Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

the panel will zoom out and show that the garbage can is actually on top of the sentry ronan is looking for

After restraining the Parkers and Rocket, Ronan rushes off to claim the sentry only to trip over the dog and vaporize himself on a conveniently placed space gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

uPen posted:

We're never going to see Ronan again are we?

It could be like the time a story ended with a narration box that said "Next: Sabertooth!" and then there was an entire months-long, unrelated story before Sabertooth showed up.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tiggum posted:

It could be like the time a story ended with a narration box that said "Next: Sabertooth!" and then there was an entire months-long, unrelated story before Sabertooth showed up.

Even better, it was "Exit Wolverine, Enter Sabretooth" but the next villain was Sandman.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Rocket runs outside naked and fights a dog over a trash can.

We've all done the same.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Peter Parker is somehow going to lose a fight to a dog raiding a garbage can.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I'm not sure how, but every strip of this arc manages to entertain me more than the last. I'm eagerly awaiting MJ's next close up of disappointment.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

we're gonna find out that the parkers are high as a kite at some point and none of this ever happened

let's give the raccoon a lift
what? no. we can't stop here. this is bat country

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Manatee Cannon posted:

we're gonna find out that the parkers are high as a kite at some point and none of this ever happened

let's give the raccoon a lift
what? no. we can't stop here. this is bat country

This made me realize I had completely forgot that he drove a car with his wife in full costume, that's how crazy this drat storyline is. Peter losing a fight to a dog over a trash can would actually be normal compared to some of the stuff that's been in this arc.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Kwyndig posted:

This made me realize I had completely forgot that he drove a car with his wife in full costume, that's how crazy this drat storyline is.
That's not even unusual for newspaper Spider-Man. He's been to a doctor's appointment with his costume on underneath his clothes, he's tried to board an aeroplane in costume, he's showed up repeatedly on the set of one of MJ's films in costume (which made everyone there think she must be having an affair with Spider-Man behind Peter's back). Protecting his secret identity is basically his number one concern and yet is absolutely terrible at it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Manatee Cannon posted:

the panel will zoom out and show that the garbage can is actually on top of the sentry ronan is looking for

It misunderstands, thinks they're calling it garbage, and commits robo-suicide.

ImpAtom posted:

Peter Parker is somehow going to lose a fight to a dog raiding a garbage can.

While his disappointed wife looks on :hellyeah:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Tiggum posted:

That's not even unusual for newspaper Spider-Man. He's been to a doctor's appointment with his costume on underneath his clothes, he's tried to board an aeroplane in costume, he's showed up repeatedly on the set of one of MJ's films in costume (which made everyone there think she must be having an affair with Spider-Man behind Peter's back). Protecting his secret identity is basically his number one concern and yet is absolutely terrible at it.

The best part of the airplane was the aint i stinker Obama panel. Followed by the rear end in a top hat kid

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

bobkatt013 posted:

The best part of the airplane was the aint i stinker Obama panel. Followed by the rear end in a top hat kid

Oh nooooo!!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

WE'RE GETTING A FULL SUNDAY PAGE OF ROCKET FIGHTING A DOG

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Synthbuttrange posted:

WE'RE GETTING A FULL SUNDAY PAGE OF ROCKET FIGHTING A DOG
NAKED

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Imagine never having seen the comics page before and reading this.

"Help there is a naked raccoon boy fighting a dog in my newspaper"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if the dog beats rocket, does that mean that stray dog is stronger than spider-man

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Manatee Cannon posted:

if the dog beats rocket, does that mean that stray dog is stronger than spider-man

I dont think we need to see the stray beat Rocket to determine that.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Synthbuttrange posted:

Marmaduke took a grim turn.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I wasn't here for the last few panels, just look at what I missed.

Let's just hope he uses his gun to blast that dog. It isn't even a telepath, he should be fine.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

A naked Rocket Raccoon fights a stray dog over trash outside a motel.

I don't know what you even add to that. It's perfect.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

What are the odds that the Sunday artist just turned in a page of naked Rocket fighting a dog and the weekday artist freaked realizing he had to somehow plot this out during the week to get to that point. Because I think it's a real possibility.

I like to think that's how the workflow is every week. They get the Sunday pages and the poor weekday guy has to connect all these dots to make it work.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I've been imagining the weekday and weekend artists fighting ever since they couldn't agree on the colouring of Iron Jonah.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Calling it now: sometime next week Rocket walks into the motel room, dumps a bunch of trash on the floor and wakes up Peter and MJ saying "here's breakfast!" or something like that.

It'll be magical.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There is a better than even chance Peter might eat the trash if MJ doesn't stop him in time.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mikl posted:

Calling it now: sometime next week Rocket walks into the motel room, dumps a bunch of trash on the floor and wakes up Peter and MJ saying "here's breakfast!" or something like that.

It'll be magical.

Assuming he can beat up a dog, that has to be where this is going.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

At least it's dangling.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Without context, wouldn't you expect a raccoon to be naked?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Without context, wouldn't you expect a raccoon to be naked?

To be fair, Rocket looks hella naked here. It must be the weird human child-like proportions.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Calling it now. That stray dog will defeat Ronan.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I want the motel manager to come out and find the Parkers' weird halloween kid fighting dogs for scraps and call child protection services.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Unkempt posted:

I want the motel manager to come out and find the Parkers' weird halloween kid fighting dogs for scraps and call child protection services.

I... would also accept this as a result, because it would be un-loving-believable. :swoon:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rocket's gonna stick around post ronan and end up in mj's movie

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's going to get some very unfavourable reviews in the Daily Bugle and end up in a fistfight with JJJ.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
You know what's the best thing about Newspaper Spider-Man?

All of these:

Mikl posted:

It'll be magical.

Jerusalem posted:

There is a better than even chance Peter might eat the trash if MJ doesn't stop him in time.

SilverSupernova posted:

Calling it now. That stray dog will defeat Ronan.

Unkempt posted:

Manatee Cannon posted:

rocket's gonna stick around post ronan and end up in mj's movie

goatface posted:

He's going to get some very unfavourable reviews in the Daily Bugle and end up in a fistfight with JJJ.

Literally all of these could happen, and maybe at the same time, because this comic is just that crazy :allears:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Where's Slylock when the planet needs him?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Didn't know this thread existed, it's nice.

Also, Rocket gets rabies.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

They're in New Mexico. That's a coyote, not a stray dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nenonen posted:

Where's Slylock when the planet needs him?
Look we don't need that racist cop running Rocket in for a crime he hasn't committed

• Locked thread