Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Black chocobos rule

Whats baron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Moatillata posted:

Black chocobos rule

Whats baron

The first town, where cecil, Kain, cid, Rosa, baigan, Cagnazzo, odin all live (well, they all used to live there... or at all)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mithross posted:

The first town, where cecil, Kain, cid, Rosa, baigan, Cagnazzo, odin all live (well, they all used to live there... or at all)

I think we should do that one

B

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hot cocoa is the way. Town is refreshed. We don't want either scum team to refresh.

So stop. Don't do anything. Have some cocoa.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm sorry you're scum Mithross

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Infinitum posted:

I'm sorry you're scum Mithross

I'm sorry you're wrong Inf

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

d

Kill Australia

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hey town

based strictly upon reads and not setup spec/claims etc, who are your top two scum picks?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Stickup
Mith

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Stickup
Mith

I want a case then, since Fisk asked who was scummy based on reads, not setup spec/claims

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Hey town

based strictly upon reads and not setup spec/claims etc, who are your top two scum picks?

Moat and gulag. I admit I always think Gulag is scum though. Literally always, even if we aren't in a game together.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mithross posted:

I want a case then

Mithross posted:

Moat and gulag.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

If I'm picking entirely based on their content, no ability claims, nothing extra, just what they've done in the thread? Yea. They're the top.

But that isn't all this game is about.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No I'm saying it's ironic that you would call someone out for not making cases, then straight away pick 2 people and not make a case.

Makes you think

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

The more I think about this game, the more I believe I need to read through and try to find the (hopefully) last lunarian. I'm pretty confident either Inf or stickup is a fiend. And also as I think about the sheer number of multiple kill skills, and all the other assorted crazy abilities, plus the fact we have no idea what abilities scum have had. There are just too many variables to base anything on one action, even a cop.

I'm less opposed to voting stickup than I was. But even if he is a fiend, then there's still 1 and 1 scum to 4 town (again, assuming Zemus is the last lunarian). Two NKs and it's 2, 1, and 1, which is a loss for town even if we correctly lynch, baring shenanigans.

If we can find zemus, it goes to 4 and 2, with 1 nk, and we have another day.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Infinitum posted:

No I'm saying it's ironic that you would call someone out for not making cases, then straight away pick 2 people and not make a case.

Makes you think

Man, I'm at work and phone posting. I'll happily case at my computer. I didn't say you needed to case right now, just that I want one.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Hey town

Gulag
Infinitum

Not necessarily in that order.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Gulag
On the fence between sticky and infinitum I could either way for them

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Moatillata posted:

B

Yeah, I would be very happy voting off ahab due to his posting or Kash for a lurker vote

I am also amenable to voting for pander or even bif due to that whole jo bro thing.

Which as an aside I think is p bullshit especially since I couldn't get infinitum to shave his beard

This is the only time moat mentions bif.

She was the vote leader one day, we switched to Kash at the last minute, then vote leader again the next day, leading to her scum claim. And moat never mentions her over either of those days.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm bored. It's probably mylo and we have two people I'd be okay with lynching.

So let's do one.

##vote infinitum

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mithross posted:

This is the only time moat mentions bif.

She was the vote leader one day, we switched to Kash at the last minute, then vote leader again the next day, leading to her scum claim. And moat never mentions her over either of those days.

I actually mention her again later on in this post

Moatillata posted:

Caught up

Hot takes:

-Role actions aside and claims aside i believe fisk is town this game. Ive been in a lot of games with him recently and feel more accustomed to his style and feel like he is playing in a pro town manner

-likewise about king b. I feel p solid on the whole confirmed mason thing with tobbs

-I do not like any of infinitums posts so far this day. I felt pretty good about him previously but now that is slipping back

-I would like to hear from my man sticky

-(hate to game the mod buuuut) the fact that kash has yet to be modkilled tells me he is something more than VT

-LM, did you get PMs telling you about your targets? How do you know all the lunarian kills?

Right now I would vote gulag, kash and bif in no particular order. Stickup is in there somewhere but his engagement late day has me less enthused than normal for his death.

Maaaaybe Infinitum but that could improve with his posting

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
man this is a long rear end game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I missed a lot of recent events due to no computer or phone, but could we agree on gulag?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I missed a lot of recent events due to no computer or phone, but could we agree on gulag?

Yeah hes been on my list for awhile I could swing that

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote gulag

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My votes not moving off Stickup because we have a cop result.
You're being played.

Vote D to stop a recharge happening for scum.

If you lynch me you're lynching vanilla town, The Epopts.
There's nothing else to argue or defend. I've said my piece and there's nothing to add or change.

I'm going back to sleep and will probably miss deadline.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I was leaning mith and one of moat or gulag before this game day, which you really should read taste. the last day was 90% non-game fluff.

Infinitum posted:

My votes not moving off Stickup because we have a cop result.
You're being played.

Vote D to stop a recharge happening for scum.

If you lynch me you're lynching vanilla town, The Epopts.
There's nothing else to argue or defend. I've said my piece and there's nothing to add or change.

I'm going back to sleep and will probably miss deadline.

how do you know what the event result will be :allears:

you haven't argued or defended anything in multiple game days. strange how your posting has changed since being called out eh?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Asiina posted:

My opinion was that Mithross was leaning very heavily on lore talk in order to contribute and not so much on game talk despite being very chatty.

prior to this post, I was suspicious of mith. I asked asiina because she brought up mith and at the time I was suspicious of her for making 0 calls all game. I thought it might be some subtle distancing

later mith's interactions with bif (lorechat and being scum) I thought were really strange and felt a little like they were coordinated in a scumdoc and/or based on truth with them both actually being scum

I think mith is quite possibly lunarian and trying to nail his rival inf to thin the fiend herd before the game ends. see also mith suggesting inf is fiend, as he would know inf isn't lunarian.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
that said, despite bringing up the fact that at least one of the seemingly town posters being scum, I really didn't see inf as that person, but I think it's possible given how much he's shut down compared to the early game.

inf made multiple cases based on posts. despite pushing mislynches each time, he went through the effort. he gets called out for this, and rightfully calls out mith as well.

inf v mith is scum v scum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

As I said, blanket blocking town isn't a town aligned ability. Night action mafia is what we need to solve poo poo most of the time, and I don't see a mod giving that to a town player that would potentially gently caress us over every time he used it.

Blanket blocking scum is obviously very useful, but again the chances of finding scum while blindly poking around in the dark with no information is very low.

The only team that benefits from being able to wildly block everyone is a 3P.

Pander keeps pushing the "There are 2 scum teams" angle, but I think it's more 1 scum who know each other via scumdoc, and a '3P scumteam' who don't know each other and are just loving with both teams.

Think about it.

If he blocks scum there's no NK, etc from them.
If he blocks town we're going to have multiple people in thread going "My action didn't work"
If he blocks his 3P team only they would get blocked, potentially even his own action would fail, and he'd be made aware of who one of his buddies is.

It is a theory, but one that would make the greatest benefit out of that power.
I really don't see it being given to a town player.

----------------------------

tl;dr Pander is a liability. Would vote off soon before endgame.

after all the talk about slips, this is sticks out to me as quite possibly the only real slip we've seen. inf is sure pander's ability blocked the scum team kill long before anyone but pander had a reason to

moat is barely playing. gulag always plays like this. I'm fine switching to either but I think inf or mith are both more solid choices

##vote infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I don't give a poo poo if i get lynched today, while you all blatantly ignore a cop result.

Again, I'm VT. Nothing about that claim will change.
If I die, and you see the flip verifying my claim, lynch Stickup tomorrow you dumb fucks.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

If you honestly think I'm Lunarian, and you are town, you should vote me.

Mithross posted:

I'm less opposed to voting stickup than I was. But even if he is a fiend, then there's still 1 and 1 scum to 4 town (again, assuming Zemus is the last lunarian). Two NKs and it's 2, 1, and 1, which is a loss for town even if we correctly lynch, baring shenanigans.

If we can find zemus, it goes to 4 and 2, with 1 nk, and we have another day.

Lynching a fiend is the same as lynching town today. We still lose.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Im not gonna be around for deadline

Here goes nothing

##vote infinitum

:redhammer:

Infinitum I release you. Enjoy Zelda.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost: Remember what I said dum-dums :ghost:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cecil opens his pack and sits down to have hot cocoa before drifting away to sleep.
Refreshed he headed towards Troia to tell the Epopts what happened, only to fin that they'd been murdered in his absence, and if he had only come right away, maybe they'd still be alive.

Fiend aligned players refresh all opg abilities

Infinitum - The Epopts - Blue planet aligned was killed on d 8

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 3:08 PM:
"You are the Epopts

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Epopts_(Final_Fantasy_IV)

You are blue planet aligned and win when you eliminate all threats to Earth."

It is night 8.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Infinitum (4): GulagDolls, Little Mac, this is a stickup, Moatillata
this is a stickup (1): Infinitum
GulagDolls (1): Jonathan Fisk

Not Voting (1): Mithross

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 09th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cecil fell into despair after the events of the previous day , walking outside his inn room he noticed a dead woman, larger than a normal human with wild hair and he could swear he saw a small tornado swirling around, then she was killed by ninjas.

This is a stickup - Barbariccia , Fiend of Wind - Fiend aligned was killed on n8!

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 3:10 PM:
"You are Barbariccia, Fiend of Wind

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Barbariccia_(Final_Fantasy_IV_boss)

its day 9

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
An anger like none imaginable could be felt last night as a creature screamed out in rage.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 9

Not Voting (5): GulagDolls, Jonathan Fisk, Little Mac, Mithross, Moatillata

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 12th, 2017 at 11:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
:ghost: rude. uncalled for and rude :ghost:

• Locked thread