Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

(I mean)

Bow meow

(zzyzx you're still around?! I told everybody that you died. I told everybody that you died mugging an old lady.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
this dog is trying to usurp my spot on this ship and I can't believe none of you are paying attention to it

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

got some chores tonight posted:

im not reading my role pm until day 2 ##vote infinitum

its a null tell!! id do this whether im town or scum thats why i didnt read my role pm

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Arffffffft.

(I keep telling you I'm not a cat in a dog costume jeez)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Dick Bastardly posted:

How do you feel about chores?

I find them annoying, repetitive and mind numbing

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

got some chores tonight posted:

its a null tell!! id do this whether im town or scum thats why i didnt read my role pm

##vote chores

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Voting chores is the only logical thing to do, so do.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

How is this a joke vote and not a serious vote

It's two minutes after the game starts and nothing's happened. Infi hadn't posted anything yet.

Then you just kinda repeat it a few times and point out that Infi called you scum in a game once. (Sounds awful.)

CCKeane posted:

zzyzx you're still around?! I told everybody that you died. I told everybody that you died mugging an old lady.

Intermittently. Hi!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

zzyzx posted:

It's two minutes after the game starts and nothing's happened. Infi hadn't posted anything yet.

Then you just kinda repeat it a few times and point out that Infi called you scum in a game once. (Sounds awful.)

hot take: this opinion on pmom's motivation is wrong but not scummy

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Moatillata posted:

The person or the task? Bc that's how I feel about the task

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

The person or the task? Bc that's how I feel about the task

Youve found me out anarc

The person is playing basically the same as it ever was

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Second Mate's Log: Day 6
++++++++++++++++++++

Whew, what an exhausting day. After fruitlessly scrabbling around the giant vertical wooden pole thing, I finally managed to get that giant cloth properly hoisted. It took me a while to understand the blather directed at my way, but in the end everyone looked fairly satisfied with the job I did. I may just become a boat man yet!

As I was finishing up, I saw the most remarkable thing. The cat dressed (somewhat shoddily, I may add) as a dog came up to me and began nuzzling my leg, and then purred insistently as if asking me to follow. It led me back to the horizontal wooden pillar, began scratching at it as if pointing, and in a feat that I would describe as magical if I wasn't a keen expert in what is and isn't magic, led me over to a pile of flour in which it had scrawled the letters "MAST." Unbelievable! Unfortunately there wasn't enough spilled flour for the cat to spell out the "E" and "R," but I got the message anyway. To think that this will be my first non-lizard pet! I wonder if it eats gold...?

In the meantime the entire crew is enamored with the shipwrecked man, Infinitum, full of discussions of what he may have done in the past. While I cannot speak to any of that, one thing I can speak to is my growing obsession with the shipwrecked woman, Somberbrero. I cannot stop thinking of her...! When I asked the fair maiden where she was from, she gave me a haughty stare and ignored me, as if I had not spoken. Perhaps it is because of my plain middle-aged looks. If only she knew I was secretly a three-hundred year-old archmage!

But that did not deter me; I asked the much younger first mate, Slamburger, if he would inquire for me, and he subsequently learned that she was from a place called "Espanya." Such a lovely place! Such a lovely name! Som-ber-brerrrrro! Es-pannn-yaaaaa! Slamburger also seemed similarly impressed... Perhaps too impressed, now that I think about it. Oh, have I made a grievous mistake? Have I rescued a damsel, only to accidentally deliver her straight into the maw of a dragon? I swore myself never to make the same mistake again, and that was three damsels ago!

##vote Slamburger

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Moatillata posted:

don't sign your posts

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

don't sign your posts

Do better

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

This it at the thread.

Quit stalling

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

give me the data I crave

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Infinitum always plays anti-town regardless of alignment"
:goonsay:

*refuses to play game until player they don't like is removed from the game regardless of alignment or role*

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nm5jl7aM08

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

If there is someone you think would be better to vote today say so otherwise you know what to do

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

But for realsy Ecco and PMom please actually play the game instead of dragging in drama from past games you big babies

Everyone else I've got null tells on because this 'turbo' happened before I even made my first post ingame.
Leaning scum on 100yrs for blindly following whatever Ecco said

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

If there is someone you think would be better to vote today say so otherwise you know what to do

##vote Slasher Hawke

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
My parents are in Australia right now sending me vids of the toliets flushing

Nobody is talking about this

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Infinitum posted:

##vote Slasher Hawke

lol

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Moatillata posted:

My parents are in Australia right now sending me vids of the toliets flushing

Nobody is talking about this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

But for realsy if we're gonna get all analytical up in this bitch

I'd say.. the first 1-3 (Chores, PMom, Hawke) votes are probably jokey "ha-ha-turbo" D1 type votes, so 100% null tells. PMom is policy voting me because they don't like the way I play, but again null tell in the jokey stage of this push

4-6 (Moat, Somber, Ecco) votes are opportunistic and likely harbouring scum.
- Ecco is apparently not playing the game until I'm gone, so that's just bad play in general. Again is policy voting me for out of thread 'drama' she's bringing into the game
- I put forward Somber as trying to appear towny by just throwing questions out
- Moat is expecting me to claim off the back of a joke turbo which I don't like

7+ (Mr. F! + 100yrs) are very-bad-dumb-not-good-terrible votes 2 days out from deadline and those players should be looked at closely
- Mr F for basically continuing the vote once it went past "Oh wow we're actually trying to do this and it's not a joke" stage
- 100yrs for literally doing whatever Ecco told him to do, again well past 'joke' phase on this.

If you're asking me who I think is the most suss out of this..
##vote 100yrs

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In considering who would use "caremad policy lynch" as a scum cover, I'd put Ecco as likeliest.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's very unlikely that 6 people voting you are scum, infi

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Didn't say that tho

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No, but you specifically name 5 players as having bad or suspicious behaviors itt. This is just semantics.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Those are called reads

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Maybe your reads dial is stuck on scummy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My dial is actually stuck on Mary Celeste

It's moister than an oyster

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Infinitum posted:

It's moister than an oyster

if you folk don't vote Inf after this well

smdh folks, smdh

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Im thinking the twist is that the cargo is actually shine and we are in fact all participating in shine 4

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It's shocking that Fisk isn't up my rear end about my vote

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

Im thinking the twist is that the cargo is actually shine and we are in fact all participating in shine 4

oh poo poo

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's shocking that Fisk isn't up my rear end about my vote

honestly, yah.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Flying Leatherman posted:

I realize that we are different people with different approaches to the game, but 100's posts actually struck me as non-humorous justifications for his vote, not stuff to be dismissed.

Because they are. I'm being legit sincere, that I'm doing it because Ecco asked and because I think it may be fun to take myself less seriously in these games and just leave things to chance. I'm glad I'm not being misunderstood.

zzyzx posted:

I think Infi reads town in this series of 6-7 posts; I get a pretty genuine, sarcastic, "you're all really bad at this" vibe off of those, which is what I'd expect from a townie in that spot and seems more or less accurate. Seriously voting someone because you didn't like them in another game is dumb.

He's been posting like that the whole game through, it doesn't go one way or the other for me.

CCKeane posted:

Bow meow

(I find the stalling on Inf pretty interesting. I'm wondering if scum were trying to push for momentum and found it stalling. Or if Infi is scum himself)

This is a simplistic equivocation. Of course it's one or the other.

Infinitum posted:

But for realsy Ecco and PMom please actually play the game instead of dragging in drama from past games you big babies

Everyone else I've got null tells on because this 'turbo' happened before I even made my first post ingame.
Leaning scum on 100yrs for blindly following whatever Ecco said

To be fair Ecco asked in a way that appealed to my sensibilities.

Gotta work but I'll be around lunchtime.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
chores, why did you vote Infi? 'Tis a simple request for a simple answer.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

To be fair Ecco asked in a way that appealed to my sensibilities.

Gotta work but I'll be around lunchtime.

So do you plan on just coasting through this game on the backs of other people? :nyoron:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Infinitum posted:

So do you plan on just coasting through this game on the backs of other people? :nyoron:

capitalism.txt

• Locked thread