Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

How would I be on the list of suspects for a silencer, if one even exists? Please clarify the chain of events in your mind that occurred with me as a silencer in this game. Start from my pre-game post where I identified I wanted to vote lurkers like Dick/Jedit and walk me through the assignment of roles and my state of mind.

Like keep in mind who I am and what I believe outside of this game. If I got this role, would I even use it?

If I got to assign fun PR's, I'd do that, but stopping people from posting is the opposite of what I want to happen in SA mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poison Mushroom posted:

But if no one else claims being silenced, and because a silencer didn't flip last night or this morning, it really starts to throw Jedit into question. They're definitely coming out a little worse in the slapfight, but I will admit that I'm biased towards KingB because he's a cool dude. So, I'm trying to look at this through the lens of 'claimed silence' in order to keep myself from letting personal feelings get in the way.

I don't really like either of those qualifiers

1) it could be a one time use
2) if it's a scum role it was unlikely to flip last night barring a 3p killer (or more scum not knowing each other like chores)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

I do not feel bad for doubting that the turbo would happen :colbert:

Wow look how easy that was

##vote Jimson get out here bitchboy

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

Nah not criticizing the turbo as i'm on record as a vote and saying i would've voted to hammer, I brought it up to say that we didn't get much to analyze out of 4-5 pages of d1 content because of a turbo and as a result votes are being made today based on complete speculation of an unflipped role

Fair, but you were still criticizing setup spec while only offering setup spec opinions, right?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

Wow look how easy that was

##vote Jimson get out here bitchboy

I had already posted :confused:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

I don't really like either of those qualifiers

1) it could be a one time use
2) if it's a scum role it was unlikely to flip last night barring a 3p killer (or more scum not knowing each other like chores)

I agree with this.

But he's still probably scum. :)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

King Burgundy posted:

Fair, but you were still criticizing setup spec while only offering setup spec opinions, right?

sure. but is it still setup spec to offer alternatives in the hope of showing why voting based on setup spec is bad?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

I had already posted :confused:

Have any opinions on scum today?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I made myself dizzy.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

jedit is definitely telling the truth

but luckily, silenceri s clearly a town role, so we can still kill him

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

sure. but is it still setup spec to offer alternatives in the hope of showing why voting based on setup spec is bad?

I think so. But also, I'm not against setup spec, I'm just bothered by the conflict. You thinking setup spec is bad, without offering anything outside of that at the time. To me it looked like scum behavior where you were trying to find things to talk about without making alignment calls.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

jedit is definitely telling the truth

but luckily, silenceri s clearly a town role, so we can still kill him

What makes you say that?

And what?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Jedit posted:

Hence my post with a million votes in it - I was spelling out a message using player names.

Jedit posted:

##vote King Burgundy

##vote Poque
##vote Eight Dollars
##vote GulagDolls
##vote got some chores tonight
##vote Eight Dollars
##vote Dick Bastardly

##vote Moatillata
##vote Eight Dollars

##unvote

##vote King Burgundy

Pegged you how? As scum? With the silence? Please explain.

King Burgundy posted:

How would I be on the list of suspects for a silencer, if one even exists? Please clarify the chain of events in your mind that occurred with me as a silencer in this game. Start from my pre-game post where I identified I wanted to vote lurkers like Dick/Jedit and walk me through the assignment of roles and my state of mind.
Alright. This doesn't sounds as good on paper, but assuming you were a vengeful person, or were using it as cover for scummy behavior, and you had an N0 silence and had to use it on someone, you'd either A) use it one someone you think would be the least benefit to town to have talking (if you're town), or B) use it on someone you feel you could easily justify a lurker hang on (if you're scum).

Jedit's a pretty good choice, either way.

That's pure speculation, but if this slapfight with Jedit is legit, it gives the idea at least a little credence.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Pegged you how? As scum? With the silence? Please explain.

Alright. This doesn't sounds as good on paper, but assuming you were a vengeful person, or were using it as cover for scummy behavior, and you had an N0 silence and had to use it on someone, you'd either A) use it one someone you think would be the least benefit to town to have talking (if you're town), or B) use it on someone you feel you could easily justify a lurker hang on (if you're scum).

Jedit's a pretty good choice, either way.

That's pure speculation, but if this slapfight with Jedit is legit, it gives the idea at least a little credence.

I guess that's reasonable.

FWIW, I didn't think there were any hard feelings from last game, there definitely weren't on my side. But it is apparent that Jedit is harboring something against me. Sorry man, none of this is personal, just like I said last game. Just playing the game! (of course, if he flips scum again this game, it could just be an act on his part just like it could have been last time, he never confirmed either way)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't know why Jedit would make up a claim like that, but his argument against KB makes no sense, especially when he's basing this reasoning off a game where he was scum and KB was town and had him pegged.

Also don't like relying on KB making statements before the game started and then Jedit saying "I'm not using that...but then also that matters."

It's a real bad argument. Jedit probably scum.

##vote Jedit

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

Have any opinions on scum today?

Not particularly.

The Jedit claiming to be silenced is interesting. The timeline you presented makes a compelling case for why a silencer is unlikely but I can't imagine why someone who was specifically called out before game as a potential lurker would go "Well I'll just create a silenced fake claim and that will get everyone off my back." I get that it gives them an excuse but I don't get how anyone would think it's a believable claim. IIRC you pointed out the possibility of someone being around and turning in a N0 action during the time while Tobbs was handing roles out. As unlikely as it is, that's where I've landed on it now. Think Jedit is wrong to point the finger at you for it, though.

I like this quote you put against poque

King Burgundy posted:

I think so. But also, I'm not against setup spec, I'm just bothered by the conflict. You thinking setup spec is bad, without offering anything outside of that at the time. To me it looked like scum behavior where you were trying to find things to talk about without making alignment calls.

But I'm internally conflicted because poque has also listed me as a scum pick both days and I sometimes get huge OMGUS blinders. I'll need to give it more thought when I'm not also busy elsewhere.

I'll give you an actual scum read tonight, on my honor as chairman of the peace loving alliance (:rip: Dick)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

And yeah, KB, I did realise that you posted before roles went out after the fact, which is why I'm not voting you now I can do something other than vote. But until a Town Silencer is flipped, you must realise that you have been made to look bad - either because you are bad, or because your attempts to push me again have inadvertently left you wide open to accusations.

This is the post I'm talking about. "inadvertently left you wide open to accusations." I don't even know what that means. Something KB said before the game started is making him look bad because...?

And are you accusing him or not. Like it's chastising KB for letting himself be called scummy without giving reason as to why what he did was scummy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's not enough for me to vote either way, because so much of it is pure speculation, but I'm probably going to be scrutinizing both of you a little more closely than I might otherwise.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'd still very much like to know what Jedit meant by 'pegged'.

Sex joke.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, it's an odd word choice. Especially when he could have done something like this:

vote aSIina
vote chaosLord
vote cckEaNe
vote CckEane
vote Dick bastardly

Would have been far more obvious something weird was going on and actually spells out silenced.

Probably against the spirit of the role if it really exists and might have got him dinged, but it's not like people don't vote things like this either:

Vote DudeWhoSilencedMe

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
idk I think it's gettin personal KB

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

idk I think it's gettin personal KB

Can you point where you think I'm doing something I shouldn't?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Updated Votefinder, fyi.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Can you point where you think I'm doing something I shouldn't?

I think his breadcrumb is fine and pointing out this weird bad faith work around as a possible different solution therefore he is lying seems bad. There are holes in his story, but that isn't a good one.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

I think his breadcrumb is fine and pointing out this weird bad faith work around as a possible different solution therefore he is lying seems bad. There are holes in his story, but that isn't a good one.

Uh, how is that personal? That's pure game opinion and what I'd do if silenced as described.

I don't frankly even understand where you are coming from on this.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Kashuno posted:

what are the holes in his story?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

what are the holes in his story?

we dont have anyone so far that seems silenced

King Burgundy posted:

Uh, how is that personal? That's pure game opinion and what I'd do if silenced as described.

I don't frankly even understand where you are coming from on this.

i think your drive to lynch jedit isn't entirely game based that's all :sun:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

i think your drive to lynch jedit isn't entirely game based that's all :sun:

Like are you claiming I wouldn't say the same thing if you had done what he did? That I'd only make that comment if it was Jedit who was in the line of fire?

That is pretty nonsensical, if so. And you know way better than that since you are very familiar with my play. I'll go down every rabbit hole. :)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

KB if you copped jedit I think you should just say so

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

KB if you copped jedit I think you should just say so

rofl. No, this isn't like where I lie detect or cop someone and then make up the best case I can to get them cuddled. There are good reasons to cuddle him that everyone should see right now. I have no night action reasons to pursue him.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Chores has been lynched!

He was the Judge.

Once per game, PM the mod to call court. For two hours (after the mod posts in thread that court has been called) the only votes that will be accepted are those PM'd to the mod. Each player can PM one vote and may not unvote. Lynches will be by plurality, and the two players with the most votes will be lynched. You have three votes that day.

You are self/scum aligned. You can win with any non-town faction that eliminates all other threats. You have no doc access, and no knowledge of the scum team, and vise versa.

BTW, this role is awesome. I can't believe Chores didn't use it. Even if he'd still get voted he could have got someone else cuddled too.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Updated Votefinder, fyi.

Thanks! I'm getting home this evening.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

My guess for scum team.

CCKeane
GulagDolls/Jedit
Asiina

namaste

I think this is too many btw.

4 scum, a 3 man team + 1 bonus scum with that judge power seems overpowered to me for a 13 player game.

So probably only 2 man team + chores? And some 3p?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
there are 3 scum

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

there are 3 scum

Hmmm. Well that's brutal then. So 4 starting scum in a 13 player game. Plus whatever else.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'd still very much like to know what Jedit meant by 'pegged'.

Sex joke.

It was all I could think of that I could spell with the names of people in the game. It's pretty hilarious to watch everyone speculate, though.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Hey here are my thoughts.

I'm having a hard time believing Jedit is scum rn. This is mainly because I really doubt that he'd shove himself into the forefront of the game (especially after a day and a night where we didn't learn anything) to cause all this disruption. Most scum don't do that imo, they'd prefer to not be someone who gets a lot of attention/possible night actions. And it's not as if his case is good either. It's all simply circumstantial evidence.

Assuming Jedit is scum we'd have to believe that he was willing to put himself at risk not saying anything D1 and that he was luckily targeted by a town silencer (which still to me sounds more like a scum role) or a scum silencer (targeting their own group for reasons?) who then decided to use a bad case on KB based on evidence only he could argue. I just can't see it y'all.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Hey Jed and KB, outside of each other. Who else do you think are scumbos?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Asiina posted:

I don't know why Jedit would make up a claim like that, but his argument against KB makes no sense, especially when he's basing this reasoning off a game where he was scum and KB was town and had him pegged.

Also don't like relying on KB making statements before the game started and then Jedit saying "I'm not using that...but then also that matters."

It's a real bad argument. Jedit probably scum.

##vote Jedit

I don't like this, and it may just be because Asiina's jumping in and out, but it goes way too quickly from "his argument doesn't make sense and is bad therefore scum" rather than "Jedit you're being dumb rn"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Also what happened to Jimson :goleft:

• Locked thread