Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Whoa whoa whoa loving roll back.

I AM voting Tired Mortiz. What the gently caress is DIck on about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

The thing is that I find it completely terrible for town that instead of unvoting and just talking about the announcement, you automatically decided to shoot him. Why the rush? There was less than 2 hours between the announcement to you shooting him. I just find it scummy as hell, and completely irrational as town.

This post is really sketchy because it reads to me like you quick triggered Keane and is just making up excuses why you did it. I can buy the second reasoning but the third makes no sense. Did you really think scum would waste their ability like that? Especially after he flipped town?

The only reason I can see you putting that there in that post is that you had no reason and were making up excuses quickly as Infinitum was pushing you.

Something isn't scummy just because you don't understand it, you know.

I didn't explain myself at the time, and maybe if I did you and inf would be immensely less annoying right now, but yes, scum would certainly use it to create someone to push the vote onto the next day. Think about it. Everyones ready to hang this guy and suddenly they can't. Say we hang town OR scum announcer; do you not believe scum would push Keane the next day? I do. Scum may have directed votes to Keane if it wasn't a messenger role, too. He was a big red spot that needed to eventually be dealt with so I dealt with it. You don't like that? Tough.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't think I word my last argument properly, I'm kinda tired but I'll try to simplify it why that post reads scummy to me.

If quick really was just a town who wanted Keane to die because he thought he was scum who were protecting himself, why not just say that? Why add the incredibly unlikely theory that scum would target Keane to frame him? Especially when he was already most likely going to be lynched? Really, wasting a day action on a dude that was going to die anyway?

It's a crap theory that makes no sense if you think logically about it, so why even include it? Maybe it's to add more substance to the reasoning of why he shot Keane. Maybe because he had no logical town reason. Because he's scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

This is 100% false:

1. Town historically can't keep a vig in their pants at all
2. If you're told you can't dunk someone who is lying and you have a chance to fix that problem, you fix it.

The only thing he should have done was say "Keane give me a reason not to vig you since you lied" but :shrug: and ALSO nobody is mentioning that as a reason for being susp.

Yup, also this.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh for fucks sake, I missed a #.

Quidthulhu posted:

v. bad vote

#vote Tired Mortiz

Dick, are you seriously getting on my case for "never having voted Tired Moritz" and naming me as your #1 scumpick while apparently not having read my post history at all.

##vote Dick

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't think I word my last argument properly, I'm kinda tired but I'll try to simplify it why that post reads scummy to me.

If quick really was just a town who wanted Keane to die because he thought he was scum who were protecting himself, why not just say that? Why add the incredibly unlikely theory that scum would target Keane to frame him? Especially when he was already most likely going to be lynched? Really, wasting a day action on a dude that was going to die anyway?

It's a crap theory that makes no sense if you think logically about it, so why even include it? Maybe it's to add more substance to the reasoning of why he shot Keane. Maybe because he had no logical town reason. Because he's scum.

I didn't explain. That doesn't make me scum and if you're truly arguing that it is then you're loving dumb.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Something isn't scummy just because you don't understand it, you know.

I didn't explain myself at the time, and maybe if I did you and inf would be immensely less annoying right now, but yes, scum would certainly use it to create someone to push the vote onto the next day. Think about it. Everyones ready to hang this guy and suddenly they can't. Say we hang town OR scum announcer; do you not believe scum would push Keane the next day? I do. Scum may have directed votes to Keane if it wasn't a messenger role, too. He was a big red spot that needed to eventually be dealt with so I dealt with it. You don't like that? Tough.

Then may I ask why you didn't say all this before you decide to shoot him?

So what if scum pushed Keane, this would at least give us some information and we can scumhunt more easier. Now we're discussing this because you didn't make your motivations clear before you decide to shoot him. By your logic, you're a big red spot so we might as well kill you too.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

The thing is that I find it completely terrible for town that instead of unvoting and just talking about the announcement, you automatically decided to shoot him. Why the rush? There was less than 2 hours between the announcement to you shooting him. I just find it scummy as hell, and completely irrational as town.

This post is really sketchy because it reads to me like you quick triggered Keane and is just making up excuses why you did it. I can buy the second reasoning but the third makes no sense. Did you really think scum would waste their ability like that? Especially after he flipped town?

The only reason I can see you putting that there in that post is that you had no reason and were making up excuses quickly as Infinitum was pushing you.

here is a thinking experiment for you:

you assert that shooting a suddenly lynchproof player with a strange claim is irrational as town. why is that, exactly?

you assert that scum wouldn't waste their ability like that. they might, if he was scum and they could play it off as a dumb and/or scummy d1 turbo. but continuing, you then say using an ability to kill keane after this took place is sketchy. do you really believe scum would use a dayvig like that? on d1?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't think day vigging someone on d1 makes me a distraction the way he does you small minded clown.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

I didn't explain. That doesn't make me scum and if you're truly arguing that it is then you're loving dumb.

that's our TM! :sax:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Can we stop talking about a he said/she said regarding Diqnol's intent and Inf's not believing him because we've all taken sides on that.

I'd really like to discuss how Dick has fabricated a case on me based on basically clicking votefinder rather than reading me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

this is a stickup posted:

here is a thinking experiment for you:

you assert that shooting a suddenly lynchproof player with a strange claim is irrational as town. why is that, exactly?

you assert that scum wouldn't waste their ability like that. they might, if he was scum and they could play it off as a dumb and/or scummy d1 turbo. but continuing, you then say using an ability to kill keane after this took place is sketchy. do you really believe scum would use a dayvig like that? on d1?

The reason it's irrational is because he didn't leave time for us to discuss it. Hell, I woke up and the game started and Keane was dead. Why would town want to obstruct discussion? Was he afraid that Keane would suddenly kill someone or what? There's no logical reason to shoot Keane so quickly.

And with quick making all these posts about how Keane would be framed, etc etc just makes it more weird because why wouldn't he state it because he shot Keane? All he said was because of recent events and BANG. It reads like thoughts made after he killed Keane because he needed an excuse.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

Can we stop talking about a he said/she said regarding Diqnol's intent and Inf's not believing him because we've all taken sides on that.

I'd really like to discuss how Dick has fabricated a case on me based on basically clicking votefinder rather than reading me.

there's a lot of white noise at present, could you do me a favor and summarize this exchange?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

I don't think day vigging someone on d1 makes me a distraction the way he does you small minded clown.

I don't see how Keane was much of a distraction considering you killed him in less than 2 hours before anyone can even talk about it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Just answer this question. If you had all these ideas on how Keane might be town, why didn't you say them before you shoot him?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Because I didn't think I had to explain the obvious move I made. I find spelling everything out tiresome.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Keane

I've skimmed so far and can't believe no one has cased me for this being my only post in the game. :j:

Catching up now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

I've skimmed so far and can't believe no one has cased me for this being my only post in the game. :j:

Catching up now.

I did prod u actually.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Initial exchange.

Dick Bastardly posted:

are you genuine about your Moritz vote?

I thought I was voting Moritz at this point, so I went back and reread to answer his question.

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah, bad vote on dayvig, trying to justify it while doubling down on it, all self righteous. Came for the bad vote, I can stay for the bad reaction.

And in fairness he does call me out for the fact that I'm not voting Moritz, which I missed:

Dick Bastardly posted:

You're still voting Inf though....? WHY YOU ROLLING LIKE DIS? i'm scared.

But this doesn't make any sense as a question. Why not say "then you do realize you didn't actually vote for Moritz" rather than framing it like this? This is an attempt at a gotcha, which he then expands on:

Groundwork:

Dick Bastardly posted:

but Quid is justifying a vote on Moritz right?

My point is, Quid is messing around with his/her vote in an ambiguous way and I'm not sure how to take it.

And then once I call him out for this not making sense:

Quidthulhu posted:

You asked me a question about if my vote was genuine and how I felt about how things had developed. Which made me pause and reread, at which point I said "yeah, he's still acting lovely."

Framing this any other way is flat out incorrect.

The doubledown:

Dick Bastardly posted:

The funny thing is you never actually voted for Moritz... so why try to justify it?

And now I'm his #1 scum pick:

Dick Bastardly posted:

tobbs is at the bottom of my scum list atm. it literally based on how he/she has voted (or would possibly vote) so far. that's an incredibly weak case and I want everyone to know that I understand it to be, but I have a feeling about tobbs.

My full concurrence is behing a vote on OMG or Quid at this time.

So I guess it's not so much that he's fabricated a case without reading my post history, because he did know that I hosed up the vote....he just...like why is this the way he approached this? He's dancing around this idea of "I think Quid fake voted for TM so he could fall back on that as a defense" without outright saying that, and I don't think he's being internally consistent with how he's approaching it, because it's fake.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

there's a lot of white noise at present, could you do me a favor and summarize this exchange?

I forgot to quote you, the above was for you bb~

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Moritz and inf are both making dumb arguments but TM's arguments seem to at least have some kind of structure like he's feeling them out in his bad, dumb posts and i feel like inf is just plucking them from the ether and throwing them at me and it bugs me

##vote inf

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also he peeked at my secret message which is a HUGE scum slip

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
The worst thing is that you still act like what you did was beneficial to town. No, "oops I hosed up", just constant I DID THE OBVIOUS THING GUYS.

Also sorry stickup, I didn't see your second question. I find it possible for scum to kill Keane after the message. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a panic shot, I mean wouldn't you be shocked if someone suddenly was unlynchable, especially since from your perspective that they were town?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

The worst thing is that you still act like what you did was beneficial to town. No, "oops I hosed up", just constant I DID THE OBVIOUS THING GUYS.

Also sorry stickup, I didn't see your second question. I find it possible for scum to kill Keane after the message. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a panic shot, I mean wouldn't you be shocked if someone suddenly was unlynchable, especially since from your perspective that they were town?

honestly? not really. I would absolutely let the town debate it to hell and back and fly under the radar, then let keane inevitably get lynched d2 after a d1 mislynch. scum ride through two days at least.

that's why it really was the obvious thing to do.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah, it could be argued that I'm scum for that reason. That message pops up and scum didn't send it to the thread, well, as scum you'd want that nipped in the bud right away. Could be a confirmed masonry or he's a powerful 3p or all kinds of stuff. I personally wouldn't have shot as scum there because of the latter possibility - need that 3p to thin out the herd.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

drowned in pussy juice posted:

Moritz and inf are both making dumb arguments but TM's arguments seem to at least have some kind of structure like he's feeling them out in his bad, dumb posts and i feel like inf is just plucking them from the ether and throwing them at me and it bugs me

##vote inf

sadly this does feel like town TM and I'll remove my jokevote ##unvote

right now I would vote inf, or grudgingly vote DB since I don't actually have a way to kill him n1

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

A scum dayvig should usually be used either arbitrarily or to take out someone you think is a threat before they can make good on that.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
If that's the obvious thing to do, then why would anyone shoot Keane? By your logic, Keane was gonna get killed D2 so why even bother wasting a shot if you think he's scum and that he's gonna be killed later?

I mean quick clearly thought Keane was scum, and you just said that Keane was gonna die D2, so why would YOU ask him to shoot him?

I'm going to vote for everyone that doesn't dayvig cckeane

strange strange. your opinions don't fit together.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Because he wouldn't be nked, buddy. He would be hanged. That's bad for town.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

If that's the obvious thing to do, then why would anyone shoot Keane? By your logic, Keane was gonna get killed D2 so why even bother wasting a shot if you think he's scum and that he's gonna be killed later?

I mean quick clearly thought Keane was scum, and you just said that Keane was gonna die D2, so why would YOU ask him to shoot him?

strange strange. your opinions don't fit together.

the obvious thing to do was to shoot keane to avoid any situation where keane debate could take up a full day, lead to a rushed lynch on whoever, then dominate d2 again

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
this is the part where tm latches on to a random thing and somehow crafts a flavor argument against me out of thin air

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it sounds to me like diqnol and I would use that situation very differently as scum, but rest assured, that would absolutely get used to scum advantage

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Quidthulhu posted:

Oh for fucks sake, I missed a #.

Dick, are you seriously getting on my case for "never having voted Tired Moritz" and naming me as your #1 scumpick while apparently not having read my post history at all.

##vote Dick

this is probably town quid cuz hes sperging about stupid poo poo

----

i dont think id vote diqnol or tired moritz today. im fine w/ inf lynch cuz i dont think hes useful in this game but id rather see a nl tbh cuz i think most mafia players in sa are too garbage or jaded to try anymore so hopefully night action mafia just takes it for us

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

the obvious thing to do was to shoot keane to avoid any situation where keane debate could take up a full day, lead to a rushed lynch on whoever, then dominate d2 again

The irony is it's now replaced with "why did diqnol cut out the keane debate" so basically everyone is loving dumb and i'm gonna stop posting for a while, horray

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
##vote nl

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Because he wouldn't be nked, buddy. He would be hanged. That's bad for town.

You thought he was scum. How the hell is hanging scum bad for town?

Sorry if I'm reading this wrong, but are you saying that the keane discussion would take up all d1? I don't see how that's a problem. There's never any good discussion in D1 anyway, it's always shitposts before the eventual town apathy kicks in and everyone just gang up on someone.

Also all these talk about killing Keane would prevent people wasting time talking about him doesn't make sense to me because 1. it implies that discussing whether the message is legit or not is bad for the game, which I believe is not, and 2. we're wasting time talking whether quick is maf or not so I don't see how that fixed anything. Come on, I refuse to believe people would just ignore the fact that quick killed Keane.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

I don't like this post in lieu of the flip.

Where you at mrs passive aggressive?

Ah, my bad!

##vote Tobbs - this is a serious vote for reasons I'll go into later.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I just don't get it. I thought mafia is a game about discussing and figuring out who is scum but apparently it's about dodging discussion because it's a waste of time.

It's not like a game where there's two vote leaders and you guys want to kill one of them so we don't argue between them again. I can understand that, but the game barely started and we had our interesting thing that happened and someone just quickly shot him because they thought it was gonna be a distraction in a game that just started. I don't get it.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

Sorry if I'm reading this wrong, but are you saying that the keane discussion would take up all d1? I don't see how that's a problem. There's never any good discussion in D1 anyway, it's always shitposts before the eventual town apathy kicks in and everyone just gang up on someone.

Also all these talk about killing Keane would prevent people wasting time talking about him doesn't make sense to me because 1. it implies that discussing whether the message is legit or not is bad for the game, which I believe is not, and 2. we're wasting time talking whether quick is maf or not so I don't see how that fixed anything. Come on, I refuse to believe people would just ignore the fact that quick killed Keane.

the bolded part is exactly what a debate on keane would be like. it would end in a random bad mislynch at the last second and stifle any discussion on D2

to the points below, I assumed the message was legit. the mod lying to players point is good, but I didn't agree. I don't see that even possibly being a fake message, though it could be.

either scum used the ability to try and save a scumbro from being the victim of an entertaining d1 turbo, or we get stuck there for at least 2 days. either way, I'd end it there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Before I take my nap, I just want to ask some questions to you all?

1. Do you think it's rational for someone to shoot Keane so early?
2. Do you think it's overall beneficial that Keane was shot?
3. Do you believe quick's argument on why he shot Keane, and more importantly, do you believe he thought all of that before he shot Keane?

Obviously, I believe the answer to the questions are no but I am willing to drop this if someone can convince me otherwise.

• Locked thread