Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What if the robot came in as your wife was blowing you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Mr. Squishy posted:

What if the robot came in as your wife was blowing you...

Bit unrealistic this.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

Bit unrealistic this.

Yeah, robots are incapable of ejaculation.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Yeah, robots are incapable of ejaculation.

Actually I believe this was addressed in Humans. Can any other fans of the show confirm?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The Big Taff Man posted:

The show Humans for me asks a lot of questions : not limited to do robots have feelings, do we rely too much on computers in our every day life and also at some point in the future will humankind prefer sex with a robot that has been attuned to their wants and desires while reproduction becomes something just done in laboratories - maybe controlled by robots?
Probably yeah.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Westworld asks and answers those questions in a much better way.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Pissflaps posted:

Are you talking about receiving oral sex off a lifelike human simulacrum?

What about some sort of clockwork and steam operated vagina?

Yeah, my parents got my TV Go Home for christmas and I finished it the other week. Also giving Taboo a chance because the Frontier was loving shite Netflix.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

The_Doctor posted:

This is the UK TV thread, please respect the rules and keep the chat focused on UK TV matters

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Big Taff Man posted:

This is the UK TV thread, please respect the rules and keep the chat focused on UK TV matters

Thanks ossifer, sorry ossifer. :jerkbag:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I want to have sex with a robot after watching this week's episode of Taboo with Tom Hardy I'm talking full penetration here please don't tell my wife.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pissflaps posted:

I want to have sex with a robot after watching this week's episode of Taboo with Tom Hardy I'm talking full penetration here please don't tell my wife.

Have I not been paying attention and Taboo has been about sexy robots all along? Because I'm up for that

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I am sure The Turk could provide a decent hand job at least.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Monsieur Murdoch Fan Club

thehustler posted:

What if the robot is an exact replica of your wife, physically and mentally?

Richard Herring asks that in his podcast.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

Also, the fictional Toast autobiography book is short but okay. I'd get it on Kindle though. Or wait for Matt Berry to do an audio book version.

This is already a thing my friend!!

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

DrNewton posted:

Richard Herring asks that in his podcast.

That is why I said it

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

thehustler posted:

That is why I said it

YEAH! A fan of the podcast! \o/
I live in Canada and have yet to meet someone knows my references.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Rondette posted:

This is already a thing my friend!!

I suspected as much, I imagine in a rare case they did the audio stuff first then wrote the book. Would explain the size and writing style a bit.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I live in London and still haven't gone to a Herring podcast recording. Really gotta rectify that poo poo asap

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

By better do you mean "with needless J.J. Abrams fuckery so that people talk about how "complex" its very straightforward plot is"?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Strom Cuzewon posted:

By better do you mean "with needless J.J. Abrams fuckery so that people talk about how "complex" its very straightforward plot is"?
Because a TV show is only as good as the shortest summary you can write about it's plot?

Yes yes *strokes beard* very good, very good analysis. gently caress that popular piece of entertainment.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Westworld backlash is definitely cool and good and not irritating especially mixed with pretentious Taboo people

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I eagerly await the new Futureworld series so we can add exact clones of peoples wifes to the robot loving mix.

Also go see Herring record his podcast if you have the opportunity, if nothing else £15 is excellent value to see two telly comedians in one night.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Akuma posted:

Because a TV show is only as good as the shortest summary you can write about it's plot?

Yes yes *strokes beard* very good, very good analysis. gently caress that popular piece of entertainment.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely loving incredible. But the entire timeline fuckery could be completely removed and it would be just as good, as if not better. That reveal felt like some 2006-era Lost knock off.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Anyone else here a watcher of the Pottery Throwdown? I'm not normally one for that type of programme but there's something satisfying about watching them make what they do.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Oh don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely loving incredible. But the entire timeline fuckery could be completely removed and it would be just as good, as if not better. That reveal felt like some 2006-era Lost knock off.

That's all down to Jonathan Nolan and his wife. Abrams just has his name on it to sell it. The idea was fine, the problem was the show dragging it along way past the point of reason since most people seemed to have figured it out. And then the show literally stops for 10 minutes to lay it all out for you.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Attention Taboo fans: it's on the telly tonight.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hope it doesn't have any voodoo gently caress scenes because that first one was ridiculous as hell

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Maybe you should stick to Dr Who if Taboo is too spicy for you. Get a clue.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Don't do that. Taboo ain't high art. High camp, at best.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Its great telly. You suck.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

Maybe you should stick to Dr Who if Taboo is too spicy for you. Get a clue.

Escobarbarian posted:

Don't do that. Taboo ain't high art. High camp, at best.

Making fun of peoples TV tastes is bad. Don't do it.

:)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Its great telly. You suck.

I like the show fine. I hate the attitude of so many people who watch it that it's the smartest TV show there ever has been and anyone who doesn't find it totally exciting and arresting at all times is a worthless idiot peon. And it makes it even worse that it's not actually especially smart compared to most US cable stuff. I've never encountered it with any other show yet I'm seeing it EVERYWHERE with this one.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

I like the show fine. I hate the attitude of so many people who watch it that it's the smartest TV show there ever has been and anyone who doesn't find it totally exciting and arresting at all times is a worthless idiot peon. And it makes it even worse that it's not actually especially smart compared to most US cable stuff. I've never encountered it with any other show yet I'm seeing it EVERYWHERE with this one.

Sounds like you don't get it. Try watching it again?

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

Sounds like you don't get it. Try watching it again?

Or it's simply just overrated.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
My wife and I both enjoy watching it. That's all the rating I need. There's also no robots in it so no uncomfortable issues are raised.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Taboo is good. Pissflaps probably drunken defence of Taboo is less good, but Tom Hardy voodoo wrong-cocking his sister is still cool

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Escobarbarian posted:

It's the first genuinely good British drama period piece on BBC in gently caress knows how long. People are reacting to the experience of seeing something actually good as opposed to the standard slop of Broadchurch, Judge Puncher QC, Midsummer, Line of Duty, and Generic Oh God Let's Hope For Sense & Sensibility Ratings 4: The Wrath of Bonnets.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I watched Pottery Throw Down and it was alright but not as charming as GBBO.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

DrVenkman posted:

That's all down to Jonathan Nolan and his wife. Abrams just has his name on it to sell it. The idea was fine, the problem was the show dragging it along way past the point of reason since most people seemed to have figured it out. And then the show literally stops for 10 minutes to lay it all out for you.

I thought the point was that the hosts experience memories perfectly, so the time line confusion was experienced by the hosts in question, not just about pulling the wool over the viewers eyes for a clever reveal. To me, it showed that despite the use of memories to make the hosts appear more human the way they experienced those memories made them distinctly inhuman. Although that might just be me entering some Lost level wankerey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

It's the first genuinely good British drama period piece on BBC in gently caress knows how long. People are reacting to the experience of seeing something actually good as opposed to the standard slop of Broadchurch, Judge Puncher QC, Midsummer, Line of Duty, and Generic Oh God Let's Hope For Sense & Sensibility Ratings 4: The Wrath of Bonnets.

Not a Peaky Blinders guy?