Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Just for today everything is beautiful and nothing hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Holy poo poo Wyoming and UNLV had a loving barnburner

and UNLV WON

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LLCoolJD posted:

Wait, is Armstrong playing again? I thought he was dead last week with the neck drama.

I think it was just a concussion.

He actually got released and driven back to the Stadium so he was on the Nebraska sideline in the 3rd quarter and was giving tips to the third-stringer because he saw how bad the score was.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

Wait, is Armstrong playing again? I thought he was dead last week with the neck drama.

He went through concussion protocol and was apparently cleared to play yesterday.

He went in an out of the game anyway because of ankle and hamstring injuries.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

Yeah conference ranking does not determine the playoff selection, only advancement to the big ten championship game. It would be very unlikely for Ohio State to seal their season with a top ten win ranked #2 and then get leapfrogged out of the playoff selection during championship week.

I disagree, but it depends on how the championship shakes out

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
football is loving cool

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Quandary posted:

football is loving cool

Football is GREAT

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Quandary posted:

football is loving cool

and now we have pac-12 after dark

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake

Komet posted:

I disagree, but it depends on how the championship shakes out

Pitt also just helped PSU a lot by making that loss look a lot better.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Wondering how much recency bias will affect the polls. As in, will they drop today's losers below the winners? Specifically, where will Louisville end up relative to Clemson? That's the most interesting question to me. Michigan and Ohio St will be sorted out soon enough, but the other two have already played. If Louisville does move ahead, would Clemson move back ahead if they go on to win the ACCCG? So many questions.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I am ready for Bama's D line vs Penn State's o-line in the playoff

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHA i can't stop laughing at how loving owned michigan is ahahahahahahahhaa

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
2, 3, 4, 8, 9, all lost.

OU won handily

Texas, A&M, and baylor all lost

a great week of football

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

wa27 posted:

He went through concussion protocol and was apparently cleared to play yesterday.

He went in an out of the game anyway because of ankle and hamstring injuries.

Cthulu Carl posted:

I think it was just a concussion.

He actually got released and driven back to the Stadium so he was on the Nebraska sideline in the 3rd quarter and was giving tips to the third-stringer because he saw how bad the score was.

I tuned out after the ambulance last week. Thanks for the update.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just make the playoffs Alabama and three big ten East teams, every year, already.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Roasted Donut posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA i can't stop laughing at how loving owned michigan is ahahahahahahahhaa

It's so amazing.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Trast posted:

It's so amazing.

Feels good man

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Did Luke Falk just sprain his knee by sliding?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Just make the playoffs Alabama and three big ten East teams, every year, already.

I'm hearing stock audio of bowling pins getting knocked down.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

wazzous QB hurt himself sliding.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

Yeah conference ranking does not determine the playoff selection, only advancement to the big ten championship game. It would be very unlikely for Ohio State to seal their season with a top ten win ranked #2 and then get leapfrogged out of the playoff selection during championship week.

If Ohio State gets in without winning their conference championship while other 11-1 or 12-1 teams are left at home they might as well disband the committee.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Feels good man

I imagine Harbaugh right now as the guy from Big Trouble in Little China who gets mad and keeps expanding until her bursts like a meatheaded balloon.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hey who all else is looking forward to the Celebration Bowl, which is looking to be Grambling St. vs NCA&T?

...anybody?

They're good teams!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Quandary posted:

2, 3, 4, 8, 9, all lost.

OU won handily

Texas, A&M, and baylor all lost

a great week of football

And Iowa State is not the worst. That was also confirmed.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

Alabama, two B1G teams, and the fourth slot is filled by consulting dusty, ancient tomes in unknown tongues and throwing bones.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

God, I am loving the idea of what a little bitch Harbaugh is going to be about this.

He wore a loving glove to the world series and has a history of diving for foul balls instead of just giving them to kids.

He is Howard Hughes crazy, and I take comfort in how crazy this loss will make him.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Football is the worst sport unless my team wins, then it is the best

Today it is the worst

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

Alabama, two B1G teams, and the fourth slot is filled by consulting dusty, ancient tomes in unknown tongues and throwing bones.

I don't care how much the TV people whine Notre Dame doesn't belong in the playoffs. :v:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dilber posted:

wazzous QB hurt himself sliding.

Xort is influencing the Apple Cup from weeks away. Amazing.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Thoguh posted:

If Ohio State gets in without winning their conference championship while other 11-1 or 12-1 teams are left at home they might as well disband the committee.

It's a catch 22... either this will happen, or the #2 ranked team beats a top 10 team to end their season and doesn't make the playoffs. Either way it'll be a devastating blow to the system

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Someone photoshop the Urbz sad pizza pic to Harbaugh sadly drinking milk.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Cthulu Carl posted:

Someone photoshop the Urbz sad pizza pic to Harbaugh angrily drinking milk.
Harbs doesn't know sad.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
the nation sacrificed Hillary at the altar of XORT and he was thoroughly appeased

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

punched my v-card at camp posted:

Pitt also just helped PSU a lot by making that loss look a lot better.

Knowing Pitt, they'll lose to Duke next week

Pitt loss wouldn't even matter if DaeSean Hamilton could loving catch

Thoguh posted:

If Ohio State gets in without winning their conference division while other 11-1 or 12-1 teams are left at home they might as well disband the committee.

ftfy

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Drunk Nerds posted:

It's a catch 22... either this will happen, or the #2 ranked team beats a top 10 team to end their season and doesn't make the playoffs. Either way it'll be a devastating blow to the system

Naw, they made it clear two years ago that conference championship titles matter above all. As they should.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Cal/Wazzu is a wacky blowout.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004
E: nm

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Wow, Davis Webb sucks

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
We don't xort anymore, they said

Look how much xorting we are doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

At the moment, two teams have beaten two teams still currently in the top ten...Clemson...And Pitt.

• Locked thread