Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Torched 500 more mission lapis for a pull...

GOLD!

CYAN!!! :suicide:

gently caress you, Gumi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I've burnt too much mission Lapis this week on full-price pulls for me to ever want to do it again. Luckily, I'm still near the beginning of Lanzelt.

I've got a killer team (Lightning x2, Agrias, CoD, Chorizo) which will get even better as existing units get 6* (WoL, Chorizo, Tillith, Gafgarion, Agrias, Vaan, Terra, Kefka, mah boy Firion, who I will have a Dual Wield material for by then!) and I level up Refia and Cecil (Spirit Crystaaaaaaalllllls!!!)

To see a Golden Galuf instead of an Elza is just not worth 500. 250, sure.

Aura Ball is a great move, makes CoD an Arena must-have! It hits more often than not.

Put my third Shining Splendor in the oven. That's enough of that particular brand of grinding horseshit.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Shoenin posted:

Last time I put a mastered hero into the same hero, said hero who got enhanced received no trust mastery at all.

Was that a bug or was that intended?

intended

i don't think they could figure out a way to have 100% default to 5% since normally trust mastery just combines

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I need to just stop grasping at straws with this banner. My team is loving amazing and can change at the drop of a hat depending on what I'm up against. Light/CoD/Refia/Arc/Cecil/Ramza/Delita can figure out a way to kill anything in this game.

I just really wanted *something* off this fuckin' banner even if it was just like, Seria. But nope. *sigh*

I'll still do daily pulls but I'm not wasting any real resources anymore. I've done 44 pulls on this fucker and still nothing off this banner :smith:

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I think I'm even going to stop daily pulls on this. Conserve my rolls for maybe Orlandu or something.

Ugh, multiple max level Elza's on my friend list with no gear equipped. I can squeak by a win with no friend help, but its better if I have a heavy hitter from my friend.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

On the sixth day of Tilith-mas my Gumi gave to me,

My seventh Luna
One golden Karl
Holy poo poo Zidane
A Figabro
Trust Esuna
And a bow wielding Fran bunny...

Every time I get disappointed by my pull I remember those who have nothing this Tilith-mas and I become thankful for that 5% trust.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Hello there unexpected new banner with Maxwell as a quest reward?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

AHAHAHA!

HA!

Oh that is a good one gumi. I wouldn't touch that banner with a 10 foot excalibur, but thanks for the Maxwell, a week later.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I wouldn't mind another Gaffgarion TM. Oh, who am I kidding, we're all going to get Duane'd.

But Maxwell's 30% ATK/MAG TM, gimme gimme.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
If I had known Maxwell was coming, I wouldn't have done all this karma grinding until afterwards! :argh:

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Maybe it will make nabbing that +15% MAG possible.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Got Gold Shadowned so I said gently caress it and blew another ticket on this banner because the game owes me.

Bediled.

Well played Gumi.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
1/2 pull is...

My deepest most heartfelt apologies to some of the less luckier memebers. But I somehow got another Tilith. Thst's 2 Tiliths and 3 Karls. The latter have good TMs at least but what do I even do with the former having an extra copy?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

HGH posted:

1/2 pull is...

My deepest most heartfelt apologies to some of the less luckier memebers. But I somehow got another Tilith. Thst's 2 Tiliths and 3 Karls. The latter have good TMs at least but what do I even do with the former having an extra copy?

Tilith's TMR is a Ribbon as a materia slot, so it is really not shabby either.

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man
drat this Maxwell fight is gonna bring me back to my months of preparing and failing to beat her in Brave Frontier. She had a pattern of 20 attacks and you had to count every turn you were on so you'd know if you needed to defend, revive, attack, or heal next turn. If you didn't kill her at the right time in her loop or if you didn't do enough damage after she cast a certain spell, she would revive when you killed her. Despite careful playing, you could still get hosed with the RNG targeting of her attacks and wipe anyway. Took me I think 3 months before I was finally able to beat her and the final fight lasted me I think around an hour.

I looked up a video of her fight in FFBE from the JP server and it took this guy 45 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d4jIJvbHoc

I'm assuming they're gonna tone her down for global since when she was released there were tons of 6 stars to choose from including Orlandu.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
Half price pull - Charlotte? Okay, cool
Summon ticket, blue, reform into gold!... Shadow
I want a Refia or something good from the FF3 banner damnit.
11 pull... Refia! 3 Arcs! and a bunch of poo poo!
But good enough. Only 2 items left on my checklist.
1) 6* physical dps
2) A weapon for CoD that isn't garbage

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kronikle posted:

drat this Maxwell fight is gonna bring me back to my months of preparing and failing to beat her in Brave Frontier. She had a pattern of 20 attacks and you had to count every turn you were on so you'd know if you needed to defend, revive, attack, or heal next turn. If you didn't kill her at the right time in her loop or if you didn't do enough damage after she cast a certain spell, she would revive when you killed her. Despite careful playing, you could still get hosed with the RNG targeting of her attacks and wipe anyway. Took me I think 3 months before I was finally able to beat her and the final fight lasted me I think around an hour.

I looked up a video of her fight in FFBE from the JP server and it took this guy 45 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d4jIJvbHoc

I'm assuming they're gonna tone her down for global since when she was released there were tons of 6 stars to choose from including Orlandu.

Ah, Trial #3. Memories. Nowdays you can practically autobattle it, it's been powercreeped so bad, but back in the days when 6* units were the best on the market, that was some seriously tough poo poo to work out.

Mrit SA posted:

But good enough. Only 2 items left on my checklist.
1) 6* physical dps
2) A weapon for CoD that isn't garbage

I mean, fulfilling #2 will also give you #1. CoD is pretty solid, between Barrage and her piercing dark-element nuke. She may not have the output of Luneth or Lightning, but she's nothing to scoff at.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

KataraniSword posted:

Ah, Trial #3. Memories. Nowdays you can practically autobattle it, it's been powercreeped so bad, but back in the days when 6* units were the best on the market, that was some seriously tough poo poo to work out.

I mean, fulfilling #2 will also give you #1. CoD is pretty solid, between Barrage and her piercing dark-element nuke. She may not have the output of Luneth or Lightning, but she's nothing to scoff at.

I guess should change #1 to 'Another 6* physical dps'.
Oh, and add #3: Finish my dual wield TM, it's at 77%!

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Speaking of the Maxwell fight, if any of you aren't far enough in the story yet to have Diabolos, and need a Lightning friend with Diabolos equipped for the mission reward of Maxwell, just gimme a yell and I'll find room. (Yell at me in Discord and it'll be easier)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dana Crysalis posted:

Speaking of the Maxwell fight, if any of you aren't far enough in the story yet to have Diabolos, and need a Lightning friend with Diabolos equipped for the mission reward of Maxwell, just gimme a yell and I'll find room. (Yell at me in Discord and it'll be easier)

Good advice, I'll switch my companion from Tilith To Diablolightning on Friday.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

today i got cloud of darkness#2, so my last two pulls have been pretty strong with that and my third cecil. i have a locke i can tm grind for rising sun so i can theoretically field two cods, although i'm not sure how good that would be long term? all the other stuff that makes her strong gear wise at the moment is pretty easily farmable or can be crafted or bought, black belt gi and hero rings and tigers mask.

with just one of the base 4* from the event but a decent amount of friend units with event bonus does anyone have any idea how much the stamina cost shakes out between buying the trust moogle and tm macroing? is hp+15% worth it at all? what about the 10% hp 5/5 def/spirit?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Kronikle posted:

http://touchandswipe.github.io/bravefrontier/maxwellcounter

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

today i got cloud of darkness#2, so my last two pulls have been pretty strong with that and my third cecil. i have a locke i can tm grind for rising sun so i can theoretically field two cods, although i'm not sure how good that would be long term? all the other stuff that makes her strong gear wise at the moment is pretty easily farmable or can be crafted or bought, black belt gi and hero rings and tigers mask.

with just one of the base 4* from the event but a decent amount of friend units with event bonus does anyone have any idea how much the stamina cost shakes out between buying the trust moogle and tm macroing? is hp+15% worth it at all? what about the 10% hp 5/5 def/spirit?

I asked a similar question a while back and was told that DEF +10% is better than HP +15%.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

reddit math said even with all Elzas, the Trust Moogle wasn't worth it. That seemed shaky to me but eh.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dana Crysalis posted:

reddit math said even with all Elzas, the Trust Moogle wasn't worth it. That seemed shaky to me but eh.

considering i have 7 shantotto or so that makes the 15% magic one ludicrously not worth it compared to tm farming. if this event had slightly better rank exp it might not be too bad but i guess it does. time for me to get the two weapons and cheap 6* mats i guess. thanks.

Cartoon Man posted:

I asked a similar question a while back and was told that DEF +10% is better than HP +15%.

that's a bummer, i wonder what that puts the 10/5/5 ability at since it gives defense and spirit too.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

So if I'm reading that in game thing right, we can get 2 maxwell free. One for summoning diablos and one for beating her.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Uh, god drat... so today's daily was a rainbow... and Dark Knight Cecil pops out :confuoot:

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

PathAsc posted:

So if I'm reading that in game thing right, we can get 2 maxwell free. One for summoning diablos and one for beating her.

Pretty sure it's just the one for fulfilling the Diablos bit. I think you're reading it wrong.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Oh wow, Maxwell's TM is +30% Atk/Mag. Is there anyone with hybrid damage that works be extra good on? 6* Bartz maybe?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Victis posted:

Pretty sure it's just the one for fulfilling the Diablos bit. I think you're reading it wrong.

It's put in there awkwardly if anything. You have the three mission rewards, one of which is the diablos one. Obviously you have to win to get the karma/dark res/maxwell from those. It's the inclusion of "defeat maxwell to have her join your party" just kinda out there on it's own that makes me think it's a maybe. Guess we'll see when it drops. Either way, at least one free maxwell from it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
In a strange twist I'm actually hoping each day I get Lani'd as opposed to many of the other 3* options. I'm at 80% on the TM and am almost tempted to grind it out. CoD would really like to dual wield some axes and my Rising Sun is only at 65%.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

If I had known Maxwell was coming, I wouldn't have done all this karma grinding until afterwards! :argh:

Me too :(.

Fenrir posted:

Uh, god drat... so today's daily was a rainbow... and Dark Knight Cecil pops out :confuoot:

How many rainbows does that put you at now?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Shark Tower posted:

How many rainbows does that put you at now?
gently caress, let me think here,

Chizuru
Garnet
Warrior of Light
Lightning
Ramza
Ramza
Ramza
Delita
DK Cecil

so, 9, but I've spent about 160 dollars and I've been playing since June, I don't know if that's good or bad at this point :confuoot:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

not even a single Rakshasha? what a useless account

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

not even a single Rakshasha? what a useless account

I've gotten her 4* as a daily before.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Half-price pull was a blue crystal. So I was ready to just receive my Lani/Bedile/Shadow or other such junk.

But heeeeeyyyy. After months of pulling, Exdeath finally decided to show himself. I was getting worried I would never pull him.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Did two ticket pulls on the ff3 banner since I realized I only have one Arc and I need my Kefka to be the best (I also only have one Zidane and his DW is going to a physical attacker, but never mind that). No Arc, but i did pull a second Refia and Firion for the first time, so not too bad. I wouldn't mind multiple copies of Refia's TM to use on herself

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Also :laffo: at the upcoming banner. I guess CoD is on there but I have her already. I'm guessing it'll take over the daily half price spot, so it'll be nice to be able to ignore that and save up for whatever comes next

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Also :laffo: at the upcoming banner. I guess CoD is on there but I have her already. I'm guessing it'll take over the daily half price spot, so it'll be nice to be able to ignore that and save up for whatever comes next

Seriously,

If that's what is up for grabs on the half price pulls I may finally stop and bank Lapis. Sure Mulitple CoD's seem like a good idea, until you realize you can't gear her for poo poo thanks to her weapon choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I could use a COD and DK Cecil for my Pokedex, but that's about it. I'll probably continue to 1/2 pull cause I'm a whore for Gumi.

• Locked thread