Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they offered to pay more I'd assume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I get xseed people being bummed based on personal investment but it was probably just matter of logistics and scheduling.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So...who am I rooting for to get cold steel 3on pc

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Motto posted:

I get xseed people being bummed based on personal investment but it was probably just matter of logistics and scheduling.

I mean, I guess it's less of a big deal with Ys, but XSEED still gets way more in-depth with their localizations than basically anyone.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

lets hang out posted:

NISA is publishing Ys VIII, coming fall. PS4, Vita, Steam
Woah, it hadn't even come out on PC in Japan I think right? I was going to just get it on the PS4 but I might have to wait to see how the Steam version shakes out considering I have most of the rest of my Ys library on there.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nate RFB posted:

Woah, it hadn't even come out on PC in Japan I think right? I was going to just get it on the PS4 but I might have to wait to see how the Steam version shakes out considering I have most of the rest of my Ys library on there.

They've been churning out PC ports for the last year now, it'll probably be fine.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Supremezero posted:

I mean, I guess it's less of a big deal with Ys, but XSEED still gets way more in-depth with their localizations than basically anyone.

That's more or less how I feel. NISA might have some dumb moments here or there, but I'm not as concerned as I'd be with a Trails game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Tae posted:

Hahahahahaha.

You're adorable.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'd rather not get cs3 on pc if it meant giving it to a localization company other than xseed cause frankly i think they're the only staff who can do the games justice

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sean Chiplock posted:

Early notice, #Trails #Kiseki fans! I’ll be doing an AMA over on Reddit’s /r/JRPG this Saturday @ Noon PST (3 pm EST). Bring your questions!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/JRPG/comments/5uuada/hey_jrpg_im_the_voice_of_rean_schwarzer_in_trails/

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Look at his loving "yes i'm me" proof

How does this man even exist

(Although he has correctly identified his most memorable line in the game. Yes it's this one and not VALIMAR)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Excuse me, it's clearly "my blade will cleave ignorance and light the way."

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I'm assuming that's from his second s craft? I never used that because Rean was spending every single one of his CPs on delay crafts and spirit unification at that point in the game.

I guess in general I'm really bad at actually using the things though. It's the basic resources in RPGs dilemma. I might need that CP later!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Rean's second S-Craft is insanely stylish and you should absolutely use.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://sonicmega.tumblr.com/post/157328957401/i-literally-wrote-that-text-and-because-i-am-such

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aw man, Celdic getting set on fire and Otto dying actually made me choke up a bit. It was very nice to arrest the rear end in a top hat.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Does FC really expect me to go find all of those chests containing the party member's final weapons if I want them to do good damage in the last area? The equipment miniboss in it is awful.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yes, but you can look up a map and just skip casters/benched party members if you want

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
My problem isn't finding them, it's that the monsters inside the chests do literally nothing but waste time, since it's the same one or two encounters across the whole dungeon. The monsters in the final area also have massive health pools and no weaknesses.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Honestly, after a couple of level gains those battles will go a lot faster and the experience you get for each of those battles is quite good.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

My problem isn't finding them, it's that the monsters inside the chests do literally nothing but waste time, since it's the same one or two encounters across the whole dungeon. The monsters in the final area also have massive health pools and no weaknesses.

yeah it's a pain. if you're not worried about exp just skip gear for people you're not using. they also all have really low magic defense and high defense so use magic

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I just build up the AOE super moves and use those, actually fighting them takes too long.

Are they loving making GBS threads me with this final boss? This is garbage.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 20, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
The giant robot? Eh, it wasn't too bad as long as you got the optimal gear and didn't skip too many battles. Sure, the final phase takes a while but Earth Wall can protect you against its Death Rage counter and its telegraphed Annihilation attack.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Tae posted:

Can you imagine people starting with this as their entry point to the series, what the gently caress.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The true story can only be uncovered if you play the games in reverse

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Megalixir posted:

Can you imagine people starting with this as their entry point to the series, what the gently caress.

Eh, witcher 3 was the starting point for a ton of people and there's usually articles and videos summing up the story thus far for these types nof situations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Justin_Brett posted:

I just build up the AOE super moves and use those, actually fighting them takes too long.

Are they loving making GBS threads me with this final boss? This is garbage.
Bunch together and cast Earth Wall a lot.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tae posted:

Eh, witcher 3 was the starting point for a ton of people and there's usually articles and videos summing up the story thus far for these types nof situations.

As someone who did just this, it's really not a good argument because Witcher 3 was very much designed to be a good entry point. While there's plenty of references to the previous games, the main plot and central non-Geralt characters have nothing to do with the previous two games, so everyone who hadn't read the books was in the same boat regardless of whether they played the first two or not.

CS3 is going to be the third game in a very story and character driven story that follows directly from the previous two, not to mention tying in elements from 2-5 more games. There's no summary in the world that could adequately prepare you to jump into it and get the full experience.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Having not played one of the Witchers, I think the analogy only works if you think of say Witcher 2 as being Trails in the Sky as a whole and Witcher 3 being Trails of Cold Steel as a whole. It probably helps playing 2 before 3, as there might be some references or character beats brought up in the third game, but you wouldn't be lost. Playing Trails of Cold Steel 3 first would be more akin to grabbing a save in Witcher 3 that was already 2/3 of the way through the game.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
Just wanted to chime in and say I'm working on my first play-through of TitS FC and really enjoying it. The most enjoyable thing in the first few hours in Rolent was talking to every NPC after each step in the main quest. I'm so impressed at the localization. The battle system is fun enough as well. Currently about half way through the Zeiss chapter.

I've already bought this FC twice (once on PSP, playing on PC now), SC and Cold Steel 1 and 2. Already feel my money has gone to a good cause.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pegnose Pete posted:

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm working on my first play-through of TitS FC and really enjoying it. The most enjoyable thing in the first few hours in Rolent was talking to every NPC after each step in the main quest. I'm so impressed at the localization. The battle system is fun enough as well. Currently about half way through the Zeiss chapter.

I've already bought this FC twice (once on PSP, playing on PC now), SC and Cold Steel 1 and 2. Already feel my money has gone to a good cause.

You've got a wonderful journey ahead of you. Godspeed

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Pegnose Pete posted:

Watch out for the sheep.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ys Origin is out on PS4 now, in the EU store at least, for the five people who haven't played already and everyone else who's buying it again like me.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I beat that final boss and pretty much immediately bought SC since it's on sale at GOG this week. Had to be a sign, right?

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Tae posted:

Well in order to understand 3 you would need to spoil yourself on 1 and 2's endings, kind of a waste if you ask me.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
playing the witcher 1 is more of a waste than spoiling yourself on its ending

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The ending of witcher 1 doesn't really matter and makes no sense and has no impact out of context of the rest of the game, so yeah spoiling it for yourself won't matter. You're still missing the rest of the game.

It's almost worth playing to see the Wild Hunt recount everything you did during the game and calling you its greatest agent, just to see how hilariously stacked the entire universe is against the witcher.

(I recently replayed Witcher 1, yea)

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

How's the port for Ys Origins. I know DotEmu is extremely hit or miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

witcher 1 is worth playing just for the hilariously bad voice acting