Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

This has been a long day and I cannot promise that me posting and being drunk will not simultaneously happen in the very near future but I will try my best not to let that happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Max posted:

Chores famously nailed scum based on a flavor name once so now he always does it.

That has nothing to do with this game though...?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

That has nothing to do with this game though...?

To clarify, yes chores my be "doing it" but we know that name flavor doesn't have poo poo to do with alignment in this game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I always confuse chores and stickup

Max
Nov 30, 2002

In a meta sense, it does. Chores going down the flavor name rabbit hole is null read for me. Honestly, him shitposting like his life depended on it is sadly common and annoying but I've given up caring about it when it happens.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

To clarify, yes chores my be "doing it" but we know that name flavor doesn't have poo poo to do with alignment in this game.

That doesn't stop him.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
im raising balkan awareness

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I always confuse chores and stickup

Wow I thought you weren't as angry today

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Max posted:

In a meta sense, it does. Chores going down the flavor name rabbit hole is null read for me. Honestly, him shitposting like his life depended on it is sadly common and annoying but I've given up caring about it when it happens.

You engaged it though.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Max posted:

Chores famously nailed scum based on a flavor name once so now he always does it.

It was me he nailed, too.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

You engaged it though.

If you mean the name thing, yes. Not the other shitposting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Wow I thought you weren't as angry today

It's true. I lump them both in with "shitposters who for some reason people think are good at mafia because they were that one time" category so I can't really tell them apart.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess that's unfair to stickup though. Looking at his posting he doesn't really fit that category.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

How do you feel about stickup's reads?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

How do you feel about stickup's reads?

I have no idea what the hell this means

this is a stickup posted:

very much :agreed: with this. I think it's weird that max is sticking up for mmt, especially after coming after ypm for sticking up for me. projecting a little maybe?

Also his idea of going all in early D1 is a good thing is exactly the poo poo I think is stupid and fake as hell, so I think that's bad. I dunno if having a bad opinion makes him scum though since it doesn't look like he was doing it just defending it. He's still sitting on a jokevote.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I would consider voting stickup today. The posts I have seen were not great.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I would consider voting stickup today. The posts I have seen were not great.

:same:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##unvote
##vote stickup

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: DAY 1 ROBOT VOTECOUNT :c:
:psylon: -"psy-y-beep-boop

Dick Bastardly (2): this is a stickup, Pinterest Mom
this is a stickup (2): Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin, CCKeane, Kashuno
Your Personal Muse (1): Max, The Ninth Layer, Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin, -Max
Asiina (1): Kashuno, -Kashuno, Murmur Twin
CCKeane (1): Your Personal Muse
Chic Trombone (1): The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer, got some chores tonight
Kashuno (1): got some chores tonight, Rarity, -got some chores tonight
Murmur Twin (1): dogmother1776
Pinterest Mom (0): Kashuno, -Kashuno
got some chores tonight (0): The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer

Not Voting (5): Asiina, Chic Trombone, Dick Bastardly, Max, Retro Futurist

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 28th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in slightly more than 3 1/2 hours from this post.

Note that if nobody has the required number of votes by deadline, the day will end with no hang.

-y."

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 29, 2017

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'd do that as well.

not really imo. look at it from this pov: if town thinks they've nailed someone, they'll probably push to the ends of the earth to close. scum would not, as (WIFOM) pushing too hard can draw attention to yourself. most throw stuff out there and see what sticks.

This one stuck out to me back when he made it, and Kash called it out earlier. It still bothers me, for the same reasons YPM's post bothered me before. It feels ultra constructed.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote stick

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm but two other people just me 2'd it while I was typing that.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

I'd do that as well.

This one stuck out to me back when he made it, and Kash called it out earlier. It still bothers me, for the same reasons YPM's post bothered me before. It feels ultra constructed.

Wanting to dunk stickup based on that post is No Bueno

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Maybe you should explain why.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

All the scummies voting stickup imo

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Not all but I feel like at least one may be on there.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If I had to pick one, it would be Dicky B.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Max posted:

If I had to pick one, it would be Dicky B.

Yeah I agree he's also maybe mafia for the conversation about chores. I feel like chores is obviously never the lynch today so focusing on that and calling you out for engaging it is a weird thing to pop in and focus on.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Wanting to dunk stickup based on that post is No Bueno

Agreed. I don't even really get the criticism here. Obviously that post was constructed; all of them are.
I can kind of understand complaints about someone being insincere but it honestly sounds like people are on stick
Up for thinking before he speaks

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gonna ##vote Dicky B and see what happens.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Retro Futurist posted:

Agreed. I don't even really get the criticism here. Obviously that post was constructed; all of them are.
I can kind of understand complaints about someone being insincere but it honestly sounds like people are on stick
Up for thinking before he speaks

The post dinged my scumdar, but the speed at which people jumped on Stick has made me not want to vote him at just this moment.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm just leaving a lesson and grabbing dinner so I don't know I'll be here for deadline, gonna ## vote dick jic

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

I think Dick Bastardly is a better lynch than mmt right now so my vote is there in spirit but I'm not going to do it right now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Max posted:

The post dinged my scumdar, but the speed at which people jumped on Stick has made me not want to vote him at just this moment.

He has 3 votes and one is likely preservation I don't think it's exactly a bandwagon

Max
Nov 30, 2002

For me it was TNL saying "maybe Stick" followed almost immediately by Kash and Dicky B.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Maybe you should explain why.

A post you disagree with ("scum would act X in Y circumstance") is not the same as a scummy post.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Asiina is my first choice for today. This post felt scummy to me:

Asiina posted:

Anyway I was mad yesterday, I'm less mad today.

I think YPM's case was bad, but he's acknowledged the things that seemed bad about it to me which is that he was tunneling hard on a case that he obviously didn't believe in and it was incredibly obvious. I feel better about him now.

I think TNL has been very town so far too and like him best for town.

Two town reads, and then

quote:

I dunno, I'm not feeling super strongly for anyone as scum. Would vote out a shitposter or a lurker, and obviously would vote Rarity but again don't think I could really convince anyone of that.

(a) claims to not have any real reads
(b) volunteers to vote out a shitposter or a lurker
(c) names someone suspicious but doesn't volunteer to case them

Part of my read on Asii comes from the fact that I basically made that same progression in my last game where I was scum and so that kind of thought process feels fresh in my head. Her content this game reads to me like scum not wanting to commit to making a fake case.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i stand w/ mmt

##unvote ##vote asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was trying to leave it alone because I'm obviously biased in knowing my alignment, but MMT's case feels very real.

Her original case on me was that I was angry, completely ignoring my point

Murmur Twin posted:

I think I would also vote for Asiina. :ohdear:

Asii - do you have a better case right now than the one on YPM?

Murmur Twin posted:

Asiina - There exists a possibility that the aggressive tone / rolling scum are related (and again, apologies if they're not), and she made a post saying the push on YPM is bad without offering up someone who seems more suspicious.

The second part of this is nonsense. You can think a push is bad or on shaky logic without offering up an alternative, especially on D1 where my entire point was pretending that cases are completely solid early in the game is fake and will always read as fake. Saying that I can't make that point without offering up an alternative is nonsense.

She only votes for me because I goad her into it but She still maintains though that she'd vote for me or YPM equally, but now I'm her top choice because of how she played scum in another game (not how I played scum in another game) like that has anything to do with anything.

Again, I may be biased because it's against me, but this reasoning and its progression makes no sense at all. First I'm scum because I'm angry but doesn't explain how that makes me scum, and then I'm really scum because I'm playing how she played in another game where she was scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
With that said, I just re-read stickup and actually feel pretty good about the case there as well.

disagree with this as mmt is a smart player and surely knows this

---

of those three listed, I don't really have feels about mmt or ypm. slightly suspicious of max due to his +1 post (not vote) on to what mmt said. preview edit: more reactionary posts

---

very much with this. I think it's weird that max is sticking up for mmt, especially after coming after ypm for sticking up for me. projecting a little maybe?

---

I'm not sure if I agree with him, but don't think it's all that wrong to be suspicious of mmt for that reason

you agree with mmt, but surely you can at least understand why people would be suspicious of mmt if they didn't agree?

---

ah, I thought you were just replying to me there, not still referring to ypm

I don't agree with ypm for the same reason; mmt is a player I hold in very high regard. not sure that makes him scum though.

He's posting like someone who is sure about my alignment, and it kind of seems like he's trying to buddy up to me.

Also if you compare his posting to Icebound where he was town, there's a noticeable difference in tone between that stickup and this stickup. In that game he comes off as an interrogator, asking people pointed questions to find scum. in this game he comes off more like a commentator, talking a lot but not really much about who he thinks is scum.

• Locked thread