underground caves.
    • Underground ruins no longer have the same flora as surface ruins.
  • We did some work on the new UI.
    • Added a multiple choice dialog.
    • Added buttons for increasing and decreasing the message log font size.
    • Fixed some missing ASCII character mappings.
    • Fixed some popup menus overflowing the screen.

• Reduced the number of mutation points granted by the Amphibious defect from 4 to 3.
  • Fixed a big bug with movespeed calculation. Getting your movespeed above 100 now properly makes you move faster.
  • Things with brains no longer catch on fire when standing in the same tile as a campfire.
  • Let's say you mentally dominate a baboon, level up, and want to buy some skills for your baboon friend/thrall. Previously, based on the way NPC attributes were calculated, sometimes you couldn't purchase the skill even if your thrall had the prerequisite attributes. Now you can.
  • Tusks are no longer a substitute for horns. After all, tusks are teeth.
  • 1-point mutationts are no longer included in the choices when you buy a mutation.
  • When you buy a new mutation, exclusions defined in mods are now properly respected.
  • Creatures no longer fail to equip their natural weapons, like claws and bites, when they're stuck in webs or sticky liquids.
  • The special event in the A Call to Arms quest no longer resets when you save and load in the middle of it.
  • Added a downward staircase to the center-right of the Barathrumite enclave in Grit Gate. These stairs let you descend through Barathrum's study level to the underlevels of Grit Gate.
  • Renamed the fungal jungle to The Rainbow Wood in the sidebar and message log.
  • Added salt pool and asphalt pool objects. Their absence was causing [empty] liquids to appear.
  • Fixed an issue with displaying of Warden Indrix's dialog.
  • Fixed an exception with arconaut and Mechanimist pilgrim shopping behavior.
  • Fixed a bug with domination that was causing maps to be remain and memory, leading to a slow but crushing memory leak.
  • Fixed a rare exception during light rendering.
  • Fixed a formatting issue with the opening Joppa story.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Unormal posted:

• Tusks are no longer a substitute for horns. After all, tusks are teeth.

New tusk mutation confirmed?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Using a skulk injector knocked my flaming hands into my inventory when it tried to give me burrowing claws.

oh I'm on previous version though

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 30, 2016

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
Brian is out of town for a week starting tomorrow, so there will be no patch next week, and we're posting this week's patch today. In the mean time, Jason will be working on our next feature arc, procedural histories for the Eater-Sultans of Qud! More info to come.

• We fixed portable wall and changed how it works.
    • Portable wall is now a consumable item that creates 9 contiguous wall tiles in a pattern of your choosing.
    • Added a description to portable wall.
    • Added a new wall type: foamcrete.
  • In rusty biomes, qudzu now tend to cluster on walls, where they can.
  • New UI: multiple-choice dialogs and popups are now navigable via the keyboard or gamepad.
  • New UI: multiple-choice dialogs now respect hotkeys.
  • Player names are now trimmed of whitespace. This means typing 'space' and pressing 'Enter' while naming your character now gives your character a random name.
  • We made a few tweaks to the process of curing fungal infections.
    • Leech corpses and bloated leech corpses now have distinct display names. This change means it's now clear which corpse is required for the fungal cure, hopefully eliminating the specific frustration of thinking you've cured your infection when you really haven't.
    • Salt kraken corpses and worm of the earth corpses are no longer included as possible fungal cure components.
  • We tweaked the position of the stairwell leading to the lower levels of Grit Gate again. We removed the stairwell added last week, and made the old stairwell in the upper-right corner of the map accessible once you complete the quest 'More Than a Willing Spirit'.
  • Tinkers now start with freshwater.
  • The empty glass bottles sold by ichor merchants now properly store liquids.
  • Fixed a broken sand dune tile on the world map.
  • Fixed an issue with creature pathing when phased.
  • The water baron lobby has won a great victory: you can no longer net extra water by pouring water into a pool of more water.
  • Fixed some weird interactions between bleeding and player mods, including an issue causing the bleeding effect to stack multiple times.
  • Fixed the 'time-dilated' status effect from appearing multiple times in status descriptions.
  • Updated the copyright date.
  • Anthro and phytopologists of Qud are beginning to gain insight into the lives of the Sultans, Eaters who ruled Qud ages ago. Cultural artifacts have revealed factoids such as this one:
    • "Near the location of Canontau, Yyroq Mon Mad was captured by bandits. He murdered their leader by writing him out of the annals of history, and was thenceforth known as Inkshouter."

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Unormal posted:

• Player names are now trimmed of whitespace. This means typing 'space' and pressing 'Enter' while naming your character now gives your character a random name.

I love random player names & fully support this feature.

quote:

• Updated the copyright date.

Just in time!

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

What's a fun esper build if I think keeping a pet is kinda tedious?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

resistentialism posted:

There's always the Light Manipulation / Sunder Mind / Temporal Fugue psychic laser death rave. Go ridiculous high ego and you'll not really need to upgrade your mutations, so you can spend your points on getting new powers.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Unormal posted:

• "Near the location of Canontau, Yyroq Mon Mad was captured by bandits. He murdered their leader by writing him out of the annals of history, and was thenceforth known as Inkshouter."
[/list]

Well that's :black101: as gently caress

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

resistentialism posted:

One halfway decent attack (like light manipulation) and then all the rest in unstable genome has never not been a fun ride for me.

edit: also the shear amount of options you end up getting in this build usually means you can just tank your willpower and take mental mirror at the start aswell. make sure you have decent agility for guns incase it takes forever to grow new skills.

Clever Spambot fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 4, 2016

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Clever Spambot posted:

One halfway decent attack (like light manipulation) and then all the rest in unstable genome has never not been a fun ride for me.

edit: also the shear amount of options you end up getting in this build usually means you can just tank your willpower and take mental mirror at the start aswell. make sure you have decent agility for guns incase it takes forever to grow new skills.

Guns/short blades , if you can afford to bump your agi to a high enough level for shank. Otherwise I definitely recommend a good int score so you can make a prayer rod eventually and deal a fair amount of damage regardless (or learn how to make vibro blades/knives, which are good as well).

Be sure to take evil twin as well for maximum psychic shenanigans.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Taking Evil Twin on a psychic laser death raver will definitely kill the dickens out of you eventually, but it'll be a hell of a ride until it does. I had one very high-level psychic laser death raver with Evil Twin that had mutated both Clairvoyance and Teleportation, so every once in a while like eight evil twins would just descend from the goddamn heavens at melee range and start making GBS threads lasers and mind punches everywhere the exact instant I loaded in to a new map tile.

e: I usually summoned my own twins and teleported away because gently caress that

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 4, 2016

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
Evil Twin is basically when you want the game to turn into Resident Evil: Nemesis.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.
Things I should've realized earlier: never take Burgeoning on a Temporal Fugue user.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Ego based skill ideas:

Synchronization (tactics, 19 ego): Your interpersonal coordination gives friendly beings a DV bonus equal to your Ego modifier when trying to dodge your ranged attacks, unless you are purposefully aiming at them.

Openhanded (persuasion, 27 ego): You can gift the excess value of a trade to improve your standing with the other trader's faction and their allies. The reputation increase is based on the value of the gift and more effective if the trader is considered a famous person.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Pumpkinreaper posted:

Well that's :black101: as gently caress

That's some King of Dragon Pass poo poo right there.

TheKnife
Jan 24, 2009

Benly posted:

Things I should've realized earlier: never take Burgeoning on a Temporal Fugue user.

That sounds like it should be the best combination, why isn't it?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Whenever I run into a unique with burgeoning it seems inevitable that they will aggro their entire posse with friendly fire.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

TheKnife posted:

That sounds like it should be the best combination, why isn't it?

Your timeclones' summons aren't friendly to you.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Benly posted:

Not to mention your screen is filled with garbage you now need to cut through.

edit: Also qudzu.

TheKnife
Jan 24, 2009

Benly posted:

That sounds like a bug that should be fixed, along with nested domination/proselytizing

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

However, I have discovered that pyrokinesis on a Temporal Fuguer is completely amazing, if by "amazing" you mean "turn Bethesda Susa into lava".

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Benly posted:

However, I have discovered that pyrokinesis on a Temporal Fuguer is completely amazing, if by "amazing" you mean "turn Bethesda Susa into lava".

I prefer turning The Swilling Vast into a freezer.

hand of luke
Oct 17, 2005

Mmmhmm, yes. I suppose I will attend your ball. Someone must class up the affair, musn't he?

VolticSurge posted:

That's some King of Dragon Pass poo poo right there.

So, so much more of this is coming.
Imagine something like: you find an engraved axe depicting Yyroq Mon Mad's capture at Canontau and record it in your journal, you find Canontau in game (where it's been procedurally added as a result of the history). There you find a sect of apes who worship Yyroq Mon Mad and trade lore with their leader, who tells you about Yyroq's buried treasures in the Irquppur Ellipsoid, a ruined cavern under Qud. So you go about finding it.

We're hoping to get descriptions of this and other feature arcs up on our site at some point.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
loving YEAH

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

What's the ungodly 70 pound "blast cannon" ->16 1d10 and what do I even load into it? Not a cell, not slugs, not a missile. Wonder if it shoots boulders or something.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

resistentialism posted:

What's the ungodly 70 pound "blast cannon" ->16 1d10 and what do I even load into it? Not a cell, not slugs, not a missile. Wonder if it shoots boulders or something.

Blast Cannon is the Leering Stalker's weapon and you shouldn't have it. It uses no ammo to inaccurately fire 2 explosives that act like the stunning force mutation.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Ah. Showed up on a mangled corpse, iirc. At underground lvl 20

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
So I got Klanq from an NPC named simply {creature} Is this a bug, or how the new procedural quest is supposed to start?

Klanq's not a bad disease. +int from each part.

hand of luke
Oct 17, 2005

Mmmhmm, yes. I suppose I will attend your ball. Someone must class up the affair, musn't he?

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

So I got Klanq from an NPC named simply {creature} Is this a bug, or how the new procedural quest is supposed to start?

Klanq's not a bad disease. +int from each part.

That doesn't sound particularly right. Where did that happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
It was underground, I was taking the underwater tunnel back from Red Rock.

The {creature} had a few options. One was to take the quest to spread klanq. One was to choose the bodypart to infect with klanq. The last was goodbye. I think the creature was a part of those ... gosh, I can't remember the names, but the religious npc's that spawn in groups sometime randomly. Anyways, I'd have kept a save if I knew it was a bug, but I had just read about the procedural quest, so I just kind of shrugged. The NPC also was using the random text for it's text, so it'd just spout random book words or talk about random help topic stuff.