Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Your sensitivity is crazy high :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

My sensitivity is low. My DPI is high.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I like how Thatcher and Mute have come back into the meta in a big way, at least for the moment until things settle back to normal. Since Hibana punches reinforced walls alot of public matches i'm seeing are coming down pretty heavily to if one team even brings Thatcher or Mute to begin with. Which in turn makes Twitch a pretty good alternative to Thatcher since if she can get a shock drone in you can basically do the same thing although much slower.

Coming from sombody that has had to play Thermite 90% of the time in random games i like this new direction. Because the "WOW SHINY AND NEW" factor also makes people try out Hibana's gadget and help the team win in the process. At least as long as they don't blow their loads on a clearly jammered or electrified wall. :argh:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

At least as long as they don't blow their loads on a clearly jammered or electrified wall. :argh:

It's even better when they try firing all three loads at indestructible walls, so all the thermite pellets just bounce off the wall around the room you're in...Then the Hibana player just looks around dumbly, at all the little pellets on the floor. :D

polka
May 10, 2007

Going up!

Dante18907 posted:

I take it all back. The brightness poo poo is worse than ever. Especially on Hereford. Its now leaking THROUGH walls and barricaded windows creating patches of BRILLIANT RADIANCE that enemies can hide in. Can this poo poo just be removed? gently caress its annoying to be shot from a patch of pure white that you cant see poo poo out of.

Case in point. In one of these pictures, there's a shotgun-made hole on the garage gate.

I'm not an expert in lighting or anything but I feel that in an enclosed room we should be able to see the far wall.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lighting is absolutely still hosed. i keep getting shot by enemies almost invisible due to being backlit.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

lighting is absolutely still hosed. i keep getting shot by enemies almost invisible due to being backlit.

I've got to wonder if it's intentional at this point to troll the community because its not like it isn't obvious within a single match that poo poo is screwed on day maps.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

I've got to wonder if it's intentional at this point to troll the community because its not like it isn't obvious within a single match that poo poo is screwed on day maps.
:lol: If you think developers play this game.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

cinci zoo sniper posted:

:lol: If you think developers play this game.

:lol:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

drat, Hard, you had to ruin it, didn't you?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

polka posted:

Case in point. In one of these pictures, there's a shotgun-made hole on the garage gate.

I'm not an expert in lighting or anything but I feel that in an enclosed room we should be able to see the far wall.

There's also the issue of operators being lit weird at certain ranges, that has operators that should be hard to see because of being in a dark area lit up almost white against a dark background

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away

polka posted:

This exactly! Its beyond ridiculous. Also when looking through windows sometimes, either myself doing it or when I watch the killcam, and the victim is luminescent in the darkness because the lighting is hosed and makes the character model shiny.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dante18907 posted:

This exactly! Its beyond ridiculous. Also when looking through windows sometimes, either myself doing it or when I watch the killcam, and the victim is luminescent in the darkness because the lighting is hosed and makes the character model shiny.
I had something like inverse of that on Border. I was peaking into a Hibana murderhole from toilets into Workshop, and had an amorphous blob shoot me with a shotgun, that eventually turned out to be a Valkyrie.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

I jumped in during the recent free weekend so forgive me if this was always the case, but the new patch feels like I somehow managed to install one of those lovely Enb/SweetFX mods to the PS4 version? Everything is ridiculously saturated and I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that before.

Confirm/deny Teletubbies mode added in last update or no.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Something is wrong with sound direction and volume in Skyscraper. People walking downstairs sound like they are walking next to you and the direction is all kinds of messed up. I think BOPE update broke the sound and it got worse with the latest update.

Also agree with the lighting messed up posts. It has been my biggest gripe with siege since release. It got worse with red storm update.

keyframe fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Nov 21, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Something is wrong with sound direction in general, it's especially noticable on Border when somebody is in the Armory during the drone phase; any reinforcing sounds like its in the server room. People on the roof on Kanal sound like they're in the room with you while you're in boat house bottom floor near the zodiac wall.

https://streamable.com/0skt

This is from when BOPE came out months ago and it's still pretty much the same.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
This is the only game I've ever stopped playing because it's too hard. I can't get consistent 40 fps on lowest settings, I have zero tactical awareness because sounds feel like they're coming from all around me, and I have no twitch reflexes. I just can't kill anyone, especially now that the only ones still playing are all highly-trained Navy Seals.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

keyframe posted:

Also agree with the lighting messed up posts. It has been my biggest gripe with siege since release. It got worse with red storm update.

Lighting feels like it's been hosed up for much longer, to me.

I wondered if it was just my game, somehow, being screwed up, but it's almost felt like playing a source game with "mat_Fullbright 1"/no proper lighting sometimes. Things seem a little oversaturated now, too.

Vengarr posted:

This is the only game I've ever stopped playing because it's too hard. I can't get consistent 40 fps on lowest settings, I have zero tactical awareness because sounds feel like they're coming from all around me, and I have no twitch reflexes. I just can't kill anyone, especially now that the only ones still playing are all highly-trained Navy Seals.

Under multisample AA in the graphics options make sure you have mutisample AA set to "Temporal Filtering", it can substantially bump up your framerate.

lohli fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 21, 2016

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I've had this game for a while but had no idea that it was still being supported. I'm on PS4 and added myself to the Google Doc. I know it's mostly PC, but if anyone wants to show me the ropes, I'd be grateful.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Hard,

I know you are getting hosed ITT right now but I need you to know something:

Blackbeard is immune to YOKAI's blasts when his shield is equipped. Even when shot in the back it does nothing.

Hard pls.

If you need video I'll capture it tonight.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hard, please add Ding Chavez as a playable character in season pass 2.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

IceOrb posted:

Blackbeard is immune to YOKAI's blasts when his shield is equipped.

Asked him exactly that four days ago, but its working as intended. :cheers:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

^^ What? I've never said that. Was i drunk again or can't you catch when i'm loving with ya.

IceOrb posted:

Hard,

I know you are getting hosed ITT right now but I need you to know something:

Blackbeard is immune to YOKAI's blasts when his shield is equipped. Even when shot in the back it does nothing.

Hard pls.

If you need video I'll capture it tonight.

Sure.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
Ding Chavez should have no recoil and 4 speed 3 armor

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ItheWelp87 posted:

And his ability should be to call in his old mate Vega, who smashes in through the window Ding designates and proceeds to gun the hostiles down, with the top-difficulty AI wallhacks :getin:

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 22, 2016

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Looking forward to the Rayman skin for Blitz. Removing his arms seems like the best buff possible

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

https://gfycat.com/ScientificDaringAmericanratsnake

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

hahahaha

Also a small patch will be deployed tomorrow and should reduce Hibana's crash on PS4.

quote:

We will be releasing Patch 5.1 to all platforms on November 22nd.
Localized versions of the patch notes will be posted as they become available.

Vote Kick Changes

Since its implementation, we have noticed abuse of the Vote to Kick feature, especially in Ranked matches where there is a stiff penalty. While we are still looking at other ways to implement a system that will allow for a more pleasant player experience, we found it necessary to remove this feature in Ranked for the short term.

In Casual, we are increasing the number of votes required for a Vote Kick to pass depending on the size of the grouped and un-grouped members.

Gameplay
Fixed – Attempting to breach without detonating the breach charge in the rappelling swing motion breaks the Operator’s animation.
Fixed – The hitbox surrounding Castle’s headgear is not accurate.
Fixed – Melee range is extended when striking from a low stance to a high stance.
Fixed – Users are not able to stand up when pressing [Shift] while prone in Barbed Wire.
Fixed – Operators sometimes appear as if they are flat. (No longer will Tachanka appear as if he is from another dimension. Unless… is he?)
Fixed – Holes created by Impact grenades do not reliably replicate the destruction on all clients.
Fixed – Throwing multiple gadgets at the same location in succession results in unexpected collision.
Fixed – Buck’s shotgun does not reliably create vaultable holes. (Further improvements made)
Fixed – Dying at the same moment as throwing a gadget will result in a duplicate of the gadget.
Fixed – Placed charges remain floating after the surface has been destroyed.
Fixed – Operator’s weapon disappears when attempting to pick up a gadget and then cancelling immediately.

Game Mode
Custom Match
Fixed – Changing the Action Phase Duration from 360 to 600 seconds results in the incorrect time being displayed.
Fixed – Abandon Match quit option persists into the next game session.
Fixed – Caster can be muted in the lobby even if voice chat is not functional.

Bomb
Fixed – Players are stuck in the defuser placement animation if attempting to place the defuser on a ballistic shield.
Fixed – When Echo has his secondary weapon drawn, the animation for destroying the defuser is broken.

Hostage
Fixed – The hostage is shown with the defuser icon on the HUD.
Fixed – Auto-reload is disabled for ballistic shield Operators carrying the Hostage.

Secure Area
Fixed – Players do not receive points for discovering the objective.

Operators
Sledge
Fixed – Sledge’s hammer cannot destroy Mute’s Jammers.

Hibana
Fixed – Major freezing issues occurring on PS4 when Hibana fires her X-KAIROS gadget for the first time.
Fixed – The sound effect of the X-KAIROS gadget can be heard across the entire map.
Fixed – Pellets do not stick to the corners of trap doors properly.

Echo
Fixed – Sonic Burst is not providing the intended effect on players that have been impacted.
Fixed – Sonic Burst does not impact players as intended if Echo shoots them in the shoulder.
Fixed – Player animation is not working as intended after being struck by Echo’s drone.

Thermite
Fixed – No sound is made when placing an Exothermic charge on a reinforced wall while rappelling.

Doc
Fixed – If Doc is downed while healing himself, he will enter a DBNO state, but will not be down.

IQ
Fixed – If IQ goes prone while ADS, her gadget will stop displaying distances and outlines.
Fixed – Once destroyed, cameras still appear on IQ’s gadget.

Twitch
Fixed – Players are able to use Twitch drones as support cameras.
Fixed – Picking up her Shock Drone and pressing the action button at the same time results in Twitch being stuck in an animation.

Mute
Fixed – Jammers do not block remote triggers if Operators stand within the Jammer’s radius.

Fuze
Fixed – Cluster Charge does not make holes in trap doors.

Pulse
Fixed – Pressing the left and right button quickly results in a broken animation.

Level Design
Skyscraper
Fixed – Level of detail issue on multiple shadows.
Fixed – Players are able to vault into wooden beams, causing a clipping issue.
Fixed – Drones do not have proper collision with the Western Tower.
Fixed – Users can remain stuck when vaulting over the bar.

Favela
Fixed – X-KAIROS pellets detonate instantly in Aunt’s Bedroom.

Yacht
Fixed – Vaulting animation is broken when vaulting through Spa Deck’s windows.
Fixed – Fuze is unable to deploy Cluster Charges on Spa Deck’s windows.
Fixed – Players experience rubber banding when passing through 3F Global Hallway breaches.

Kafe Dostoyevsky
Fixed – Echo’s drone does not experience proper collision with some ceilings.

Oregon
Fixed – Bullet effects can extend outside of the walls.

Player Experience
Fixed – “Destruction Master” Ubisoft Club Action is not unlocked if the player dies while breaching.
Fixed – Players can sometimes be stuck in their own corpse after changing cameras.
Fixed – Textures disappear from Hibana’s hood when viewing from a distance.
Fixed – Players are able to disable all maps in the matchmaking preferences.
Fixed – Capitao’s ammo count displays as 3/-1.
Fixed – Weapon crosshairs are displayed when viewing a teammate’s drone during the preparation phase.
Fixed – When performing a one shot kill to the enemy’s neck, the points for a headshot bonus are not award.
Fixed – Remaining rounds for the Bearing 9 shift in spectator mode.
Fixed – Inconsistency between the amounts of time displayed in “Surrender Sanction” and under “Ranked”.
Fixed – Performing a melee action while firing a shotgun causes a broken animation.
Fixed – The ammo count for Capitao’s tactical crossbow does not display properly when being spectated.
Fixed – Scoreboard updating is significantly delayed.
Fixed – Operators are not standing in the proper location in the MVP showcase.
Fixed – Ubisoft Club challenges are not available.
Fixed – Error 3-0x000A0003 is displayed when accepting an invitation after having gone through a suspended disconnect message.

Excuse me as i collapse now.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

ItheWelp87 posted:

Agree.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

hahahaha

Also a small patch will be deployed tomorrow and should reduce Hibana's crash on PS4.

I hope they're giving you overtime.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Echo gadget can cause goofy desync for spectators, where for the duration of the effect aim isn't tracked at all, it even shows up in killcams so presumably the server stops tracking aim direction.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
please post the patch notes in 'nordic english' so i can read them tia

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
please make sure it will still be possible to kick people who deserve to be kicked when i am playing with a group

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

Good work!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Prepping for black friday, been thinking about getting this since I heard it had a resurgence. How is the EU goon playerbase? I can't see myself playing this with pubbies all the time considering how much communication and tactics seem to help.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

REEEEEE SHIELDS CAN STILL GET SHOT IN THE FACE THROUGH THEIR BALLISTIC SHIELD HARD FIX YOUR GAME

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

REEEEEE SHIELDS CAN STILL GET SHOT IN THE FACE THROUGH THEIR BALLISTIC SHIELD HARD FIX YOUR GAME
"Adjusted light penetration through the shields' observation windows to fall in-line with overall lighting mechanics."

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Also I think the netcode is worse than it's ever been. It just straight up does not reflect what's going on on your screen at all. I just had a match where it came to a 1v1 against Blackbeard. I was in a corner and started to lean-strafe out of it, firing at him. I died, and on the killcam I went into the corner, stood still and leaned, and fired at him as he killed me. Also had a round where I shot a guy, ducked behind cover to reload, took a bit of damage to reload, and then Ash came around the cover and knifed me. On her killcam, I shot the guy as she ran in, she shot at me as I crouched, and then ran around and knifed me. On my screen, she wasn't in the room at all when any of that was happening, but on hers, she had fully walked through the doorway as I was shooting. It's ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Netcode is the best it has ever been. If you think it's the worst right now, you must be a very recent siege player. Hit detection is leagues better than before this season as well.

• Locked thread