Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

The typical gg fan cares more about someone's burst getting thrown than playing the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

attackmole posted:

Hey man it's cool that it exists but let's not pretend that 150 page manifestos are standard fan behaviour

I'm not gonna pretend you aren't being a massive fuckwad

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

bad metaphors posted:

The typical gg fan cares more about someone's burst getting thrown than playing the game

It looks cool, duh.

Like that time my mate took me out by Guard-Cancel-Overdriving Baiken's Crossing of the Sanzu.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

AnonSpore posted:

I'm not gonna pretend you aren't being a massive fuckwad

For what, saying that it was cool and making a dumb throwaway joke about obsession? I ain't trying to hate. :cmon:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i'm autistic and that's totally the kind of thing i would do if i had the time + knowledge

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

attackmole posted:

For what, saying that it was cool and making a dumb throwaway joke about obsession? I ain't trying to hate. :cmon:

For calling a friend of mine autistic for literally no reason

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The reason was writing a 150 page manifesto hth

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Fighting game players are a very insular group of people.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be cool is osmeone wrote a 150 page manifesto about millia tech

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
UNIEL is good

https://a.pomf.cat/hfwsqn.webm

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

It would be cool is osmeone wrote a 150 page manifesto about millia tech

Page 1: Bad Moon
Page 2: Okizeme
Page 3: Secret Garden
Page 4: Very Nice

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
be nice to my buddy daymendou thank you

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Serenade posted:

UNIEL is good

yes

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Pomp posted:

be nice to my buddy daymendou thank you

I heard he writes useful things down what a FUCKIN LOSER

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I am completely unable to deal with Kys Stun Dipper and Greed Sever online :smith:

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

Spuckuk posted:

I am completely unable to deal with Kys Stun Dipper and Greed Sever online :smith:

It's definitely harder to deal with online. If you haven't already, it might help you to become familiar with the concept of "fuzzy guard" (there's a tutorial mission about it). Basically you quickly block low, then high, and because Ky's low attack comes out faster than the high attack, you cover both options.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Make sure you practice in training mode what you will punish Greed Sever or Stun Dipper with on block. It's not good enough to just block it, you need to punish them also.

Neutral jumping at stun dipper range can be pretty good if online ky just does it randomly all the time. You can land and punish while he's whiffing.

Also, this is advice to everyone, but if you are on PSN with 4+ frames of lag, just don't play that person.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I'm 100% free to Birthday Train.
If that song plays I cant play neutral for poo poo.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I still have no idea why that song played after Ram ate a Burger.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I'm terrible at playing against Sol because I start laughin' whenever Ride the Fire! plays. Stupid poo poo like the buttiest of butt metal playing when he uses his Dragon Install is why I love Guilty Gear.

On the other hand, Big Blast Sonic, Heavy Day, Sky Should Be High, Safe Intoxication, Six Black Heavens Guns, and Shotgun&Head are all hype as hell and any match where those play ends up being super fun. :v:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

But they aren't Birthday Train.

Still waiting on a last set of Grand Finals to have that as backing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

At frosty faustings they quit the match when it came up

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Crocoswine posted:

I'm terrible at playing against Sol because I start laughin' whenever Ride the Fire! plays. Stupid poo poo like the buttiest of butt metal playing when he uses his Dragon Install is why I love Guilty Gear.

On the other hand, Big Blast Sonic, Heavy Day, Sky Should Be High, Safe Intoxication, Six Black Heavens Guns, and Shotgun&Head are all hype as hell and any match where those play ends up being super fun. :v:

Shotgun&Head is my favorite because the big pause always coincides with some big action, like the last hit of an air combo or the end of round one and it always makes it super climactic.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://twitter.com/gcyoshi13/status/834865285911842817

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7qcNKcCzmg&t=5082s

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

I play with both sound and music off, I like to only hear stick sounds

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I like birthday train and I'm happy whenever it comes up

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

"Daymendou just threw me a thumbs up... I think he's trying to signal something."

I remember seeing that in the VOD before, and it went right over my head.

https://twitter.com/SD_Toki/status/833549828957237249

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

I have a very specific Ky question that probably only a few people can answer.

Bebop taught me the OS with Ky where you do 669 j.K, then OS j.S or backdash after the j.K. I feel like I would IDEALLY want to actually do like, J.K + j.6HS (for throw OS) then j.S + backdash for the backdash OS. From there, if the j.k j.s actually hits, I ideally would want to do jc, J.S (second JS from the OSed one) j.HS xx DP.

My brain cannot currently handle doing so many OSes at once and also doing the combo if the string connects. The only thing I can really actually execute is going into j.k j.s j.HS xx DP, but sometimes the j.HS won't connect, and it makes the OS feel not worth it.

Before I invest a bunch of time drilling this and seeing if I can get it to work, is this the right train of thought here, or is there a better combo and OS I should be doing for this?

The dash up j.k was specifically suggested by bebop because I cannot 6p Sol's IAD stuff since he has no hitbox on his feet. I also am thinking this would be extremely useful against May players who jump around a lot.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Playing against Sin makes me lust for death

edit: to elaborate, his attacks are even longer than faust's and this makes it very hard to judge when it's actually safe to do anything to him. I guess you have to wait that poo poo out and just huck items at him/wait for him to run out of calories? I'm too impatient for that :negative:

Crocoswine fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Feb 24, 2017

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
You have to be in his face.
Let me tell you about the unholy trinity of Faust/Sin/Axl - all of these players can't stand fighting another. You really need to come to terms with the matchup and play in a completely different way.
Axl vs Faust forced me to learn to dash under jumps and antiair from behind whenever he threw bagbombs. If I go a week without playing Faust i forget the solution and just get rolled.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)
I finally started playing this game. I couldn't get into it for the longest time because I couldn't find a character I could tolerate for more than 2 seconds, but I tried Jack-O' and she's a'ight. I don't know how I feel about her neutral yet, but the end game where you have all the minions out and they're all attacking constantly, I like that.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Wow Rev2 hitting PC day and date with everybody else

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dragon enthusiast posted:

Wow Rev2 hitting PC day and date with everybody else

Wait really

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

Wait really

https://shoryuken.com/2017/02/28/guilty-gear-xrd-rev-2-launches-on-may-25th-in-japan/

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The article says AC not PC

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
europe may 25th 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

The article says AC not PC

Jesus Christ

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
[CORRECTIONS: initially misreported that the May 25th release date referred to the Arcade/PC version as well; thanks to BloodWolf for catching the error. – Editor]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zand posted:

[CORRECTIONS: initially misreported that the May 25th release date referred to the Arcade/PC version as well; thanks to BloodWolf for catching the error. – Editor]

lmao

• Locked thread