Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

euphronius posted:

You don't fire your gm and vp-bo 2 days before the deadline what the gently caress
What if they were refusing to do some horrendous move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
pages back now but

"kiss me where it smells", she said, so I took her to Wahlburger

Celtics stuff makes me think I really love/hate twitter. players should be given basic TwitterFones that come equipped with only emoji buttons

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Brolander posted:

pages back now but

"kiss me where it smells", she said, so I took her to Wahlburger

Celtics stuff makes me think I really love/hate twitter. players should be given basic TwitterFones that come equipped with only emoji buttons

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Omg Magic will call the shots thru the DL

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
the lakers transforming into the knicks has finally broken my spirit, how do you figure out a new team to root for

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

tatankatonk posted:

the lakers transforming into the knicks has finally broken my spirit, how do you figure out a new team to root for

I'm leaning towards the Pelicans or Sixers

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

tatankatonk posted:

Just root for the Warriors, your yellow gear is about the right color anyways

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
if i could pick a team to glom onto it would be the bucks probably, or suns if you wanna keep it more western

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm not jumping ship yet because Magic Johnson's history is "fail massively quickly and then quit at a pretty inopportune time" so I'm sure after the Melo/Rondo Lakers have six wins through February next season he'll quit 24 hours before the trade deadline.

Brolander posted:

if i could pick a team to glom onto it would be the bucks probably, or suns if you wanna keep it more western

You could argue that Magic taking over right now is so stupid that it makes moving to cheering the Suns a latteral move, but the Suns do have one of the worst GMs in the league, one of the worst owners, one of the worst coaches, and a rebuild that is going very poorly outside of Booker.

Rick fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 21, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Before I saw your post I was about to point out old Magic tweets are now the NBA version of old Trump tweets.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/834141610774560768

Big if true

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
"We just need three superstars and we got this. I'm going to personally convince them to come here to improve our basketball team considerably."
-- Magic Johnson (probably)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

If there's one thing kobe was known for it's relating to players

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I can't wait for Kobe to follow MJs footsteps and destroy Ingram by questioning his sexuality in practice.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
iirc, Kobe wanted the team to help the young players more but Byron Scott says "No, gently caress them. Kids don't know poo poo. Young players are useless."

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Rick posted:

I'm not jumping ship yet because Magic Johnson's history is "fail massively quickly and then quit at a pretty inopportune time" so I'm sure after the Melo/Rondo Lakers have six wins through February next season he'll quit 24 hours before the trade deadline.

You could argue that Magic taking over right now is so stupid that it makes moving to cheering the Suns a latteral move, but the Suns do have one of the worst GMs in the league, one of the worst owners, one of the worst coaches, and a rebuild that is going very poorly outside of Booker.

they're fun to watch sometimes, i like to watch bledsoe+booker. NOLP seems like a, uh, better move atm

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

It will be a beautiful team. A big, huge, beautiful team. And the Clippers WILL pay for it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Tae posted:

iirc, Kobe wanted the team to help the young players more but Byron Scott says "No, gently caress them. Kids don't know poo poo. Young players are useless."

Yeah, Kobe was in the press last year pressuring Byron to play the young guys more minutes, especially when he was injured

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The Suns are now the 3rd most competent franchise in the Pacific division lol

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Paul Zuvella posted:

It will be a beautiful team. A big, huge, beautiful team. And the Clippers WILL pay for it.

We will Build [a winning team around] the [Point Guard John] Wall

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

quote:

The Trail Blazers are taking calls and willing listeners about standout point guard Damian Lillard, per Amico Hoops sources.

For who?? Cousins' already off the market. I'm not opposed to burning this all to the ground, but not if they're going to come anywhere close to a Kings deal.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Seriously, we just fired the staff that traded Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom (and no picks) for Chris Paul while lowering our luxury tax payments

They traded Bynum and extremely distant first rounder for Dwight

They traded traded Kwame, Marc Gasol's rights and a 1st round pick for Pau Gasol

In the last decade, they did all of those things

And we fired them

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

zelah posted:

For who?? Cousins' already off the market. I'm not opposed to burning this all to the ground, but not if they're going to come anywhere close to a Kings deal.

I'm a homer but I could easily see Lillard bringing back Drummond, PG, Butler, or the Brooklyn pick

Edit: I wonder if Portland could grab Brook Lopez for the Cleveland or Memphis pick and Evan Turner or something stupid like that

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

zelah posted:

PDX rubbing salt into SACs wounds-

Dame for a dump truck of Phillies picks. Philly improves their record, making the pick swap hurt that much more with sac.

Can't see it, but it would be funny.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dame to Philly is actually good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rubio and Dunn (and picks) for Lillard who says no (Portland)

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spacebump posted:

Before I saw your post I was about to point out old Magic tweets are now the NBA version of old Trump tweets.

It's been a few hours and we're already into Trumpian dysfunction.

https://twitter.com/Michael_Levin/status/834145115677433856

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The Glumslinger posted:

Seriously, we just fired the staff that traded Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom (and no picks) for Chris Paul while lowering our luxury tax payments

They traded traded Kwame, Marc Gasol's rights and a 1st round pick for Pau Gasol

And we fired them

To be fair, the mosgov/deng contracts were really bad

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

And we fired them

And! At this point the Lakers are a coin flip from making that Bynum and two second round picks for Dwight.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hey Portland, want like a Denzel Valentine, a Doug McDermott, a Taj Gibson...Maybe a (lightly protected) Kings Pick for Lillard?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
not sure if posted yet but:

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/834145487687131136

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It's been a few hours and we're already into Trumpian dysfunction.

https://twitter.com/Michael_Levin/status/834145115677433856

Also, the Lakers FO was the most ironclad one in the league. The only trade that ever leaked early was the Dwight trade, everything else that they have done hasn't leaked before the trade

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Philly seems like just about the only team that could offer good value for Lillard and would possibly want him.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jota posted:

Philly seems like just about the only team that could offer good value for Lillard and would possibly want him.
Yeah I didn't think there was one but that's good

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Cograts lakers

https://twitter.com/jtylerconway/status/834106411483328512

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/dylanohernandez/status/834144178028163072

[Shitty_Thinking_Guy.png]

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Tae posted:

To be fair, the mosgov/deng contracts were really bad

To be fair, no, they weren't. The Lakers had zero centers and SFs on their roster, and the closest things to superstars in Barnes and Whiteside wanted to play for winning teams. They paid literal market value for a non-D league level unrestricted free agents.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Rick posted:

To be fair, no, they weren't. The Lakers had zero centers and SFs on their roster, and the closest things to superstars in Barnes and Whiteside wanted to play for winning teams. They paid literal market value for a non-D league level unrestricted free agents.

I'd argue Mosgov was an overpay. Like you shouldn't make that your first move and let the market decide his value. Deng I'd agree with you on.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

straight up brolic posted:

Yeah I didn't think there was one but that's good

Also according to David Aldridge and Zach Lowe, the reason that the Sixers held out Okafor for a few games is because they were very close to a deal with Portland for him. Don't know how much interest there is after trading for Nurkic, but could be interesting to see if anything happens there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Dexo posted:

I'd argue Mosgov was an overpay. Like you shouldn't make that your first move and let the market decide his value. Deng I'd agree with you on.

Mozgov clearly didn't work out, but still better than if they had gone after Ezeli, which is who most Laker's fans expected

Also, somehow Biyombo is putting extremely similar numbers to Mozgov

• Locked thread