Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 50 - Menace to Society
We head out to the Society of Leopold and take a rather heavy handed approach to our mission.

Episode 51 - A Historical Perspective
We fight our way through the caverns of the Society's base and run into some familiar faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I've always liked the little cardboard targets the hunters use as a shooting range.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

rojogames posted:

Does she drop anything of interest?

Not unless the plus patch added something.

The doctor in this episode is the second character you can spot bluffing if your inspection is high enough. Press him more on how he found the sarcophagus and he'll admit he woke up one day and found a map to it in his room.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Added Space posted:

Not unless the plus patch added something.

The doctor in this episode is the second character you can spot bluffing if your inspection is high enough. Press him more on how he found the sarcophagus and he'll admit he woke up one day and found a map to it in his room.

That's pretty cool! I never put enough points in investigation to find that, even in my Malk playthrough I did awhile back. At least not as far as I remember.

rojovision fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 6, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You monster. You left him in there to die.

Also, don't kill Pisha. :(

Poil fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Mar 6, 2017

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I did find it amusing that Pisha is spot on in pointing out how silly it is trying to claim how one supernatural affliction is more gross than another supernatural affliction. "Ew, you eat flesh? Well we only drink the blood of our enemies. Ew, you drink blood? We gobble up chi, yall nasty." :colbert:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Well to be fair she could've at least like, cut it to little pieces first and eaten with a fork or something, instead of just chowing down on a whole arm.

Something something humanity.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Nordick posted:

Well to be fair she could've at least like, cut it to little pieces first and eaten with a fork or something, instead of just chowing down on a whole arm.

Something something humanity.

She's a follower of the Path of Death and the Soul, not the Path of Humanity

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

More monsters need to embrace the Gaichu school of cooking.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 52 - Hallowbrook Heights
We say goodbye to a friend, and discuss our findings with the prince who directs us to destroy a Sabbat stronghold

Episode 53 - Sabbat Slaughter
We battle our way through a seemingly never ending supply of Sabbat flunkies, and discover a key piece of information from an unlikely source.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
WoD players:

Are we basically a god tier vampire at this point in the game, as far as the tabletop is concerned? Maybe not literally god tier, but you know....up there? Or not even close?

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

rojogames posted:

WoD players:

Are we basically a god tier vampire at this point in the game, as far as the tabletop is concerned? Maybe not literally god tier, but you know....up there? Or not even close?

There's a lot of power creep in the tabletop; the books kept throwing out new options until there was a discipline for pretty much anything. Stop time? Learn Temporis. Remove your heart so no one can stake you? Serpentis. Turn to mist or living stone? Enough Protean gets you that. Some of those were restricted to certain clans, but there's no real limit to the new powers you could learn.

So given enough XP and a lenient GM, a high-level tabletop character could take out your Bloodlines character without breaking a (blood)sweat.

Esplanade fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Mar 9, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Now that's a humiliating end. The flamethrower really makes that boss fight trivial too. But I think you missed to pick up a torch as a melee weapon. It deals aggravated damage but it's compensated by being fairly crappy.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I thought there was a magic sword in that boss room, unless the plus patch moved it again.

Vampire power tiers have to do with how much blood you can store and how fast you can spend it. Neither map to this game where you can store a huge amount and spend it on demand.

You also shouldn't be able to put four pips into a skill unless you have professional training; more powerful tier vampires can go past 5 pips.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 9, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The blood also never goes down unless you spend it, which I assume it does intabletop.

Added Space posted:

the plus patch moved it again.
:shepface:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Poil posted:

The blood also never goes down unless you spend it, which I assume it does intabletop.

1 blood point per day, out of a maximum store of 10-15 (depending on generation) for a starting character.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ulmont posted:

1 blood point per day, out of a maximum store of 10-15 (depending on generation) for a starting character.

I forget, how many days have we been a vampire at this point? Is it possible the game takes place within 2 nights?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

double nine posted:

Is it possible the game takes place within 2 nights?

That seems incredibly improbable considering how many different things happen.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
It sounds like what I expected: things don't translate perfectly to the tabletop rules so it's hard to say exactly how powerful we are, but in general there's a long way to go to be a total badass.

As far as in game time goes, that's one of the reasons I asked about where we might stand. The game isn't very good at showing us how long it's been since we've become a vampire. I was thinking maybe a few weeks tops, which seems like a pretty remarkable rate to gain as much power as we have. It's been suggested that LaCroix gets rid of people at his convenience, even important ones as of late. That makes me wonder if our sire was maybe a little more powerful / important than your average vampire, even though it's never explicitly stated.

rojovision fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 9, 2017

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
The interesting thing about bloodlines is that you have a blood pool that can be quantified. Based on low level power use, you appear to have a 15 blood pool, which makes you 8th gen. That's THE most powerful a starter char can be in the modern setting. It also means your sire was 7th gen, or 4 steps removed from the clan founders and 6 from Caine himself.
Vamps of that power level don't generally let themselves get staked and offed for an illicit siring. Something is really off about that.

(it also implies that LaCroix is 8th gen or lower, since he can Dominate you if you try to tell him to gently caress off in the first missions)

Of course, this all assumes that the PnP system translated directly to the game, when the more likely answer is that they fudged it a bit.

With regards to personal attributes/abilities--the five-dot scale is relative to human ability. 1 is a rank novice, 3 is a pro, 5 is the world's best at something. A serious ST/game would require a lot of training/justification for levels 4 and 5; this is an arcadey version of the game in that regard.

There's a popular theory that ~something~ is quietly loving with your abilities to enable you to gain strength so fast, but that's about as far as it goes.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 9, 2017

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Another thing to consider is the enemies he's successfully taking out. This character is punching WAY above his weight for a new vampire working alone, iirc.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I remember one theory I read but I can't post it until the endgame. Spoilers. :)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I read one theory that the player character needs a few days to get adjusted to his new powers + physiology, hence his/her ridiculous power curve. They just needed to find their sea blood legs

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
One of the Troika guys used to post here, and to this day I regret never asking if there was a reason the cab drivers soundfiles are in a folder with that one very surprising name, or if it was just done to gently caress with people.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I believe that was the intent but then White Wolf stepped in. Then an alternative (still valid) theory came about, but I have no idea if that fluff piece was introduced before or after Bloodlines.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 54 - Hot Spot
We return to LaCroix to talk about the Sabbat and Xiao. What could go wrong?

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Just want to chime in to say that Les Assasins de Roulllents are a reference to a terroist group of the same name in David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest. The name literally translates to The Wheelchair Assassins and all of the members are unable to walk for whatever different reasons. I know it was a few videos back but I really enjoyed seeing the reference.

As a terrorist group their actions went mostly unnoticed due to the fact that they were so successful no one was aware that an action had taken place. An example of this is kind of thing would be the time they set up a mirror on a blind curve at the top of mountain pass in the non-radioactive wasteland of lower Quebec. Oncoming cars would see their own reflection and swerve right off the cliff. Ironically, the whole thing was revealed when a suicidal driver accelerated toward his own reflection and smashed the mirror. He was stunned, but survived the ordeal.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 11, 2017

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Whelp, guess we gotta kill LaCroix now.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

paragon1 posted:

Well, we were always going to have to kill LaCroix. I mean, come on.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

wiegieman posted:

Well, we were always going to have to kill LaCroix. I mean, come on.

Yeah, I'm just saying we have to do it now because he probably won't give us money anymore.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I really don't like how, up until now, you only heard about LaCroix being a scumbag from opposing factions (the anarchs and Kuei-Jin) and the other Camarilla you meet just complain about power politics as usual. Ming-Xiao talks about the alliance and plays like she's warning you about LaCroix and all, but this is after she herself said "we were never anything else" than enemies. And LaCroix gives a perfectly valid reason for her talk of alliance to be a stratagem to weaken the vampires in LA. It was really up to the interpretation and disposition of the player to decide who, if anyone, to trust.

But then no, LaCroix calls a blood hunt on you and is obviously a baddie.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

paragon1 posted:

I imagine some people wanted to kill him straight from the opening cutscene.

CirclMastr posted:

But then no, LaCroix calls a blood hunt on you and is obviously a baddie.

I don't want to go into too much detail right now since I'll probably be explaining my thought process in the next video, but I'm generally inclined to agree.

rojovision fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 11, 2017

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 55 - Who Can You Trust?
We meet up with Jack's driver and decide who to side with.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
If you waffle a bit more the driver will start talking about Enoch and ancient vampire lore.

Is it time to drop the big reveal yet?

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

Added Space posted:

If you waffle a bit more the driver will start talking about Enoch and ancient vampire lore.

NO! No no no no no.... *beats head against inside of cab*

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

time for jack to come out of the box.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The Camarilla Strauss path is a bit fun but it lacks the best part of the ending cinematics you get if you side with anyone else, apart from the kuei jin. Which part? That's a secret.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Added Space posted:

You mean that we've been a Malk all along and sexually identify as a wet bag of spaghetti?

Poil posted:

The Camarilla Strauss path is a bit fun but it lacks the best part of the ending cinematics you get if you side with anyone else, apart from the kuei jin. Which part? That's a secret.

Depending on what happens I may cut in one or more of the other endings after the canonical ending of the playthrough, just to show them off. Or make bonus videos showing the alternate paths. Then again, I might leave them out to encourage people who have watched the series, but never played to try the game out for themselves. Either way we can all shoot the poo poo about endings and stuff pretty soon. We might be done tomorrow depending on how long it takes me to find LaCroix.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Please show it off in all it's glory. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 56 - LA Kuei-Jinocide
Fully equipped, we knock on Ming Xiao's door to politely acquire the key to the sarcophagus.

Episode 57 - To Ding a Ming
We sort out the puzzle in the lower temple and unburden ourselves of so, so many bullets.

We didn't get done today like I thought we might - I totally forgot we actually had to fight our way through the temple. Looks like we'll definitely be done next week though. Also, I've decided that I'm going to do the alternate endings in separate bonus videos after our playthrough's canonical ending.

• Locked thread