Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I'm super stoked for Cyber Dimension. I have a PS4, but it's in the family room, so I don't know if I want to get it (I like to hide my shame). I might just wait for the PC release, but... It looks so cool.

Also, Vert's the goddess for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
After a few hours into Nep U, I'm starting to think B+NvZ is the better game. The combat in Nep U feels better, until you realize the missions last way to long, enemies have way to much health, and that your initial combos don't really improve or get more complex.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Anora posted:

After a few hours into Nep U, I'm starting to think B+NvZ is the better game. The combat in Nep U feels better, until you realize the missions last way to long, enemies have way to much health, and that your initial combos don't really improve or get more complex.

There are things that both games do better. Blanc v Zombies is technically the better game, but Nep U is more responsive overall. Like, I have this problem with all Tamsoft games where dropped inputs are so common that I don't know if QC is ever involved or if they know but have been using the same engine since Shinovi Versus and can't be bothered to fix it.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Yeah, I've put in a couple of hours of Nep U on Steam (I got it as a gift), and as a vehicle for more Nep it kinda works. It just feels like a lot more effort put into it would make it much better - have more combo options or make the combat deeper in general. The irregular quests are pretty fun mainly because they make you think a bit rather than just mash buttons. . . for a little while, at least. As it is it's OK for short bursts of play (due to it being a Vita game and all) but I feel as if I've already seen everything it has to offer.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nep U really was best in short bursts, which made Neptral Tower a passable grind.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I have just reached my first Giant Battle in VII and this is the best. I am entirely getting why y'all called this such a huge leap forward for the series.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The music that plays during those fights is incredible and mood-setting.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Okay, so now that I'm in... I guess I'd call this "act II" with the switch to the Golden Trio, do I need to start doing anything specific/watching out for special ending triggers, or did they just go ahead and make this one single-path only?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

END ME SCOOB posted:

Okay, so now that I'm in... I guess I'd call this "act II" with the switch to the Golden Trio, do I need to start doing anything specific/watching out for special ending triggers, or did they just go ahead and make this one single-path only?

There are True, Good, and Bad paths. I don't remember what you need to do specifically, but I think you're in the part of the game where the True End triggers are. Might want to check a guide if you're worried.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

END ME SCOOB posted:

There is a very specific set of quests you need to do with Neptune that the game doesn't make mandatory. Everyone else is linear outside of raising share levels to >40%. You also needed to view all events in Zero Dimension.

If this is your first playthrough, don't stress. Just play however you want, and you can get the True End in New Game+. The Normal End is 100% worth watching.

e:
If this is absolutely a huge deal to you, refer to this guide: http://neptunia.etherealgames.com/megadimension-neptunia-vii/ending-requirements/

But really, I suggest just playing the game normally and referring to it later, since everything is much easier to set up in NG+.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Oh, no, I wasn't gonna flip or anything, I just wanted to know earlier than later if there was some kind of "if you do X/do not do Y you gently caress yourself out of one or more endings" thing. NG+ seems like a good way to do that then.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

END ME SCOOB posted:

Oh, no, I wasn't gonna flip or anything, I just wanted to know earlier than later if there was some kind of "if you do X/do not do Y you gently caress yourself out of one or more endings" thing. NG+ seems like a good way to do that then.

Also, since you're actually new to V2, if you have any interest in the DLC characters, get them now, because otherwise, you won't really care to use them.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I bought a select few packs before I started the game, I just got picky rather than tossing everything in the cart since it never discounts. The only character I grabbed was God Eater to dick with a buddy of mine who kept trying to push the game on me.

"Hey yeah I bought God Eater now."
"Oh you're probably gonna hate some of the cast, but-"
"No there's only one of them, so if she sucks I sideline her"
"..."

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

END ME SCOOB posted:

I bought a select few packs before I started the game, I just got picky rather than tossing everything in the cart since it never discounts.

The characters are specifically Umio, Nepgya, God Eater, Nitroplus, and Million Arthur. If you like any of those, jump on them now before you don't care anymore lol

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
So did they change localization teams between Rebirth 3 and VII? Because I feel like there's definitely a different spread of references in this one.

Specifically, I know drat well there weren't this many JBA jokes in the Rebirths.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

END ME SCOOB posted:

So did they change localization teams between Rebirth 3 and VII? Because I feel like there's definitely a different spread of references in this one.

Specifically, I know drat well there weren't this many JBA jokes in the Rebirths.

RB1 didn't use the original Nep translator and ended up kinda stiff, so they got him back for RB2 and RB3.

RB2 and RB3 are essentially the same script as the PS3 version with serials filed off, right down to its flaws, meaning that it's, more or less, years old.

V2 is much more modern and reflects a lot of changes in the localizers and the current anime climate, so the references are very different. However, I haven't seen the original JP text, and, since Nep is super meme-filled in the original scripts too, the JJBA stuff might actually be straight translations!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Takoluka posted:

However, I haven't seen the original JP text, and, since Nep is super meme-filled in the original scripts too, the JJBA stuff might actually be straight translations!

I mean, it's totally possible, it just feels different after playing the others over the past year. I wondered if it was just coincidence when Big Nep was DIOing at higher combos, but then I got C-Sha in the party, and, well...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Speaking of Sha characters, I still love that B-Sha has a robot powered by microtransactions.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
This was probably my favorite reference in VII. I had to immediately screenshot it for posterity.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Good, the correct way to play Neptunia games is to end up with a pile of screenshots at the end.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PureRok posted:

This was probably my favorite reference in VII. I had to immediately screenshot it for posterity.

Yeah, screenshot everything. Post your gallery.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The inanimate carbon rod from the Simpsons made its way in. Can't get the screenshot now because that USB drive also has Dead or Alive Xtreme and Senran Kagura screenshots I don't need my company storing.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Now I'm looking through various screenshots I have and this one made me wonder how long they were hoping they'd get to one day make Neplunker a reality before it actually happened.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Blanc vs Zombies is 80% off ($6, Steam key) on Bundle Stars for today.
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/star-deal

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Neptunia U becomes kind of trivial when you get the accessory that gives you full HDD meter at the start of a stage, and can equip it on EVERYBODY.

My biggest complaint is that every enemy winds up acting the same - mob you and attack en masse. Yeah there are things like enemies that can paralyze you for a second but they all wind up lost in the crowd. I keep seeing flashes of a really solid beat 'em up, like that Neptune/Famitsu mission where you don't get much HDD juice and forces you to switch characters frequently to recover health (which is made infinitely more frustrating with the aforementioned paralyzing enemies). They're brief, but they're there.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
You can (and should) equip an accessory that makes you immune to paralysis.

And then the pain train will never stop.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

END ME SCOOB posted:

I mean, it's totally possible, it just feels different after playing the others over the past year. I wondered if it was just coincidence when Big Nep was DIOing at higher combos, but then I got C-Sha in the party, and, well...

This one actually isn't all that out there. C-Sha's combos are based on fighting game inputs and attacks, and it just so happens it was Capcom that made the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game back on the PS1.
Kind of a... Roundabout reference.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Well, GOG has started its Spring Sale and all three Re;Births and DLC packs are on sale!

Also, I can't stop making GIFs of Nep enemies. They're too silly and/or adorable; I can't help it :v:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Man, you know what's too loving real right now? The Vert/Nepgear event about news aggregators and information manipulation. Yeesh.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think the developers had a slightly smaller scope in mind when injecting that theme into the overall plot but it is hilariously on point.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

END ME SCOOB posted:

Man, you know what's too loving real right now? The Vert/Nepgear event about news aggregators and information manipulation. Yeesh.

Nep is real.

e: if you have screenshots or a youtube link, please post, because i don't remember this verbatim and am curious

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Takoluka posted:

Nep is real.

e: if you have screenshots or a youtube link, please post, because i don't remember this verbatim and am curious

I think these are in order...

One gallery, coming right up.

I'm not sure if more of this is coming, I'm still not done with the chapter, but boy did that whole section leave me tugging my collar nervously

edit: oh my loving god S-Sha's backstory dump

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Mar 8, 2017

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Thank you.

Nepgear best Gear.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Takoluka posted:

Nepgear best Gear.

It's true.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Volcynika/status/839916547758047232

We have a release window

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hooray, I guess

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Yes! Simultaneous release with PS4 and Steam. I'm super looking forward to this one. Day 1 pre-purchase on Steam, thanks.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

PureRok posted:

Yes! Simultaneous release with PS4 and Steam. I'm super looking forward to this one. Day 1 pre-purchase on Steam, thanks.

Yeah this is actually good news. It means sales on Steam have been significant enough to warrant day 1 releases.

Bad news is a whole year of no new Nep. :(

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

A delayed Nep is eventually a kangaroo. A bad Nep is a rabbit forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

Yeah this is actually good news. It means sales on Steam have been significant enough to warrant day 1 releases.

Bad news is a whole year of no new Nep. :(

If it's polished and ends up being a very good game out of the box, it's a pretty good deal.