Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:getin: or :frogout:
This poll is closed.
:boom: 38 17.35%
yes 34 15.53%
no 18 8.22%
maybe 22 10.05%
paging pagancow 40 18.26%
all of the above 24 10.96%
:same: 43 19.63%
Total: 77 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

MiniFoo
your dearest santee says:

1 - name all of the following media formats you would be capable of playing/reading: Vinyl record, VHS, DVD, Bluray, CD-ROM, Laserdisc, CED (hell of a longshot there), 3.5 inch floppy, 5.25 inch floppy, Zip disc.

2 - retro video game stuff y/n ?

3 - if retro games yes, name some retro games you like / systems you like

4 - types of movies u like

i was gonna get u a hat but do u know how hard it is to find that Stinko hat from that gif??/

1. at the moment: DVD, Bluray, CD, 3.5" floppy (ironically at one time I did have a Zip drive)

2. very yes

3. systems I currently possess: Atari 2600 (lol), Sega Saturn (JP), Dreamcast, N64, NDS/GBA, 3DS, Wii/GCN, Wii U, 360, PSP, PS2/PS1, PS4
at one point we had an OG Xbox around but I don't know what happened to it (which sucks, I wanted to try Gun Valkyrie because 360 emulation fucks up the controls and literally makes it unplayable. Also, Metal Wolf Chaos)
as a kid I went straight from NES to N64 and didn't experience the SNES/Genesis console wars, and emulating them doesn't evoke the same feeling, imo. same goes for the Neo Geo, which I love, but lol @ AES prices and/or having a loose MVS PCB or cab in a small apartment
I've also always been curious about weirder/niche stuff like the Wonderswan and PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16. my absolute favorite game genres are racing, rhythm, adventure, and action/platformers. RPGs with a better than average story and/or non-tedious battles are cool. I love fighting games but absolutely suck at them

4. comedies with offbeat or dark humor (coen bros. films, In Bruges), sci-fi (I loved the recent "hard" sci-fi trifecta of Gravity/Interstellar/The Martian, but more fictional stuff is good too), mystery/thriller (Chinatown is still one of my favorite movies), fascinating documentaries (Planet Earth is a great example, and I just recently saw both Going Clear and Enron, though I still need to see Zero Days). I'll start watching pretty much anything if it doesn't look stupid (or is so incredibly stupid/bad that it is more funny than painful; I do like to riff on awful movies). find me an animated film in one of the aforementioned categories for bonus points

wow that's a lot of words, sorry. also lol at that hat idea. don't think I'd wear that one too often, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
looks like I still have my xmas-y sig from last year enabled

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Annual Gift Panda posted:

looks like I still have my xmas-y sig from last year enabled

KEEP IT

Wiggly Wayne DDS you posted that you're a size medium. we need more info on what you're interested in bruv

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

KEEP IT

Wiggly Wayne DDS you posted that you're a size medium. we need more info on what you're interested in bruv
i'm not swimming in interests over here. obviously anything security but already have enough books and locks. beyond that it's always dark, cold, windy and raining here so outside poo poo/mealworms are a bit of a waste

not into retro gaming, and already have about everything i'm interested in playing already. got xcom fan poo poo already, don't play boardgames though

far as alcohol i mainly drink rum, and the only beer i can tolerate is belgian but already stocked up over here

any dumb local things would be interesting, beyond that ask your terrible santee more specific questions

e: i drink a lot of tea but in those double-sized mugs

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 21, 2016

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I don't have any questions for my santee. does that make me a bad santa?

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
I'm rarely asked questions. I'm pretty easy to get gifts for though. I think.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cat Face Joe posted:

hello Cocoa Crispies

do you prefer GRAPHICS or TEXT MODE

on one hand I am a serious console cowboy and love ascii and ansi art

but on the other hand I prefer ircclod to irssi because of graphics

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

courtesy gif from our local red panda enthusiast

YO VINTERSORG

What size pants and t-shirts?
what kind of action figures do you collect?
What is your favorite movie?
What is your favorite color?

eyy atomicthumbs

1a.) Are there any dead media formats you specifically do not want any/more of?
1b.) Similarly, any technology families that just aren't your jam or that you already have too vast a hoard of?

2.) Are you a coffee and/or tea drinker?

HAIL eSATA-n fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 29, 2016

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
spent 6 hours on the yosgift today and its looking pretty good!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

eyy atomicthumbs

1a.) Are there any dead media formats you specifically do not want any/more of?
1b.) Similarly, any technology families that just aren't your jam or that you already have too vast a hoard of?

2.) Are you a coffee and/or tea drinker?

oh lord

1a.) I've had to limit my video tape collecting to things that I can specifically use in my art: i.e. unmarked/mysterious betacam tapes with potential raw footage, corporate promotional/internal videos on VHS, etc to avoid filling up the entirety of my storage unit. I'll take any cool poo poo you might want to throw my way, but remember I get infinite free VHS tapes of pretty much any mass-market media thing at work :v:
1b.) at this point... I'd say anything too bulky for the same reason (am currently living in dorm room). let's say avoid A/V equipment, old game consoles, and most old computers (I've got enough sparcstations, SGIs, macs, and amigas to cause issues when I need to move things around)

2.) I'm not a big fan of coffee, but I like tea and yerba mate. I've been planning to get a kettle or something so I can stop making it a cup at a time in my microwave.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
a lot of traitors of the sludge this year...

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

my gift is going to be a doozie

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i run a print / embroidery shop and also have 3d printers if anyone needs anything done. Gotta get your orders in quick though.

just PM me

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i have an item bought nov 4th with the last tracking update on nov 10th. expected delivery dec 7th

i hate buying internationally

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
an enotnert tip from someone who has shipped a lot of booze. . .

you will see marking it as "yeast samples" as a common way of doing things. . . this has gotten me held up more than often.

I have never had a package held up when labeled as "local soda"

Which in my neck of the woods a "road soda" is a beer you drink while driving, so not too far off the truth.

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
also don't drink and drive, the custom of the road soda is no more than 1, on normally abandoned country roads.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

valeyard how do you feel about about tech junk? is there any tech junk you specifically dislike or actually collect?

no gif cause I'm phone posting. thanks and hail satan

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

a follow up question for Valeyard

how do you feel about gardening?

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe
I missed YOSMAS this year :cry:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

hail

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

hello Super Nailgun

do you like alcohol?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
When shipping from Canada, I ship alcohol as as "Maple Syrup" since it always comes in fancy rear end bottles.

Though I'm usually shipping maple whiskey so...

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
Last year my santa drop shipped me my booze from a local (or at least EU) retailer and then mailed some other stuff by hand. Check around as even the most obscure booze is probably being sold by someone in that country and you may well save yourself a fortune in shipping fees.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kC5k5QBqcc

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I ain't bought poo poo for my santee yet but I know what I'm getting them now that I know who they are :c00l:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

hello C.H.O.M.E., beep boop

do you drink coffee

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

valeyard how do you feel about about tech junk? is there any tech junk you specifically dislike or actually collect?

i like tech junk, i do not really dislike anything

on the other hand i dont collect much either, the closest thing to collect would be old nokia s60 phones lol (retro/non retro gaming stuff is cool too)

Cat Face Joe posted:

a follow up question for Valeyard

how do you feel about gardening?

unfortunately, I despise it, hate the garden at current house and will probably move into a flat next year without a garden

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

sned valeyard a bag of cement so he can pave his by

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i'll send you a tyre to fit in with the neighbours

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

hello Samuel L. ACKSYN

1. do you prefer movies in DVD or bluray?
2. do like new games or exclusively retro ones?
3. do you like plants?
4. do you like spicy stuff?

bonus round! do you like to cook?

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 23, 2016

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Cat Face Joe posted:

hello Samuel L. ACKSYN

1. do you prefer movies in DVD or bluray?
2. do like new games or exclusively retro ones?
3. do you like plants?
4. do you like spicy stuff?

bonus round! do you like to cook?

hello

1 - i prefer bluray over dvd, if available.

2 - either is fine, i generally play older games though. my pc has a gtx 650. the only current gen console i have is a wiiu. i particularly enjoy mediocre first person shooters because i'm a fool. i also enjoy old adventure games (fmv based is a plus; again, because i'm a fool). but really pretty much any genre is fine.

3 - as in planting them or whatever? not really.

4 - yes but not those extremely spicy "satan's butthole" 1 million scoville things.

bonus round - yes but i'm rubbish at it.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
My Santee's crypto challenge has been completed. It is going to be fun

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

OSI bean dip posted:

You've got family in this end of the country, don't you?

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

OSI bean dip posted:

:woop:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

OSI bean dip posted:

lol if I'm your santee because I'll never figure it out

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

most of the fun of these challenges is the big team solution with the victim as remote hands

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Cocoa Crispies posted:

most of the fun of these challenges is the big team solution with the victim as remote hands

this is also the reason we aren't allowed to send fleshlights anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Cocoa Crispies posted:

will keep that in mind

• Locked thread