Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If you ain't Telvanni you ain't poo poo. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/306678/all-known-future-content

Ok so most of this has been datamined already and poo poo, but calling Sky Shadowing to the thread because...

:siren::siren:RED MOUNTAIN AS POSSIBLE TRIAL #5:siren::siren:

And before someone jumps in here saying Murkmire was scrapped (*cough*berke*cough), it was confirmed by Kai Schrober at Gamescom that it's being reworked to work similarly to Craglorn after One Tamriel.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 4, 2016

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Vvardenfell is really interesting and difficult for Morrowind vets. As far as any fictional location is, it's Sacred Ground. My sperg will be turboed to max and I will bitch endlessly if it's not done just right. If you want to make fun of me as I go Maximum Goon in guild chat you will know when to be there.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Argoonians are clearly the superior goons. Argonians counter-invaded Mehrunes Dagon so loving hard that the Daedra start closing their own Oblivion Gates because the lizards kicked their poo poo in so badly. They stole a flying island from hell and used it to purge invaders and raise an undead army. When faced with bigger threats, they consistently allied with races that have deeply wronged (i.e. slaughtered or loving enslaved) them. They are lizards that have psychic connections to trees which give them prophetic visions and occasionally straight-up buffs, and trip balls on tree sap which basically makes them evolve. They look cool and sound cool and have cool naming conventions. Also their women have titties for no good reason and that rules too.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

hey i never thought murkmire was going to be scrapped

glad to see more datamined stuff as always, v hype

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

dromal phrenia posted:

Argoonians are clearly the superior goons. Argonians counter-invaded Mehrunes Dagon so loving hard that the Daedra start closing their own Oblivion Gates because the lizards kicked their poo poo in so badly. They stole a flying island from hell and used it to purge invaders and raise an undead army. When faced with bigger threats, they consistently allied with races that have deeply wronged (i.e. slaughtered or loving enslaved) them. They are lizards that have psychic connections to trees which give them prophetic visions and occasionally straight-up buffs, and trip balls on tree sap which basically makes them evolve. They look cool and sound cool and have cool naming conventions. Also their women have titties for no good reason and that rules too.

They didn't steal Umbriel, they made a deal with the ruler of the city to only purge the unclean- the foreigners and 'corrupted' Argonians.

And it's still unclear if that was the actions of just one Hist or all of them.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

If Red Mountain is an upcoming trial I'm very curious how they will do that. If I remember correctly Dagoth Ur is still asleep so there wouldn't be any blight* or anything in the area, and the Ghost Fence has yet to be complete. It is a couple more centuries before the Tribunal stops making their pilgrimages right Sky?

*maybe? I can't remember specifically but I think the blight is only a thing that grows as Dagoth is up and about

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Dagoth Ur isn't active in any way at least, so probably sleeping about becoming new Godhead. But that does give me a possible nature of the Trial; enter his dreamscape to keep him that way, and bosses are monstrosities he dreams up.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Don't forget that Red Mountain is also one of the Towers of Tamriel so if there's something going to be done with it in ESO you can drat well bet it's going to involve a Daedric Prince trying to bring it down or something, which will in turn wake Dagoth Ur up to start wrecking poo poo.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Looking into it the book "Kyne's Challenge" describes an encounter with corprus husks outside Bal Foyen in 2E 581 (around the time of ESO) so I guess they would be around even if Dagoth Ur is still sleeping. There's also corprus husks in Maelstrom arena but that is in Oblivion so reality is kind of murky.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
we're calling this one "Waiting for DromelPhrenia"

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I got this game and made a Lizard Dragonknight. Level 8 at the moment and what I hate is that all my bag space is filled pretty quick with flowers and rune stones. Anything I should do early on?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Waiting in the dungeon finder for 45 minutes, getting a group and then getting immediately kicked from the group: cool stuff.

15 minute penalty for queueing again even! What a great system.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
run with goons mang, pugs are stupid

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Things I have learnt about playing ESO: no matter how fun and/or engaging the game is, Stonefalls is a boring lovely zone and inevitably will cause me to get bored and quit, again.

Edit: Did the servers just go offline or did I get banned for trying to name my character a rude word?

Brain In A Jar fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 5, 2016

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
One day I will return to ESO

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Brain In A Jar posted:

Things I have learnt about playing ESO: no matter how fun and/or engaging the game is, Stonefalls is a boring lovely zone and inevitably will cause me to get bored and quit, again.

Edit: Did the servers just go offline or did I get banned for trying to name my character a rude word?
Good news, friend: One Tamriel means that you can level anywhere now. There should be wayshrines to the other faction starting zones so you can hop around as you see fit.

If you want a recommendation for an Ebonheart Pact area, I recently did everything in Shadowfen and I have to say that despite the story being somewhat dark (because everyone is a jerk to the Argonians) the zone is in fact extremely good and had an interesting story from start to finish. The sidequests are also really cool and you get a lot more history and lore about the Hist.

Deshaan also has an interesting main plot but I didn't like it as much as Shadowfen. I've also heard from others that the Dominion storylines are quite good.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
If I could get an invite that would be fantastic.

@Savidudeosoo

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Scyantific posted:

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnnR0s6eCPk

Yep, this poo poo is already wearing out its welcome. Good job Firor and Lambert.

I think you meant to say that this is the greatest thing they've ever done.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Stanley Pain posted:

I think you meant to say that this is the greatest thing they've ever done.

Woohhhh how did I miss that :aaa: How many of those crown crate bullshit coins do you get per bullshit crate? Havent really paid attention, but you can buy the mounts for a ridiculous amount of those, right?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I found a fun bug that pulls everything within leash range.

I have the morag tong set on and the 5 piece bonus puts a debuff on an enemy if I do direct damage to it.

Fossilize puts a damage shield on the enemy and stuns the target. The damaeg shield is most likely the culprit. The game can't figure out what to do with a damage value that is going the wrong way and instead puts the morag tong debuff on every target it can within 50 or so meters even through walls.

Lots of fun in old orsimier.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Could I get an invite? @Antoni.Valens.

I'm just getting back into ESO after being in the beta, but so far it feels like an Elder Scrolls game. I even ran into M'aiq the Liar.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

sluggo is mad posted:

we're calling this one "Waiting for DromelPhrenia"

:shobon: my doggy needed to be walked!

on the plus side, it is because of this that i now know there is a sitchair emote, which i have used often since that night

speaking of, is there a comprehensive list of emotes? i feel like there are an insane number of animations

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

dromal phrenia posted:

speaking of, is there a comprehensive list of emotes? i feel like there are an insane number of animations

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/150982/comprehensive-list-of-emotes-tested this seems fairly accurate. My personal favorite idle animations are /eat and /leanbackcoin (do this one and then go into first person). /shovel if you are waiting for your group to res after a wipe.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm a huge fan of the musical ones. Lute, flute, and, my favorite, drum get a lot of use.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

So this game is p cool. I made my night blade into some kind of kensai with the teleport strike, invis and uppercut. I vanish and then nail dudes for heck of damage. But also I can be a cool healer who leeches the blood of my enemies to heal my friends.

Love the class flexibility here, holy crap

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

dromal phrenia posted:

The in-game F1 Help menu has a section where it lists all of the emotes ordered in sub-categories.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Orcs are really sad in this game. Theyre just humans with orc faces.

And all the elves look the same

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 6, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Kakarot posted:

Orcs are elves in TES games. So, they're technically elves with Orc faces.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I know the crown crates are a money pit, and I'm not intending to buy any, but could someone tell me how much stuff you get in one, or what the rarity distribution is like? Is it true that the only way to get crown gems is by trading in duplicates of items you've already found in crown crates?

There's, like, exactly one thing I'd want, and it's the Argonian feather headdress. I'd buy it if it were an item in the crown store, but gently caress gambling for any kind of reward.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 6, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kakarot posted:

I could get saying like wood elves and high elves look similar enough or whatever, even though great big height disparity, but I dunno how dark elves look like either.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
That's racist.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Rollersnake posted:

I know the crown crates are a money pit, and I'm not intending to buy any, but could someone tell me how much stuff you get in one, or what the rarity distribution is like? Is it true that the only way to get crown gems is by trading in duplicates of items you've already found in crown crates?

There's, like, exactly one thing I'd want, and it's the Argonian feather headdress. I'd buy it if it were an item in the crown store, but gently caress gambling for any kind of reward.

The only thing guaranteed to be in every box are the garbage consummables which you can buy with crowns anyway. You can trade anything in the box for 1 of those gems. Im assuming if its one of the bigger items it'd more, but buying poo poo with those gems would make those things tremendously expensive.

Most MMOs aren't Eve. They don't have many years to monetize their poo poo. This will happen in every MMO going forward. There is no way they won't get a huge jump in revenue behind this.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Kakarot posted:

Orcs are also sad because they used to be Elves and then their god got eaten by another god and shat out, and now he's a worse god and they became uglier and socially outcast.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

You know, I don't think they designed this helmet with Argonians in mind.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Trying to zoom in, not seeing any clipping it anything. Fits snugly on your snoot. Truthfully the "full mask" ones are more obviously distended, like Dunmer Medium. They just slightly stretch the polygon out, sadly they don't crimp it in to make up for the non round head shape.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Dec 6, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/06/introducing-homestead

First look at housing.

Bye bye Mournhold.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

And yes, Goon House will be in Shadowfen.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

And yes, Goon House will be in Shadowfen.

This is the best part of the whole amazing release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
At the end, are they implying that you can buy and decorate landmarks in the world? Why show off Craglorn?