Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Phy posted:

Does he live in a Jar Jonah Jameson?

A picture of a plucked chicken in the Daily Bugle with the caption "Behold! The Spiderman!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

"If I were not Alexander, I would wish to be Jameson."

"If I were not Jameson, I would also wish to be Jameson."

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Parker! Get out of my sunlight!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Starr. .Jonah is still holding the lamp. I think he can still beat you to death

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the lamp was actually a fancy recorder the whole time. jjj's got egghead right where he wants him

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

....I just want to see Jonah beat a fat man to death with a lamp. Is that too much to ask?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Starr. .Jonah is still holding the lamp. I think he can still beat you to death

Probably not in front of three super heroes. But on the other hand it's probably not a great idea to admit to murder in front of four witnesses, even if two of them do have secret identities to protect. Also, he's also definitely going to jail for kidnapping and shrinking Pym.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

And all the attempted murder

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tiggum posted:

Probably not in front of three super heroes. But on the other hand it's probably not a great idea to admit to murder in front of four witnesses, even if two of them do have secret identities to protect. Also, he's also definitely going to jail for kidnapping and shrinking Pym.

Spidey will testify against him on the grounds of "I'm Spider-Man, why would I lie" and Jameson will be forced to defend his cousin's killer with attack articles against the webbed menace's miscarriage of justice.

The whole thing will take two years.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Good a reason as any to bring in Murdock.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

He's looking for an honest Spiderman.

Well, that's a Cynical way to look at it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

mind the walrus posted:

Good a reason as any to bring in Murdock.

Hmm, so he'd be some kind of "Newspaper Daredevil," eh?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dudes who rag on a lady's jawline are the worst. Like we get it, you're insecure about your chin.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Preach it!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I hope this all goes to Court, and we get something similar to this again

(She-Hulk Vol. 1 #4)

(Except since it's Newspaper Spider-Man, he won't tell the court that he's only joking)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Only if u fuckin snitch on him Spidey, be cool

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Spidey, are you suggesting that they'd shove Egghead's corpse in the cell with Jonah? He is talking about murdering him. How many bricks to the head have you taken?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mover posted:

Only if u fuckin snitch on him Spidey, be cool

For some reason this absolutely cracked me up :)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd be ok with Spider-Man and Jameson burying the hatchet with a murder secret.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Tiggum posted:

The most reasonable solution was the right one, who would've guessed!

But how did Spidey teach Instant Transmission to his cameras?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
JJJ should just go Schillinger on him.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That second panel is loving me up

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Synthbuttrange posted:

i think those are meant to be shadows on the ceiling under his feet but they kind of look like speed lines

not sure why he's chucking a shaka though

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Spidey, are you suggesting that they'd shove Egghead's corpse in the cell with Jonah? He is talking about murdering him. How many bricks to the head have you taken?
He's high on bug spray don't shame

Synthbuttrange posted:

He's high on bug spray don't shame

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

quite stretched out posted:

not sure why he's chucking a shaka though

He clearly just webbed that camera in place while he was talking.

That's how delayed action works, right?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

"Wait a minute I'm rich, white, and a motherfucking Jameson!"

*kicks in egg guys head*

*faces zero legal consequences*

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
No, it was a life model decoy! I, J Jonah Jameson, would never commit such a deed! Clearly this is Spidermans fault!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mycroft Holmes posted:

No, it was a life model decoy! I, J Jonah Jameson, would never commit such a deed! Clearly this is Spidermans fault!

"You've got two vigilantes who won't even reveal their identities and one former-vigilante saying I killed him, but who are you going to believe? Those secretive lawbreakers, or me, respected publisher of a major newspaper, former television host and crusader for justice? I've been telling you for years that Spider-Man's a dangerous criminal!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pym: Yeah you realize you just confessed to murder in front of four witnesses, right?
Starr: Oh right... :sweatdrop:

Between this and,"That spider ALSO has the proportionate strength of a spider.... :doh:", I'm really digging Hank Pym: Only smart man in the Newspaper Spider-Man Universe.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

"...the rest of your natural life" should probably have been "...the rest of your natural life" cuz you just know he's going to die and return as a ghost.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So doesn't Spidey admitting to having a camera basically blow apart his secret identity?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Question IRL posted:

So doesn't Spidey admitting to having a camera basically blow apart his secret identity?

Nah, plenty of people have cameras. Now, if he tries to sell those specific shots somewhere as Peter Parker, maybe?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Newspaper Petey would be dumb enough to try it too.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jonah is distracted by bloodlust and the engorged pride of having beaten an ordinary civilian before Spider-Man could. It's fine.

"Of course you managed to capture the photos from inside the room Parker. You'd have to be there for my big moment. I must not have seen you."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Nah, plenty of people have cameras. Now, if he tries to sell those specific shots somewhere as Peter Parker, maybe?

"Parker! These shots could only have been taken by someone in the room! Now don't lie to me, you bought them from Spider-Man, didn't you! That's plagiarism! Now get out of my office, I'm trying to figure out Spider-Man's secret identity!"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Tiggum posted:

"Parker! These shots could only have been taken by someone in the room! Now don't lie to me, you bought them from Spider-Man, didn't you! That's plagiarism! Now get out of my office, I'm trying to figure out Spider-Man's secret identity!"

I always liked the copy-pasta where Jonah points out that of course he knows Peter Parker is Spiderman, but that he'd never tell him because he can't have a bored Spiderman.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tiggum posted:

I can see this being the outcome too, yes. I mean, everybody in newspaper Spider-Man is dumb enough to believe that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yeah, I think this Pinkerton comic was only a slight exaggeration:

• Locked thread