Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I remember reading a guide, but cannot find it again, on the best area to keep running for rank exp per energy used. Anyone happen to know what it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I believe best rank exp is still the last regular stage (not Diabolos himself) of Wicked Peaks.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Orgophlax posted:

I remember reading a guide, but cannot find it again, on the best area to keep running for rank exp per energy used. Anyone happen to know what it is?

For future reference:

https://exviuswiki.com/Best_places_to_farm

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

AegisP posted:

I believe best rank exp is still the last regular stage (not Diabolos himself) of Wicked Peaks.

correct. Alluring Winds

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Her main use is the 100% karma bonus when farming Vargas. She's still not a bad 5* unit either, though her 6* is pretty decent since Destiny is 200% damage and 50% defense ignore. Plus you should take in to account that Endless hitting 33 times is insanely good for orb/crystal drops. Solo Maxwell can easily refill her LB gauge via Endless and one of the trial videos I watched the other day had the person run a full party and bring a Maxwell friend. Chaining Endless is decent damage and it was also showering the party in crystals. Each double Endless use had at least one Maxwell's LB fully refill for example.

Also, a 30% ATK/MAG TM is really, really, really good.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Got my Maxwell Cactaured up, but she'll be wearing hand me downs. Hopefully it can help some goons get their karma before next Friday. (Though honestly there should be enough Elza goons out there to use instead of me.)

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

AegisP posted:

Also, a 30% ATK/MAG TM is really, really, really good.

Actually that is a pretty big deal, I forgot about that, the only place to get a 30% ATK materia before was some expensive bundle when the game first came out

Back to banging my head against this wall then i guess

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Victis posted:

I don't mind having some content that's relatively hard; is it the time-limited part that's making people cry about it?

It's that it's time-limited and tied to a unit. If it was just a limited-time thing, plenty of people would go :fireman: over it, even with the Dark Res +15% and Trust Moogle up for grabs, but when you're offering a base 5 unit for "free", people lose their poo poo.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
There hasn't been a 30% so far if I remember correctly. The toptier bundle came with 20%, but we haven't had a 30% ATK. Which is why folks are reporting folks they come across that have 3x 30% ATK materia.

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man
A tip for people whose Memu keeps crashing while macroing:

95% of the time FFBE crashes while I'm in a battle with my TM farming team. Almost every time it crashes I see my downloads folder gets opened whose icon happens to be in a place on the home screen where the macro is trying to press. If you move the FFBE app into that spot, it will reload back into FFBE instead and since it likely crashed in battle, it'll be able to resume itself.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
At least maxwell's guaranteed as long as you fulfill the criteria. Imagine if it was like pad, where you have difficult time limited content AND it wasn't a guaranteed drop (like 30% chances, last I played)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shark Tower posted:

At least maxwell's guaranteed as long as you fulfill the criteria. Imagine if it was like pad, where you have difficult time limited content AND it wasn't a guaranteed drop (like 30% chances, last I played)

PAD is (was?) sadistic towards its players tho. It made a name for itself because it got in early and the base gameplay is actually pretty decent, but man the GRIND there.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Also, we'll be getting another freebie story dude soon, that blue haired guy from water world.

I'm sure he's crap.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Kronikle posted:

A tip for people whose Memu keeps crashing while macroing:

95% of the time FFBE crashes while I'm in a battle with my TM farming team. Almost every time it crashes I see my downloads folder gets opened whose icon happens to be in a place on the home screen where the macro is trying to press. If you move the FFBE app into that spot, it will reload back into FFBE instead and since it likely crashed in battle, it'll be able to resume itself.

I've done this and on some occasions you crash while not in earth shrine, and I look back at my screen and see me at the item forge screen

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cartoon Man posted:

Also, we'll be getting another freebie story dude soon, that blue haired guy from water world.

I'm sure he's crap.

Kevin Costner?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Correction, white haired dude.
https://exviuswiki.com/Nichol

Speaking of that, are we getting an event next weekend, or the next part of the story?

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
Finally maxed out my friend slots so add me if you want (another) passable Lightning friend! :v:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Correction, white haired dude.
https://exviuswiki.com/Nichol

Speaking of that, are we getting an event next weekend, or the next part of the story?

Part 2 of Olderion should be showing up this month, since the last story update was the end of the last month.

And our current event is a Mog King event, which means the next event should be a once-and-done type thing as they appear to like to stagger them so the Mog King shop doesn't have overlap with the claim period of a previous event.

Mayor Defacto
Apr 21, 2010

Oooh a yellow, not had one of those in a while...Oh awesome :smithicide:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

OK even with maximum cheating and the best friend units on my list this event is complete bullshit.

My garbage maxed out characters:
CoD
Bartz
Chirizu
Lenna
Vaan
Locke
Terra
Golbez
Kefka
Rydia (72/80)

How can I get through this?

And no, I don't have a single TM.

Also none of my Espers are rank two because I had to grind events for rewards and never got to get the unlimited megacrysts from FFT :suicide:

WebDO fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 20, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

WebDO posted:

OK even with maximum cheating and the best friend units on my list this event is complete bullshit.

CoD
Bartz
Chirizu
Lenna
Vaan
Locke
Terra
Golbez
Kefka
Rydia (72/80)

If you're talking about Maxwell, thats probably not gonna happen with that list...sorry. :smith:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I should be doing five arena fights for the lapis and then spend the rest of my orbs for that day on the Colon-osseum, right? Maybe I'm too inebriated but I don't remember getting rewards from the latter and I'm on the fifth stage or whatever (fought 4 bosses)

edit: the arena fights are all auto losses because I am garbage

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 20, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

WebDO posted:

CoD
Bartz
Chirizu
Lenna
Vaan
Locke
Terra
Golbez
Kefka
Rydia (72/80)

Also none of my Espers are rank two because I had to grind events for rewards and never got to get the unlimited megacrysts from FFT :suicide:

Your best shot is CoD/Lenna/Vaan/Cheez/Bartz. Your issue here is not having any tanks, because 4/5 are basically the team I used (Luneth REALLY would be better off being a Barrage unit for all intents and purposes). You could make Terra tanky and use her as an off-healer instead of Bartz too.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Yea, I wouldn't really classify CoD/Bartz/Chiruzu/Lenna/Vaan as garbage, but your lack of tanks is likely what's killing you before you can Evoke and destroy Maxwell with a super friend Elza/CoD.

You maybe have an option to cheese with Bartz Entrusts into Rydia?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

WebDO posted:

CoD
Bartz
Chirizu
Lenna
Vaan

What kinds of gear do you have? What TMs?

Doublehand is a nice multiplier, but if you have 0 TMs, you may have an impossible problem.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

WebDO posted:

CoD
Bartz
Chirizu
Lenna
Vaan
Locke
Terra
Golbez
Kefka
Rydia (72/80)

Maybe a setup like CoD/Lenna/Vaan/Chizuru/Bartz

Load up non-CoDs with as much hp/defense as you can muster. Maybe craft a Cura for anyone who can use it and isn't named Lenna. Keep Full Break up at all times and Focus as well as omni-veil. Bring a powerful CoD buddy as well if you have someone dual wielding nice weapons, and pray to the RNGods heavily. Do early barrage spam to try and get the summon bar filled as soon as you can and fire it off to get it out of the way. Then you want to wear Maxwell down to the point that your CoD or your buddy CoD (whichever is tougher) can push Maxwell under 30% while everyone else guards with full break on maxwell and focus+omni-veil on your party. Curaja after that turn and have CoDs/Chizuru/Bartz unload with their best attacks because you just want to get her dead ASAP. If you can get the CoDs to chain their Voids then you might just finish Maxwell in that turn as well, or get pretty close to it. Bring Turbo Ethers, Elixirs, Phoenix Downs...etc to use if things are going smoothly. Keeping Focus/Omni up constantly is taxing. Cheer's nice to have up but Lenna will be busy healing (as well as anyone who brought Cura, occasionally).

Defensive play is going to be key for your team though.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
The 10,000 Karma I got from Maxwell yesterday bought the last Mog King ticket which I spent today and got Dark Knight Cecil, who I did not yet have. Yay.

Back to farming Cactuars.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I really hope they don't tie anything important to evoking an esper again, I can handle the Maxwell fight alright, but having to win the fight and deal with the stupid RNG on esper charge drops? Ridiculous

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I really hope they don't tie anything important to evoking an esper again, I can handle the Maxwell fight alright, but having to win the fight and deal with the stupid RNG on esper charge drops? Ridiculous

The most recent JP news for their upcoming new event has a requirement of Evoking Ramuh. Rewards Knuckle Mastery, which is like, eh, but does pair well with the 145 ATK Knuckle w/ High Tide they get as the initial clear reward.

So it's a thing going forward.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
god damnit, well i guess i can work on Rydia between events then

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Dial-a-Dog posted:

god damnit, well i guess i can work on Rydia between events then

It's even better as there's a Trial later on where you get a 10% Trust Moogle for evoking Ifrit AND Siren. It is a regular Trial, though, so it'll always be around.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

AegisP posted:

It's even better as there's a Trial later on where you get a 10% Trust Moogle for evoking Ifrit AND Siren. It is a regular Trial, though, so it'll always be around.

Good think Rydia is The Best.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Well, the 582 ATK whale Elza on my friends list absolutely destroyed Maxwell in 3 turns. Obviously that didn't leave enough time to build limit or esper charge so I'm not at all done with the fight, but it's nice to know that I have at least one way to kill her given my own lack of damage (I can field Cecil, Refia, and Tilith for a tanky as hell party, but the best I can bring for offence is Artemios or BC Lid).

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Mile'ionaha posted:

Good think Rydia is The Best.

I have two maxed out, a third 5* on her way, and two more @ 4 star. MAXIMUM SPACE ROCK POWAAAAA

Unfortunately for them Luneth/Refia showed up to eat all their cactuars though.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Pulled Garland on the half price today. Since I'm only lacking Duane (who I don't care about) and DKC (which I'll never pull), I'm done with even half price pulls until the next banner.

So, I maxed Cecil today and tried out Maxwell. It...went extremely poorly. My party is Cecil/Lightning/Agrias/Delita/Refia, and I brought a decent looking CoD friend for Omniveil. I was trying to summon Diablos so I played a bit defensive, but I just couldn't bring her down after I summoned Diablos. What's the strategy for her? I kept her under Full Break, I was using Meditate and Omniveil, I was guarding turn 4, but once CoD went down everything fell apart.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
If you're able to actually summon Diabolos, you've pretty much cleared the biggest hurdle of the challenge. Then it becomes a "gently caress just kill it" thing, which is much easier to do than linger around praying for orbs and eating all of her attacks.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Just tried with an Elza friend and said gently caress it to Omniveil, and I feel like I could've done it if she'd had Dual Wield. But instead, Maxwell hit me in the face with Endless and that wiped out everyone but Cecil and Refia, and there was no coming back from that.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How does resetting work as far as getting your own moves to generate summon orbs? Is it as simple as, you can just restart the game over and over use the moves until they drop orbs? Or do you have to use your moves in different orders to get a different RNG for yourself?

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

said gently caress it to Omniveil

That was a mistake. Max kills you way faster than you can kill her with your shields down. Are you using your elixirs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

If damage output if a problem for people, I suggest going the Edgar chainsaw route. He's easy to get, you only need two, and with a good friend unit it makes taking out things like maxwell pretty acievable.

• Locked thread