Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

This here. That 2 minute timer from calling a chopper to loot extraction feels like an eternity if you've got something awesome in your goodie bag.

Do most rogues still hang out in the lower DZ? Anyone run into them higher up?

When I'm going rogue in groups we usually do it in DZ 4 through 6. The lower areas are too crowded with other players and there are a lot more things to farm up north. Also we're all a lot more used to DZ 5 and 6 from back before the loot drops were changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Gentleman Blogger posted:

GT: Cooterhatesyou

Ed. note: I am terrible. Just garbage at stuff. Help and kindness required.

Help I can provide. Kindness is more of a grey area...

Added you, Affluenza Teen and Fatboy Swim, got 4 characters with gear sets and weapons out the rear end, so you're welcome to whatever loot drops.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Did they ever fix the idiotic camping spots down in 1/2 where the only way up was a single rope thingy?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

edit: stupid poo poo

GET MY BELT SON fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 19, 2016

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

edit: stupid poo poo

GET MY BELT SON fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 19, 2016

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I hit level 30 tonight, with 2 full zones left to go as well as one final mission in the zone I'm in.

My gear is a mixture of purple/blue mostly level 27-29 with 2 pieces that I upgraded into actual 'gear score' stuff after I hit the base after leveling and switched to WT1 (where I expect I'll die constantly).

Assuming I continue just soloing my way through the world, what should my direction from here be? Continue to finish off the missions I have left in order to get some more gear improvements? I talked to the HVT guys and neither one of them will give me a mission, they want something (5 or 20 depending on daily or weekly) but mousing over it doesn't tell me what it is, and not knowing what it is, obviously I don't have a clue how to get whatever they are.

Gearing up by buying 163 stuff from the vendors is painfully slow since money just doesn't seem to come in very fast (which is why my gear is so woefully behind my level too). I imagine I'll get better stuff by just doing all the stuff from the last two zones, after which I can go back and clear all the phones and stuff off the map.

Also, holy poo poo I'm terrible at situational awareness in these games. I'll be doing great and then suddenly a dude with a shotgun will come up behind me and stick it in my ear and blow me to hell. Or a boss will bombard me out of my cover with missiles and I get slaughtered because I'm no longer in cover, etc.. Still having fun, since there is really no penalty for being lovely at the game except for the time it takes to respawn and run back to die again.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
For HVTs you need Intel, which you get from the "Search & Destroy" mission boards in all the safehouses. You might have to clear all the side missions in an area first for them to show up, can't remember

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

For HVTs you need Intel, which you get from the "Search & Destroy" mission boards in all the safehouses. You might have to clear all the side missions in an area first for them to show up, can't remember

This is correct

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Locator posted:

Also, holy poo poo I'm terrible at situational awareness in these games. I'll be doing great and then suddenly a dude with a shotgun will come up behind me and stick it in my ear and blow me to hell. Or a boss will bombard me out of my cover with missiles and I get slaughtered because I'm no longer in cover, etc.. Still having fun, since there is really no penalty for being lovely at the game except for the time it takes to respawn and run back to die again.

Forum name/post combo

I'm just ribbin' ya ;) My advice would be to pay attention to the radar when your fighting and also the enemy callouts. Shotgun/melee guys are always going to close in on you, especially when you're sign behind cover. Melee will just straight charge you while shotgunners will wait for you to get in cover. Then you'll hear a variation of "I'm going in!" then they'll charge. If you can, take the Pulse Skill with you. You'll get a buff to your damage and it'll mark all the baddies in the vicinity.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
For anyone who's coming back on PC, I'll be around the new discord this weekend. Will happily carry you through T4 and get you to 229 in preparation for the new patch.

Uplay name is TheTactleneck.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Not many good buys this week at vendors. If you do want to reliably make electronics mods though the blueprint vendor in the HUB is selling ilvl 33 electronics mod blueprint.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Thanks. I ran one S&D and got 11 Intel which opened up quite a few of the HVT's, but I haven't tried one yet. They do require all the missions in an area to be cleared.

Wamdoodle posted:

Forum name/post combo

I'm just ribbin' ya ;) My advice would be to pay attention to the radar when your fighting and also the enemy callouts. Shotgun/melee guys are always going to close in on you, especially when you're sign behind cover. Melee will just straight charge you while shotgunners will wait for you to get in cover. Then you'll hear a variation of "I'm going in!" then they'll charge. If you can, take the Pulse Skill with you. You'll get a buff to your damage and it'll mark all the baddies in the vicinity.

Thanks. I'm just really bad at it. I need to get much better at figuring out how to ID which guys are which in order to prioritize them properly. Getting tankier now as my gear improves and that's helping me a lot.

In a couple hours after hitting 30, running the one S&D and otherwise just working on clearing the next zone, I've gone from GS 0 to GS 135, so the loot at level 30 WT1 falls like rain it appears. Finally finished my last upgrade to the base, so that's complete now and I have all my talents and mastery things. Got a high-end marksman rifle to replace my old reliable M44, now just need to find a nice yellow M60 (or eventually make enough special bucks to buy one). Think I still have 2 purple gear, the rest is all high-end, and I'm figuring out how the re-roll bit works on things.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Locator posted:

Thanks. I ran one S&D and got 11 Intel which opened up quite a few of the HVT's, but I haven't tried one yet. They do require all the missions in an area to be cleared.

Thanks. I'm just really bad at it. I need to get much better at figuring out how to ID which guys are which in order to prioritize them properly. Getting tankier now as my gear improves and that's helping me a lot.

In a couple hours after hitting 30, running the one S&D and otherwise just working on clearing the next zone, I've gone from GS 0 to GS 135, so the loot at level 30 WT1 falls like rain it appears. Finally finished my last upgrade to the base, so that's complete now and I have all my talents and mastery things. Got a high-end marksman rifle to replace my old reliable M44, now just need to find a nice yellow M60 (or eventually make enough special bucks to buy one). Think I still have 2 purple gear, the rest is all high-end, and I'm figuring out how the re-roll bit works on things.

Oh forgot to mention. The Seeker Mines will give you a little breathing room too. All the enemies will run away from them with the exception of Heavies and Rogue Agents.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Wamdoodle posted:

Oh forgot to mention. The Seeker Mines will give you a little breathing room too. All the enemies will run away from them with the exception of Heavies and Rogue Agents.

Cool. I was using seeker mines for a while, but I've been messing with the turret lately. Might switch back to the mines now that I have the mods and master skills opened up and see how they go.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I haven't been able to get back into seeker mines ever since they fixed the bug that made the gas mine continuously gas everything around you.

It was the best because
1) rushers would charge you and get gassed;
2) you could pretend you were weaponising the body odour of a Division agent that hadn't showered in days, possibly weeks

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
I just started playing through the Underground expansion and I'm finding it very difficult to use matchmaking. Is there really nobody playing this in the earlier ranks?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Severed posted:

I just started playing through the Underground expansion and I'm finding it very difficult to use matchmaking. Is there really nobody playing this in the earlier ranks?

I'm GS229 and it took me dozens of minutes to find people, despite seeing so many chumps running around. I guess they just don't use matchmaking.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Underground matchmaking seems really broken. Even when I had a 3 man group in the queue it took forever to find a fourth person.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Severed posted:

Seems like it, I'm in the same boat.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I just got this and I'm not sure if I'm playing it right. I'm level 4 trying to do the rescue dr kandel mission and I'm finding the part where you make your way across the court near impossible. If I stay back and try and pick away behind cover I can't hit anyone, and when I do it does fuckall damage - if I try and get close I get flanked immediately and die in a couple of hits.

Any tips? Do I need to go and grind side missions to stay leveled above the main missions? This was a 4 and I am 4, but the enemies seem like they are a much higher level than me.

I love the atmosphere and I know it can be a pretty hardcore game, but I thought I'd at least be able to play it solo without needing to be constantly popping off pixel perfect headshots using a controller.

Edit: Just figured out how to see the list of all available missions, think I'm getting my head around this. It's an odd game. Weird how once you replace swords with guns in an rpg it's harder to get your head around levels affecting damage.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 19, 2016

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

First mission you should do is Lincoln Tunnel for the XP boost. Try to do some of the available encounters/side missions to get to level 5.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Pretty sure that I did all the side missions, encounters, etc. and then did the 'big' missions in each zone, and I didn't have any problem beyond my normal issues of being bad at this game and dying from being stupid.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Did they do something to the fire status effect since 1.3? Or is it just the higher world tiers? Because incendiary seeker mines used to mess dudes up, but now they shrug them off after like 1 second.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
I'm clearing my map right now at WT4 if anyone wants to come along and powerlevel, foxtrot1_1

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Nechronic posted:

For anyone who's coming back on PC, I'll be around the new discord this weekend. Will happily carry you through T4 and get you to 229 in preparation for the new patch.

Uplay name is TheTactleneck.

Tactleneck hooked me up and I will do the same for you.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

This thread title doesn't lie.

I think I'm somewhere on the old Google doc but my uplay name is DocfridaySA.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

guns for tits posted:

This thread title doesn't lie.

I think I'm somewhere on the old Google doc but my uplay name is DocfridaySA.

I'm on that old doc too, but I'm playing again. Uplay is Cyrano4747. Find me and let's shoot mans together so I can stop doing pubbie groups.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Severed posted:

The problem for the undergound match maker is that there are too many variables - 4 world tiers, 3 difficulties, single or multi phase, and yes/no on directives. That's like 48 seperate queues per region, and because the content isn't super hard a lot of people just end up soloing it ( not for me thanks ).

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

ZombyDog posted:

The problem for the undergound match maker is that there are too many variables - 4 world tiers, 3 difficulties, single or multi phase, and yes/no on directives. That's like 48 seperate queues per region, and because the content isn't super hard a lot of people just end up soloing it ( not for me thanks ).

Actually, I had really good luck using matchmaking in the underground if I don't specify anything. I was immediately matched with a few groups doing additional phases that I hadn't even unlocked yet.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

So I finished clearing the last mission on the last zone. Without stepping foot into the DZ, and doing one Search & Destroy mission to see what it was about, I ended up at GS171, WT2. I bumped to WT1 and then WT2 almost immediately when they were available.

I'm using an assault rifle with extended mag for 49 capacity and a SOCOM marksman rifle with 28 round capacity. I kill a lot more things with the marksman rifle than I do the AR, but it's good to have when they get up close for sure. I think I've gotten 3 caches from just experience since hitting 30.

So it seems to be fairly easy to gear up solo, although I imagine that getting that 'perfect' gear once you are in WT4 (soon to be WT5) will be somewhat more problematical. I've also not yet tried changing the difficulty.

The main items that aren't upgraded to yellow so far are accessories and mods. I've gotten 3 set piece drops also, but only using one of them.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Honestly getting good gear solo on WT4 is really easy as well. Just walk around and murder the elites that spawn on the map.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Cyrano4747 posted:

Honestly getting good gear solo on WT4 is really easy as well. Just walk around and murder the elites that spawn on the map everything.

Also, here's the light zone boss map: https://imgur.com/XINH4YI?r

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

I realize that 1.5 is dropping in 3 days but does anyone think that buying the electronics or performance mod BPs are a wise buy considering how random mod drops can be?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rick_Hunter posted:

I realize that 1.5 is dropping in 3 days but does anyone think that buying the electronics or performance mod BPs are a wise buy considering how random mod drops can be?

I wouldn't waste your bird bux on performance mod blueprints. I would definitely buy the lvl 34 firearms/stamina/elec gear mods though.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Rick_Hunter posted:

I bought both since it's fairly easy to farm Phoenix credits. I even got the omega rifle suppressor since it's guaranteed headshot damage and the step up between levels for weapon mods is pretty slight.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

I wouldn't waste your bird bux on performance mod blueprints. I would definitely buy the lvl 34 firearms/stamina/elec gear mods though.

Only 33 sadly. :(

Brine posted:

I bought both since it's fairly easy to farm Phoenix credits. I even got the omega rifle suppressor since it's guaranteed headshot damage and the step up between levels for weapon mods is pretty slight.
Oh snap, they have a suppressor blueprint. Ok, guess I'm farming 1000 credits this weekend.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
I finally managed to escape the DZ with this load of crap I've been clutching for like 2 hours because every time I started an extraction, people would show up, and I would run from them instead of sticking around until they killed me (my friend and I have been getting murdered effortlessly lately, and I'm not sure if the guys have been twinked out or grenading us or what, because I'm too new at this pvp to grasp what's happening, but I love pvp in all games and really do not like being a neophyte at it in this).

Anyway whatever, the point is that on this alt (who is 14) I extracted two pistols: one is a purple 14 Officer's M9 A1, great damage and I like that kind of pistol, but then the second one, although much worse statwise (a blue 11 First Wave X-45) has Coolheaded: Performing a headshot reduces all skill cooldowns by 5%. I don't know if that's as good as it sounds, which is why I'm asking. Does this mean repeatedly headshotting the same target could knock like 25% off my cooldowns immediately? At this stage I never have to rely on my pistol for actual damage, so it seems to me that the inferior stats don't matter if I can just string headshots together (which is what I try to do anyway) and dramatically shorten all my cooldowns, especially because I really like being a healer and using those abilities whenever they're up.

Corollary question: I also got a purple uzi I don't want. Will scrapping that give me purple weapon parts, or should I sell it?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Yes, Coolheaded is just that good. In fact, if you can land 20 consecutive headshots your cooldowns will be completely reset. There used to be an AR that had it on it and it was just as amazing as it sounds.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
Awesome, definitely going to take this thing for a spin then :golgo:

e: one more question: do status grenades and ammo types affect other players the same way that you experience these effects in pve? (I haven't experienced Shock yet and I can't imagine it's as debilitating against players as it is when I use the grenades against enemies)

anime tupac fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

anime tupac posted:

Awesome, definitely going to take this thing for a spin then :golgo:

e: one more question: do status grenades and ammo types affect other players the same way that you experience these effects in pve? (I haven't experienced Shock yet and I can't imagine it's as debilitating against players as it is when I use the grenades against enemies)

IIRC, at least for ammo types, only does exotic damage. Not sure about grenades though.

• Locked thread