Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

This is a good song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w34fSnJNP-4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Syd Mead did a lot of cool stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/40143737@N02/sets/72157622906191929/

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

That was a good-rear end post. Lot's of cool stuff in this thread.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This reminds me of that classic Scrooge story where the Beagle Boys and Scrooge both duke it out with mecha money bins.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Actually seeing the work of people that can draw/paint makes me sad about my own feeble attempts.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Draw me like your Ferengi girls :kimchi:

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Don't know the artist, but its currently my desktop image.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

This is absolutely my favorite thread and I hope it never dies. Like the "fractal of the day" thread eventually did. I miss that one.

necroid
May 14, 2009

this is a terrible thread if you were already crippled by the knowledge you'll never create anything worthwhile as an artist

still cool art

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

This is my favorite wh40k style.

Gorilla Salad posted:

My favourite Foss:

This looks like it was made for that one Dr Seuss story about the people who came and landed on some pristine planet and turned it into a giant industrial zone.

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 8, 2017

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

This is my favorite wh40k style.

John Blanche (?) is the type of insane that is really cool to look at but probably not be

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
I see your polish WW2 sci-fi mechas and i raise you the swedish 80-90's with mechas and spaceships (and body/techhorror) by Simon Stålenhag:

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

Gejnor posted:

I see your polish WW2 sci-fi mechas and i raise you the swedish 80-90's with mechas and spaceships (and body/techhorror) by Simon Stålenhag:

all hail the new flesh

e: I didn't read the text before I saw the pictures, and as I was going down I was thinking it was Finland or something. Cool to be close.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Gejnor posted:

Does this look infected?

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

5er posted:

Does this look infected?

Standard betamax :rolleyes:

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

I've got all the Terran Trade Authority books. They're pretty sweet but there's so much stuff in them I can't upload it all. Anyone got any requests?

The Space Wars book on the right is different, but it's a similar series.

Thank you for posting these! Spacecraft 2000 to 2100 was in my grade-school's library and I loved it. I was stoked to find a copy in a used book store about 10 years ago. I had no idea it was part of a series and I'm going to have to get them all now.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gejnor posted:

I'd read this book.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That is all very disturbing

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

necroid posted:

this is a terrible thread if you were already crippled by the knowledge you'll never create anything worthwhile as an artist

still cool art

You'll never know until you try, and even if it is objectively lovely, some people still might like it.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

That poo poo is cool as hell, amazon keeps recommending me his book Tales from the Loop but based on the thumbnails I thought his medium was photo collage. Gonna have to pick it up now I think, loving that style. Also "future ruins" will never not be an amazing subject.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I miss big lan parties :smith:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Good thread

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
do cool sci fi videos count for the thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKmZnIHzldk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05z4Qj6DH64

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Laying down mad beats while the world burns.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

ultrabindu posted:

Polish artist Jakub Rozalski decided to paint a whole bunch of pictures where robots are rounding up a bunch of eastern european peasants.

Here's the rest of them:

http://designyoutrust.com/2016/12/bizarre-paintings-of-mecha-robots-attacking-east-european-peasants-of-the-early-20th-century/

All the stuff in that link is super cool. In a bunch of them the peasants look like "welp, this is our life now I guess whatever".

I really liked this one

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

necroid
May 14, 2009

Linux Pirate posted:

You'll never know until you try, and even if it is objectively lovely, some people still might like it.

yeah I was just being a whiny bitch

to contribute something, I thought I recognized this from somewhere

it's this guy's work: http://portfolio.gabrielebrombin.com

I saw him at an independent book festival and by lunch all his stuff was already sold

he reminds me a lot of Moebius, who by the way was a god and I wish I could draw as well as he did with so few lines

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'm the monkey getting face blasted

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

necroid posted:

yeah I was just being a whiny bitch

to contribute something, I thought I recognized this from somewhere

it's this guy's work: http://portfolio.gabrielebrombin.com

I saw him at an independent book festival and by lunch all his stuff was already sold

he reminds me a lot of Moebius, who by the way was a god and I wish I could draw as well as he did with so few lines
I thought I recognised it when I saw it too- I bought sun sea and plateau of mirrors when it came out a couple of years back.

A LOVELY LAD fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 9, 2017

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
This thread is really cool, also, our civilization is pathetic and I wish I lived in another dimension.

A cold war era design for a second, nuke-proof Manhattan under Manhattan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Cool!

• Locked thread