Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Schlesische posted:

This reminds me of the time everyone thought Brisbane were going to be less embarrassing because their midfield was really good and they have young forward prospects.

I still see people saying Brisbane has the makings of a scary god midfield. I don't know if it's just that they're so far from the Melbourne footy bubble that none of their players are well known but I just don't see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

In those three games the pies polled 2 Brownlow votes via Dane swan, also Crisp is an objectively better midfielder than Jack Viney

The ratings in that article don't match up with the ratings on the champion data player rating website (which has Crisp lower than Viney). Could be bad journalism or maybe the website hasn't been updated for changes in the rating system. I don't know. But it is surprising since Viney is better in pretty much every stat that I can find.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Lions midfield should have been good but it was derailed by the team falling apart and the injury to Beams. Beams, Hanley, Zorko and Rockliff would have been the core of a very good midfield with players like Christensen, Robinson, Taylor and Mathieson giving it added depth.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Collingwood v Richmond GF imo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

thepokey posted:

Collingwood v Richmond GF imo

Short price favourite imo

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
My guess is that Melbourne's midfield ranks so low because they have a lot of gun inside mids but very few players with classy disposal skills

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I think it's more because they just don't stack up against a premiership midfield like Collingwood's

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Shmoses posted:

My guess is that Melbourne's midfield ranks so low because they have a lot of gun inside mids but very few players with classy disposal skills

Na, it's almost certainly to do with the way they calculate performance over two seasons and the effect of the Dees having a lot of young talent in their first two years playing as a mid or mid/fwd. Their established midfield talent (Viney, Jones, Tyson and Vince) is good but there are no absolute superstars in there at the moment.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Shmoses posted:

We keep picking them up but they never get on the park :(

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Periphery posted:

The Lions midfield should have been good but it was derailed by the team falling apart and the injury to Beams. Beams, Hanley, Zorko and Rockliff would have been the core of a very good midfield with players like Christensen, Robinson, Taylor and Mathieson giving it added depth.

It still can be good. If they implement ANY kind of structure for the team and have a good run with injuries they should actually be pretty decent.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Testekill posted:

Go home Championship data, you're drunk

Was there a News Ltd. buyout I missed?

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

monolithburger posted:

Was there a News Ltd. buyout I missed?

If News had bought out CD, Richmond would be ranked 1 and the Herald Sun front page would read "Dimma's Flag to Lose".

Richmond sell more newspapers than Collingwood on an account of more Richmond supporters being actually able to read.
All the Pies supporters share the shame newspaper in prison anyway.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

put both hands in posted:

phwoar, look at that richmond midfield! they'd have to be close to flag certainties!

plus they have the best fullback of the modern era! combined with jack riewoldt up forward makes you wonder why they arent premiership favourites?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snaeksikn posted:

plus they have the best fullback of the modern era! combined with jack riewoldt up forward makes you wonder understand why they arent premiership favourites?

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Dec 12, 2016

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

pkid posted:

If News had bought out CD, Richmond would be ranked 1 and the Herald Sun front page would read "Dimma's Flag to Lose".

Now imagine if the Microwave or Plastic Card manufacturing sectors ever got their hands on Championship Data.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
It's Champion Data.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Oh we're doing the year of foundation thing on our jumpers too next year. I guess 1902 isn't as impressive as 1870 or 1873, but anyway.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

pkid posted:

Richmond sell more newspapers than Collingwood on an account of more Richmond supporters being actually able to read.
All the Pies supporters share the shame newspaper in prison anyway.

Collingwood definitely attract more eyeballs than Richmond. Sorry.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Is it loving footy season yet? Im going out of my loving mind.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Nutsngum posted:

Is it loving footy season yet? Im going out of my loving mind.

gently caress that. Footy already dominates so much of the year, I'm super grateful for the couple of months we get off now. I can't believe anyone is genuinely gagging for footy in mid-December.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
I'm sad the women's league only begins in February, I wanted to go to a game. I'll only be back in Aus for January. Haven't been to a live game in four years now!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shmoses posted:

gently caress that. Footy already dominates so much of the year, I'm super grateful for the couple of months we get off now. I can't believe anyone is genuinely gagging for footy in mid-December.

Every non footy month is a bad, boring month.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

realbez posted:

:agreed:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Shmoses posted:

I am gagging for a foot long sherrin shaped cock drat it!

Wait...

On the plus side, went and helped out at my club's first women's team training session. 20 girls rocked up which is a loving great start before christmas.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

realbez posted:

Cricket is a much better sport and is happening now :shrug: also I'm one of the 0.5% of the population that loves the A-League

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Shmoses posted:

I hope next season never ends since Gaz is going back to Geelong after it. :(

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Nutsngum posted:

On the plus side, went and helped out at my club's first women's team training session. 20 girls rocked up which is a loving great start before christmas.

20 at preseason in December? Holy cow.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Shmoses posted:

Cricket is a much better sport and is happening now :shrug: also I'm one of the 0.5% of the population that loves the A-League

cricket barely even counts as a sport, all the athleticism of a sauna and about as interesting.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

spamman posted:

After Christmas training is the true test...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

monolithburger posted:

After Christmas training is the true test...

8am Boxing Day

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Shmoses posted:

Cricket is a much better sport and

Mods?!?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

spamman posted:

I was honestly expecting 20 of the club boys down for a perve and about a half dozen girls. Was the other way around fortunately!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shmoses posted:

Stop trolling in here!

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://twitter.com/martydownunder/status/808629971484712960

:vince:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nice one marty

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I love Cricket and have really gotten into it in the last few years. But yeah, I miss me some footy.

Really excited about there being a whole new league of footy happening in February :3:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Surely a goon.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Cotchin's name is as good as an asterisk in my mind.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Hey guys, catching up with th-

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

ewe2 posted:

Hey guys, catching up with th-