Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

why is 100yrs scum to you?

Because I'm faking my style, if I understood Hal correctly.

Mr. F! posted:

One time in a game I was a town arsonist and targeted someone with my ability that two other town power roles said they were going to target just so I could kill as many people as possible. Why? Because id never had the role before and it would be funny, and it was.

Should I always be policy lynched from games?

I agree that policy executing isn't particularly nice, and I do find the humor in both what you and infinitum did but it's also very counter-productive for anyone actually trying to play the game. In other words, it's funny to everyone who is not directly impacted. Those who are understandably see it as super lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

4 hours to lynch and you dummies are still voting infinitum.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'm happy voting for 100yrs. Not seeing the case on Slamburger, and his posting seems pretty solid so far.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (6): got some chores tonight, Pinterest Mom, SLASHER HAWKE, Moatillata, Somberbrero, EccoRaven, Mr. F!, 100YrsofAttitude, Mr. F!, got some chores tonight
100YrsofAttitude (4): Flying Leatherman, Infinitum, zzyzx, Hal Incandenza
Slamburger (3): The Ninth Layer, got some chores tonight, Jonathan Fisk
EccoRaven (1): Dick Bastardly
SLASHER HAWKE (1): Mr. F!, Mr. F!, Infinitum, Infinitum, Mr. F!
Somberbrero (1): Slamburger
Hal Incandenza (0): zzyzx, zzyzx
Jonathan Fisk (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Mr. F! (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
got some chores tonight (0): Mr. F!, Dick Bastardly, Mr. F!, Dick Bastardly
CCKeane (0): Flying Leatherman, Infinitum, Flying Leatherman, Infinitum

Not Voting (2): AnonymousNarcotics, CCKeane

With 18 people aboard, it takes 10 votes to throw someone overboard.
The current deadline is April 06th, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 45 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

I'm sorry people are having a hard time believing that someone who literally invented the "vote for lovely players first thing" gambit would start off a game by voting for a lovely player first.

why is 100yrs scum to you?

Whatevs, I guess we just disagree about what a lovely player is

I am voting 100 because all the posts really do sound over thought but maybe it's a European thing.

I tend to agree with Slamburger re: Somber so I've cooled on slam a bit

Definitely don't think infi is scum though

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think salmonburger is wrongo town. his case on me feels like he genuinely believes it, if slam were scum faking content i'd hope he'd do a little better than 'Bad = Scum.'

so yeah it's like 6am in australia, what are the odds of infinitum showing back up before deadline? maybe... he should have claimed?

for real though, i don't get why asking for a claim is a scum tell. it doesn't make any sense. has anyone ever seen a scum team actively rolefish? it helps coordinate the dunk, which is almost always more important than holding onto your role information in the hopes that you can argue your way out and maintain the small value of that secrecy.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
well i guess we're no lynching today

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

got some chores tonight posted:

well i guess we're no lynching today

Don't give up, we have time

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

I think salmonburger is wrongo town. his case on me feels like he genuinely believes it, if slam were scum faking content i'd hope he'd do a little better than 'Bad = Scum.'

so yeah it's like 6am in australia, what are the odds of infinitum showing back up before deadline? maybe... he should have claimed?

for real though, i don't get why asking for a claim is a scum tell. it doesn't make any sense. has anyone ever seen a scum team actively rolefish? it helps coordinate the dunk, which is almost always more important than holding onto your role information in the hopes that you can argue your way out and maintain the small value of that secrecy.

I always forget the time thing, so yeah asking for a claim isn't terrible. I still get bad feelings from you brah

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Don't give up, we have time

Why are you refusing to vote for Inf

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm really having a hard time parsing if this scum Ecco or pretentious jerk Ecco.

Not gonna vote inf though, ##vote 100yrs I think

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The evil no fun coalition is trying to bring this ship down

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whatevs, I guess we just disagree about what a lovely player is

I am voting 100 because all the posts really do sound over thought but maybe it's a European thing.

I tend to agree with Slamburger re: Somber so I've cooled on slam a bit

Definitely don't think infi is scum though

You guys do know that I'm American right? And maybe, just maybe, that's how I think things through. It's got nothing to do with (not) being European. It's like you're not even reading the game.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Jfc so many fevered egos itt

Hot takes, handle with care:

I think infinitum is a solid d1 lynch

-he has yet to claim (really odd for him)
-he hasnt offered any good alternatives but rather just tried to defend himself
-his flip will really tell a lot about who has been pushing for/against

I think 100yrs is rusty and its showing. His writing seems on par with his posting in the discussion thread and i am reading wishy washy sincerity from him. Overall im not super thrilled with his murder

I would much prefer to lynch someone like ecco or chores out of this whole mess.

Btw chores have you read your PM yet?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

I think infinitum is a solid d1 lynch
and

Moatillata posted:

I would much prefer to lynch someone like ecco or chores out of this whole mess.

are inconsistent for multiple reasons.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

EccoRaven posted:

and

Not really

If we arent gonna lynch infinitum then i woupd prefer you or chores. Most preferably you

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

Not really

If we arent gonna lynch infinitum then i woupd prefer you or chores. Most preferably you

Then: why?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

seems like an implicit admission of scumminess; willing to lynch anyone d1 but would prefer to lynch a strong player

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

EccoRaven posted:

Then: why?

Your push feels the most like a smokescreen and you are pushing harder than anyone else. Additonally you are happy to no lynch

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
for the record:

EccoRaven posted:

if one thinks inf is a solid vote then wanting to vote for me, when most of what I've done is push for infinitum, seems contradictory.

I had a second reason when I made that post but it escapes me now, how embarrassing.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

Your push feels the most like a smokescreen and you are pushing harder than anyone else.

how does it feel like smokescreen? what does that even mean?

Moatillata posted:

Additonally you are happy to no lynch
this is incorrect. the person killed today will be infinitum and I am pushing for it, that's hardly being for a "no [hang]"

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yeah moat, i don't get it.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
lol, just lol if you're a town who wants to protect Inf for some reason

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

lol, just lol if you're a town who wants to protect Inf for some reason

what if i want to protect infi to spite ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I must say it is very humbling to have so many people say "ecco would never be so petty and foolish as to do <thing that seems petty and foolish to me>". I did not know you all held me in such high esteem! However I am sorry to inform you all that you're mistaken, I am indeed petty and foolish.

When I say things like "I have nothing but contempt for the lot of you" I am not being cute. When I say "you're lovely and you need to leave our community" I am not exaggerating.

I'm really, genuinely this unpleasant. And I don't care, except insofar as you all think I'm scum this game for it.

I hope this has helped.

Now let's vote for infinitum, who I am sure is a great person irl, but who is beyond awful at mafia.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

what if i want to protect infi to spite ecco

have you considered my threat? it still stands. you will be spared destruction if you vote for infinitum. if you do not, I will end you.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
So, basically we have created this whole mess around infinitum and i would prefer that we just follow through and lynch him.

If we do not, i would prefer we lynch one of the following:

Ecco
Pmom
Chores

Of the three i would prefer Ecco.

What i do not want to do is lynch someone completely tertiary to this whole mess

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

Of the three i would prefer Ecco.
why?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

i think because you're an rear end in a top hat.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Second Mate's Log, Day 12
+++++++++++++++++++++

After a resounding and prolonged day of weeping, I finally worked up the courage to address my conflicting emotions head-on, the way I used to when I was younger. A ship's alcohol supply is one of its most protected resources, so they say, but as second mate I had no problem accessing the storage hatch between the boat's top. I attempted to brew a hearty wizard's potion, but unfortunately I lacked the ingredients I would have had in stock in my tower. In the end there are only so many ways to mix beer and wine together, and I found myself settling for a hearty if somewhat tangy concoction of Imperial Stout and Chardonnay.

I still feel the dragging aftereffects of excessive potion quaffing, but if anything I've found it has cleared my head somewhat of my obsessive infatuation with that strumpet Somberbrero. My heart still aches for what it cannot have, but my head aches substantially louder. Equally as loud, and somewhat exacerbating the headache issue, are the crewmates gathered around Infinitum, Slamburger, and 100yrs. It appears that a raucous party is starting up, and at the worst possible time! Oh well. I prepare to fortify myself for what, considering this aging frame, will be an even uglier tomorrow. I look forward to drinking this "dead lime" concoction everyone is raving about!

I feel some pity for Intinitum, but mostly jealousy. Again I marvel at how one man can have broken so many hearts that even now, fresh on a new ship's voyage, some passengers still cannot get over their past grievances. For my part, I have observed Infinitum being nothing less than a consummate gentleman on this vessel, but I also cannot claim to speak for his behavior on previous journeys. I tend to view each new boat ride (or astral projection, in the case of yours truly) as a fresh start, where prior grievances are put aside and all hands assist on top the boat's ceiling.

My feelings on First Mate Slamburger are well-known, and I confess that I am not eager to let his traitorous heart escape the day. Though his love letter to Somberbrero was (I reluctantly admit) rather well-written, upon closer examination I found myself taking issue with his characterization of the fair Somberbrero. (No, no, mustn't think of her lovely face!) Somberbrero was the only passenger openly calling Infinitum a threat to the boat's safety, as opposed to a mere sap on its resources. Yet Slamburger excuses the more emotional opinions to focus on one built upon reason. I fail to understand the arbitrary distinctions drawn here.

I have difficulty evaluating 100yrs and her role in the shipwrecked love triangle that has washed up on our boat. At times she embraces the emotional outcry against Infinitum, while at others she demonstrates a disaffected, uh, affect toward seeing her former crewmate walk the diving board. It is disconcerting, and does remind me a little of a dragon who will disguise himself among peasants to incite them to revolt, without risking himself in the revolution.

My resolve to never share a drink with Slamburger remains strong, and personally I would wish for him to be nominated to the diving contest first. But I am prepared to move my nomination to either alternative candidate if necessary, just so long as I get a good show out of it. Now, time to grab some scale of the dragon that burned me.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I would rather lynch chores

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
sorry, that was rude. what i meant was 'you're being kind of an rear end in a top hat here and i completely get it because i have played mafia with infinitum before, and outside of the whole policy dunk thing i think you're actually handling it pretty well, but my guess is that's why moat wants to vote you.'

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##vote chores

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yo tnl if you wanna gently caress just say so drat

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

have you considered my threat? it still stands. you will be spared destruction if you vote for infinitum. if you do not, I will end you.

can you clarify how you will end me you wont send assassins to murder me irl will you

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

can you clarify how you will end me you wont send assassins to murder me irl will you

I cannot, you must take me at my word from one to another. I wouldn't bluff about this, certainly not in this way, and so you need to consider what I am saying as seriously as if I laid it all out before you.

Somberbrero posted:

sorry, that was rude. what i meant was 'you're being kind of an rear end in a top hat here and i completely get it because i have played mafia with infinitum before, and outside of the whole policy dunk thing i think you're actually handling it pretty well, but my guess is that's why moat wants to vote you.'

I understood you the first time but thanks for clarifying! it made me laugh irl.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ecco will eat all your bugs. then where will you be? bugless, like a total idiot.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Somberbrero posted:

Not a huge fan of this

Theres more but i guess you could say i just play mafia 'from the hip'

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

well go on.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

Not a huge fan of this

what's the more?

you said my play felt most like a "smokescreen." What do you mean by that? How so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've got to get ready for bed. I can't stay up all night for deadline like I used to. So you've got about 5-10 minutes if you want me to field any last questions. Otherwise good night.

• Locked thread