Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

How much of Assassin's Creed is devoted to Fassbender's giant donger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

oldpainless posted:

It's how he connects to the Animus.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Please, it's called a "hidden blade".

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

oldpainless posted:

I'm not allowed to talk about the artifact.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

kiimo posted:

I'm not allowed to talk about the artifact.

The lesser-known Banana of Eden.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Stare-Out posted:

It's how he connects to the Animus.

Wait, I thought he called his the Animus.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

kiimo posted:

soooooo nobody else sees Jake Gyllenhaal in Prince of Persia?

I was just about to post that!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kiimo posted:

Me upon seeing this when it was just a proof: "soooooo nobody else sees Jake Gyllenhaal in Prince of Persia? It's just me?" I was ignored.

Nobody else sees that because nobody remembers Jake Gyllenhaal in Prince of Persia

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Probably the best result for everyone, including Jake.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Jerry Bruckheimer never forgets.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
http://www.slashfilm.com/sequel-2-art-show/

An art exhibit featuring movie posters for sequels that never happened.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Gonz posted:

http://www.slashfilm.com/sequel-2-art-show/

An art exhibit featuring movie posters for sequels that never happened.

I never realized how much I would want Egg Shen and the Six Demon Bag to be a thing before I followed your link.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I kinda want that Being Jeff Goldblum poster.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I like that they included a Nic Cage Superman poster as, I guess, a sequel to those proof of concept shots of Nic Cage in a Superman suit.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mr. Squishy posted:

I like that they included a Nic Cage Superman poster as, I guess, a sequel to those proof of concept shots of Nic Cage in a Superman suit.

Presumably it's a sequel to the Reeve Superman movies.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I would, hands down, go see an Egg Shen movie.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I love Big Trouble in Little China with all my heart, but I'd rather have The Last Dragon 2.

Both original movies would make for an excellent double-bill.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

caligulamprey posted:

I love Big Trouble in Little China with all my heart, but I'd rather have The Last Dragon 2.

Both original movies would make for an excellent double-bill.

Maybe a crossover?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Lizard Combatant posted:

Probably the best result for everyone, including Jake.

The failure of that movie is probably a big reason why we ended up getting his two Villenueve collaborations and Nightcrawler, so it definitely worked out for everyone.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I still want Rocketeer : Crimson Skies :colbert:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

10 Beers posted:

I would, hands down, go see an Egg Shen movie.

We need a prequel exploring past conflict between Egg and Lo Pan and the war between the Chiang Sing and the Wing Kong, not some wankfest sequel starring The Rock.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I still want Rocketeer : Crimson Skies :colbert:

Same. But I'm also sad we haven't heard anything else about Rocketeers, seemed like a rad concept.

How has nobody posted this yet

What a wonderful contrast to those Assassins Creed and Rogue One posters.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

feedmyleg posted:

Same. But I'm also sad we haven't heard anything else about Rocketeers, seemed like a rad concept.

That has to be one of the best posters of the year, easy.

E: there should be a yearly poster award thread IMHO, like how the D&D political cartoons threads does awards for worst political cartoon.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

On first viewing I thought this was two rad posters, but instead it's one extremely rad poster.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Improbable Lobster posted:

E: there should be a yearly poster award thread IMHO, like how the D&D political cartoons threads does awards for worst political cartoon.

I'd be down for this.

Least Readable
Least Nessescary Character Posters
Worst Photoshop
Worst Photoshop on a Woman
Least Effort
Most Direct-To-Video-esque
Overall Worst Poster

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The idea is nice but the realistic soldiers and water is throwing me off. I also thought I was looking at 2 separate posters. The hard break in the middle is jarring.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Kumaton posted:

I'd be down for this.

Least Readable
Least Effort
Overall Worst Poster

Nominating yourself :grin:?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

oldpainless posted:

Nominating yourself :grin:?

Yeah, it's probably best if we removed those categories. I wouldn’t want to sweep the awards. :smugndar:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

King Kong don't surf

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

feedmyleg posted:

This really owns.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lizard Combatant posted:

The idea is nice but the realistic soldiers and water is throwing me off. I also thought I was looking at 2 separate posters. The hard break in the middle is jarring.

I like the poster, but maybe that's because it reminds me of old-school monster effects where the real actors were in the foreground combined with footage of a man-in-costume or normal sized real animal seemingly looming giant over a hilltop in between the two.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

feedmyleg posted:

My only problem with this is the top half feels very illustration-y and the bottom half photograph-y. Otherwise great poster, and viewing the real thing it might look totally different.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That poster is cool, but I just noticed while seeing the thumbnail that Kong looks like a skull in the distance.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Improbable Lobster posted:

That has to be one of the best posters of the year, easy.

I don't vote in them anymore, but CineD has done the annual CineBytes awards before (or maybe they were switched to "the Goonies") and this would be a great category. There's already a Best Trailer category. Bring it up in GenChat.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

For me I love everything about it, but Kong should be a silhouette. With the sun behind him, we shouldn't see any features. Seeing his face kind of stands out as off to me. I think the ambiguity of just a silhouette would add the impact of the poster as well.

Photoshop goons: Activate!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The (only) thing that excites me most about Kong is Terry Notary playing Kong. He's like the other Andy Serkis and is pretty much a movement expert when comes to playing apes or orcs or whatever.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

flosofl posted:

For me I love everything about it, but Kong should be a silhouette. With the sun behind him, we shouldn't see any features. Seeing his face kind of stands out as off to me. I think the ambiguity of just a silhouette would add the impact of the poster as well.

Photoshop goons: Activate!

I'd rather Kong make a much more obvious pose if it was going to be only a silhouette to prevent him from getting lost in the shadows of the mountains.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

The (only) thing that excites me most about Kong is Terry Notary playing Kong. He's like the other Andy Serkis and is pretty much a movement expert when comes to playing apes or orcs or whatever.

All these gorillas hanging around in zoos with open schedules and they go hire another white guy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Electromax posted:

All these gorillas hanging around in zoos with open schedules and they go hire another white guy.

Well they've changed the character of King Kong to be white so at least Terry won't be in gorilla-face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lizard Combatant posted:

The way they pulled off the packed composition more than makes up for it though and it avoids being overphotoshoped like those High Rise posters. It feels like one of those older cool posters before they started dumbing them down with max 1-2 focus items. It's very good.