Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
So...
Playoffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
great news to hear it'll be back next season, will we be doing the playoffs this season or has it come too late into the takeover ?

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000
Lock up your microwaves... SwearingScience is here!
I'll set it up for playoffs tomorrow, why not :)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

VIVA ELIMINATOR!

Dr Tran posted:

So...
Playoffs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
saseliminator.com is dead, long live saseliminator.com!

Playoffs are up, spreads, moneylines and O/U have been lovingly hand-entered so if you were a funbucks or spread player, let me know if something seems.. off. I never funbucked so I don't know what to expect. Otherwise you shouldn't notice anything, if you do also let me know so we can fix it.

There are no emails being sent at the moment so here's your reminder to bet. Bet.

Results should populate automatically as usual but if they don't, we'll be working on it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Thanks, Qwijib0, you rock!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

Thanks, Qwijib0, you rock!

:tipshat: it's myself and a couple not-so regulars who couldn't let it die. Too fun.

Update the first: emails might actually start working soon, so if you get one, neat!

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000
Go Qwijib0!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Niiice. I have made all my terrible dumb picks!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Big smile!!! :greencube:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

:tipshat: it's myself and a couple not-so regulars who couldn't let it die. Too fun.

Update the first: emails might actually start working soon, so if you get one, neat!

what's the code base in? I could help out, maybe...

multigl
Nov 22, 2005

"Who's cool and has two thumbs? This guy!"

JPrime posted:

what's the code base in? I could help out, maybe...

ruby

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Qwijib0 posted:

Playoffs are up, spreads, moneylines and O/U have been lovingly hand-entered so if you were a funbucks or spread player, let me know if something seems.. off. I never funbucked so I don't know what to expect. Otherwise you shouldn't notice anything, if you do also let me know so we can fix it.

There are no emails being sent at the moment so here's your reminder to bet. Bet.

Results should populate automatically as usual but if they don't, we'll be working on it.

Unrelated to this wonderful job you're doing, I feel that it is time for me to inform you, like a good friend would when her gal pal has parsley stuck in her teeth, that you have a glaring failure on your public persona and it might be time to update: your avatar.

Thanks for keeping eliminator going. Thanks for starting it in the first place Rura.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

well neveryoumind then. :/

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Qwijib0 posted:

Yay!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

Unrelated to this wonderful job you're doing, I feel that it is time for me to inform you, like a good friend would when her gal pal has parsley stuck in her teeth, that you have a glaring failure on your public persona and it might be time to update: your avatar.

Hmm, yes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Qwijib0 posted:

Hmm, yes.

:lol:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

Hmm, yes.

:hfive:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Is the site showing a security warning for anyone else? Using Chrome.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
We just took over DNS so it could be related to that, I'll have a look when I'm back at a real computer.

Next weeks games should be up tomorrow

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 9, 2017

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It still works click on standings and navigate from there.

Also taking the points was a huge loser for me but I made some of it back on parleys of insurance against losing all 4 games. Plus I guessed the over under yesterday thank goodness Pittsburgh did not cover the over solo.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Divisional round games and lines are in.

I will update the lines at least once more later in the week, maybe more than once if I'm feeling industrious.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So I lost all my money last week and this week I don't have the customary 500 consolation bucks to gamble with, is that intentional?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

So I lost all my money last week and this week I don't have the customary 500 consolation bucks to gamble with, is that intentional?

Look at this loving Funbuck Welfare Queen. Smh.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I always go for broke with very inadvisable parlay bets. Someday I'll hit on one, it's bound to happen eventually.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure Fun buck weeks start on Tuesday since in the regular season there's a MNF game. You should have cash tomorrow :)

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 9, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh that makes sense!

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Who the crap lost at reverse eliminator? There were so many bad teams!

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Lote posted:

gonna guess it was some anti-seahawks partisan

edit: nope, just a bunch of folks betting on the Texans and one for the Steelers.

Mr. Fix It fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 10, 2017

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Lote posted:

I think I was trying to be tricky or forgot the rules or was replaced by a space alien because I lost on all 4 and have no idea why I made the choices I did.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I thought the raiders were gonna win :shrug:

I don't put all that much thought into this.

This screen reminds me, though: I suppose this is not really the time to ask for enhancements, but... I always found it odd that I can see my losses and wins on this screen for previous weeks, but not my lost/won funbuck bets - only "open" bets. I'd rather seen those here too, so it'd be a complete summary of the previous weeks?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
15.5 points? Not enough taking the pats.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
At least Reverse Eliminator is easy this week :)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lorini posted:

At least Reverse Eliminator is easy this week :)

Yea, but Reverse Spread Eliminator...

:sweatdrop:

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing

Leperflesh posted:

This screen reminds me, though: I suppose this is not really the time to ask for enhancements, but... I always found it odd that I can see my losses and wins on this screen for previous weeks, but not my lost/won funbuck bets - only "open" bets. I'd rather seen those here too, so it'd be a complete summary of the previous weeks?

In addition to Qwijib0 and multigl, I am the third ¡Amigo! hellbent on propping up Eliminator until the end of days. I will throw this into a list of enhancements/requests that may or may not ever happen.

Right now we're all pumped up about our new mission, so I think it's the perfect time to air your grievances that they may be logged before we become bitter veterans of the Eliminator war. I have looked upon the face of ruby and I have seen my own doom, but today is not that day.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh, OK! Well in that case...

I'd like to be able to pick a side in spread pickem and reverse spread pickem, even before a spread is published/available for a given game. Essentially that bet is me saying "I think this team will beat/not beat the spread, regardless of what Vegas thinks the spread is" (but really it's just "I'm making my picks now and don't care to check back in later in the week to see if now there's a spread for this match so I can make a pick").

I think the game should automatically detect when there's a winner in Eliminator.

You're probably already tracking this one, but in all games, not making a pick should be equivalent to a loss, for the purposes of rankings. So someone who is 6-0 gets ranked even with someone who is 6-1, not ahead of them... and someone who is 5-0 shouldn't be ranked ahead of someone who is 6-3.

When an NFL game ends in a tie, that should not be a loss for everyone who took either side of that match. Or a win. For example, if I pick the Pats to win in week 2, right now the site counts my pick as a loss.
Another way to address this one would be to have the picks explicitly be "win or tie" vs. "lose", or, "win" vs. "tie or lose".

There should be a cutoff for funbux bets that takes place before the games start on thursday, so you can't re-bet your winnings from an earlier match on a later match.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Hopefully other folks will chime in too! Also, thanks for doing this, you guys!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If we're shooting for the moon a fully automated 1KoB would be amazing.

Although if you figure out something like that you might as well run traditional fantasy stuff too. It's really beyond the current scope of the site, but if you need ideas to kick around.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

You're probably already tracking this one, but in all games, not making a pick should be equivalent to a loss, for the purposes of rankings. So someone who is 6-0 gets ranked even with someone who is 6-1, not ahead of them... and someone who is 5-0 shouldn't be ranked ahead of someone who is 6-3.

When an NFL game ends in a tie, that should not be a loss for everyone who took either side of that match. Or a win. For example, if I pick the Pats to win in week 2, right now the site counts my pick as a loss.
Another way to address this one would be to have the picks explicitly be "win or tie" vs. "lose", or, "win" vs. "tie or lose".

These are super important and I agree. For the second one, I would either "refund" the pick and basically wipe it clean or give everyone who picked either team the win. If you picked nothing, you still get a loss.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Grittybeard posted:

If we're shooting for the moon a fully automated 1KoB would be amazing.

I've toyed around w/ this idea, but the only thing I've seen that has code wrapped around stat tracking is written in python and I know 0 python. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000

elfurbe posted:

In addition to Qwijib0 and multigl, I am the third ¡Amigo! hellbent on propping up Eliminator until the end of days. I will throw this into a list of enhancements/requests that may or may not ever happen.

Right now we're all pumped up about our new mission, so I think it's the perfect time to air your grievances that they may be logged before we become bitter veterans of the Eliminator war. I have looked upon the face of ruby and I have seen my own doom, but today is not that day.

Oh god, I apologize to you as well then. When you're thinking terrible thoughts about me try to remember to go look at my public github repos for software I'm not ashamed of :D

(Thanks to all for taking over here! It is a huge relief to see this tradition continuing)

• Locked thread