Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Your Personal Muse posted:

So I think what happened was my ego got in the way yesterday, and I apologize. The main reason I made the case on MMT in the first place was because I saw that there was 1 day, 6 hours left until deadline and the game was going nowhere, so I made a case on a minor feeling I had and pushed it. People saw right through it, rightfully called my case false, and it frustrated me, both because my attempt at getting us out of joke phase failed and because the vets here don't hold me in high enough esteem to assume I was just trying to engage people. So I dug in, forgot why I made the case in the first place, and was just trying to get people to validate my case. Ironically enough, that was my whole case against MMT. It's stupid and petty but whatever, I was having one of those days. I still don't like MMT's initial post, but it was minor as TNL said and I think her follow up was good.

Looking back, I think there are a couple of things that bothered me out of that exchange. Some of Stickup's comments were out of place, like the assumption that I was sticking up for him instead out casing MMT and it seemed like alot of me-tooing. I don't know if that is scummy or not, I just picked up on it.

I don't know what Asiina is doing. I'm assuming it is some sort of PR.

My biggest scum read is CC. He strolls in, asks what is happening, and then completely ignores the biggest case going (which I would estimate would be me, but that may be an egocentric view of what was happening) to give a couple of shrugs and non-reads. But if you look at his evaluation of MMT, he does take a couple of indirect shots at me, implying that I may be scum (but may also be town who knows lol). So I'm comfortable with my vote on him for now.

The silent people also need to speak and use their words.

Well I feel a little bad for saying this now but this post makes me think you are scummier. And maybe the reason I feel bad is because you're using this post to fish for sympathy.

Straight up as a "veteran player" I'm going to assume anyone making and pushing a case is pushing it in earnest. So it changes our whole interaction yesterday if in retrospect you were just bullshitting or testing an argument or whatever. Either way I didn't think it was bad enough to apologize for.

I also think it's scummy that you're top suspicion happens to be the person you were already voting. That's a little too convenient for my tastes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Rarity posted:

This is the first time I can tell he's actually paying attention to the thread. Normally I don't even see that.

Yes the tofu recipes and the mom jokes are completely on point and relevant

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

With that said I'd be fairly reluctant to vote out YPM if it means letting one of the several nonexistent players go free today... Where's Chic Trombone been?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
oh...my aspiration in life...would be...to be happy

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

got some chores tonight posted:

oh...my aspiration in life...would be...to be happy

Oh. I see why you think he's town now. It makes sense.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Seriously at the moment it feels like maybe seven people are playing this Mafia game.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Oh. I see why you think he's town now. It makes sense.

KNOW YOUR drat ROLE AND SHUT YOUR drat MOUTH

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

THE CHORES IS GOING TO DO TO YOU EXACTLY WHAT HE DOES BEST AND THATS LAY THE SMACKDOWN ON YOUR CANDY rear end

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

The Ninth Layer posted:

Well I feel a little bad for saying this now but this post makes me think you are scummier. And maybe the reason I feel bad is because you're using this post to fish for sympathy.

Straight up as a "veteran player" I'm going to assume anyone making and pushing a case is pushing it in earnest. So it changes our whole interaction yesterday if in retrospect you were just bullshitting or testing an argument or whatever. Either way I didn't think it was bad enough to apologize for.

I also think it's scummy that you're top suspicion happens to be the person you were already voting. That's a little too convenient for my tastes.

To respond to this, you shouldn't feel bad? There is no reason for you to. Like I got my ego wrapped up in the game for very stupid reasons. The reason I was apologizing was because I didn't just play the game.

I feel that town needs as much information as possible, and if me explaining that my whole read on MMT was initially an attempt to get out of jokephase that turned into me just trying to get validation explains day 1 better (it may not but who knows) leads me to get lynched, whatever. At least there is more interaction for people to play with after my flip. Or people understand where I'm coming from and are better able to read me. It is a win-win in my book.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

YPM, this is pretty normal for Town chores (annoyingly.)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Rarity posted:

This is the first time I can tell he's actually paying attention to the thread. Normally I don't even see that.

I could only find him trying to get people's last name and nationality. How is that him trying to pay attention to the thread? Like I understand your vote on me, whatever, but a town read on chores seems absurd.

Also did chores used to go by a different name so I can have more context?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Max posted:

YPM, this is pretty normal for Town chores (annoyingly.)

Ok but there is a difference between "chores sometimes does this as town" and "chores is town because of what he has done so far"

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I don't have a scum read on chores or anything because he has talked about tofu and loving my mother, but Rarity makes it sound like he has actually offer substance other than saying Kash should die.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Seriously at the moment it feels like maybe seven people are playing this Mafia game.

For the record I'm gone for the next few hours but will be around before deadline.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't have a scum read on chores or anything because he has talked about tofu and loving my mother, but Rarity makes it sound like he has actually offer substance other than saying Kash should die.

I don't like this either. He's active and posting, has dropped a few town calls but nothing I would call substantial either.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

So yeah I don't know how Rarity is getting some great town read from that.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

got some chores tonight posted:

##unvote ##vote chic trombone

he's also made lurker callouts

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ugh we're probably voting out a lurker today huh.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Is Retro Futurist a name change of someone?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

Is Retro Futurist a name change of someone?

opop

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That's sorta what I remembered. Where's he been all game???

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

That's sorta what I remembered. Where's he been all game???

opop

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

not all lurkers are scum and not all scum are lurkers but most scum are definitely lurkers and we need to kill the lurkers until everyone posts all the time share their favourite song lyrics tofu recipes wwf promos etc

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Rarity scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Ninth Layer posted:

So yeah I don't know how Rarity is getting some great town read from that.

It's based on ~*meta*~ :sun:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Every time I check the thread there's over 100 posts and most of them are useless nonsense so it hard to get motivated. I'll get there

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Rarity scum.

Said Asiina, every game ever.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Rarity posted:

It's based on ~*meta*~ :sun:

Then explain it to us scrubs

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Then explain it to us scrubs

I... did?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
More than "his meta". What's different?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I like stickup for lynch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

More than "his meta". What's different?

If you're not going to listen to what I say the first time I'm not going to say it again.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Said Asiina, every game ever.

You're confusing me and you.

You always think I'm scum, it's a completely null tell because I cannot recall the last game we played together where you didn't call me scum on D1. It's basically like PMom claiming VT.

I think you're scum, but it's mostly gut. I don't know that I could convince anyone else of it.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
That he's paying attention to the thread? I can assure you that nothing in his posting history would suggest that he has done anything other than look at the player list.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

This looks like a game opinion, but isn't.

##vote dick

I admit I have not been as engaged as I like to be so far, but my vacation is over and work is cutting into what would otherwise be quality mafia time because, lets face it, I am a loser with no life. My motivation for that scant observation was that Ecco had stated in the OP (which has been edited when the game began) that player's name flavor is generated randomly. So I felt that chores was sort of falsely leading town astray with any content that focused on something we know to be arbitrary to alignment.

Something else that's bothering me is the fact that YPM has more or less admitted to generating a false case (claimed frustration at other player's ability to "see through it") which I find unsettling.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dick Bastardly posted:

I admit I have not been as engaged as I like to be so far, but my vacation is over and work is cutting into what would otherwise be quality mafia time because, lets face it, I am a loser with no life. My motivation for that scant observation was that Ecco had stated in the OP (which has been edited when the game began) that player's name flavor is generated randomly. So I felt that chores was sort of falsely leading town astray with any content that focused on something we know to be arbitrary to alignment.
That's really not what ecco said re: names

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway I was mad yesterday, I'm less mad today.

I think YPM's case was bad, but he's acknowledged the things that seemed bad about it to me which is that he was tunneling hard on a case that he obviously didn't believe in and it was incredibly obvious. I feel better about him now.

I think TNL has been very town so far too and like him best for town.

I dunno, I'm not feeling super strongly for anyone as scum. Would vote out a shitposter or a lurker, and obviously would vote Rarity but again don't think I could really convince anyone of that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Let's not even dip our toes into flavor spec day 1 please

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Kashuno posted:

Let's not even dip our toes into flavor spec day 1 please

My point exactly. Chores' ethnicity poo poo isn't going to help us find scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Chores famously nailed scum based on a flavor name once so now he always does it.

• Locked thread